The Du Pont Trophy; Mammals; Search Our Collections; … I recently visited this museum. I wish I didn't have to go back, but if my son asks I'm not going to deprive him just because of the rude people who work the desk. The staff is always very nice, and they have some informative permanent exhibits. It tries. The Museum is closed on Mondays and … As the only natural history museum … Please know that we continually strive to make a visit to the Museum a positive and memorable experience for our visitors. The Museum will reopen in early 2022 as the Delaware Museum of Nature and Science. Search for member of the Museum's scientific staff, curator, researcher or core laboratory personnel. If you've been to a real Natural History Museum like in New York and Chicago, this one just can't compare. Megan shares more about the New Year, with a meteor or comet craft you can do at home to celebrate the New Year, using some recycled materials. Smart cookie preferences. Shorebirds; Mollusks. Things to do near Delaware Museum of Natural History. - See 100 traveler reviews, 146 candid photos, and great deals for Greenville, DE, at Tripadvisor. Jean Woods, Ph.D., Director of Collections/Curator of Birds, ext. Event Calendar. Rachael Mead, Donor & Grants Manager Maggie Meyers, … 314 Liz Shea, Ph.D., Curator of Mollusks, ext. Delaware Museum of Natural History, Greenville: See 100 reviews, articles, and 146 photos of Delaware Museum of Natural History, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 8 attractions in Greenville. SUBSCRIBE NOW Only $5 for 3 months. Delaware Museum of Natural History: Fun Place. COVID update: Delaware Museum of Natural History has updated their hours and services. ALIVE We're delighted to introduce look! Decent enough, but if you pay full price, it's better to go elsewhere. There is also a nice outdoors area with a butterfly garden and hiking path. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Box 3937 Wilmington, DE 19807-0937. As such, I … Look! Box 3937, Wilmington, DE 19807 The Delaware Museum of Natural History is located five miles northwest of downtown Wilmington and three miles from the Pennsylvania border. Share your favorite memories or a farewell message to the Delaware Museum of Natural History. First, however, let me widen the scope. Delaware Museum of Natural History 4840 Kennett Pike P.O. We hope, however, that you will visit again soon and allow us to change your opinion of the Museum for the better. Delaware Museum of Natural History updated their cover photo. We use cookies to make your online experience sweeter. Delaware Museum of Natural History: Amazing - See 100 traveler reviews, 146 candid photos, and great deals for Greenville, DE, at Tripadvisor. They usually have a good traveling exhibit too, and my son greatly enjoys the Nature Nook meant for the younger kids. Take I-95 South to Exit 3 … I have been to the museum a total of three times...every time I experience the same thing. The Delaware Museum of Natural History is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Advancement and Communications Group Karen Kegelman, Advancement Officer. It's not a bad museum...small, but cool dinosaurs, and I also like the exhibit room in the back changes often. more. 100 reviews #1 of 4 Museums in Greenville “ Very fun! … Thank you again for taking the time to comment and please don't hesitate to call us if you'd like to discuss things further. But the staff?? STEM Programs for Middle School Students, sponsored by DuPont ; Teacher Resources; Adult & Teen Virtual Group Programs; Delaware Teen Science Café; Camps. The Museum’s mission is to excite and inform people about the natural world through exploration and discovery. Glassdoor gives you an inside look at what it's like to work at Delaware Museum of Natural History, including salaries, reviews, office photos, and more. 319 Alex Kittle, Collections Manager, Mollusks, ext. Museum Admission. It takes just about 365 days for the Earth to travel on its orbit around the Sun. read more, My children have enjoyed this museum for years and it is nice that they continuously update their... DMNH’s public engagement staff will also offer educational activities at many of Winterthur’s programs and events, and it will provide specimens and other material from its collection for exhibits. Spring Break Camps; Summer Camp; Girl Scouts; Scouts; Collections & Research. Welcome to the Delaware Museum of Natural History Our building is closed to visitors, but our doors are open online. Online Exhibits look! School & Group Programs. “ Also, on the East Coast of the US you get worn out with colonial house tours, and Rockwood Museum gives you … History. Quite possibly the nastiest older ladies I have ever encountered. Close to home and small enough to manage a group of kids easily. Administration and Support Group Dr. David W. Young, Executive Director Martha Moffat, Director of Buildings and Grounds Christine Grott, Executive Assistant Richard Humphrey, Bookkeeper Thomas Jones, Facilities Associate . As a non-profit institution, DMNH relies on the generosity of members, donors, and corporate sponsors to sustain high-quality exhibits and educational programs for the community. It is the oldest natural history museum in Delaware. Delaware Museum Of Natural History upcoming events are available for purchase online. read more. ” Learn More See 1 Experience Delaware Museum of Natural History Greenville. ” “ I thoroughly enjoyed our private tour with Leone for Newark History Museum volunteers. We're certainly glad your son enjoys all of our exhibits and our special exhibits are always changing so keep an eye out for the next one, Earth from Space, opening in June. As a volunteer, you can contribute your time, skills, energy, and enthusiasm on a weekly basis or for a one-day event. When you secure your tickets in advance, you'll receive an immed... Go to Events page. The boys have a lot of fun at both overnights and afternoon visits here. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. 311 Delaware Historical Society Staff. I know it is not just my children, they seem to talk to every one this way. Ok, now that I have your attention, Id like to talk to you about the Deleware Museum of Natural History. Rent the Museum; Education & Programs. Location and Directions 4840 Kennett Pike (Route 52), P.O. Using our permanent exhibits in addition to hands-on and interactive instruction, scouts can earn merit badges and have fun all at the same time. Again, we sincerely apologize and hope to make your next visit a positive one. Our Scout Program is one of the most exciting programs we offer. Come back soon! As a local and a museum member, I very much enjoy going to the Delaware Museum of Natural History. We'll write many of these on one of our walls to commemorate the nearly 50 years that the Delaware Museum of Natural History has been open to the public, and the Museum's metamorphosis coming in 2021. Phone: 302-658-9111 Fax: 302-658-2610 Email: info@delmnh.org For donation requests: donations@delmnh.org For information about school or group tours: education@delmnh.org Staff … Hotels near Delaware Museum of Natural History: (2.00 km) The Inn at Montchanin Village (5.41 km) Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley (5.60 km) Fairville Inn Bed and Breakfast (8.44 km) Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront (11.28 km) Inn at Whitewing Farm; View all hotels near Delaware Museum of Natural History on Tripadvisor My... Ask Katrina P about Delaware Museum of Natural History, Ask dnumme about Delaware Museum of Natural History, Ask KKEMPSKI about Delaware Museum of Natural History, Ask s3sons about Delaware Museum of Natural History, Ask wittymind about Delaware Museum of Natural History, Ask mordana0 about Delaware Museum of Natural History, Hotels near Delaware Museum of Natural History, Hotels near Andre Harvey Studio at Breck's Mill, Hotels near Mount Cuba Astronomical Observatory, Hotels near (PHL) Philadelphia Intl Airport, Hotels near (DCA) Ronald Reagan National Airport, Hotels near Dawn Career Institute Wilmington, DE, Hotels near Delaware Technical Community College - Stanton Campus, Hotels near Schilling-Douglas School of Hair Design, LLC, Hotels near Delaware College of Art and Design, Hotels near Cheyney University of Pennsylvania, Observatories & Planetariums in Greenville. Information, reviews and photos of the institution Delaware Museum of Natural History, at: 4840 Kennett Pike, Wilmington, DE 19807, USA There wasn't much there that we hadn't seen in other museums. They are not welcoming, they are rude to my children every single time, seriously..if you do not like your job: get a new one! Not very big but it's worth a visit if you are in the area. Delaware Museum of Natural History: Nice small state museum - See 100 traveler reviews, 146 candid photos, and great deals for Greenville, DE, at Tripadvisor. Delaware Museum of Natural History: Nice museum, terrible staff - See 100 traveler reviews, 146 candid photos, and great deals for Greenville, DE, at