Briton Steve Abraham[97] started his attempt on 1 January, American Kurt Searvogel,[98] nicknamed Tarzan, started 10 January, and Australian Miles Smith started on 18 June. [32] On 17 September 2018, again at Bonneville, she took the outright world record, riding a special KHS bike with a 62Tx12T gear (488 gear-inches) to a new overall record top speed of 183.93 mph (296 km/h) behind a converted rail dragster with a fairing. My local bike club has a group ride night. Factors to Consider When estimating the ride duration. In June 2012 David "Pixie" Robilliard failed to break the record. On my pavement pounder with full squish, it's normal. [25] Markus Stöckl did beat the serial production bicycle record in 2011 when he reached 164.95 km/h (102.50 mph) on a volcano in Nicaragua and again in 2017 when he reached 167.6 km/h (104.1 mph) down a volcano in Chile. The best mark was achieved by Aurelien Bonneteau, a French rider at the Bordeaux velodrome. The Guinness Book of World Records certified Coker's record at the end of her record-breaking day at 76,233.9 miles (122,686.81 km). If we analyze records using a serial production bicycle, as opposed to prototype bicycles, the record holder is Markus Stöckl from Austria. So yes 15 miles an hour for electric bike is stupid. And back again", "Fastest return journey from Land's End to John-O'-Groats by bicycle (male)", "Kurt Searvogel awarded Guinness World Record for distance cycled in a year", "Bruce Berkeley rides nearly 10,000km in January to set new Guinness World Record", "Yorkshireman Richard Nutt breaks world seven-day distance record", "Two-time cancer survivor from Warwickshire breaks seven-day distance cycling record", "Greatest distance cycled in a month (WUCA)", "Fastest completion of 100,000 miles by bicycle", "Nicholson's ride, won't press it, claim for patronage", "UMCA announces a new record category: highest annual mileage", "Steve Abraham in collision with moped during world mileage record ride", "Steve Abraham back on the road—pedalling a recumbent with one leg", "Steve Abraham ends Highest Annual Mileage Record attempt", "American Kurt Searvogel breaks cycling highest annual mileage record", "Comment: Why I think Kurt Searvogel's annual cycling record deserves our respect", "Ultracycling: Highest Annual Mileage Record", "The Golden Book of Cycling – Citation for Arthur Humbles", "The Golden Book of Cycling - citation for Walter Greaves", "Australia regains world's cycling record", "The Golden Book of Cycling - Citation for Thomas Edward Godwin", "Greatest distance cycled in a year (UMCA)", "What Amanda Coker Just Did Rivals the Most Amazing Feats in Sports History", "25 Jan 1941 - Cycle Marathon Planned By Girl - Trove", "02 Feb 1942 - WOMAN CYCLIST'S RECORD - Trove", "15 Oct 1941 - W.A. On a flat surface, the ride is relatively smooth with no significant hurdles, hills or tricky manoeuvers. Until a model was introduced that was faster than any previous motorcycle, the fastest bike on the market for a given year was actually slower than an earlier, out of production bike. There are two groups, a and b, that race around a seven mile loop. The amount of MPH you can go on this bike is solely based on how fast you pedal. This type of record was invented by Charles "Mile-a-Minute Murphy" who drafted a train to set a 96 km/h (60 mph) record in 1899. This will easily enable you to manage an average speed of between 17 to 18 mph; or, about 30 – 40 minutes to bike 10 miles. Several models went out of production before being surpassed by a contemporary with a higher top speed. Current record holders are: On 11 July 2017, 24-year-old Amanda Coker set a new "Fastest completion of 100,000 miles by bicycle record, doing so in 423 days. This plan is also available in the book, Training Plans for Cyclists published by VeloPress. The most famous type of record is for upright bicycles meeting the requirements of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI). Much faster than I’d want to be going whenever I happen to … In 2014, the UCI changed the hour record rules to permit using any upright bike allowed for endurance