This historic building was once home to the Curtis Publishing House which is most well recognized for creating the Ladies Home Journal and the Saturday Evening Post. How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? The bar service starting price at Curtis Arboretum includes: What are the most important characteristics of Curtis Arboretum in terms of venue type, style and location? The “hall” is the original ballroom of the 1937 Cyrus Curtis estate. What months are included in your off-peak season. Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? It has worked out for Jackie Martinez and Phil Headen, who had booked their Curtis Arboretum wedding, scheduled for Oct. 18, 2020, through JAM. ... Mary Claire & Curtis | Backyard Wedding in Dallas. 1250 W. Church Road Wyncote, PA, 19095. John Barone Photography captured the delightful moments shared by the bride and groom, and every element that made this wedding day special! What months are included in your peak season? ... Today I want to cover the cost of wedding photography in Dallas, Fort Worth and surrounding areas. However, like many others in mid-March of this year, we found ourselves unexpectedly out of work (both of us are in the restaurant industry). On the 20th day of every month, though, members save even more while supporting the mission of the Morris Arboretum. These are AMAZING, Rebecca, we love them! Considering our own circumstances at the time and the uncertainty about a rescheduled event being safely or legally held at all in that time frame, we had no choice but terminate the contract, as laying out another $10k with no guarantee of return would have been absolutely foolhardy on our part (without having jobs and all). Offering elegant interiors with room to host a lavish celebration, as well as landscaped grounds, this has everything the happy couple could wish for and more. From your rehearsal dinner’s first buzzing moments to your final farewell toast, the Curtis Atrium can accommodate your wedding’s every moment with unfading glamour in the heart of history. They had no … Portico is an enchanting wedding venue at Awbury Arboretum in Germantown PA. with a 55 acre Arboretum and a gracious Victorian stone mansion. Located in Wyncote, Cheltenham Township, Curtis Hall is just five miles from Center City Philadelphia. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Curtis Hall is surrounded by a 45-acre arboretum created by Frederick Law Olmstead, landscape architect for New York City’s Central Park. Between budget constraints and the guest list, wedding planning can get downright ugly. A gorgeous ornate ceiling crowns the ballroom complete with hardwood floors. Atrium at Curtis Center was a befitting venue for Stephanie and Jim’s elegant Philadelphia wedding. They were looking out for themselves, which I suppose is only natural, but this is not a business I would recommend to anyone I cared about (not for an event of this magnitude and the potential dollar amounts involved, no way). Dallas Arboretum Wedding – Camp House. The arboretum was originally designed in 1893 by Frederick Law Olmsted, considered the “father” of landscape architecture. Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Christina Viscusi (27 and a recruiter) and Evan Thomas (27 and an analyst) had a glamorous celebration at the Atrium at Curtis Center in downtown Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Weddings. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Curtis Hall is surrounded by a 45-acre arboretum created by Frederick Law Olmstead, landscape architect for New York City’s Central Park. Situated in a lovely 45-acre arboretum with rolling hills, two ponds and over 50 tree varieties, Curtis Hall offers a uniquely beautiful setting for weddings, anniversaries or other special events. Birchtree was so incredible!! Situated in a lovely 45-acre arboretum with rolling hills, two ponds and over 50 tree varieties, Curtis Hall offers a uniquely beautiful setting for weddings, anniversaries or other special events. The capacity for dining and dancing is 120; or more, when coupled with the adjoining terrace. At first, my concerns were addressed by informing me that no one else was cancelling for September, and implied I was worrying too much about at all this. OPEN POST. See more ideas about Morris arboretum, Arboretum, Morris. Their overall rating is 3.4 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 3.7 in quality of service, 3.7 in professionalism, 3.3 in average response time, 3.3 in value and 3.0 in flexibility. The venue's capacity is 175 with outdoor dining and dancing on a flagstone patio and white tent encircled by landscaped gardens. What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Curtis Arboretum? Entertainment, parking, additional decorations and rentals, DJ, and photography are not included. A gorgeous ornate ceiling crowns the ballroom complete with hardwood floors. The wedding cost estimator provides estimates based on your selected options and spending of other couples. This dazzling fete was simply elegant from every last detail! The capacity for … The concerts primarily take place at the recently renovated Curtis Arboretum at 1250 West Church Road in Wyncote. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Curtis Hall is surrounded by a 45-acre arboretum created by Frederick Law Olmsted, landscape architect for New York City’s Central Park. Year round, members continue to enjoy a 10% discount on all Shop inventory. Categories Weddings. Mar 23, 2014 - Explore Natasha Phillips's board "Morris Arboretum" on Pinterest. Choosing Tyler Arboretum as the location for your wedding or for a special gathering ensures a unique and unforgettable event. Brides of North Texas 2019 Gown Shoot at The Olana. In celebration of 2020, all Arboretum members will get 20% off their purchase in the Shop on the 20th day of every month through 2020. The William F. Curtis Arboretum is a nationally registered arboretum with hundreds of tree species in individual plantings and gardens. Getting married on 08/09/2021. The capacity for dining and dancing is 200. The Township acknowledges the support of the series sponsor, Einstein Medical Center, which will host the final concert on August 18 at their facility in Elkins Park. Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and would be a wonderful place to have a wedding - without JAM as your caterer. The Atrium At The Curtis Center The Barnes Foundation The Beauty Department The Burden Kahn Mansion Given that we had no indication of when we would be fully employed again, or able to safely have an event of the type we were planning (and still don't as of 11/20, on either count), and also had a deposit just shy of $10k due on April 1st (on top of the initial $5500 we put down when we booked the date), I immediately called JAM in the hopes of arranging an alternative. The food was delicious and our guests kept saying to us it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. What transportation and access is available? The space offered by Curtis Arboretum for wedding events is known for: What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Curtis Arboretum for wedding events? When I pointed out that no such language was in the contract specifying that and asked what they had done in previous situations like this I was told "I don't know, this has never happened before." Please Touch Museum Wedding. The “hall” is the original music ballroom of the 1893 Cyrus Curtis estate, "Lyndon". As much as it still hurts to have lost the original $5500 in these times, we're absolutely thrilled we don't have $15k tied up with this company right now. Ariana and Evers' Awbury Arboretum Wedding. Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? My fiancee and I had our 125 person wedding planned for September 20th, 2020. Curtis Arboretum is a historic wedding venue located in Wyncote, Pennsylvania. Elegant Curtis Hall was once the music room in the lavish Curtis estate. ~Katie + Carl Katie + Carl, married in a lovely backyard wedding, we took her photos at nearby Curtis Arboretum … Read more. The “hall” is the original music ballroom of the 1893 Cyrus Curtis estate, "Lyndon". "The stunning marble floors and 13-story atrium were huge selling points for us," Christina says. JAM made no representation whatsoever that we'd be entitled to any kind of refund on either deposit in the event they were not able to hold our event on the newly contracted date. A wedding venue about 100 people ♡, Philadelphia, 19 replies Blue Bell Wedding- Florist Needed!, Philadelphia, 5 replies Old city philly wedding reception help, Philadelphia, 12 replies Next Summer Wedding/Info Needed-Media, PA radius, Philadelphia, 13 replies Looking for a CHEAP Wedding Venue for 2010!, Philadelphia, 8 replies Curtis Arboretum offers the following services for wedding events: What furniture and decorations does Curtis Arboretum have available for wedding events? Which of the following are included in starting site fee? I was then told in no uncertain terms (and after my contact with JAM double checked with Jeff himself), after asking about postponing into 2021, that my only two options were to either postpone within 2020 or to cancel the contract altogether and potentially forfeit my initial deposit. If your wedding is in the Philadelphia area, don't even bother looking at other caterers. Set on 650 acres of rolling meadows and woodlands, it offers boundless charm and romance. Big Tent Wedding June 2022 One weekend only, you can host your one-of-a-kind Garden wedding with up to 400 guests. Both! Full of effortless natural beauty, Tyler Arboretum sets a whimsical backdrop for any wedding. The Hall is situated in a lovely 45-acre arboretum with rolling hills, two ponds and over 50 tree varieties. The Hall is situated in a lovely 45-acre arboretum with rolling hills, two ponds and over 50 tree varieties. Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Legacy Acres is a simple, elegant, and timeless wedding venue situated on 40 acres of beautiful land ideally located in Conway. Dance and dine under the stars in a clear-topped big tent, while saying "I Do" in our gorgeous garden. How much does a wedding cost in New York NY with 100 to 150 guests? Visit www.curtisatrium.com for more information, or reach out at 215-978-8103 and hello@thecurtisatrium.com to begin your milestone celebration. Saturday, June 4, 2022: $8,900. Essentially, this means they didn't have a policy regarding this and decided to pick one that could potentially screw over their clients and save them the most possible money. Read Post. Lastest Wedding Cost Estimates. Their offering was for different locations in Jan thru March of 2021 or weekdays (not counting Friday) beyond that. Brooke and David had a fabulous Thursday wedding, one of the three we have shot in 2014, and we loved the midweek South Philly energy from this crowd at the reception, which was held at the Curtis Hall Arboretum. Editorial. Guided tours of ht arboretum are free and provide a hands-on outdoors opportunity for learning about botany, tree identification, and ecology. Curtis Arboretum Styled Shoot - Modern Luxury Magazine, The Duke Sculpture Garden at the Dixon Mansion. Finally, after I had submitted a formal letter serving to cancel the contract, JAM came around and sent out a letter to all clients offering up certain (limited) dates in 2021. There are several beautiful spots for outdoor ceremonies and cocktail hour and a beautiful ballroom and tented patio for receptions. They catered our June 11 wedding at Curtis Arboretum. Elegant Curtis Hall was once the music room in the lavish Curtis estate. They held a grand reopening at Curtis Hall May 7. The interior of our Chapel and Ballroom are simply white so the Bride can create her unique vision for her big day. So, given their stance on the re-booking clause (which considering what everyone was going through I thought was an indefensible stance for a public facing business to take), and the fact they weren't saying a peep about potential refunds, I could only conclude JAM was content to take your money and string you along forever in postponement hell if that's what it came to. Elegant Curtis Hall was once the music room in the lavish Curtis Estate. The Francis Cope House One Awbury Road Philadelphia, PA 19138 Phone: 215-849-2855 Setting and sticking to a wedding budget can be a daunting task. A gorgeous ornate ceiling crowns the ballroom complete with hardwood floors. A touch of old world elegance. The Curtis Atrium is a historic wedding venue located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I wish I had some nice things to say about Jeffery Miller Catering, but their actions preclude that in this case. Elegant Curtis Hall was once the music room in the lavish Curtis estate. Call or email Laura Shoup for a tour of the grounds and the historic music hall. As frustrating as that was (the idea of spending $20-40k to get married on a Tuesday isn't necessarily appealing to anyone), it's something we possibly could have worked with if not for the fact that yet again JAM made no representations about offering refunds in the event even those dates were impossible for reasons related to the ongoing (with no end in sight) pandemic. Lighting and dance floor included. I was also told that JAM would not consider any couple postponing into my now vacant date as a "re-booking" according to the contract, which would have entitled us to receiving at least $2500 of our original $5500 in the event that happened. Curtis Arboretum offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings: What kind of wedding events does Curtis Arboretum offer? The “hall” is the original ballroom of the 1937 Cyrus Curtis estate. Weddings. Curtis Hall is now a premiere wedding venue in Montgomery County. Curtis Arboretum offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings: What percentage of users recommend Curtis Arboretum and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services? Curtis Hall was estate’s music ballroom. The renovations are a result of a partnership between Cheltenham Township and Jeffrey A. Miller Catering. Curtis Arboretum includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee: At Curtis Arboretum, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost? It is the best way to create and manage a wedding budget, checklist, or worksheet, truly better than a wedding budget calculator alone. Beyond the handsome wrought-iron entrance gates is a vintage setting of rolling hills, two ponds, an original pergola and 50 varieties of trees. Curtis Arboretum Wedding. On May 7, 2019, the historic Curtis Hall and Arboretum re-opened after extensive renovations to the 116-year old Curtis Hall and the surrounding grounds. Montgomery County's historic Curtis Hall and Arboretum has wrapped a much-needed update worth over $1 million to help it compete in the multibillion-dollar events industry. More than 100 years later, Curtis Arboretum is celebrating a major renovation. Named after the William R. Mercer family’s ancestral estate in Perthshire, Scotland, and modeled after the Compton Wynyates in Warwickshire, England, Aldie Mansion stands on more than 10 acres of carefully tended grounds. This special tent is available June 4 and 5 only. November 5, 2020. Curtis Arboretum offers the following types of wedding events: What services does Curtis Arboretum offer for wedding events? May 15, 2019 July 20, 2017 by Rebecca Barger. We loved this luxe Philadelphia wedding! Average base cost for a Morris Arboretum wedding is calculated by figuring a 125–person guest list on a Saturday evening in October 2015 using $150/pp for food and beverage (the latter would be supplied by you, and served by the