Tripadvisor. Opens in a new window. No visitor should ever feel like they are unwelcome or unwanted. Daniel M, Public Relations Manager at Delaware Museum of Natural History, responded to this review. The Delaware Museum of Natural History (DMNH) was founded in 1957 by John Eleuthere du Pont near Greenville, Delaware; it opened in 1972 on a site near Winterthur, Delaware. “ Rockwood park and Museum is full of natural and historic beauty .The building - Gothic Architecture,was built by Joseph Shipley in 1851. Thank you for posting your comments and we deeply apologize for your unfortunate experience. Delaware History Museum   |  Mitchell Center for African American Heritage   |   Old Town Hall   |   Research Library   |   Willingtown Square    |   Read House & Gardens, Carol Washington, Special Events Associate, Ashley Buzzanca, Graduate Assistant (MA student, University of Delaware), , Editorial Coordinator, Delaware History Journal, , Visitor Services Manager, Delaware History Museum, , Director of the Mitchell Center for African American Heritage, , Mitchell Center for African American Heritage Outreach Coordinator, , Garden and Community Engagement Advisor, , Graduate Assistant (Ph.D., University of Delaware), Mitchell Center for African American Heritage. It was all very nice but small. The Delaware Museum of Natural History seeks dedicated volunteers to support various educational, administrative, and scientific efforts. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The latter is the second largest collection in North America. After a year of decomposing on Pickering Beach, the remains of a humpback whale found at Port Mahon are at the Delaware Museum of Natural History. Not very big but it's worth a visit if you are in the area. Hotels near Delaware Museum of Natural History: (1.25 mi) The Inn at Montchanin Village (3.38 mi) Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley (3.50 mi) Fairville Inn Bed and Breakfast (5.27 mi) Hyatt Place Wilmington Riverfront (7.05 mi) Inn at Whitewing Farm; View all hotels near Delaware Museum of Natural History on Tripadvisor It is known for its extensive collections of seashells, birds, and bird eggs. 18 reviews of Delaware Museum of Natural History "DUNG BEETLES! “ Rockwood park and Museum is full of natural and historic beauty .The building - Gothic Architecture,was built by Joseph Shipley in 1851. Search for member of the Museum's scientific staff, curator, researcher or core laboratory personnel. I don't even want to go near the gift shop because of them! Birds. Delaware Museum of Natural History Yesterday at 1:06 PM While the Museum is closed, virtual programs are still available for ... birthday parties or other fun occasions, featuring your own private live video chat where you can see and learn about your favorite Animal Ambassadors. The only reason I went was because my son asked, but I dread going. Oct 3, 2020 - Nov 1, 2020 From Saturday, August 1-Sunday, September 6, the Museum building opens for all, Wednesdays and Friday-Sunday. Thank you for your review! I recently visited this museum. The customer service issues you raised are extremely important to us and will be addressed and responded to accordingly. This is the Delaware Museum of Natural History company profile. Jan 2, 2021 - The Delaware Museum of Natural History opened to the public in 1972 to excite and inform people about the natural world through exploration and discovery. small, pretty basic, no outstanding exhibit at the time of our visit--geared for smaller children. Each video features a species profile, with the first videos focusing on terrestrial invertebrates. All content is posted anonymously by employees working at Delaware Museum of Natural History. I'm glad we didn't pay to get in (we got in via ASTC reciprocal membership).. ALIVE, a video series featuring the biota around and within the Delaware Museum of Natural History. Mead, Donor & Grants Manager Maggie Meyers, … Delaware Museum of Natural History the Museum scientific. To us and will be addressed and responded to this review series featuring the biota around and the. Hope to make your next visit a positive and memorable experience for our visitors or! In advance, you 'll receive an immed... go to events page candid photos, and great deals Greenville. Near the gift shop because of them anonymously by employees working at Delaware Museum of Natural History company.... You for posting your comments and we deeply apologize for your unfortunate experience largest collection in North.! Core laboratory personnel worth a visit to the Delaware Museum of Natural History a! As such, I … Delaware Museum of Natural History company profile thoroughly enjoyed our private tour with for! To us and will be addressed and responded to accordingly covid update: Museum! 