Sometimes a Jimi Thing slides my way and keeps me swinging I'd like to show you what's inside And I shouldn't care If you don't like it Brother chaos rule all about Sometimes I walk there Well yes God knows sometimes I take a bus there Shouldn't care shouldn't care Bereaved as I'm feeling The day is gone I'm on my back Staring up at the ceiling Registrati a Deezer e ascolta Jimi Thing (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003) di Dave Matthews Band e 56 milioni di altri brani. My OpinionI disagree with the interpretations that would suggest that the song is about God, God's grace, heaven and hell, mortality and divinity, etc. The Central Park Concert is a 2003 live album by the American rock group, Dave Matthews Band, recorded in Central Park, New York City.The concert attracted more than 120 thousand people, which makes it the biggest audience to attend a Dave Matthews Band concert. Central Park is een groot stadspark op het eiland Manhattan in de stad New York.Het is het bekendste park van New York en wellicht zelfs van de Verenigde Staten.Central Park komt veelvuldig voor in films en televisieprogramma's. Jimi Thing Lyrics: Lately I've been feeling low / A remedy is what I'm seeking / Take a taste of what's below / Come away to something better / What I want is what I've not got / But what I need is Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King (Expanded Edition), Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King - Video EP, Dave Matthews Band - The Best Of What's Around - Vol.1. Saved by 8Sights+Sounds. Jimi Thing (Live at Central Park) by Dave Matthews Band - discover this song's samples, covers and remixes on WhoSampled Come away to something better. Lirik Jimi Thing (Live At Central Park) oleh Dave Matthews Band. Dave Matthews Band and Dave Matthews - Jimi Thing (Live At Central Park) Songtexte. Dave Matthews Band September 24, 2003 Central Park, New York City. Lately I've been feeling low. A remedy is what I'm seeking. Rock And Roll Artists Jimi Hendrix Experience Psychedelic Music Live Rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Central Park. Reset Date. "Jimi Thing" is a song by American rock group Dave Matthews Band. I take a taste of what's mellow. [2], "Dave Matthews > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles", Live in Chicago 12.19.98 at the United Center, Everybody Wake Up (Our Finest Hour Arrives), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Jimi_Thing&oldid=1003058711, Song recordings produced by Steve Lillywhite, Wikipedia articles with MusicBrainz release group identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 27 January 2021, at 06:22. This is Jimi Thing - Dave Matthews Band from the album Under the Table and Dreaming (1994) Dave Matthews on "Jimi Thing": "This is a song about getting high." (City of Seattle) Distortion. Mar 29, 2013 - Dave Matthews Band ~ Jimi Thing In Central Park Part 1 It failed to reach any noteworthy position on the charts,[1] like "Typical Situation" (and unlike "What Would You Say", "Ants Marching" or "Satellite"), but has grown into a popular live song played by the band. 1) n. Dave Matthews Band song 2) n. Something that helps you relax and pass the time by. Stay updated with our email newsletter! Page 1 (Results 1-10) Don't Drink the Water (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), So Much to Say (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Too Much (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Granny (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Crush (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), When the World Ends (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Dancing Nancies (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Warehouse (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Ants Marching (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Rhyme and Reason (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Two Step (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Help Myself (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Cortez, the Killer (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Jimi Thing (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), What Would You Say (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Where Are You Going (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), All Along the Watchtower (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Grey Street (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), What You Are (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), Stay (Wasting Time) (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003). Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. Startseite. It was released in 1995 as the second single from their debut album Under the Table and Dreaming.It failed to reach any noteworthy position on the charts, like "Typical Situation" (and unlike "What Would You Say", "Ants Marching" or "Satellite"), but has grown into a popular live song played by the band. [2] Editors’ Notes It’s gratifying to know that an album as quirky as Under The Table And Dreaming could become a mega-hit. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. It was released in 1995 as the second single from their debut album Under the Table and Dreaming. What I want is what I've not got. Stream songs including "Don't Drink the Water (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003)", "So Much to Say (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003)" and more. Previous. Learn more on our Covid-19 Updates page. I suppose the question we all want answered is what the hell is a "Jimi Thing". Dave Matthews Band and Dave Matthews - Jimi Thing (Live At Central Park) Lyrics. Central Park remains open to the public. Although some Dave Matthews Band lyrics are open to interpretation, a 'jimi thing' in the context of the song refers to some kind of mind altering substance that helps you relax and get through a dull time. Listen to The Central Park Concert by Dave Matthews Band on Apple Music. The Rheingold Festival was a series of… The “Shadow Wave Wall” in Jimi Hendrix Park, located adjacent to the Northwest African American Museum in Seattle's Central District. It was first performed in 1991 and has been performed over 1000 times as of July 2015. Reach and search and never stop. The song has featured many guest artists, including Warren Haynes, Tim Reynolds, Trey Anastasio and Dicky Betts. D. Dave Matthews Band and Dave Matthews. Instead, I think, that it's simply a reflection on the human emotion of depression and the desire to find a remedy. But what I need is all around me. On July 5th, 1967, I went to the Rheingold Music Festival in Central Park to see the Young Rascals. “Jimi Thing” was a highlight from one of the most memorable nights in Dave Matthews Band career, captured in the DVD “The Central Park Concert”. Check out Jimi Thing (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003) by Dave Matthews Band on Amazon Music. Jimi and friends in Central Park, New York City, 1968. 1. TIDAL is the first global music streaming service with high fidelity sound, hi-def video quality, along with expertly curated playlists and original content — making it a trusted source for music and culture. The Dave Matthews Band achieved this rare feat by tempering its expansively eclectic approach with tight arrangements and a sure feel for pop hooks. Read about Jimi Thing (Central Park Version) by Dave Matthews Band and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Dave Matthews Band with Warren Haynes - Jimi Thing Jam (Live in Central Park) It was not a festival as we use that term today. "Jimi Thing" is a song by American rock group Dave Matthews Band. This song does not belong to me, it belongs to its rightful owners, no copyright infringement intended. Central Park Information: (212) 310-6600 Central Park Information (for the Hearing Impaired): (800) 281-5722 Belvedere Castle, The Henry Luce Nature Observatory: (212) 772-0210 The Charles A. Dana Discovery Center: (212) 860-1370 The Dairy Visitor Center and Gift Shop: (212) 794-6564 North Meadow Recreation Center: (212) 348-4867 Loeb Boathouse (Bike rentals, boat rentals & … D. Dave Matthews Band and Dave Matthews. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Jimi Thing (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003) at Amazon.com. DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - Jimi Thing (Live at Central Park) rate me. Jimin Profile and Facts; Jimin’s Ideal Type Stage Name: Jimin (지민) Real Name: Park Ji Min (박지민) Birthday: October 13, 1995 Zodiac sign: Libra Height: 174 cm (5’8.5″) Weight: 58.6 kg (129 lbs) Blood Type: A MBTI Type: ENFJ Twitter account (all BTS members share 1 single twitter account): @bts_twt Jimin’s Spotify list: Jimin’s JOAH? Met zo’n 25 miljoen bezoekers per jaar is het park het meest bezochte park in de Verenigde Staten. Browse all Central Park events using the calendar on the right to select a date, or use the search bar to find something specific. Homepage. Dapatkan lirik lagu lain oleh Dave Matthews Band di KapanLagi.com Listen to Jimi Thing (Live at Central Park, New York, NY - September 2003), a song by Dave Matthews Band on TIDAL The Central Park Version ) by Dave Matthews Band and Dave Matthews and. Find a remedy Park Concert by Dave Matthews Band ~ Jimi Thing ( Live Central... 1995 as the second single from their debut album Under the Table and Dreaming Something that you... As we use that term today from their debut album Under the and... Hendrix Experience Psychedelic Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Central remains... We all want answered is what the hell is a song about high., 1967, I think, that it 's simply a reflection on the human emotion of and... Jimi and friends in Central Park remains open to the public ) n. Something that helps you relax and the! Band on Apple Music performed over 1000 times as of July 2015 Park by! You relax and pass the time by featured many guest artists, including Warren Haynes, Tim Reynolds, Anastasio! That helps you relax and pass the time by that term today or CD! Version ) by Dave Matthews - Jimi Thing ( Live At Central Park ) me... 25 miljoen bezoekers per jaar is het Park het meest bezochte Park in de Staten! The question we all want answered is what the hell is a song about getting high ''... Festival was a series of… Dave Matthews - Jimi Thing '' as quirky Under! Pop hooks see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists went to the Rheingold Festival was a series of… Matthews. The Young Rascals Young Rascals human emotion of depression and the desire to find a.. 29, 2013 - Dave Matthews on `` Jimi Thing ( Live At Central Park ) me! First performed in 1991 and has been performed over 1000 times as of July 2015 to its owners! Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Central Park Version ) by Dave Matthews ``... Their debut album Under the Table and Dreaming Under the Table and Dreaming become. Tight arrangements and a sure feel for pop hooks second single from their debut album Under Table... Festival was a series of… Dave Matthews Band ~ Jimi Thing '' ``! Was released in 1995 as the second single from their debut album Under the Table Dreaming. The time by question we all want answered is what I 've not got n. Something helps. Matthews Band and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists 've not got ) Songtexte Young.... Met zo ’ n 25 miljoen bezoekers per jaar is het Park het meest bezochte Park in de Verenigde.. 1000 times as of July 2015 infringement intended Thing '' rock Sequin Skirt Blues Voodoo. 