track events. Living in NYC, 25mph is generally enough to keep up with traffic and overkill for bike lanes. Odometers and cards were replaced by GPS recording and live tracking devices such as the SPOT Satellite Messenger. On June 3, 2017, Searvogel finished her attempt with a total of 32,415 miles (52,166 km). The press had reported her campaign in relation to Billie Dovey's record, to wit, after ten weeks she had recorded 7,302.8 miles (11,752.7 km) compared to Mrs Dovey's 5,238 miles (8,430 km). When riding in the bike lanes, I try to stay closer to 15 mph, So yes, 30 mph feels fast. [106] This UMCA record is also recognized as a Guinness World Record. The record was certified by the Guinness Book of Records and the Ultra Marathon Cycling Association (now the WUCA). Coker's record improved by 77 days on Tommy Godwin's prior record of 500 days set in May 1940. Get the best deals on 30 mph Speed Electric Bikes when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. [115][116], In February 1942 Pat Hawkins, the holder of the 'World Seven Days record', claimed to have ridden 45,402.8 miles (73,068.7 km) in Perth, West Australia, despite having missed seven weeks riding. 12000 Watt Electric Bicycle, 70 Mph 12000w Electric Bike, Fast E Bike 72v 84v. [28] On 17 May 1941 Letourneur broke the record again, reaching 175 km/h (108.92 mph) on a Schwinn bicycle riding behind a specially equipped midget racer, on a Los Angeles freeway near Bakersfield, California. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. John Howard, Olympic cyclist and Ironman triathlon winner, reset the record to 244 km/h (152 mph), also at the Bonneville Salt Flats, on 20 July 1985. Dr Mitchell Anderson set the current outdoor track record at 555.723 miles (894.349 km) at the AARC in, Petra von Fintel set the women's human powered vehicle (HPV) land distance record at 628.82 miles (1,011.99 km) in 24 hours in a Milan velomobile at, Women's record: Maria Bloom, 2004, 16h 51m 56s, Women's record: Lynne Taylor (Lynne Biddulph), 2001, 52h 45m. [18], Motor pacing is a type of cycling record where a pace vehicle is modified by adding a tail fairing to keep the wind off the cyclist who is riding behind it. The looks I've seen drivers give me as I pass them on a 25mph road is great, then they get pissed a bike is passing them and they speed up. [29], The first to surpass 200 km/h was the Frenchman Jose Meiffret in 1962, when he reached 204 km/h (127 mph) behind a Mercedes-Benz 300SL car on a German motorway.[30]. Now, this naturally calls for a dirt bike that can rev up beyond what we’re used to with electric bikes hence my search for electric dirt bikes that go 30+ mph (he has a 12 mph Razor MX350). Pembroke to Great Yarmouth is the traversal of the whole width of the island of Wales and England between two extremities; Starting in Pembroke in the West and finishing in Great Yarmouth in the East. Beginners might like to know what an ideal average cycling speed is. The record was again surpassed on 19 September 2015 by Todd Reichert by riding the ETA, a streamlined recumbent bicycle at 139.45 km/h (86.65 mph) from the team behind the AeroVelo Atlas human-powered helicopter. The International Human Powered Vehicle Association (IHPVA) acts as the sanctioning body for new records in human-powered land, water, and air vehicles. [95], In November 2014 the UltraMarathon Cycling Association announced that it would recognise a new record category for the highest annual mileage in a year,[96] and set rules for the record. Solid 30 is fine. FWIW there's no speed wobble on fat tires at 30mph. [2], During the last decade of the 20th century, two Frenchmen, Eric Barone and Christian Taillefer, set the speed record descending on snow several times. [92] A tenth claim, by the English rider Ken Webb in 1972, was disallowed. [20][21] Todd Reichert broke his own record again on September 17, 2016, to set a speed of 144.17 km/h (89.58 mph) at the 2016 WHPSC. However, the human body causes about 70 … Evry fit person goes much faster with a simple push bike. [131], To qualify for the relevant Guinness World Record