Yes, it's only a canvas sky Hanging over a muslin tree But it wouldn't be make-believe if you believed in me Without your love it's a honky-tonk parade Without your love it's a melody played in a penny arcade It's a Barnum & Bailey world Just as phony as it can be But it wouldn't be make-believe if you believed in me You say it's only a paper moon It's Only A Paper Moon by Frank Sinatra - Karaoke Lyrics on Smule. Listen to It's Only A Paper Moon by Various Artists. Watch the video for It's Only a Paper Moon from Ella Fitzgerald's The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Books for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. [CDATA[ Song Details: "It's Only A Paper Moon" is originally a popular song released in 1933, which was composed by Harold Arlen and included lyrics by E.Y. Download song or listen online free, only on JioSaavn. Mais ce ne serait pas fiction. Watch the video for It's Only a Paper Moon from Paul McCartney's Kisses on the Bottom for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. It's Only A Paper Moon. Its Only a Paper Moon - A Streetcar Named Desire “It’s Only a Paper Moon” In Scene Seven, Blanche sings this popular ballad while she bathes. Download song or listen online free, only on JioSaavn. The person in the song is say. … sort form. This song has a bouncy feel to it. View by: Highest Rated; Most Recent; Oldest First +2. [4] It was used in the movie Take a Chance in 1933 when it was sung by June Knight and Charles "Buddy" Rogers. They Can't Take That Away from Me #9. Severely depressed at his serious war wound, Nog retreats into Vic … Paul Whiteman recorded a hit version later that year, featuring Bunny Beriganon trumpet and Peggy Healy on vocals. It is only a paper moon Sailing over a cardboard sea But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me Yes, it's only a canvas sky Hangin' over a muslin tree But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me Without your love It's a honky tonk parade Without your love It's a melody played in a penny arcade It's a Barnum and Bailey world ‘It’s Only A Paper Moon’ was written in 1933 for a Broadway play called The Great Magoo, which was set on New York’s Coney Island. You Call It Madness (But I Call It Love) #6. Listen to It's Only A Paper Moon by Frank Morgan, 155 Shazams. Notes: This is the original Nat King Cole Trio version of "It's Only a Paper Moon," recorded on December 15, 1943. The song’s lyrics describe the way love turns the world into a “phony” fantasy. Somebody Loves Me #11. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. Download It's Only a Paper Moon on Hungama Music app & get access to The Nat King Cole Story unlimited free songs, free movies, latest music videos, online radio, new TV shows and much more at Hungama. I made an easy arrangement without a lot of fills. It is only a paper moon Sailing over a cardboard sea But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me Yes, it's only a canvas sky Hangin' over a muslin tree But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me Without your love It's a honky tonk parade Without your love It's a melody played in a penny arcade It's a Barnum and Bailey world Today is a chord melody to It’s Only A Paper Moon. Nat King Cole recorded a jazz cover version of the song in the 40's, which became very popular. But it wouldn't be make believe. Watch the song video It's Only a Paper Moon. "http":"https";t.getElementById(r)||(n=t.createElement(e),n.id=r,n.src=i+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js",s.parentNode.insertBefore(n,s))}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); Say it's only a paper moonhanging over a cardboard seabut it wouldn't be make-believeif you … He's Funny That Way #7. The Amazon link above brings up many albums with early Nat King Cole Trio versions of "Paper Moon." The play was not a box office success, but the same year the song was recorded for a film, Take A Chance. I never feel a thing is real When I'm away from you Out of your embrace The world's a temporary parking place "[2] The song was written for an unsuccessful 1932 Broadway play called The Great Magoo that was set in Coney Island. Listen to It's Only a Paper Moon by Django Reinhardt. https://www.the-paulmccartney-project.com › song › its-only-a-paper-moon This article is about the 1932 song. He uses a cane, and complains of pain, even though a tricorderscan does not show any nerves firing, leading doctors to conclude it's all … "It's Only a Paper Moon" is a popular song published in 1933 with music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by Yip Harburg and Billy Rose. Its Only A Paper Moon Album has 20 songs sung by Ray Charles, Louis Jordan, Fred Astaire. It's Only a Paper Moon (1933) (traduction en italien) Artiste : Harold Arlen Artiste invité : Frank Sinatra Aussi interprété par : Chet Baker, Nat King Cole, Perry Como, Bing Crosby e molti altri. Directed by Anson Williams. (Edgar Yipsel) Harburg (1896-1981) Performed on these programs: 83 - Over The Rainbow: The Music of Harold Arlen . Full Details. Without your love, it’s a melody played in a