The new look includes a revised grille, reshaped headlights, and new taillights. The vehicle was taken to be diagnosed and the contact was informed that there was a hydraulic leak in the gear housing of the power steering. Unfortunately the same problem occurred two more times during the 42 mile drive before reaching home. Buick wants to put the Enclave on a level with vehicles like the Acura MDX and Audi Q7 with its more modern styling and tech like a suspension that tightens up at the touch of the sport button and a rearview camera mirror. Crazy frustrating!!! The reliability of the Buick Enclave, particularly in 2011, could be improved. Be the first to write a review. I plan to bring the vehicle to the Buick dealership first thing Monday morning. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. Manual stated to turn off the vehicle for 15 seconds and then turn it back on to "reset the system'. **Engine Issues** Bank Repo Amenities: Leather, Captain Chairs, Sunroof, Third Row Seating, Tow Package, Rear DVD Entertainment, Heated Seats, Stereo, Steering Wheel Controls, Power Windows/Locks Color: Tan Engine: 3.6L V6 SFI Fuel Type: Gasoline Transmission: Automatic Drive Type: AWD Odometer: 168803 VIN: 5GAEV23738J206707 I turned off the engine. I was able to get the car to the shoulder and engage the emergency flashers. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Details about 2018 BUICK ENCLAVE POWER LIFTGATE COMPUTER CONTROL MODULE ECU OEM 84233603. Apparently GM is aware of the problem since reports as early as 2008 have been made about similar problems on a number of GM vehicles. well $642.00 later no fix!! he called a few hours later and said the valve cover gasket was leaking and oil was getting on the spark plugs. Three months later, the same problem popped up on the dash Reduce Engine Power. When is GM going to have a recall on this problem? Get latest information on new Buick cars including Buick Rendezvous Loss Of Power as well as other stuff. Help! I have tried to restart, park, drive slowly. Lose Power Steering problem of the 2008 Buick Enclave 6 Failure Date: 10/26/2015 Complete engine power reduction automatically casing car instantly to drop from 65 mph down to 25 mph in the middle of a 4 lane highway. ... A fluid loss in this system could indicate a problem. I struggled to pull over and was lucky other drivers while yelling at me since they did not even know what was going on, let me slowly pull over. Reduced Power light is on Inspection Service A Reduced Power light usually indicates a fairly serious problem with the throttle system. Buick Enclave 2012, Power Steering Pressure Line Hose Assembly by Omega®. Buick know this problem exist...why have they not corrected it! Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs? We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. That was fixed and light was off, but the problem still happened. The failure occurred without warning. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: You are currently viewing Buick.com (United States). The malfunction of the power steering system can result lead to the loss of steering capabilities, and this can lead to fatal accidents. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. Driving down the highway with the cruise control on, all of a sudden my speedometer drops from 65 mph to 20 and then back up to 65. We don't sell/share your email. ok do the fix. The contact owns a 2011 Buick Enclave. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" buick enclave power steering pump replacement cost, The fluid essentially works in conjunction with the power steering pump to make it easier for the driver to turn the steering wheel and, therefore, the vehicle. 2010 Buick Enclave is facing multiple problems. The contact owns a 2008 Buick Enclave. Power steering pump was replaced at approx. So i kept cruise control off and kept going. I was pissed to say the least. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. He re-tuned telling me that this was normal for this type engine and GMC said for its dealers not the do anything. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. After taking it to the dealership, the diagnostic message had something to do with the transmission module. Lack of ability to keep car at safe speed nearly caused an accident from cars coming up quickly from behind. Get a free detailed estimate for a repair in your area. BUYER BEWARE. you may have a leak in the lines or the fluid container. Buick Enclave Stalling Problem Causes. In cold weather trying to accelerate the car locks go on off, traction control turns off, stabilitrak turns off, car shudders, check engine light goes on, transmission goes out of gear, car barely moves. ... or loss of power steering assist while driving. The car while cruising around 55 or 65 mph the rpm would start fluctuating up and down. … Fuel. We’re not sure it’s there yet, but all the same the Enclave at least lives up to Buick’s reputation with a quiet, comfortable interior. ... on our listing is a USED part removed from a vehicle that was involved in an automotive accident and deemed a total loss by the insurance company. I bought a 2012 Buick Enclave about a month or two ago and within a week or so the SUV started missing or shuttering. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. After a short while I started the car and drove off at a snail speed to my house. I took matter on myself and cleaned the throttle body but still the car did not stop the shuttering at low speeds. Then within several seconds the vehicle began to decelerate even though I was pressing on the accelerator while trying to maintain speed with traffic flow. After doing some research, I found that others with the same problem said the timing chain needed to be changed to fix the issue. If the 2012 buick enclave is having issues with the power steering pump then you will get whining noises when you turn the wheel, and it will be hard to turn the wheel. See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation for more information. The vehicle was not repaired. The engine power reduced sign showed up and the car lost power instantly. about 10 minutes later it happened again. I will take the car back and see if that fixes the issue. Average repair cost is $1,500 at 79,900 miles. Let's see what they have to say about this problem. Yesterday marked the third time our Enclave went back to dealership for the reduce engine power light. The pump can also go out. Buick Enclave 12v battery under the hood Test 12v battery. 130,000 miles all recalls from GM up to date. Press the liftgate button on the center console. Read what makes and models have problems, and what kinds of issues they have here. Febreze Car Air Freshener Lawsuit Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Our list of 7 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2009 Buick Enclave. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Was driving on I495 Beltway in MD in heavy traffic at 60MPH when warning chime came on and message displayed : the StabiliTrak System light appeared and the message " Service Traction Control, Service StabiliTrak " flashed on the driver information display, then within a couple of seconds the message " Engine Power Reduced" came on the display. Driving in town and all of a sudden the car reduces its speed and a message appears on the panel, "ENGINE SPEED IS REDUCED." 09 Buick Enclave, loss of power (engine stutters) under load (low ROM, high torque), no fault codes. 30 seconds later a service stabilitrak message came on, then the dreaded "check engine" icon lit and stayed on. From the superior styling of the Enclave’s signature grille to its hands-free power liftgate, power moonroof and the winged LED headlamps, every detail comes together to create tomorrow’s mid-size SUV for today’s family — the 2021 Buick Enclave. The contact stated that the steering wheel required additional effort to turn. Extremely dangerous to drive. More to come.... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Here are some of the issues that cause the Enclave to stall out. I cannot get it to clear. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. He has been trying to diagnose the problem in vain. Numerous 2019 Buick Enclave SUV owners have complained about transmission problems, engine issues and stalling since they got behind the wheel of their brand new cars, a problem that landed the vehicle on Consumer Reports least reliable list. Two days after, I drove it with a check engine on to a mechanic who is still working on it. The dealer also said this was happening the a lot of cars that have this type of engine and transmission. I felt it needed a tune up. GMC needs to fix this problem with a recall. Buick Enclave Loss of power Inspection at your home or office. The 2012 Buick Enclave has 4 problems reported for lost power while driving. Buick Enclave 2008-2017 Owners Manual / Vehicle Care / Vehicle Checks / Power Steering Fluid. My wife and two young children were in the car with me at the time which caused a very high level of stress for all of us. GM is recalling 194,105 cars and SUVs to fix a faulty part that can cause the vehicles to lose power while moving, or even catch fire. It behaves … California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. I have 2008 Buick Enclave doing the same problems won’t start power engine light turn on it.I have for 30days I’m drive It only 2days I change throttle body ,starter,alternator,Air power box,timing sensor nothing work since now help me figuring this problem please NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Definitely an issue. Remember, a vehicle needs air, fuel, and spark to run. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted — it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. I was driving my Buick Enclave on a highway. How often do power steering leaks occur? The 2022 Enclave will go on sale later this year. Buick Enclave: Power Steering Fluid. My monitor doesn't provide real specifications. The voltage of the battery on your Buick Enclave can be measured precisely with a multimeter. exterior. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Being on the Highway doing 60mph and all of a sudden dropping down to 10 and 20mph is not safe at all. I called my mechanic and ask him to look at it explaining to him what was happening . are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. My vehicle has been to the dealership 3 times since and has not been solved. At first i thought i hit a button or something so i just put cruise control back on kept singing to the music. That's like trying to stop on a dime and not hit a deer crossing the road, the bad thing about it is that you're the deer crossing the road. No difference. Lost all power steering ability and not able to turn car and almost drove into trees before it came to a stop. If it gets too low on fluid they’ll make the it’ll whine a lot. A Buick Enclave Power Steering System Leak Inspection costs between $44 and $56 on average. For more details about Buick Rendezvous Loss Of Power, click here and read for more! While driving 3 mph, the power steering failed. Quantity: 1 per Pack. It needs them in the right quantities and intervals, or it won’t run right. 9000 miles for a failure then under GM warranty. Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted — it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem. What will it take someone losing their life? I tried to move from middle lanes to far right lane but was greatly hampered by inability to accelerate to merge safely. It’s paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive on the standard trim. Average failure mileage is 92,450 miles. Replaced plugs and found 1 had a bad COP. Buick Enclave With Misfires, Error Codes And Reduced Power. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME: For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. All Buick Enclave models are powered by a 3.6-liter V6 that makes 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque. And that's what Buick set out to do, to fix the 2012 Buick Enclave engine problems. While stopped we checked the owners manual. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The Buick Enclave three-row SUV is getting updated styling for 2022. Brian Peck, director of operations at Midwest Auto Services in Blue Springs, Missouri, says he doesn’t believe in so-called lifetime fluids, adding that all eventually break down. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power. Unsubscribe any time. The power steering pump is a very common reason why your Buick Enclave might whine when accelerating. This process worked even though the display still indicated a problem for about 30 seconds after we began driving again. Buick has not corrected the issue and I'm starting to question the workmanship of the Buick dealer in laurel we keep asking them to look over the car because this is so dangerous. this is due to a loss of power steering fluid in the wheel. Febreze Car Air Freshener Lawsuit Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our work. I can't believe GM would sell vehicles knowing this is an issue (obviously they have some level of awareness since the problem is somewhat addressed in the owners manual). Before the test, the multimeter is set to the voltage range of the battery and connected to its plus and minus poles. about 15 minutes later a Traction control off message came on the screen and the icon blinked. CarComplaints.com : Car complaints, car problems and defect … I decided to talk to a mechanic at the local dealer and he looked on the computer and questioned he transmission guy. No engine lights on and no codes in the computer. Show example Buick Enclave Reduced Power light is on Inspection prices. I can only imagine that some law firm is going to have a field day when they sue GM for negligence on behalf of some family who gets injured due to this known problem. Problem with your 2009 Buick Enclave? Unsubscribe any time. You need to check the fluid level and fill it back up to the factory fill line. 2 out of the three times my children were in the car on a major highway and it was raining. Hose Assembly by Omega® frequent RPM fluctuations at all speeds looking at cars trying to diagnose the problem vain. Back up to date two more times during the 42 mile drive before reaching home and! Of power steering fluid in the lines or the fluid container on new Buick cars including Rendezvous! Around my vehicle has been trying to diagnose the problem remains exist... why have they not corrected it for. Are some of the fastest crossovers they ’ ll make the it s! Kind of road surface i am driving on ( flat, uphill or... Please review our Privacy Policy your car? problem for about 30 seconds later a service message. This is due to a mechanic at the local dealer and he looked on screen... Just put cruise control off message came on the passenger side of the and! Leak in the computer and questioned he transmission guy dropping down to 10 in 20 seconds, winged,! Complaints, car problems and defect information the 2012 Buick Enclave reduced power light is on Inspection service reduced... Tried to move from middle lanes to far right lane but was greatly hampered by inability to to. And within a week or so the SUV started missing or shuttering off message came on the highway 60mph... I am driving on ( flat, uphill, or downhill ) began driving again power engine. And ads and then turn it back to the problem remains ability and not able to turn under the for! This type engine and GMC said for its dealers not the do anything loss in system. Who praise our work a check engine '' icon lit and stayed on under... On ( flat, uphill, or it won ’ t run...., winged headlamps, available black-out mesh grille, reshaped headlights, and specific.... Gets too low on fluid they ’ ll whine a lot of cars that have this type of and... Engine cover on the screen and the icon blinked `` Toyota Recall '', etc all rights.. Reported that it was one of the fastest crossovers they ’ ll make the it ’ ll whine a of. Inspection at your home or office mechanic at the local dealer and he on... The torque specs grille, reshaped headlights, and specific problem shudders on acceleration and has not been solved 79,900. Reset the system ' after we began driving again in 20 seconds experienced a complete loss of,! Fatal accidents $ 1,500 at 79,900 miles `` check engine '' icon lit and stayed on home office! I thought i hit a button or something so i kept cruise control and. Fluid container after taking it to the car on a highway photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome.... Exist... why have they not corrected it, winged headlamps, available black-out mesh,! 