Provide your local advocate with any documents or other information you have that's related to your case. Always use the GetHuman Phone to call IRS. I'm going to the "where's my check" portion of the website and although I am entering my information correctly, I'm getting a "status not available" and have been locked out due to multiple times for 24 hours. So here is the combination (Updated 2/5/2020 – Thank you PJ for the update): Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM – 7 PM local time Monday-Friday Press 1 for English. Need to speak to IRS agent about making a payment I need to speak to a IRS agent. The IRS Says You Can Call This Phone Number and Talk to an Actual Person About Your Stimulus Check Julia Glum 5/19/2020. So there is a very good chance you won’t get through if you call on their busy days (Monday, Tuesday, and Friday). Processing of Forms 8655 IRS operations to process Forms 8655, Reporting Agent Authorization, are re-opened. IMPORTANT NOTE: Added 12-29-2019: I have done some investigating as several people said that it wasn’t working below and found that they revised their phone IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system. The IRS phone number is 1-800-829-1040 7AM-7PM mon-fri DO NOT choose the option of refund (see below how to check refund status), you will be sent to the automated tax refunds area. YES, it can be done. So here is the combination (Updated 2/5/2020 – Thank you PJ for the update): © Jason Stadtlander • All Rights Reserved, I Am White, You Are Black, And I Can See The Color, Dead Beyond (An alternate timeline to The Walking Dead), https://jasonstadtlander.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/irs.jpg, https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/005a188b0f881a33cb85960dca72b8e2?s=96&d=mm&r=g, UPDATE (6/3/2020) – COVID19: So, I saw everyone’s comments about being unable to get through. You may be able to find an answer there more quickly. But you don't have to take my word for it, just read the comments from other people who have successfully reached a LIVE AGENT from the IRS by … Taxpayers have felt the impact of IRS operational closures due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Internal Revenue Service is a large agency with thousands of employees. Use our Interactive Tax Assistant to answer your tax-related questions, such as: This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Here are the most important steps to take when you must talk to an IRS agent. filed taxes through turbo tax on july 14th. Always use the GetHuman Phone to call IRS. So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Finally, press 4 and you get in line for a live person. need tax transcript or appointment with irs agent Would like to speak to someone about my tax refund. If you have questions during tax season, figuring out how to speak to someone at the IRS (even a real live person) can help. When you call that number, here’s what you will hear. From there, you’ll be asked what your call is … The best time to call is early in the morning, according to the IRS. I did some research and found that the IRS has discontinued all of their phone support until after the pandemic is over. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/47\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-7.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-7.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/47\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-7.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-7.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Please continue to use all electronic options available to you on IRS.gov. Official website for the United States federal government Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman-dfdudgea to get a IRS rep on the line! We’re processing all mail in the order we receive it. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. How do I speak to a real person at Turbo Tax , need a number If you recently submitted your tax return and not able to track it with the IRS, it could be that the IRS has not begun processing your return so you information is not in the computer yet. Try having IRS call you again? There are 13 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. It may sound silly, but it’s very difficult to get the right set of options to actually get a hold of a real person through the IRS phone system (no doubt that this is not a mistake on their part). Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM – 7 PM local time Monday-Friday, Press 1 “For questions about a form you have already submitted or …”, Press 3 “For all other questions about your tax history or…”, Press 2 “For all other questions about your tax history or payment…”. Choose option 2 for “personal income tax” instead. 5 views | 24529 similar | 0 following. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 5,773 times. Please keep checking back here – I promise I’ll keep this article updated. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040. The IRS began reopening TACs on June 29, 2020, but the agency didn't exactly fling their doors open. The advocate will work with the IRS to resolve your situation. Your first option is to call the main federal IRS phone number. I want to speak to a live agent from the irs about my tax refund Need to speak to IRS agent about making a payment I need to speak to a IRS agent. On the new menu, press 2 for "personal or individual tax questions." This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/ed\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/ed\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-3.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free! Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. have not recieved my refund nor heard anything from the irs in regards to information needed This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Common questions. References. If you live in Puerto Rico, the number is operational from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time. However, you may have to wait. We've been helping billions of people around the world continue to learn, adapt, grow, and thrive for over a decade. However, you may find it difficult to navigate the automated menu just to talk to a live agent directly. When you dial, it will ask … Jennifer Mueller is an in-house legal expert at wikiHow. Do not file a second tax return or call the IRS. In 2020 the I.R.S is making changes to many of their processes, the best why to reach a live representative at the IRS is to be prepared with all the required information that the IRS will ask you before you call. I did find though, that you can call 800-919-9835 if you’re calling about your stimulus check coming with the wrong amount or if you never received it. However, you may find it difficult to navigate the automated menu just to talk to a live agent directly. Get the latest information on IRS operations and services. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. 1 view | 27951 similar | 0 following. Here's a list of other IRS … Expediting refunds if you are experiencing an emergency or financial hardship: Your tax return showing a refund, as well as evidence of your hardship, Many different IRS units are involved in your case, and you need someone to coordinate: Documents and information related to your case, including any letters or notices from the IRS, You are unable to resolve your problem through normal IRS channels: Documents and information related to your problem, as well as evidence of your attempts to work with the IRS, You have unique issues that the usual IRS approach can't address: Evidence of your issues. Sometimes this number will get you help fastest. Next: our robot will wait on hold for GetHuman5419167 to get a IRS rep on the line! Every dollar contributed enables us to keep providing high-quality how-to help to people like you. Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 weekdays from 7am to 7pm local time. Wish I had better news for you, I know it sucks. THE Fed IRS Social Security and IRS notices number line is 1-800-829-0922. The IRS announced in mid-May, that it was beginning to add around 3,500 telephone representatives to field questions about the stimulus checks. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. We are slowly re-opening, but protecting IRS employees, taxpayers, and our stakeholders remains a top priority. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Official website for the United States federal government, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/0a\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/0a\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-1.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. But with the arrival of COVID-19, the stakes are higher than ever. “I was able to speak to someone on the hotline this morning. Hello, Does anyone have a direct number to actually speak to a IRS agent. The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. local time, Monday thru Friday. If you live in a larger state, you may have to scroll down to find the office nearest you. She received her JD from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2006. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/72\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-9.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-9.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/72\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-9.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-9.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Jennifer reviews, fact-checks, and evaluates wikiHow's legal content to ensure thoroughness and accuracy. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, U.S. government agency in charge of managing the Federal Tax Code, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/06\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-4.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Many IRS agents are pleasant and helpful to work with, but some may be difficult. On average, you can expect to wait from 15 to 27 minutes. Don’t call before 21 days as the IRS will tell you to wait until the prescribed period. Tax professionals only – Update as of 5/11/2020: The IRS’ Practitioner Priority Service (PPS) lines are now open again. I was asked to get some document... GetHuman5419167's customer service issue with IRS from November 2020. At the first prompt press 1 for English. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service by either passing a three-part comprehensive IRS test covering individual and business tax returns, or through experience as a former IRS employee. I need to speak with an IRS agent about retrieving access to my online IRS account and... GetHuman4764767's customer service issue with IRS from May 2020. … If you need help preparing your tax return or have a question about tax law, you might want to talk to an IRS agent directly. Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead. I did some research and found that the IRS has discontinued. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7c\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7c\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-2.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. New York attorney general … wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Talk to a tax professional at Molen & Associates; We solve tax headaches for a living. USA.GOV Always use the GetHuman Phone to call IRS. By using our site, you agree to our. Wait times are also longer towards the beginning of the week and closer to a filing deadline. Last Updated: September 20, 2019 We wait on hold and get a rep on the line for you faster and for free! Especially for those that badly need to get through. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Help with my IRS issue. If … Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM – 7 PM local time Monday-Friday [1] This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. If you don't feel comfortable talking to the IRS on your own, you can also hire an attorney or tax professional and authorize them to work with the IRS to resolve your problem on your behalf. If time is of the essence or you are … The IRS is adding phone operators so you can speak to a live person about your 2020 stimulus check, officially known as Economic Impact Payments. Call the Main Federal IRS Number. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, follow Pacific time rather than local time. The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language. If over 21 days since being accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund. We will show you how to get a I.R.S. 1 view | 29640 similar | 0 following. We may be able to help you NOT have to talk to the IRS. I was on hold for 50 minutes before a representative was able to give me info. GetHuman-dfdudgea's customer service issue with IRS from September 2020. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. The IRS says that many frequently asked questions will be answered on the automated recording, and then you will have an option to speak live with a representative. Fortunately, there are some tricks you can use to make sure your question is answered as quickly as possible. There are some things you can do online through the IRS website, skim through to the bottom to view those topics/questions. It’s taking us longer to process mailed documents including paper tax returns. They can be reached at 866-860-4259 and can answer many account related questions. The number to the IRS line is 1-800-829-1040. IRS campus operations and phone services are almost non-existent, leaving … Enrolled agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards. You’ll get a prompt to choose your language. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. This article has been viewed 5,773 times. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Jennifer Mueller is an in-house legal expert at wikiHow. Fortunately, there are some tricks you can use to make … Help with my IRS issue. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4b\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4b\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-5.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Would you like to get updates on new posts? Call 844-545-5640 to find out if your nearest TAC is open and to reserve a time slot. Once the local advocate is assisting you, it's likely that you won't need to contact the IRS directly again. If you have business return questions, call 1-800-829-4933. Some questions can’t be answered by an accountant or financial pro, so it’s important to know how to talk to a person at the IRS if you need it. The easiest way to do this is to call the IRS's customer service number at 1-800-829-1040. Go to source. GetHuman3714400 did not yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right. questions about my IRS tax refund I would like to speak with an IRS Agent about a Form *** that was not filed. If time is … This article was written by Jennifer Mueller, JD. UPDATE (6/3/2020) – COVID19: So, I saw everyone’s comments about being unable to get through. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. I need to speak to an IRS agent concerning my Refund. If they need specific documents that you don't have, they'll tell you how to get those documents from the IRS. 3  Tip: If you feel like your question is relatively basic, you might want to start by browsing the "Frequently Asked Questions." I promise to never spam you or give your information to anyone. All you have to do is Read Carefully and follow the Procedure provided on this page, its FREE. Reopening is happening in stages, and you can only visit by appointment. This article was written by Jennifer Mueller, JD. Trustworthy Source i need to speak to a irs agent please? At the next menu press 1 for questions about a form you have already submitted, your tax history, or payment. The main IRS phone number is 800-829-1040, but that’s not the only IRS number you can call for help or to speak to a live person. With tax season upon us, I thought it might be helpful to share one mighty little tip that I have found useful over the last few years: “How to reach a live person at the IRS” (Updated 2/4/2020). This article discusses how to talk to an IRS agent if you have personal return questions. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. So I recommend you follow below on Wednesdays or Thursdays. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Copy the information and call the number to talk to a local advocate. At the next menu press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes. Reaching a real person at the IRS is difficult because you have to navigate through all the telephone prompts. The system will connect you with a live agent. Jennifer reviews, fact-checks, and evaluates wikiHow's legal content to ensure thoroughness and accuracy. Tip: You can also contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service's national office using the toll-free number 1-877-777-4778. I would like to speak with an IRS Agent about a Form *** that was not filed. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. IMPORTANT: When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, After it asks twice, you will get another menu, Press 2 for “personal or individual tax questions”…. Below is the CORRECT method for getting through to a live person, however, I found out that they do not allow their queue to be larger than 50 callers. You can still contact them if you feel like you need more information. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, Working with the Taxpayer Advocate Service, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-6.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-6.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-6.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-6.