one must satisfy various requirements, such as total distance travelled, pass through two approximate antipodal points, provide specified evidence, etc. I could do 25mph on a flat for around a 1/2 mile. The record has been officially established nine times. Solo woman: Seana Hogan, 1995, who averaged 13.23 mph (21.3 km/h) riding 2,912 miles (4,686 km) in 9 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes. A further type of record is for partially streamlined recumbents, which are open but have either a windshield in front or a streamlined tail-box in the rear. He rode a bicycle with a nearly horizontal seat to allow his back to lie flat, two standard sized wheels, an elliptical chainring, and with shortened pedal arms to reduce the air volume swept out by his legs. Think safety (and stability). Hills [19] at Battle Mountain, Nevada. The plan is written for someone that will average between 12 and 14 miles per hour for the 30 miles. Just keep in mind that when you're a beginner, it's essential to go at your own pace. He set a world speed record in 1999 on snow, descending at 187 km/h (116 mph) at Les Arcs. Mine tops out at 28 and I’m fine with that. Going 30 mph on an electric bike in NYC is terrifyingly awesome. His distance was 56.696 km (35.229 miles) on Wednesday 16 July 2014, Christian von Ascheberg set the human powered vehicle (HPV) land distance record at 1,219.02 kilometres (757 mi) in 24 hours in a Milan SL. Aerodynamic tubing on bikes, aero-profile spokes and deep-section rims help reduce your drag, enabling you to go faster. The top descending speeds have always been obtained on snow. [14] The prototype bicycle record, on a volcano, still belongs to Barone. [74], On 3rd September 2020, Marcia Roberts became the first female to record the journey starting at Lands End, by upright bike, in a time of 11 days, 13 hours & 13 minutes. Electric bicycle conversion kits contain all the bolt-on parts you’ll need to convert a standard bicycle into an e-bike. [75] No authority appears to maintain this record, however notable distances ridden in seven days include: There are 2 authorities currently recognising this record, Guinness World Records and World Ultra Cycling Association (formerly the UltraMarathon Cycling Association). On 14 September 2007, Stöckl rode an Intense M6 mountainbike down the ski slope of La Parva, Chile, reaching the current record of 210 km/h (130 mph). All things being equal in terms of the bike being used this average speed … [132], Return journey between Land's End and John O'Groats, World Endurance record for distance in a calendar year. [121] Guinness did not ratify Billie Dovey's record, and had set a target of over 50,000 km. [24][25], In 1928, Leon Vanderstuyft from Belgium reached 122 km/h riding behind a motorbike at a velodrome. The hour record for bicycles is the record for the longest distance cycled in one hour on a bicycle. The record speed on push bike on flat surface on roads is 85 miles an hour. Shares. https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-bicycle-wheelie-in-an-hour#:~:text=The%20longest%20bicycle%20wheelie%20in,support%20of%20the%20organisation%20Wheels4nepal. Seven days [19] She subsequently achieved 121.81 km/h (75.69 mph) at the 2010 running of the Battle Mountain event. These feature a lower frontal area than a UCI bicycle due to their recumbent seating design of the rider. When you are zooming down a paved hill, your speed may increase to over 20 mph, while you may slow to only a few miles per hour when you are climbing a steep or rocky grade. [31] He used a special bicycle behind a dragster of the Strasburg Drag Racing Team at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Ride of my life. Hour-record attempts are made in a velodrome, frequently at high elevation for the aerodynamic benefit of thinner air. 3 mph in my case and I'll give you my numbers from a couple of different situations. Slight downhill (-0.6% grade) (outdoor), on a Faired Recumbent, Streamlined recumbent bicycle (bicycle and rider enclosed in an aerodynamic shell): Francesco Russo of Switzerland set a new World Record by covering 91.556 km (56.89 miles) in one hour at the DEKRA test track in Germany on 2 August 2011, Non-streamlined Recumbent Bicycle (no shell, only disk wheels, and rider sitting on top frame). This is currently awaiting verification, On 13 March 1940 Pat Hawkins set the 'World 1,000 mile record' in Perth, having ridden the 1,000 miles (1,600 km) distance in 4 days, 8 hours and 7 minutes, cutting 9 hours 53 minutes off Vera Unthank's record.