penny arcade. Claire Carleton first performed this song on December 2, 1932. Directed by Anson Williams. Lyrics to 'It's Only a Paper Moon' by Harold Arlen. Follow @genius on Twitter for updates General CommentThis is such a pretty song! Follow @genius The song's lasting fame stems from its revival by popular artists during the last years of World War II, with hit recordings being made by Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, and Benny Goodman (vocal by Dottie Reid). //]]>, Sorry, we have to make sure you're a human before we can show you this page. Without your love, it’s a honky-tonk parade. Its Only A Paper Moon is a English album released on Jan 2012. Join Napster and play your favorite music offline. #10. It was used in the movie Take a Chance in 1933 when it was sung by June Knight and Charles "Buddy" Rogers. Say it is only a paper moon Sailing over a cardboard sea, But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me. JazzStandards.com: The premier site for the history and analysis of the standards jazz musicians play the most. It’s Only a Paper Moon Lyrics. It's about wanting love. It's Only A Paper Moon song meanings Add your thoughts 6 Comments. 230.2K. At the end of the play, Stanley takes off the paper lantern and presents it to Blanche. During counseling sessions with Dax in his quarters, Nog is caught up on events on the station, but he doesn't seem too interested. It's Only a Paper Moon #2 (What Can I Say) After I Say I'm Sorry? For the song, please see It's Only a Paper Moon. Ce n'est qu'une lune en papier. or something like that. Say it is only a canvas sky Hanging over a muslin tree, But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me. It's only a paper moon Hanging over a CardBoard Sea But it Wouldn't be Make Believe If You Believe in Me It Is Only a Canvas Sky Hangin over a Muslin Tree But it Wouldn't be Make Believe If You Believe in Me Without Your Love Its a Ho-o-o-nky Tonk Parade Its a melody played on a penny arcade Its a barnum and bailey world just as phony as it can be Composer(s): Harold Arlen (1905-1986) Lyricist(s): Billy Rose E. Y. Chanson : It's Only a Paper Moon (1933) Say, its only a paper moon D7 G Sailing over a cardboard sea G7 C But it wouldn’t be make-believe D7 G If you believed in me G E7 Am Yes, it’s only a canvas sky D7 G Hanging over a muslin tree G7 C But it wouldn’t be make-believe D7 G If you believed in me Am Bm Without your love, it’s a melody played in a … In the aftermath of an injury that left him disabled on AR-558, Nog returns to Deep Space 9, but finds he cannot go on living his uncertain life and seeks shelter within the fictional world of Vic Fontaine and Las Vegas, 1962. Song Year: 1933 . Créez gratuitement votre compte sur Deezer pour écouter Its Only a Paper Moon par Lester Young, et accédez à plus de 56 millions de titres. "Sure you say it's not real, but it can be if you just let me in!" The new version was sung by Peggy Healey, with music by Paul Whiteman. It's Only a Paper Moon (Paris, December 21, 1949) instrumental: Coleman Hawkins: 3:02: 1949: It’s Only a Paper Moon: instrumental: Django Reinhardt: 2:50: 1950-04-24: It's Only a Paper Moon: Frank Sinatra with The George Siravo Orchestra: 1:58: 1950-04-24: It's Only A Paper Moon: Frank Sinatra?:?? What Is This Thing Called Love? Severely depressed at his serious war wound, Nog retreats into Vic Fontaine's holosuite program while the singer tries to help him. With Avery Brooks, Rene Auberjonois, Nicole de Boer, Michael Dorn. Song facts “It’s Only a Paper Moon” is a 1932 song with music written by Harold Arlen and lyrics by Yip Harburg and Billy Rose. Flottant au-dessus d'une mer en carton. From the album "The Indispensable Django Reinhardt (1949-1950)" by Django Reinhardt on Napster. It was originally titled "If You Believed in Me," but later went by the more popular title "It's Only a Paper Moon." Another popular 1933 recording was done by Cliff Edwards.[5]. Song information for It's Only a Paper Moon - Nat King Cole on AllMusic Yes It is only a canvas sky Hanging over a muslin tree, But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me. Without your love, It's a honky-tonk parade. Song Year: 1933 . Without your love, it’s a honky-tonk parade. Harry Nilsson, a friend of The Beatles, recorded ‘It’s Only A Paper Moon’ for his 1973 album of standards A Little Touch Of Schmilsson In The Night.Although it was left off the record, it was included in the 1988 reissue A Touch More Schmilsson In The Night.One other song from the sessions, ‘Always’, was also covered by Paul McCartney for Kisses On The Bottom. Écoutez des chansons intégrales de It's Only A Paper Moon de Nat King Cole sur votre téléphone, ordinateur et système audio personnel avec Napster. #4. The song was written for an unsuccessful 1932 Broadway play called The Great Magoo.Hit recordings by Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald and Benny Goodman transformed this song into a jazz and pop standard. Size 10.0 Source 78 User_cleaned Ed Nuestro User_metadataentered Carol Fusaro User_transferred Carol Fusaro Join Napster and play your favorite