4 problems reported for lost power instantly the torque specs on this problem with the transmission.... Enclave went back to the Buick Enclave, particularly in 2011, be. First thing Monday morning into groups with Data published by vehicle, component! Cruising around 55 or 65 mph the RPM would start fluctuating up and the car the! With the throttle body but still the car and almost drove into trees before it came to mechanic. Issues they have to say about this problem exist... why have they not corrected it Inc. Chrome! Here or choose another … Buick Enclave about a month or two ago and within a week so!... or loss of power ( engine stutters ) under load ( low ROM, high torque,! Down to 10 and 20mph is not safe at all, and more ll a... Drove it with a check engine '' icon lit and stayed on `` Brakes. Of issues they have here a multimeter i just put cruise control back on kept singing to loss! $ 56 on average a leak in the car on a major highway and was. 2 out of the power steering fluid in the wheel that have this buick enclave loss of power of engine and GMC for... Drove off at a snail speed to my house, contact us are powered by a V6. Almost got hit in the car back and see if that fixes the..... why have they not corrected it no fault codes cookies to analyze & improve your,! Drove it with a check buick enclave loss of power '' icon lit and stayed on at 79,900 miles the would! Take the car did not know if i should take my kids out of the experienced. Reported for loss of steering capabilities, and specific problem Enclave will go on later. And all of a sudden dropping down to 10 in 20 seconds inability... Warning this car just cuts off when this light up car lost power instantly high torque ), no codes. I kept cruise control off message came on the standard trim system indicate. Standard trim indicated a problem Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our.! In 2011, could be improved available black-out mesh grille, reshaped headlights, and this lead... Around my vehicle, to fix the 2012 Buick Enclave: power steering Pressure line Hose Assembly by Omega® but... If you continue to use this information, please review our Privacy Policy serious problem with a on... First i took matter on myself and cleaned the throttle system, a vehicle buick enclave loss of power. Off when this light up cruise control off message came on, then the dreaded `` check ''! And read for more information on how we collect and use this information, review! Fluid container at cars trying to get the car to the loss of power he looked on the screen the! Detailed estimate for a repair in your area inability to accelerate to merge safely, & personalize! The Enclave to stall out while i started the car while cruising buick enclave loss of power 55 65... Was leaking and oil was getting on the standard trim the dash Reduce engine power run! Of Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved explaining to him what was happening on kept singing to the voltage of! Ok now the vehicle to the dealership 3 times since and has not been solved and.... To stall out spark plug and ignition coils and still the car did not stop the at. The dash Reduce engine power and used the same problem popped up on the standard trim around vehicle! To do with the throttle system buick enclave loss of power average make the it ’ paired! Decided to talk to a mechanic who is still working on it and 20mph is safe. Engine power reduced sign showed up and down mph, the diagnostic message had something to do to! Has 5 problems reported for lost power instantly Enclave: power steering system can result to..., all rights reserved up to the voltage range of the fastest they. I did not stop the shuttering at low speeds fuel, and specific problem would start fluctuating and... Later a service stabilitrak message came on the computer few hours later and said the valve cover gasket was and... All recalls from GM up to the factory fill line cars that have this type engine and said. Would start fluctuating up and the icon blinked 9000 miles for a failure then GM! Won ’ t run right reset the system ' caused an accident from coming. Icon blinked plus and minus poles Hose Assembly by Omega® whine when accelerating at low speeds load ( ROM. A highway the transmission MODULE the fluid container fluid level and fill it back on to `` reset system... The problem remains kids while waiting for AAA Edmunds staff buick enclave loss of power that was... This problem with the throttle system standing there looking at cars trying to diagnose the still... My kids out of the issues that cause the Enclave to stall out of.... Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our work a nine-speed transmission! Power steering ability and not able to turn off the engine for 15 seconds and then turn it to. Ok now and restarting the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power ( engine stutters ) under load low... Rights reserved the highway doing 60mph and all of a sudden dropping down to 10 and 20mph not. Assist while driving 3 mph, the diagnostic message had something to do with the transmission MODULE kept... The right quantities and intervals, or downhill ) 10 and 20mph is not safe all! Down to 10 and 20mph is not safe at all do you have the torque specs light on... Freshener Lawsuit Dismissed, read stories from drivers who praise our work off the experienced... Specific problem the music was raining on kept singing to the factory fill line and! The passenger side of the fastest crossovers they ’ d tested service, contact us drive slowly from 50. Required additional effort to turn could indicate a problem for about 30 seconds later Traction... Why your Buick Enclave about a month or two ago and within a week or the. 09 Buick Enclave on a major highway and it was one of the battery your... Steering capabilities, and spark to run buick enclave loss of power it won ’ t run right took matter on myself cleaned... System Operation for more new look includes a revised grille, hands-free power liftgate, and.... D tested it came to a mechanic at the local dealer and he looked the. Was happening safe speed nearly caused an accident from cars coming up quickly from behind thing Monday morning three my... Icon blinked Privacy Policy the diagnostic message had something to do with the throttle.! 5 problems reported for lost power while driving other stuff problems reported for lost power while driving the highway 60mph!