[75]. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Bike riding speeds vary widely depending on your riding conditions. Because one rotation of a real bicycle wheel would move you exactly the distance around the wheel, or the circumference, and you already know the time -- one minute --, you can calculate your miles per hour, or MPH, from RPM. I think I could go faster, but it is scary and slowing down is hard. [128], Kurt Osburn (nicknamed Wheelie King) from California, United States is the Guinness World Record holder for Longest Bicycle Wheelie, riding on the back wheel of a bicycle. Women's record: Lynne Taylor, 2001. Bruce Berkeley rode 2,825 kilometres (1,755 mi) between 23 and 29 June 2014. [91] The world record for distance cycled in a year began in an era when bicycle companies competed to show their machines were the most reliable. i agree mostly 25-30mph is a nice cruising speed, its fast enough to basically get to anywhere thats fairly local in 10-20 mins tops, but not so fast to be a white knuckle ride where you fear for your life so long as the bike is well built, my issue tends to be that a lot of car drivers just dont seem happy to be on 20-30mph roads with cyclists doing the same speed. With a top speed of 30 mph (48 km/h), these e-bikes aren’t your typical Lime bikes. Its not like we are trying to travel 150 miles doing 50mph, we are literally doing little 10-20 mile journeys at 25-35mph and some people really seem to get annoyed that we dont have to use a car like they do, i dont know if its jellously, anger, frustration. After a WHILE it feels normal. [25] Alexis Blanc-Garin from France set the record to 128.20 km/h in October 1933 riding behind a motorbike. Most car drivers are great, but you get the odd 1/10 that just seems to be enraged and annoyed that a bicycle has the audacity to use the roads or dares to travel at the same speed. [105] Searvogel planned his attempt to hit his final mileage of 76,076 miles exactly, writing "The number is significant in that it took 76 years and 76,076 miles to take the record from the British – The spirit of 76 lives on". [130], From 13 April to 25 June 1999, he rode 2,839.6 miles from Hollywood to the Guinness World Records Experience in Orlando on one wheel, also for a Guinness World Record, becoming the first person in history to ride a bicycle wheelie coast to coast. A Mile in a flat road race takes about 3 to 4 minutes. Certified and recognized cycling records are those verified by the Union Cycliste Internationale, International Human Powered Vehicle Association and World Human Powered Vehicle Association, Guinness World Records, International Olympic Committee, World UltraCycling Association (formerly Ultra Marathon Cycling Association), the UK Road Records Association or other accepted authorities. James Golding rode 2,842.2 kilometres (1,766.1 mi) between 19 and 25 June 2017. This. [17], The female record holder for this same category was Lisa Vetterlein, who reached 107.16 km/h (66.59 mph) in 2005. Sataway 30 mph electric bike aluminum alloy 26 251 - 350w ce lithium battery no brushless. IMO ebike is primarily a bicycle, and 20 mph is considered fast on a bicycle, so i would say yes. [102] Smith ceased his attempt on 13 November 2015. On my fat tire rigid fork, 30 mph isn't pleasant. You'll want to go faster, but the question is SHOULD you go faster. Living in NYC, 25mph is generally enough to keep up with traffic and overkill for bike lanes. After setting the women's Lands End to John O'Groats record, Lynne Taylor continued to ride, completing 1000 miles in 64 hours and 38 minutes. Contemporary advertising shows that she rode a Rudge-Whitworth bicycle and relied on Cadbury milk chocolate for energy. Making e-bikes faster will help improve safety on the roads, according to an electric bicycle retailer. Though it could be hard to believe that an ebike could ride 60 miles per hour, below are the fastest electric bikes that could be purchased online. 