music offline. The song was written for an unsuccessful 1932 Broadway play called The Great Magoo that was set in Coney Island. Say, it’s only a paper moon sailing over a cardboard sea But it wouldn’t be make believe if you believed in me. It's Only a Paper Moon Song: Download It's Only a Paper Moon mp3 song from The Nat King Cole Story. !function(t,e,r){var n,s=t.getElementsByTagName(e)[0],i=/^http:/.test(t.location)? The song’s lyrics describe the way love turns the world into a “phony” fantasy. It was part of the Broadway play "The Great Magoo" and also featured in the 1933 film "Take a Chance." Écoutez des chansons intégrales de It's Only a Paper Moon de Dion sur votre téléphone, ordinateur et système audio personnel avec Napster. English music album Mona Lisa. Watch the video for It's Only a Paper Moon from Ella Fitzgerald's The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Books for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. JazzStandards.com: The premier site for the history and analysis of the standards jazz musicians play the most. [6] It is now regarded as a jazz and pop standard, and has been recorded by numerous artists over the years. Once you have the song, it’s time for you to add what ever little tricks or goodies you all ready know. Listen It's Only a Paper Moon mp3 songs free online by Nat King Cole. Yes, it’s only a canvas sky hanging over a muslin tree But it wouldn’t be make believe if you believed in me. With Avery Brooks, Rene Auberjonois, Nicole de Boer, Michael Dorn. (Edgar Yipsel) Harburg (1896-1981) Performed on these programs: 83 - Over The Rainbow: The Music of Harold Arlen . A A. Ce n'est qu'une lune en papier. Yes, it’s only a canvas sky hanging over a muslin tree But it wouldn’t be make believe if you believed in me. Without your love, It's a melody played in a … Alternate Song Name: Paper Moon . Song information for It's Only a Paper Moon - Nat King Cole on AllMusic Without your love, It's a honky-tonk parade. It's Only A Paper Moon. An… Nat King Cole is on vocal and at the piano, Oscar Moore is on guitar and Johnny Miller on, bass. Harburg and Billy Rose. English music album Frank Sinatra. Said it is only a paper moon Lyrics meaning: Te di sa se sèlman yon papye lalin Sailing over a cardboard sea Lyrics meaning: Vwayaje sou lanmè en yon But it wouldn't be make believe Lyrics meaning: Men, li pa ka fè kwè ke If you believed in me Lyrics meaning: Si nou te kwè nan mwen Say it is only a canvas sky Said it is only a paper moon Sailing over a cardboard sea, But it wouldn't be make believe If you believed in me. Without your love, It's a melody played in a penny arcade. 78_its-only-a-paper-moon_jess-stacy-and-his-orchestra-lee-wiley-harburg-rose-arlen_gbia0114383b Location USA Scanner Internet Archive Python library 1.7.7 Scanningcenter George Blood, L.P. Say, it's only a paper moon Sailing over a cardboard sea But it wouldn't be make-believe If you believed in me Yes, it's only a canvas sky Hanging over a muslin tree But it wouldn't be make-believe If you believed in me Without your love It's a honky-tonk parade Without your love It's a melody played in a penny arcade It's a Barnum and Bailey world A paper world cloaking reality also appears in the song “ Paper Moon.” While Stanley tells Stella about Blanche’s sordid history, Blanche sings this saccharine popular song about a paper world that becomes a reality through love. This way you can achieve the song without any hassles of embellishments to hold you up. Lyrics to 'It's Only a Paper Moon' by Ella Fitzgerald: Say, it's only a paper moon Sailing over a cardboard sea But it wouldn't be make-believe If you believed in me It's Only A Paper Moon (traduction en français) Artiste : Nat King Cole; Chanson : It's Only A Paper Moon 7 traductions; Traductions : allemand, croate, espagnol, français, italien, japonais, néerlandais traduction en français français. It's Only A Paper Moon song by Nat 'King' Cole now on JioSaavn. Watch the video for It's Only a Paper Moon from Paul McCartney's Kisses on the Bottom for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. It's Only A Paper Moon song by Frank Sinatra now on JioSaavn. Its Only a Paper Moon - A Streetcar Named Desire “It’s Only a Paper Moon” In Scene Seven, Blanche sings this popular ballad while she bathes. From the album "Great Big Band Singers - 25 Song Collection" by Billy Williams on Napster For the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode, see, It's Only a Paper Moon (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), "Original versions of If You Believed in Me by Claire Carleton", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=It%27s_Only_a_Paper_Moon&oldid=1000859638, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz work identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 17 January 2021, at 02:23. [3] Claire Carleton first performed this song on December 2, 1932. Say, it’s only a paper moon sailing over a cardboard sea But it wouldn’t be make believe if you believed in me. Listen to all songs in high quality & download Its Only A Paper Moon songs on Gaana.com. //