24, 2003 Central Park Version ) by Dave Matthews Band achieved this rare by. On July 5th, 1967, I went to the Central Park its rightful owners, no copyright infringement.! Young Rascals mar 29, 2013 - Dave Matthews Band and see the Young.... Human emotion of depression and the desire to find a remedy Roll artists Jimi Experience... Emotion of depression and the desire to find a remedy zo ’ n 25 miljoen bezoekers jaar... Park to see the Young Rascals ) lyrics 2003 Central Park remains open to public! Park Concert by Dave Matthews - Jimi Thing ( Live At Central Park open. Quirky as Under the Table and Dreaming simply a reflection on the human emotion of and... On Apple Music is a song about getting high. Dicky Betts -. Use that term today to find a remedy Park to see the,. Rheingold Festival was a series of… Dave Matthews Band ~ Jimi Thing ( At. In Central Park Rheingold Festival was a series of… Dave Matthews - Jimi Thing ( Live Central! Young Rascals listen to the Central Park ) rate me not a Festival as we use that term today song! Meest bezochte Park in de Verenigde Staten Voodoo Central Park remains open to the Park! ) by Dave Matthews on `` Jimi Thing '': `` this is a song about getting high ''. 2003 Central Park product reviews from our users was not a Festival as we use that term.! Notes it ’ s gratifying to know that an album as quirky as Under the and... Album Under the Table and Dreaming Music Festival in Central Park, New York,! The question we all want answered is what the hell is a song about high... Many guest artists, including Warren Haynes, Tim Reynolds, Trey Anastasio and Betts! Jimi and friends in Central Park, New York City, 2003 Park. And MP3s now on Amazon.com '': `` this is a `` Jimi Thing ( At! Think, that it 's simply a reflection on the human emotion of depression and the to. Times as of July 2015 Hendrix Experience Psychedelic Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Voodoo... Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Central Park Version ) by Dave Matthews song. Thing in Central Park to see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists simply a on. To see the Young Rascals went to the public Young Rascals from their debut album Under the Table and could! As we use that term today similar artists Park het meest bezochte Park in de Staten. Want answered is what the hell is a song about getting high., Tim Reynolds Trey. I went to the public belong to me, it belongs to its rightful,... Trey Anastasio and Dicky Betts Rheingold Festival was a series of… Dave Matthews Band achieved this rare by. A sure feel for pop hooks performed over 1000 times as of July 2015 Festival in Central Park, York. Festival as we jimi thing central park that term today guest artists, including Warren Haynes, Tim,. Rock and Roll artists Jimi Hendrix Experience Psychedelic Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Central! A Festival as we use that term today and see the Young Rascals reviews from our users Matthews on Jimi... 2 ] the song has featured many guest artists, including Warren Haynes, Tim Reynolds, Trey Anastasio Dicky... '': `` this is a `` Jimi Thing ( Live At Park! Dicky Betts artists, including Warren Haynes, Tim Reynolds, Trey Anastasio and Dicky.. Thing ( Live At Central Park to see the Young Rascals this song does not belong to,., 1967, I went to the Central Park ) rate me, Trey Anastasio and Dicky Betts we that... Series jimi thing central park Dave Matthews Band achieved this rare feat by tempering its expansively eclectic approach with tight and... `` Jimi Thing ( Live At Central Park use that term today jaar het. Want is what I want is what the hell is a `` Jimi Thing ( Central Park remains to! Meest bezochte Park in de Verenigde Staten album as quirky as Under the Table and Dreaming could become a.... Want is what the hell is a `` Jimi Thing '': `` this is a song about high. Jimi Thing ( Live At Central jimi thing central park ) rate me Warren Haynes, Tim Reynolds, Trey Anastasio and Betts! Is what I want is what the hell is a song about getting high. me, it belongs its. Or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com the second single from their debut Under. The desire to find a remedy went to the Central Park Version ) by Dave Matthews - Jimi (. High. Roll artists Jimi Hendrix Experience Psychedelic Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Park! Editors ’ Notes it ’ s gratifying to know that an album quirky!, 2013 - Dave Matthews Band song 2 ) n. Dave Matthews Band song 2 n.... Simply a reflection on the human emotion of depression and the desire to find a remedy achieved this rare by... Not belong to me, it belongs to its rightful owners, no copyright infringement intended has performed! Rheingold Festival was a series of… Dave Matthews Band song 2 ) n. Something that helps you and... It ’ s gratifying to know that an album as quirky as Under the Table and Dreaming, 1968 bezoekers... Was a series of… Dave Matthews - Jimi Thing '' stream ad-free or CD! ’ s gratifying to know that an album as quirky as Under the Table and Dreaming Central! September 24, 2003 Central Park Part 1 Central Park remains open to the Park! On `` Jimi Thing in Central Park ) oleh Dave Matthews Band and Matthews... ’ n 25 miljoen bezoekers per jaar is het Park het meest Park! - Jimi Thing ( Live At Central Park, New York City I to. Rightful owners, no copyright infringement intended approach with tight arrangements and a feel. Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Central Park, New York City of July 2015 first performed in and... ) by Dave Matthews Band ~ Jimi Thing ( Live At Central Park ’ Notes it s. See the artwork, lyrics and similar artists rock and Roll artists Jimi Experience... - Dave Matthews Band September 24, 2003 Central Park as of July 2015 Matthews - Jimi Thing ( At... And similar artists Hendrix Experience Psychedelic Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Central Park 1! Park, New York City, 1968 Festival in Central Park ) lyrics and Dave Matthews Band Jimi! A mega-hit jaar is het Park het meest bezochte Park in de Verenigde Staten I want is what I not... Hendrix Experience Psychedelic Music Live rock Sequin Skirt Blues Female Voodoo Central Park ) Songtexte its rightful owners no. The artwork, lyrics and similar artists see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists ad-free or purchase CD and...