1 Piece (Min. [26] Albert Marquet, from France, reached 139.90 km/h riding behind a car in 1937. Hawkins also broke the West Australian records for one, two, three, four, five, six and seven days, plus surpassing the Australian professional men's record of Ossie Nicholson. This data taken yesterday using my field test methods: Regular road bike on the drops, standard box section rims + training tires and tubes (Crr=0.004), jersey and helmet: CdA = 0.38 and modeled speed for 220 watts at sea level = 20.8 mph Much faster than I’d want to be going whenever I happen to crash (unless you are decked out in moto gear). US $2850-$3100 / Piece. She would have reached Dovey's record after 36 weeks, three days, one hour and 20 minutes. [113] Coker completed her year-long mileage record with 86,537 miles (139,268 km). All of this stuff also depends on how much you weigh. also at speeds of 30 mph your bicycle helmet is not going to be enough to protect your head so there's also a layer of safety concern there. On land, the speed record registered by a rider on a 200-meter flying start speed trial was 133.28 km/h (82.82 mph) by the Canadian Sam Whittingham riding the Varna Tempest, a streamliner recumbent bicycle in 2009. You don't say how long you hold that speed. At 225-230 lbs, with low body fat, it's easy to move on flat and down hills, but to get going and to slow down it can be hard. ^^^ I ride mine exactly like this, and very happy & satisfied. It registers non-motor-paced records (also called unpaced), which means that the bicycle directly faces the wind without any motor-pacing vehicle in front. The fastest a human can bicycle is now 89.59 mph. [n 1] Apart from the 1911 competition organised by Cycling, there was no authority that set rules for record attempts nor certified the mileage ridden. Men's Tandem Record: D Irvine & C Mitchell, 2015, 45h 11m 0s. I also ride a motorcycle - a VERY different machine with very different kit (helmet, gloves, textile/leather jackets with CE-approved armor, pants with pads, etc.). Fastest production motorcycles. So yes, 30 mph feels fast. In a sprint elite cyclists can hit speeds well over 40 mph, but a true sprint only lasts a couple of hundred meters. Allan Abbott, a cycling enthusiast and motorcycle racer, elevated the motor-paced bicycle speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats, reaching 223 km/h (139 mph) in 1973. At first it can be scary if you've never ridden a motorcycle. They enclose the rider and machine in aerodynamic shapes made of carbon fiber, Kevlar, or Fiberglass to reduce air resistance. Hit 45 once going down a highway and got speed wobbles, was not fun and will never do again. In September 2017 James MacDonald set a Guinness world record, starting and finishing at John O'Groats. The course is fairly flat and I’ll be in a large group. Mueller was coached by former record holder John Howard. Tacks On 37¼ Miles To 24 Hours Distance", "The Pedal Club Golden Book – Citation for Roy Cromack", "24-hour world record broken. The table below shows the records people have attained while riding bicycles. Barone believed he could do more, and returned to the same location on 12 May 2002 when he reached 163 km/h (101 mph) on a serial production bicycle and 172 km/h (107 mph), on a prototype bicycle, a world record. [23] This record was beaten on 13 sept 2019 by Ilona Peltier of France, at 126.52 km/h (78.62 mph) at the 2019 WHPSC event. [73] Guinness certified the record as covering 1,725 miles (2,776 km) in 5 days 18 hours and 3 minutes, beating Rockett's time by 3 hours and 5 minutes. As for 2020, the electric bike has become one of the fastest-growing bike types in the United States. Woman Cyclist Sets New World Record - Trove", "A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa's 2016 Cycling World Record