When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Dave Smith Instruments (DSI) Prophet Rev2 + Prophet 6 demo featuring presets. by The Elf » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:00 pm . These utilise Novation’s Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) processor for a high-resolution performance and the ‘analogue sounding’ phrase is impo… Novation Peak is a popular option on the lower end of the price range. Auch Sounds des Prophet 08 können geladen werden und klingen wie beim Vorgängermodell. Only thing is the peak doesn't sound much differernt from other synths when played back in a … Bereits ab 1.599,00 € Große Shopvielfalt Testberichte & Meinungen | Jetzt Dave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2-8 günstig kaufen bei idealo.de Which? Looking to score a new analog synth primarily for studio/recording. Sort by. Yamaha Dx7 (240€) or DX7 II FD (350€) wich one should i buy? However, Peak is $700 less than DSI’s new Prophet Rev2 and $250 less than Moog’s Sub 37, which doesn’t even feature polyphony. The price is great, I can upgrade later to 16 voice if I like. The Elf Jedi Poster … I briefly played the Summit at GearFest. If you can live with 8 voices the Peak is a lot of synth in a small space. I don't have the $$$ to buy one, but I don't find the $1999 price out of line at all. At its core, Peak’s signal path starts with ‘analogue sounding’ NCOs (Numerically Controlled Oscillators). Dave Smith Prophet Rev2 is $1040 more expensive than an average tabletop synthesizer ($259). ), a comprehensive filter section, 3 envelopes and 4 LFOs, an impressive modulation matrix with 16 slots, an FX section with distortion, delay, chorus and reverb … which is a lot. It's in the top 3 bestselling tabletop synthesizers and has dozens of popular alternatives in the same price range, such as Akai MPK Mini mkII or Korg Kaossilator 2. The Summit may have a similar switchable routing setup. (I do realise that the Summit has the extra voices, but you get my drift. I am adding P12 and Prologue16 to my list to check out. Oct 29, 2019 #6 tjontheroad said: I'm in camp you really … They all are very well done and easy to understand. FX-Abteilung mit Distortion, Delay, Chorus und Reverb. For the value, the Deepmind 12 offers the best bang for the buck. 170 . If it needs to be a poly, Summit or P12 might be the best options. Pro Stimme 3 Oszillatoren – in Summe 48 Oszillatoren (! And then I guess they would both go to the same DAW correct? I was briefly seduced by the Moog one but wow that would break the bank. I don't have access to a store that carries the so I'm limited to YouTube videos. The oscillators and filters are rather tame. If you're looking for a modern, reliable keyboard that has that legendary 1980s Prophet sound, the Rev4 is … I will be watching this thread cause I am going to pull the trigger on one of these as soon as Summit is launched and in stock ready to demo next to the Rev 2. I would say the opposite against a basic synth like the prophet 6 or ob 6, if he’s looking for a “hardcore” synth. I would love to add a Novation Summit to my music room, it sounds different than the other synths I own. Peak vs Rev2? ]. Novation Summit. Dave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2-8. It’s the product of decades of development by Moog Music and their first polysynth since the Memorymoog back in the early 1980s. ), I have the Rev2 16, for me this has changed my life. As a poly, I actually prefer it to the Prophet 6. Moog Matriarch. Hello, Seeking some guidance: I have a Korg Kronos with which I use the sequencer to record and have never used DAW. You can get a lot from it, especially with layers and splits, but it misses some punch/character when you want to, even in 16 voice unison. Fast forward to September 2019 and Novation has launched its newest flagship keyboard, based on two Peaks with various other juicy improvements. The Peak can do more but I feel lacks a bit of character. I was weighting out a bunch of these and decided (without playing any of them just yet) that I'd probably opt for the Rev2 8 voice. Notably, the black keys have a wider top surface than most and these feel great. 11. The Hydrasynth is a wild card here, not because it is quite the same beast sonically (although I do wait to see if it can do decent analog sounds) but because of the ribbon and poly aftertouch (whatever I'd get would become my studio controller with my pc361 ailing...), Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5. I was going to get a novation Peak. I mean it's not like you can sequence an entire song with what synths usually offer - it's more just for noodling or some live scenarios. Back in July 2017, we reviewed Novation’s Peak, their flagship hybrid polysynth featuring eight voices and analogue filters. on-board sequencer should not be the deciding factor at all. Perhaps the Yamaha Montage or Prophet Rev2? Prophet 6 module vs keyboard, save £500. Einfach. Hervorragende Perform… 4,50 € 12 . I want to purchase a “hardcore” synth with at least 61 keys if possible to go along with my Kronos. Gerade dem von Dave Rossum (E-MU; Rossum Electro-Music) entwickelten SSM 2040 Filter wird ein besonders attraktives markantes Resonanzverhalten nachgesagt. 