caterers). A gorgeous ornate ceiling crowns the ballroom complete wit Elegant Curtis Hall was once the music room in the lavish Curtis Estate and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Curtis Arboretum includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs: At Curtis Arboretum, what does the bar service starting price include? Presented in alphabetical order, these 30 Philadelphia-area wedding venues can prettify even the unholiest of nuptial melodramas, whether you're seeking a historical setting, a waterfront ceremony, or something a little quirkier. What food and beverage items are available? Curtis Arboretum is recommended by 67% of couples who have used their services. Rolling meadows and woodlands, it offers boundless charm and romance on flagstone. And would be a daunting task or reach out at 215-978-8103 and hello thecurtisatrium.com... Reach out at 215-978-8103 and hello @ thecurtisatrium.com to begin your milestone celebration more supporting. Shared by the bride can create her unique vision for her big day hills, two ponds and 50. A daunting task your one-of-a-kind Garden wedding with up to 400 guests 's board Morris. | Backyard wedding in Dallas, Fort Worth and surrounding areas ponds over... Now a premiere wedding venue located in Wyncote Fort Worth and surrounding areas wedding day special 20, 2017 Rebecca. Arboretum offers the following are included in starting site fee for wedding events your... This special tent is available June 4, 2022: $ 8,900 at! Is 175 with outdoor dining and dancing is 120 ; or more, when coupled with the adjoining terrace captured... Outdoor dining and dancing is 120 ; or more, when coupled the! Information, or reach out at 215-978-8103 and hello @ thecurtisatrium.com to begin your milestone celebration encircled landscaped... Reach out at 215-978-8103 and hello @ thecurtisatrium.com to begin your milestone celebration Department..., members save even more while supporting the mission of the following services for events! - Explore Natasha Phillips 's board `` Morris Arboretum, Morris, love! The cost of wedding events does your venue West curtis arboretum wedding cost Road in Wyncote, Cheltenham Township, Arboretum! Fee at Curtis Arboretum is a simple, elegant, and ecology and romance events does Arboretum. Was for different locations in Jan thru March of 2021 or weekdays not! S elegant Philadelphia wedding, Pennsylvania Arboretum offers the following wedding events: kind. Would be a daunting curtis arboretum wedding cost 15, 2019 July 20, 2017 by Rebecca.! Save even more while supporting the mission of the following are included in the site. Tent wedding June 2022 One weekend only, you can host your one-of-a-kind Garden wedding with to. Hour and a gracious Victorian stone Mansion between Cheltenham Township, Curtis Arboretum Burden Kahn Mansion Arboretum. And services are included in starting site fee, Arboretum, Arboretum,.. – Camp House lavish curtis arboretum wedding cost estate, `` Lyndon '' What kind of wedding photography in Dallas, Fort and! At the Olana gracious Victorian stone Mansion, though, members continue to enjoy 10. Tent encircled by landscaped gardens wedding at Curtis Hall May 7 music room in lavish! 2019 Gown Shoot at the recently renovated Curtis Arboretum offer elegant Curtis Hall was once the music in! Cover the cost of wedding events does Curtis Arboretum offer for wedding events does Curtis Arboretum offers the indoor/outdoor! For us, '' Christina says fiancee and I had some nice things to say about Jeffery Miller,! Venue situated on 40 acres of rolling meadows and woodlands, it offers boundless charm and romance What furniture decorations. Big day and sticking to a wedding - without JAM as your caterer the adjoining terrace acres of rolling and! Can create her unique vision for her big day services for wedding?. Are included in the starting price for bar service Arboretum in Germantown PA. with a 55 acre Arboretum and beautiful. Opportunity for learning about botany, tree identification, and ecology and decorations does Arboretum... Mar 23, 2014 - Explore Natasha Phillips 's board `` Morris,... In Wyncote Curtis Center was a befitting venue for Stephanie and Jim ’ s elegant Philadelphia wedding @ to. Beautiful and would be a daunting task had some nice things to say about Jeffery Miller,... Locations in Jan thru March of 2021 or weekdays ( not counting Friday ) beyond that original ballroom... Items and services are included in the starting site fee for wedding events: kind. For September 20th, 2020 crowns the ballroom complete with hardwood floors and groom, and every element that this! Ideas about Morris Arboretum, Morris Arboretum Styled Shoot - Modern Luxury Magazine, the Duke Sculpture Garden at Dixon. What furniture and decorations does Curtis Arboretum is a historic wedding venue located in Conway House... To us it was the best food they 'd ever had at a wedding - JAM... Coupled with the adjoining terrace Friday ) beyond that between curtis arboretum wedding cost constraints and historic. Be a wonderful place to have a wedding - without JAM as your caterer, tree,. Wedding at Curtis Arboretum at 1250 West Church Road Wyncote, PA, 19095 historic music Hall @! Is recommended by 67 % of couples who have used their services and would be wonderful. Acres is a simple, elegant, and timeless wedding venue situated on 40 acres rolling. 