Attempt", "Kajsa Tylen: Cyclist breaks Billie Fleming's 77-year-old record", "Farthest distance cycled in a year (female)", "Heras makes it four, Petacchi sinks five", "Spanish Supreme Court restores 2005 Vuelta victory to Heras", "Race director: Heras is the winner of the 2005 Vuelta", "Deloor, un belga en el primer párrafo del relato de la Vuelta". Tom Donhou, a bicycle builder based in Hackney, London, just went 80 mph on a bike. Admittedly, there aren’t many electric dirt bikes that go 30 mph for some reason and this I knew from the word go. The record is also known as the Side to Side record. My issue with the 30-40mph range is plenty of roads are 30mph roads, so that means all the cars seem to want to do 35/36mph if you are on a cycle doing 28mph on that same road, which imo makes it more dangerous, i dont know what it is, but its like something subconsciously for car drivers behind a bicycle is that even if they are basically at the speed limit they still have to overtake you, because lol bike. It just seem's to be a ME FIRST mind set with everyone, in every application. The endeavour was sponsored by Bruce Small Pty Ltd.[116][117][118][119], In 2016, Kajsa Tylen[120] broke the record, exceeding Dovey's mileage on 24 November, with over a month of the year left to go. Solo woman: Seana Hogan, 1995, who averaged 13.23 mph (21.3 km/h) riding 2,912 miles (4,686 km) in 9 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes. I've done 27mph on a 20mph road and had cars trying to overtake me, at that point i tend to err on the side of, well fuck this, ill go on the pavement and do 10-15mph and get out of the fucking way because im not in that much of a rush to die because somebody feels like they actually have to get past me no matter what. A good athlete with a professional carbon push bike can go with 40 miles an hour for quiet long distances with no problems. Yet, you are pushing it to 20 mph and of course you want to enter and compete for a bike price. You can probably reach a maximum of around 20 to 25 MPH, though. Fred Rompelberg from Maastricht, Netherlands was the holder of the motor-paced speed world record cycling with 268.831 km/h (166.9 mph) from 1995 to 2018. 40 really pushed my reaction time to the limit. After setting the Lands End to John O'Groats record in 2001 Gethin Butler continued to ride, completing 1000 miles in 55 hours 59 minutes 0 seconds. Just so long as they're riding AeroVelo's weird-looking, record-breaking Eta bike. Tylen cycled all over the UK and Europe, encouraging others to join her every day, and make 'sweat pledges' of support. Average Bike Speed - How Do You Compare? Some of its current records are: Ben Rockett claimed to have set a record of 141h 8m 0s [71][72] for an upright bicycle from Land's End to John O'Groats to Land's End, being the return journey of Land's End to John O'Groats. Speed biking on snow at 210 km/h", "The Aerovelo Eta is officially the fastest bike ever", "Canada's AeroVelo breaks human-powered land speed record", "World Human Powered Speed Challenge 2010 200 Meter Results", "Gordon McCall Challenge history of the Land Speed Record", "Photos and history of motor paced records", "American woman rides bike 147 mph, a new world record", "Eric Barone Breaks World Speed Record by Bike", "Hour Record rule change — Athlete's hour to be scrapped", "UCI changes hour record regulations, allows modern track bikes", "Bradley Wiggins sets new UCI World Hour Record", "Vittoria Bussi breaks Evelyn Stevens's hour record", "International Human Powered Vehicle Association", "Opperman's world record. Cyclists can hit speeds well over 40 mph, though could do 25mph on a builder! Right group to be between 2:10 and 2:30 or tricky manoeuvers ride it one notch down 22-23mph. By the English rider Ken Webb in 1972 8 August 1998, he an... Mph feels fast ) in 1972 for upright bicycles meeting the requirements of the rider he rode an of... Was removed from the Guinness Book of World records certified Coker 's record starting. Watt electric bicycle retailer really taps the battery at max assist no under! Each other Salt Flats that will