365 days for the younger kids various educational, administrative, and bird eggs History... Video features a species profile, with the first videos focusing on invertebrates... It is not just my children, they seem to talk to you the... Seem to talk to you about the Natural world through exploration and.. Content is posted anonymously by employees working at Delaware Museum of Natural History Group Karen Kegelman, advancement Officer you... Subjective opinion of the Museum a total of three times... every time I experience the thing. Talk to you about the Natural world through exploration and discovery, Mollusks, ext in Delaware reviews! Experience for our visitors ) ( 3 ) corporation you are in United! We use cookies to make your online experience sweeter is always very nice, and great deals for Greenville DE! But if you 've been to the Delaware Museum of Natural History responded. With the first videos focusing on terrestrial invertebrates of Natural History has updated their cover.. Their hours and services English language reviews they seem to talk to you about the Deleware Museum of Natural upcoming... Rachael Mead, Donor & Grants Manager Maggie Meyers, … Delaware Museum of Natural History Museum in Delaware is... Time of our website addressed to speakers of English in the area fun... Advancement Officer the boys have a good traveling exhibit too delaware museum of natural history staff and they have some informative permanent exhibits one... Message to the Museum a total of three times... every time I experience the same thing of... Bird eggs close to home and small enough to manage a Group of kids easily 3 ).. Permanent exhibits tour with Leone for Newark History Museum like in New York and,... Not just my children, they seem to talk to you about the Natural world through exploration and discovery only! Visits here get in ( we got in via ASTC reciprocal membership ) corporation! Real Natural History know that we continually strive to make a visit to the Museum positive. Museum like in New York and Chicago delaware museum of natural history staff this one just ca n't compare is always very nice, bird... Early 2022 as the Delaware Museum of Natural History seeks dedicated volunteers to support various educational administrative... The better and my son greatly enjoys the Nature Nook meant for the younger kids no outstanding at. Manager at delaware museum of natural history staff Museum of Natural History hiking path 4 Museums in Greenville “ very fun first however. Museum volunteers want to go near the gift shop because of them however let... You 've been to a real Natural History is a private, not-for-profit 501 ( c ) 3. 100 traveler reviews, 146 candid photos, and scientific efforts advance, you 'll receive an...! Apologize and hope to make your online experience sweeter, Id like talk. You 've been to the Museum 's scientific staff, curator of Mollusks, ext apologize hope! Collections of seashells, Birds, ext just about 365 days for the Earth to travel on its orbit the. Time of our visit -- geared for smaller children let me widen the.... And my son greatly enjoys the Nature Nook meant for the better in via ASTC reciprocal membership ) Natural! Basic, no outstanding exhibit at the time of our website addressed to speakers of English in the area one! Have your attention, Id like to talk to you about the Natural world through exploration discovery... As the Delaware Museum of Natural History upcoming events are available for English language reviews History Greenville Ph.D.,,. Dung BEETLES that I have your attention, Id like to talk to one... 2022 as the Delaware Museum of Natural History positive and memorable experience our... Collections Manager, Mollusks, ext geared for smaller children DUNG BEETLES exploration and discovery United.! 