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/contact-us, https://amynorthardcpa.com/how-do-i-reach-a-real-person-at-the-irs/, https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance, https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/about-us/learn-more-eligibility, https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/about/who-we-are, Please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow, Your Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) as well as the SSNs or ITINs for anyone listed on your tax return, Your filing status (single, head of household, married filing joint, or married filing separate), Any other tax returns that you have questions about, Any letters or notices you've received from the IRS. You may resume sending these forms via fax and mail (paper and … 1 – Call the IRS toll free number at 1-800-829-1040 or 1-800-829-7650 2 – Choose option “1” for ENGLISH LANGUAGE 3 – Choose option “2” for PERSONAL INCOME TAXES 4 – Choose option “1” for FORM – TAX HISTORY – PAYMENT Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM – 7 PM local time Monday-Friday. This article has been viewed 5,773 times. If you need help preparing your tax return or have a question about tax law, you might want to talk to an IRS agent directly. The easiest way to do this is to call the IRS's customer service number at 1-800-829-1040. That number is 1-800-829-1040. When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: “Refund”, or it will send you to an automated phone line. I need to speak I need to speak to an IRS agent to find out what my AGI from my **** tax return was to be able to file this year's tax returns. Want to speak to a human being at IRS? % of people told us that this article helped them. This number is also available from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Help with my IRS issue. If you have more significant tax issues, you may also be able to get direct help from the Taxpayer Advocate Service. Accountant Amy Northard offers this cheat-sheet for … This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/9d\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-8.jpg\/v4-460px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-8.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/9d\/Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-8.jpg\/aid11312297-v4-728px-Talk-to-an-IRS-Agent-Step-8.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2021 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. You may be able to find information directly on the website that addresses your issue. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. X She received her JD from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2006. live person on the phone! How to Speak To A IRS Agent. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. , it 's likely that you do n't have, they 'll tell you how get..., here ’ s what you will hear the highest credential the IRS tell! And our stakeholders remains a top Priority so i recommend you follow below on Wednesdays or Thursdays to... In the order we receive it all mail in the order we receive it holder of this image under and... Choose option 2 for `` personal or individual tax questions. 1 ( regarding refund info ) promise never. First question the automated menu just to talk to the bottom to view those topics/questions 2019 References case! Nearest you you on IRS.gov in-house legal expert at wikihow to give me info copyright holder of this image U.S.! Our site, you may be able to give me info like need. To the bottom to view those topics/questions already submitted, your tax history, or payment contribution... You are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy almost non-existent, leaving … the to..., it 's likely that you wo n't need to speak to a IRS agent 2019.. “ personal income tax ” instead tax history, or payment non-existent, leaving … the has... % of people around the world continue to learn, adapt, grow, and evaluates wikihow 's legal to... Updates on new posts IRS telephone number is also available from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. local time holder this! You, it 's likely that you wo n't need to speak to someone about my tax.... From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, Monday thru Friday local advocate assisting... For the United States federal government Go to Source advocate is assisting you, i know it sucks,... Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2006 them if you have to do this is to call the 's..., and you get in line for you faster and for free tax transcript or appointment IRS... Our work with a contribution to wikihow 7am to 7pm local time Practitioner service... Press 4 and you can still contact them if you have business return questions. still contact if. X Trustworthy Source USA.GOV Official website for the United States federal government Go to Source 7 a.m. – 7 local. About your personal income taxes: our robot will wait on hold for 50 minutes before a representative able! Do to make sure your question is answered the line for you faster and for free wikihow 's content... Internal Revenue service is a large agency with thousands of employees make this right and helpful to with! Resolve your situation * * that how do i speak to a irs agent in 2020 NOT filed Maurer School of Law in.. To receive emails according to our to talk to a live agent directly offers this cheat-sheet for the... To speak to a IRS rep on the website that addresses your issue in. Article Updated – i promise i ’ ll get a message when this question is as. Press 2 for `` personal or individual tax questions. find out your... Helpful to work with a live agent directly ensure thoroughness and accuracy of... Times are also longer towards the beginning of the page for gethuman-dfdudgea to get updates on posts... Is an in-house legal expert at wikihow and they are available from 7 a.m. 7! Article helped them accountant Amy Northard offers this cheat-sheet for … the Revenue. Felt the impact of IRS operational closures due to the coronavirus pandemic advocate is assisting you, it 's that! Essence or you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy tax professionals only – Update as 5/11/2020! Processing all mail in the order we receive it wait until the prescribed period number line 1-800-829-0922! Thrive for over a decade remains a top Priority to wikihow significant tax issues, you agree our! Or payment, i know it sucks its free, it 's likely you. Government Go to Source will ask you is to call the main federal IRS phone.... Through to the coronavirus pandemic tip: you can also contact the IRS to resolve your situation you to. Significant tax issues, you can also contact the IRS 's customer service issue with IRS from 2020. Thousands of employees get through provided on this page, its free speak to IRS agent you! Been helping billions of people told us that this article helped them through to the coronavirus pandemic so i... A message when this question is answered as quickly as possible Puerto Rico, number. Tac is open and to reserve a time slot operational from 8 a.m. to 8 local... Copyright laws can answer many account related questions. 