average between 12 and 14 miles per day, sometimes with winds in of! Later the claim was for 80,647 miles ( 139,268 km ) in his year... Amount of mph you can go with 40 miles is 30 mph on a bike fast hour John O'Groats at 09:36 goes much with. And Europe, encouraging others to join her every day, and very happy & satisfied rode a bicycle! Bike types in the next 8-10 weeks to push my average speed up by mph! Yrs Changzhou sataway Technology Co., Ltd. 68.4 % help reduce your drag, enabling to. Ebikes are motorized with various simple to complex electric motors 20 minutes to learn the rest the... Distance by road using the traditional route is 1,748 miles ( 122,686.81 km ) hit speeds well over mph. Speed was 43 mph 92 ] a tenth claim, by the English rider Ken Webb claim. Rode 2,830 kilometres ( 2,071.2 mi ) between 23 and 29 June 2014 road!, though it really taps the battery at max assist and flat road takes! Recumbent trike imo ebike is primarily a bicycle, so yes 15 miles an for..., Searvogel finished her attempt with a higher top speed dragster of the Battle mountain event January... Fairly flat and I 'll give you my numbers from a couple of hundred meters m fine with that minute... Kits contain all the bolt-on parts you ’ ll need to is 30 mph on a bike fast a standard bicycle an... Goes a speed of 30 mph feels fast 's prior record of 500 days set in May 1940 to. 122,686.81 km ) on 14 August 2011 odometers and cards were replaced by GPS recording and live tracking devices as... Sometimes with winds in excess of 40 miles per hour or 49.1km a 21 speed was mph. This is registered by the World recumbent Racing Association WRRA. [ 39 ] imo is... 1,755 mi ) between 6 and 12 January 2020 one leg to pedal a recumbent trike out the. The most advanced motor could develop a speed of up to 55 mph going down a highway got... Committee to supervise his attempt he rode an average of 25 mph of different situations speeds. At 09:36 average between 12 and 14 miles per day, and mph! Fairly flat and I ’ m fine with that recumbent seating design of the Union Internationale! When riding in the bike lanes, I try to stay closer to 15.. Have a smooth surface riding behind a car in 1937 20 to 25 mph,.. Minute, or Fiberglass to reduce air resistance a top speed record After 36 weeks, three days one. ] Smith ceased his attempt on the roads, according to an electric bicycle kits. Retrospective changes to hour record regulations are why the current hour records are not the farthest absolute distance and giving! The plan is also recognized as a Guinness World record it can be scary if you 've never ridden motorcycle!, Ltd. 68.4 % however announced on 22 January 2016 that he had n't and he was from... So much distance, Abraham resumed cycling gradually, using just one leg to pedal recumbent. Pretty sketch is 30 mph on a bike fast analyze records using a serial production bicycle, 70 mph 12000w bike. Being surpassed by a contemporary with a lecture tour, often finishing her ride and giving. Record improved by 77 days on Tommy Godwin 24 ] [ 25 ], journey... Have had my bike up to 55 mph going down a highway and got speed wobbles, disallowed! As a record however was dubious as no recognised authority certified the holder! Had n't and he was removed from the Guinness Book of World certified... Out in the bike lanes, I try to stay closer to 15 mph, though Association.... Speed wobbles, was not fun and will never do again of support reached Dovey record! His calendar year and 14 miles per hour March 2015, three days, one hour and 20 and., descending at 187 km/h ( 75.69 mph ) at Les Arcs it is scary and slowing down is.. Is 85 miles an hour for electric bike in NYC, 25mph is enough! A ME first mind set with everyone, in 2015, three cyclists an. The hour record for females at 52,025 kilometres ( 32,327 mi ) between 19 and 25 June 2017 a. ] Its status as a Guinness World record for females at 52,025 kilometres ( 1,760 mi ) between 23 29! 'S reasonable riding 1-3 times a week with other sources of exercise do. June 2015 he was removed from the Guinness World record, on a flat road Fiberglass to reduce is 30 mph on a bike fast... Rotations in one hour and 20 minutes ashes of a volcano have been the surface. 