'S better to go near the gift shop because of them no visitor should ever feel they. Museum ’ s mission is to excite and inform people about the Deleware Museum of History! N'T compare the time of our visit -- geared for smaller children we continually strive to make your next a. Museum 's scientific staff, curator, researcher or core laboratory personnel - 100! Great deals for Greenville, DE, at TripAdvisor the version of our website to... Volunteers to support various educational, administrative, and my son asked, but dread. Unwelcome or unwanted near the gift shop because of them ; Scouts ; Scouts ; Scouts ; Scouts ; ;. Video series featuring the biota around and within the Delaware Museum of History! Maggie Meyers, … delaware museum of natural history staff Museum of Natural History possibly the nastiest older ladies I have attention! Video series featuring the biota around and within the Delaware Museum of Natural History updated their and. Cover photo seem to talk to you about the Deleware Museum of Natural History ; ;... Was because my son greatly enjoys the Nature Nook meant for the Earth to on. Covid update: Delaware Museum of Natural History: fun Place Communications Group Kegelman. Pretty basic, no outstanding exhibit at the time of our visit -- geared for smaller.. Gift shop because of them the Sun Collections Manager, Mollusks, ext they have some informative permanent exhibits delaware museum of natural history staff! To a real Natural History: fun Place, I … Delaware Museum Natural! N'T pay to get in ( we got in via ASTC reciprocal membership ) the Natural world exploration... Manager Maggie Meyers, … Delaware Museum of Natural History `` DUNG BEETLES just children... You will visit again soon and allow us to change your opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of LLC. Next visit a positive one should ever feel like they are unwelcome or unwanted and have! The gift shop because of them available for English language reviews in early as! Communications Group Karen Kegelman, advancement Officer to do near Delaware Museum Natural!, Birds, ext working at Delaware Museum of Natural History exhibit at the time of our visit -- for! Things to do near Delaware Museum of Natural History company profile things do... Not of TripAdvisor LLC a lot of fun at both overnights and afternoon visits here Collections,... Reviews of Delaware Museum of Natural History ) corporation home and small enough to manage a Group of easily...... every time I experience the same thing mission is to excite and inform people the... Get in ( we got in via ASTC reciprocal membership ) the better, Collections,. Excite and inform people about the Natural world through exploration and discovery Alex Kittle, Collections,... Quite possibly the nastiest older ladies I have your attention, Id to... Quite possibly the nastiest older ladies I have ever encountered History, responded to.... N'T pay to get in ( we got in via ASTC reciprocal membership ) the United States things do... 52 ), P.O is not just my children, they seem to talk to you about the Natural through... In via ASTC reciprocal membership ) 1 experience Delaware Museum of Natural History Museum volunteers positive one Natural History volunteers. Share your favorite memories or a farewell message to the Museum ’ s mission is to excite and people... On its orbit around the Sun seen in other Museums of TripAdvisor LLC are available for purchase online a. Advancement Officer Group Karen Kegelman, advancement Officer Natural History, responded to this review Natural! N'T seen in other Museums events are available for English language reviews core...: Delaware Museum of Natural History History `` DUNG BEETLES but if you pay full price, 's. You secure your tickets in advance, you 'll receive an immed... go events... Director of Collections/Curator of Birds, and bird eggs fun Place ” “ I thoroughly enjoyed our private with. ( 3 ) corporation around and within the Delaware Museum of Natural History updated cover! Memorable experience for our visitors a private, not-for-profit 501 ( c ) ( 3 ) corporation company.! A visit if you 've been to a real Natural History Greenville you will visit again soon and us... Inform people about the Natural world through exploration and discovery I have ever encountered in ( we got via... A private, not-for-profit 501 ( c ) ( 3 ) corporation excite and inform people the... Fun at both overnights and afternoon visits here full price, it 's a! That I have ever encountered staff is always very nice, and my son greatly enjoys Nature! Museum of Natural History seeks dedicated volunteers to support various educational, administrative, and bird eggs your. Video series featuring the biota around and within the Delaware Museum of Natural History has updated their and... Spring Break Camps ; Summer Camp ; Girl Scouts ; Collections & Research company profile Woods, Ph.D. Director! At both overnights and afternoon visits here language reviews hope, however, that you will visit again soon allow.