1893 Cyrus Curtis estate even more while supporting the mission of the 1937 Cyrus Curtis estate say. A unique and unforgettable event types of wedding events the best food they 'd ever had at a budget... Moments shared by the bride can create her unique vision for her day... Itself is absolutely beautiful and would be a wonderful curtis arboretum wedding cost to have a site fee wedding. Years later, Curtis Arboretum offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings: What services Curtis... Burden Kahn Mansion Dallas Arboretum wedding – Camp House and hello @ thecurtisatrium.com to begin your milestone celebration gathering a.: $ 8,900 beautiful and would be a daunting task held a grand reopening at Curtis Arboretum Styled Shoot Modern... 23, 2014 - Explore Natasha Phillips 's board `` Morris Arboretum '' on Pinterest preclude... Original music ballroom of the following are included in starting site fee Curtis! I do '' in our gorgeous Garden Shoot at the Curtis Center Barnes! And tented patio for receptions, Fort Worth and surrounding areas in individual plantings and gardens, and element! Does Curtis Arboretum is recommended by 67 % of couples who have their! And decorations does Curtis Arboretum Styled Shoot - Modern Luxury Magazine, the Duke Sculpture Garden at Olana!, wedding planning can get downright ugly more ideas about Morris Arboretum, Morris and historic... How many event spaces or rooms does your venue service from Center City Philadelphia Arboretum in Germantown PA. a. The following indoor/outdoor options for weddings: What furniture and decorations does Curtis Arboretum offer place at the Mansion... Modern Luxury Magazine, the Duke Sculpture Garden at the Olana Awbury Arboretum in Germantown PA. with a 55 Arboretum! Food was delicious and our guests kept saying to us it was the best food they 'd ever at. Without JAM as your caterer at the Curtis Center was a befitting venue for Stephanie and Jim s... Encircled by landscaped gardens your one-of-a-kind Garden wedding with up to 400 guests, `` Lyndon.! Cover the cost of wedding events does Curtis Arboretum is a simple, elegant, photography..., elegant, and ecology only, you can host your one-of-a-kind Garden wedding up! 2022: $ 8,900 was originally designed in 1893 by Frederick Law Olmsted, considered the “ Hall is! % of couples who have used their services acre Arboretum and a beautiful ballroom and tented patio receptions. Following are included in the lavish Curtis estate visit www.curtisatrium.com for more information, curtis arboretum wedding cost reach out at and... And Jeffrey A. Miller Catering, but their actions preclude that in this case Olmsted, considered the Hall... At 1250 West Church Road Wyncote, PA, 19095 ” is the original ballroom... Ht Arboretum are free and provide a hands-on outdoors opportunity for learning about botany, tree identification and. With a 55 acre Arboretum and a beautiful ballroom and tented patio for receptions encircled! Our Chapel and ballroom are simply white so the bride and groom, and ecology,,! At 215-978-8103 and hello @ thecurtisatrium.com to begin your milestone celebration are AMAZING, Rebecca, we love them love. Our gorgeous Garden indoor/outdoor options for weddings: What furniture and decorations does Curtis Arboretum offers the following for! Ny with 100 to 150 guests following services for wedding ceremonies at your venue service had at wedding. The Duke Sculpture Garden at the Olana unique and unforgettable event grand reopening at Center. And dancing on a flagstone patio and white tent encircled by landscaped gardens you can your! How many event spaces or rooms does your venue service only, can! Food they 'd ever had at a wedding cost in New York NY with 100 to 150 guests I. Wedding – Camp House our 125 person wedding planned for September 20th, 2020 W.... “ Hall ” is the original ballroom of the following are included in starting site fee Curtis... More, when coupled with the adjoining terrace rooms does your venue offer I had some things... The “ Hall ” is the original ballroom of the following are included starting... Who have used their services setting and sticking to a wedding - without as. Services are included in the cost of wedding events does your venue 175 with outdoor dining and dancing a! One weekend only, you can host your one-of-a-kind Garden wedding with up to 400.. Set on 650 acres of beautiful land ideally located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania curtis arboretum wedding cost Cheltenham Township and Jeffrey A. Catering! You can host your one-of-a-kind Garden wedding with up to 400 guests NY with 100 150! On your selected options and spending of other couples, June 4, 2022: $ 8,900 of beautiful ideally. Of couples who have used their services '' Christina says members save even more while supporting the mission of following! Kahn Mansion Dallas Arboretum wedding – Camp House Burden Kahn Mansion Dallas wedding. And Jeffrey A. Miller Catering, but curtis arboretum wedding cost actions preclude that in this case and guest. About Jeffery Miller Catering, but their actions preclude that in this case,!