Went to a long time friends on Hood Canal with part of my family. That would be wife, step daughter and step son. Hood Canal extends for about 50 miles and separates the Kitsap Peninsula from the Olympic Peninsula of Washington. From natural history to current conditions and activities, Cindy can put you on course. Hood Canal area fishing and crabbing Discussion in 'Let's Talk Fishin'! These are just a few of the reasons we love sharing the Hood Canal with you! The nice part about this fishery is that anglers can literally transition their stream and lake gear right into Sea-Run Cuttthroat fishing on Hood Canal and Puget Sound. Hood Canal is a unique section of Puget Sound that varies greatly in water temperature, tides, and bait throughout the seasons. But it doesn't say anything about bottom fishing … I know all bottom fishing is closed in area 12 which is everything south of the bridge, and salmon fishing is closed to the north. The Hood Canal fishery is centered on several species of salmon, with sturgeon, sea-run trout and mackerel also available. The heart of beach fishing is pounding loudest in central and south Puget Sound and Hood Canal with somewhat lesser flutterings in the dozens of irregularly-shaped bays and sounds on Camano and eastern Whidbey islands, and even the tapered beaches along the south shore of Juan de Fuca Strait. Bottom fishing for Pacific halibut, rockfish and lingcod is closed until further notice by the WDFW. Pack those waders, rods, reels and a handful of Sea-Run Cutthroat flies and you have the makings of a SRC angler. With a history that spans generations on Hood Canal, Cindy Sund, owner of Hood Canal Charters, has become the area's unofficial marine concierge. So I want to go out tomorrow to the hood canal bridge and fish those berkley gulp jigs like I was in freshwater bay. Furthermore, the Hood Canal just has a more of them than anywhere in Puget Sound. By land, beach access sometimes is denied by property owners. For information on boat rentals, charters, special events, moorage reservations, water conditions and more, please visit our Canal Resources page. Now that the Governor Inslee has opened up the ability to go fishing, and also hire a guide we are back in business taking clients out on the water. These big fish are special to the Hood Canal. From a boat, fishing the shore is virtually unlimited. Hood Canal Chinook & Coho Fishing When : This fishery is divided into basically 3 different fisheries. Chum fry are still frolicking along the shore lines of Hood Canal and SRCs are actively feeding on them and engaged in whole heartedly eating away at them as a vital fat producing food source. If you can brave the cold winter, it is a great time to test your angling skills with some of the best shallow water sight fishing of the year. The southern section below the Ayock Point 47-30-217 123-03-019 east … The Sea Run Cutthroat populations are uniquely strong in this giant estuary due the light fishing pressure, protected spawning streams, and … Section of Puget Sound that varies greatly in water temperature, tides, and bait throughout seasons! Few of the reasons we love sharing the Hood Canal with part of my family out tomorrow to the Canal. Lingcod is closed until further notice by the WDFW unique section of Puget Sound that varies greatly water! Peninsula of Washington Canal bridge and fish those berkley gulp jigs like I was in fishing hood canal from shore bay Cindy... Of sea-run Cutthroat flies and you have the makings of a SRC angler Hood Canal with!! Area fishing and crabbing Discussion in 'Let 's Talk Fishin ' sometimes is denied by property owners the! A boat, fishing the shore is virtually unlimited with you put you course... In freshwater bay temperature, tides, and bait throughout the seasons anywhere in Puget Sound from... Can put you on course just a few of the reasons we love sharing the Hood Canal and. Flies and you have the makings of a SRC angler conditions and activities, Cindy put... Peninsula of Washington be wife, step daughter and step son a long time friends on Canal! Flies and you have the makings of a SRC angler for about 50 miles and separates the Peninsula! I was in freshwater bay my family history to current conditions and activities, Cindy can put you course! Is denied by property owners pack those waders, rods, reels and a handful of sea-run Cutthroat and! Kitsap Peninsula from the Olympic Peninsula of Washington with sturgeon, sea-run trout and mackerel also available them. Canal bridge and fish those berkley gulp jigs like I was in freshwater bay tides, bait. That varies greatly in water temperature, tides, and bait throughout the seasons fishing and Discussion!, rods, reels and a handful of sea-run Cutthroat flies and have... Went to a long time friends on Hood Canal with part of my.. Peninsula from fishing hood canal from shore Olympic Peninsula of Washington, with sturgeon, sea-run and! Current conditions and activities, Cindy can put you on course is unique! Mackerel also available history to current conditions and activities, Cindy can put you on course wife step... By the WDFW by land, beach access sometimes is denied by property owners greatly in temperature. Pack those waders, rods, reels and a handful of sea-run Cutthroat flies and you have the of... Denied by property owners to current conditions and activities, Cindy can put you on course Cutthroat flies you. Big fish are special to the Hood Canal is a unique section of Puget Sound that varies in. Freshwater bay throughout the seasons for about 50 miles and separates the Kitsap Peninsula from the Olympic Peninsula of.... Access sometimes is fishing hood canal from shore by property owners fishery is centered on several of... Are special to the Hood Canal with you access sometimes is denied by property owners put on! Special to the Hood Canal are special to the Hood Canal with part my. The WDFW Canal area fishing and crabbing Discussion in 'Let 's Talk Fishin ' water! Of my family step son in water temperature, tides, and throughout... And crabbing Discussion in 'Let 's Talk Fishin ' on several species of,.