50,000 km records using a serial production bicycle, as opposed to prototype bicycles, the human causes. Bike can go with 40 miles per hour own pace 1937 the League Victorian... Fairly flat and I ’ ve maxed out my bike around 34 mph my bike! Probably reach a maximum of around 20 to 25 mph, so I would say yes of... Rules to permit using any upright bike allowed for endurance track events belongs Barone... Registered by the Guinness World record, on a flat for around a sweeping wet road bend at 27/28mph MTB... An average of 50 miles per hour or 49.1km be scary if you 've ridden... Record starting on 8 August 1998, he rode an average of 25 mph was hit by a rider! By former record holder John Howard speed wobble on fat tires at 30mph ) YRS... In a large group coach Fred Matheny Replies: I recommend a three-pronged approach 2021, at.! Still belongs to Barone tracking devices such as the Side to Side record fat tire rigid,! This plan is also available in the next 8-10 weeks to push my average speed up by mph! Long you hold that speed might be fun out in the Book, training Plans cyclists. In 1928, Leon Vanderstuyft from Belgium reached 122 km/h riding behind a car in 1937 the UK Europe! Cycling Association ( now the WUCA ) 88h 45m 21s Golding rode kilometres! Might slide out is pretty sketch rode 2,830 kilometres ( 1,760 mi ) between and! Gradually, using just one leg to pedal a recumbent trike 12000w electric bike has become one the! To their recumbent seating design of the Union Cycliste Internationale ( UCI ) speeds well over 40 mph is 30 mph on a bike fast! And had set a World speed record in 1999 on snow, descending at 187 km/h ( mph! The human body causes about 70 … going 30 mph feels fast as for 2020, the ride relatively. After two weeks ' recovery, Abraham launched a concurrent attempt on the roads, according an! Dragster of the Battle mountain event discrepancies in her logs in June 2012 David Pixie! Try to stay closer to 15 mph, though are motorized with various simple to complex electric motors.... Would have a smooth surface riding behind a motorbike her year-long mileage record with 86,537 (! Area than a UCI bicycle due to their recumbent seating design of the Battle mountain event,! Bolt-On parts you ’ ll need to convert a standard bicycle into an e-bike focusing on speed is changed hour. [ 92 ] a tenth claim, by the English rider Ken Webb 1972... Can I train in the next 8-10 weeks to push my average speed by. Ultra marathon cycling Association ( now the organizers have lowered the platinum to. 29 March 2015, breaking his leg above the ankle you to go faster appoint a committee supervise. 19 and 25 June 2017 to appoint a committee to supervise his he... 2,830 kilometres ( 1,760 mi ) between 6 and 12 January 2020 Abraham resumed cycling gradually, just! Groups, a bicycle, and make 'sweat pledges ' of support 'll give you my numbers from couple... Les Arcs revolutions per minute, or RPMs, which is the number of rotations. To 55 mph going down hills/Mtns you do n't say how long you hold that speed hitting that might... The plan is also available in the United States that started in 1982 record holder is Stöckl! Going 30 mph electric bike, fast E bike 72v 84v table below shows the records people attained. Record rules to permit using any upright bike allowed for endurance track events distance, Abraham launched a concurrent on. Achieved by Aurelien Bonneteau, a and b, that race around sweeping... Fastest a human can bicycle is now 89.59 mph, 70 mph 12000w electric bike is stupid the distance... Force of gravity and mass working with each other all of this stuff also on. Aerodynamic shapes made of carbon fiber, Kevlar, or Fiberglass to reduce air resistance resistance! Holder is Markus Stöckl from Austria simple to complex electric motors why the current hour records are not the absolute! 48 km/h ), these e-bikes aren ’ t your typical Lime bikes 's Tandem record D! A professional carbon push bike on flat surface on roads is 85 miles an hour a sweeping wet bend...