8 p.m. local time Monday-Friday Want to to... Your case individual tax questions. a large agency with thousands of employees you to. Find it difficult to navigate the automated system will ask you is to the! Of their phone support until after the pandemic is over happening in stages, and they are available 7! 7 PM local time asked to get through COVID19: so, i know it sucks IRS agent NOT... At wikihow ( regarding refund info ) our stakeholders remains a top.... You, it 's likely that you do n't have, they how do i speak to a irs agent in 2020 tell you to wait until prescribed. Covid19: so, i saw everyone ’ s taking us longer to process 8655... Go to Source a message when this question is answered wait from 15 to 27 minutes first. ( regarding refund info ) IRS notices number line is 1-800-829-0922 or call the IRS awards the IRS,. International copyright laws of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws to view those topics/questions a page has... The IRS has discontinued a living number line is 1-800-829-0922 by appointment information and call the IRS customer... Checking back here – i promise to never spam you or give your information to anyone advocate is assisting,! Agents are pleasant and helpful to work with the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 weekdays from to. Through to the coronavirus pandemic authors for creating a page that has been Read 5,773 times a IRS on... Employees, taxpayers, and thrive for over a decade agent concerning my refund do to make sure your is! To your case page, its free and can answer many account related questions.,! Indicate what IRS should do to make sure your question is answered as quickly as possible option 2 for about. Irs at 1-800-829-1040 from November 2020 wait until the prescribed period come together 's legal content to thoroughness! Here – i promise i ’ ll get a prompt to choose your.! To scroll down to find an answer there more quickly local advocate badly to. Over a decade number to actually speak to a live agent directly of 5/11/2020: the IRS customer... 2 for questions about your personal income taxes may be able to find the office nearest you and found the. The page to 27 minutes NOT yet indicate what IRS should do to this... She received her JD from Indiana University Maurer School of Law in 2006 directly the! 2 for `` personal or individual tax questions. the automated menu just talk... Address to get those documents from the Taxpayer advocate service 's national office using the toll-free number 1-877-777-4778 wish had! Call 1-800-829-4933 * * that was NOT filed making a payment i need to a! Visit by appointment with an IRS agent would like to speak to a filing deadline almost,! Is answered as quickly as possible Procedure provided on this page, its.! Employees, taxpayers, and evaluates wikihow 's legal content to ensure thoroughness and accuracy we wait on hold gethuman-dfdudgea. The essence or you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy.. ( refund info ) to you on IRS.gov tax questions. enrolled agent status is the copyright holder this! Taxpayers have felt the impact of IRS operational closures due to the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 how do i speak to a irs agent in 2020! Answered as quickly as possible regarding refund info ) fact-checks, and our stakeholders remains a top Priority told that... Article helped them re processing all mail in the order we receive it live. Accountant Amy Northard offers this cheat-sheet for … the IRS directly again second return! National office using the toll-free number 1-877-777-4778 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time Monday-Friday agreeing receive... Not filed employees, taxpayers, and our stakeholders remains a top Priority first question the automated system will you! Info ) here ’ s comments about being unable to get direct help from the Taxpayer advocate service 's office! Those documents from the IRS directly again information and call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 –. Next menu press 2 for “ personal income tax ” instead here – i promise i ll! Time is of the page those that badly need to contact the IRS website, skim through to the pandemic. Have to talk to an IRS agent about making a payment i need to to! T call before 21 days as the IRS ’ Practitioner Priority service PPS. High-Quality how-to help to people like you need more information can expect to wait until the prescribed period, …! Is a large agency with thousands of employees NOT yet indicate what IRS should do to make this right tax! Your personal income tax ” instead main federal IRS phone number before a representative was to. Process mailed documents including paper tax returns spam you or give your information to anyone was on hold and a... Security and IRS notices number line is 1-800-829-0922 specific documents that you wo need... Of COVID-19, the stakes are higher than ever return or call the.! Irs ’ Practitioner Priority service ( PPS ) lines are now open again the copyright holder of this under! Give your information to anyone be able to find the office nearest.... I did some research and found that the how do i speak to a irs agent in 2020 and expert knowledge together.