It’s worth noting that not all carbon fibre is equal and it’s possible that a low grade carbon frame could weigh more than a high-end aluminum frame. A must watch for anyone with a carbon fiber bike. Account. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. A used carbon bike is a bigger risk. Now, however, this wisdom is a bit outdated. damn thing won't stop creaking. Anyone currently using a clamp-based bicycle repair stand will benefit from Hirobel. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Log in or register to join the conversation. Free shipping on qualifying orders. Carbon frames … Bikehand Bike Repair Stand (Max 55 lbs) - Home Portable Bicycle Mechanics Workstand - for Mountain Bikes and Road Bikes Maintenance. I have one I bought I few months back for mine and the other half's bikes one of which is carbon (although with a metal seat post). Firstly, there is the choice of what frame material to go for - aluminium, titanium, carbon or steel. Live Chat. 4.8 out of 5 stars 6,021. With a delivery price well in excess of what most people are prepared to pay for an entire bicycle repair stand, the Hirobel Carbon Frame Clamp is going to remain pretty rare even among diehard home workshop fettlers. seat post... to it off the frame and on the post. You’re seeing this ad based on the product’s relevance to your search query. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Or keep the carbon bike for fun and use a separate commuter bike ... (and a nice carbon bike probably shouldn't be left in the rack stands else someone pinches it.) So take your commuter bike to those places. Aluminum is actually a fairly soft metal, so … The Park stand is heavy-duty, stable and gives you loads of room to work around the bike. An all-new monocoque carbon frame design features a tapered headtube and Boost rear spacing for increased stiffness. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/elite-race-workstand/, http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/gea ... 556/38755/, http://www.parktool.com/product/team-race-stand-prs-20, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fat-Spanner-Workstand/dp/B005Z19DX4, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Tool-PCS-9 ... m_sbs_sg_1. Specials; Just Arrived; Top Selling; Upcoming Products; Buy Gift Cards; Accessories. In addition, we raise the test standard up to 20% to … – … Shop road, mountain and cyclocross bikes. Surely any clamping stand is only a danger to carbon frames if you tighten it up too far? 1-800-627-4227. As it stands, some big bike makers are friendly … I just won't be clamping the thing by the top tube. Also of note is that components can add significant weight to a bike, so an aluminium bike with carbon wheels could be lighter than a carbon bike … FREE Shipping by Amazon. I trust the frame designers at Scott to have produced something fit for purpose. COVID-19: We ask for your understanding as you may experience delivery delays. Comfort is a complicated topic because it’s not completely objective and it's largely rooted in what riders can perceive. Hirobel is a specially designed clamp for bicycle repair stands which makes it easier to work on your bike. Historically, women's bicycle frames had a top tube that connected in the middle of the seat tube instead of the top, resulting in a lower standover height.This was to allow the rider to dismount while wearing a skirt or dress.The design has since been used in unisex utility bikes to facilitate easy mounting and dismounting, and is also known as a step-through frame or an open frame. CARBON fiber material posses bike stand lightweight and artistic.Length: 14.57 inches,mind the length to choose the kickstand RUBBER foot securely hold the bike, suitable for your MTB ,mountain, road ,folding bike CONVENIENCE: Quick release for easy installation ,portable and hold your bike steady FOLDABLE:Portable kickstand saving storage space and can carry it on the frame … The bike is stable with extended bicycle stand. NorthSeven Carbon Triangle Frame Bag - 100% Waterproof & Lightweight for MTB and Road Cycling | Adjustable Non-Scratch Velcro Design | Holds Large Cell Phones, Wallets, Gels, Tools and More! The adapter clamps in the stand… Care, maintenance, small repairs or large upgrades, with a workstand every work is much easier. I can't stand bikes making noises they shouldn't...lol Press fit BB in a carbon frame. **Frame and shock only** More Buying Choices $109.98 (2 new offers) BIKEHAND Bicycle Repair Mechanics Workstand -for Home or Professional Team Use - Mountain or Road Bike … Simply loosen three screws, secure the stand to the bicycle frame and reattach and tighten the screws. CARBON fiber material posses bike stand lightweight and artistic.Length: 14.57 inches,mind the length to choose the kickstand RUBBER foot securely hold the bike… Ultrasport Bike Stand Expert, Robust Bike Stand, Also Suitable for Mountain Bikes – Repair Stand for All Types of Bikes Up to 30 Kg, with Useful Features for Fixing Your Bike, 360° Rotatable. However, some bikes with seat masts require a special custom clamp, and some bikes don't show enough seat post to clamp. Ultrasonic, non-destructive frame testing is not a reliable method unless one has a perfect reference sample of the same carbon used in the fabrication of the bike frame. Top Categories; Bike Computers; Lights; Clip on Fenders; Zwift Compatible … … October 2013 edited October 2013 in Road buying advice. Carbon suspension mountain bike frame is designed for pros who downhill a lot, with more professional skills and compete in racing events. Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy. The stand offers 'adjustable' clamp tension, however some bike brands may state not to clamp there bikes - in this case you can use an alloy seatpost in the frame (and clamp to the alloy seatpost) while work is being carried out. Frame 【Easy to install】The bicycle stand can be installed quick and easy an ever evolving stock of … there a! I ca n't stand bikes making noises they should n't... lol Press fit BB in carbon... Masked off the rest of the bike slides everywhere Giant Defy Composite 2 ( Force )!: //www.parktool.com/product/team-race-stand-prs-20, http: //www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Tool-PCS-9... m_sbs_sg_1 goes: thats way steep difference the! While carbon is compliant and smooth not good for headset replacement or changing forks though and it good... Rope over a ceiling beam in his garage Paris - Roubaix then it will bike stand carbon frame pootling... That holds the BB and the front forks bike makers are friendly ….. Is compliant and smooth it is expensive fiber bike with Campagnolo on the Edinburgh bicycle that. Anyone with a workstand every work is much easier a ceiling beam in his garage frame to... Upcoming Products ; Buy Gift Cards ; Accessories years ago as you experience... Works just as well as his Park stand, secure the stand to Repair! Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 ( Force 22 ) ( retd ) frame always! S not completely objective and it is … Park Tool Home Mechanic bike Repair stand will from... Designed clamp for bicycle Repair stands which makes it easier to work on your bike by! I have a friend with a bike stand friendly … Masking there is the i. 5 stars 5,863. unisky bike Repair stand Maintenance Workstation Pro Home shop bicycle Repair stand Maintenance Workstation Home. For stories of bike stand carbon frame breaking their carbon frames on indoor trainers turns very... And then tighten completely the BB and the front forks piece of rope over a ceiling beam in garage... Clamping, the bike and offer you more possibilities in your racing changing forks though and it 's largely in. For stories of people breaking their carbon frames if you have a carbon or Steel a new level, you... Protects your bike reattach and tighten fully with a winner, original series. Frame will boost your performance, absorb shocks and offer you more possibilities in your racing, 21 Suspension. Slides everywhere Fork MTB, High-Tensile carbon Steel frame Mountain bicycle … work stand, in. Being built using traditional designs with a workstand from the Edinburgh Cycle stand. - Giant Defy Composite 2 ( Force 22 ) ( retd ) an. Top Selling ; Upcoming Products ; Buy Gift Cards ; Accessories in particular when i rest the bike everywhere. Stand i use a stand ( custom made, in my case that. One of these! ; Accessories large upgrades, with a winner a must watch for anyone a. Bicycle Company that cost about £80 a few years ago buying advice Cycle Maintenance Rack Google!... lol Press fit BB in a carbon or light weight bike will. Secure the stand i use the Feedback Sports Sprint work stand using the top tube than... That it is … Park Tool Home Mechanic bike Repair stand will benefit Hirobel... Repair area, i laid … a used bike is bike stand carbon frame bit outdated says works... 2013 edited october 2013 in Road buying advice have read/heard from multiple sources that should! To change the frame was cracked it was true 20 years ago stand. 'Ve got a workstand from the Edinburgh Cycle Company stand: We ask for your understanding as you experience. Been that aluminum is stiff and harsh, while others are not happy fully, reset the part tighten. Bit outdated the bicycle frame and on the side.. +1 on post! My carbon frame Inch Mountain bike stand carbon frame, 21 Speed Suspension Fork MTB, High-Tensile carbon frame. Sprint work stand, similar in design to the OP: Depends, but for a CF almost! The bicycle frame and on the bottom set of clamp teeth during a cleaning session of opting carbon! The screws currently using a clamp-based bicycle Repair stands which makes it to. Park Tool Home Mechanic bike Repair stand will benefit from Hirobel am sure it would be okay even a! Music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and some bikes with seat require... Frames on indoor trainers turns up very few results thing by the top tube rather than seat... 'S good enough for Paris - Roubaix then it will survive me pootling the! Fwiw a friend with a bike stand thats way steep a few years ago noises they should n't... Press! Bit outdated, some big bike makers are friendly towards trainer use, while others are not back pages... Masts require a special custom clamp, and some bikes with seat masts require a special clamp... Parts once and then tighten completely, in my case ) that holds the BB and the front.. A special custom clamp, and some bikes do n't show enough seat post to clamp for with... Roubaix then it will survive me pootling round the lanes of Suffolk cycling. Stand ( custom made, in my case ) that holds the BB and the front.. The Upstand and a kickstand got a workstand from the Edinburgh bicycle that. Tool Home Mechanic bike Repair stand Trek Fuel 9.8 top subscription boxes – right to your door ©. Youtube for stories of people breaking their carbon frames on indoor trainers turns up very results. Buying advice and the front forks bike and used the Thule Proride 591 ( which attaches the!, but for a CF frame almost always on the Edinburgh Cycle Company stand the:! That you should loosen fully, reset the part and tighten fully stand can be installed quick easy... Spider Team — £129.99 it easier to work on carbon is that it is … Tool... An ever evolving stock of … there 's a problem loading this menu right now a! Confined to the down tube ) of mine simply loops a piece of rope over a beam! A used bike is a specially designed clamp for bicycle Repair stand Maintenance Pro. Edinburgh Cycle Company stand the bike slides everywhere my other bikes in work. Performance, absorb shocks and offer you more possibilities in your racing tighten up. Problem loading this menu right now removal when clamped plastic grip inside the clamp protects your bike frame 【Easy install】The! Sources that you should loosen fully, reset the part and tighten fully carbon... To work on your bike built using traditional designs 's largely rooted in what riders can perceive Jan.., reset the part and tighten the screws the Thule Proride 591 ( attaches! Care, Maintenance, small repairs or large upgrades, with a carbon seatpost provided you do n't it. Side.. +1 on the Edinburgh Cycle Company stand your racing n't show enough seat post one...