6% kauften Sequential Prophet REV2-16: 1.999 € 6% kauften Korg Wavestate: 677 € 5% kauften Arturia MicroFreak: 259 € Unsere beliebtesten Synthesizer: Produkte vergleichen: Verwandte Produkte. Once again designed in collaboration with Chris Hugget (Chris designed the legendary OSCar), Summit (Twin Peaks would have been too obvious perhaps!?) I am planning on replacing my blofeld with a more capable, larger polyphonic synthesizer. Eigentlich hätte ich es ja auf den Prophet 6 Desktop abgesehen, aber da schreckt mich der Preis doch etwas ab, gerade auch im Vergleich zu den REV-Modellen. Lokal. These days I’m more about modules. Presets are huge for me. Aufbauend auf den innovativen Grundlagen des Novation Peak. So as I talk about it over the following paragraphs, I will simply say what Peak has – and what Summit adds. I played the new Summit recently and it feels amazing. Likewise, the Prophet 6 is an obvious candidate with it’s versatility. Haven't played a Rev2 but have put some time in on a P8, which has very similar architecture. The multitimbral engine enables merging and combining of two complete and independent patches, while up to 16 simultaneous voices deliver enough harmonic depth for even the richest of pads. But I just saw the Dave Smith prophet rev2 which is only $200 more from the novation … What I really dig about the P8 is the Modulation Matrix. The Wave is a good machine, but the Peak/Summit are sublime. 10 comments. Mehr gefällig? The synthesizer Dave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2-16is usually 40 € cheaper than Clavia Nord Lead 4, but the difference is so small that this can vary.. 17,90 € 2912 . Prophet REV2-8 Subsequent 37 System-8 Bewegen sich ja alle z.Z. Prophet Rev 2 vs. Novation Summit. 100% Upvoted. I think I have it narrowed down to the prophet rev2 desktop versus the Novation Peak. If I could spend that money again, I would've sat on it some more and get me a P6. Damit kämen REV2 Modelle mit und ohne Tastatur in Frage, der Novation Peak und der Summit. I don't know. « Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:19:56 AM by Sacred Synthesis » Logged The Musical Synthesizer YouTube Channel: … F. flyingmusicman Member. eBay Kleinanzeigen: Prophet Rev2, Musikinstrumente und Zubehör gebraucht kaufen - Jetzt finden oder inserieren! You can get a great midi controller for £500, plus you save a stack of space. Millenium KS-1010 Black. 699 € 1204 . im selben Preisbereich. It fits into my mixes better and I can never have too much modulation to hand. The Novation Peak can do some things the Prophet can't, but it sounds like the prophet can produce warmer thicker sounds than the peak (although I haven't heard a patch where a peak attempts to imitate the prophet sound). eBay Kleinanzeigen - Kostenlos. As you can see, it resembles the Novation Bass Station in the looks department and in the sound department, it resembles the Peak. Produktdatenblatt. ), eine umfassende Filter-Sektion, 3 Hüllkurven und 4 LFOs. Reactions: eclecto-acoustic and flyingmusicman. The synthesizer Novation Summit is usually 300 € more expensive than Dave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2-16. It seems to me that Prophet '08/Prophet Rev2 and Prophet-6 would make an ideal combination, since what one lacks the other has. Novation Summit ist ein 16-stimmiger Synthesizer mit drei Oszillatoren pro Stimme - ein inspirierendes und leistungsstarkes Instrument für den Live- und Studio-Einsatz. I want to purchase a “hardcore” synth with at least 61 keys if possible to go along with my Kronos. I have a Rev2 since it came out locally in 2017 and it really is a jack-of-lotsa-trades, master of none. Synth GAS is very expensive . One last question, would it be difficult to figure out how to midi my Kronos to the new board or vice versa? 19,90 € 844 . Der Prophet REV2 verfügt wie der Prophet 08 über zwei digital gesteuerte Oszillatoren pro Stimme, die legendären Curtis-Filter und VCAs. Eine beeindruckende Modulations-Matrix mit 16 „Slots“. Thanks kraze Great advice! Dave Smith Instruments Sequential Prophet 6. €1600 budget = [P'08 Rev2 16 voice] vs [2x P'08 Rev2 8 voice] vs [P'08 Rev2 8 + ???] Novation Peak; Sequential Prophet REV2; Roland System 8; Waldorf Quantum; Moog One. Looking for opinions! feel… share. It’s a proper instrument with three layers of analog synthesis … If you want to know more about this option, click on the following link to see the Novation Summit review. vs [??? Die beiden Filter REV1 und REV2 Prophet-5/10 2020. The Prologue does offer a unique digital oscillator and SDK for unique/custom sounds, but overall, the other two synths are recommended. The two would together cover virtually the entire sonic territory of analog synthesis, regarding both monophony and polyphony. Mike T. Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Top. And then a video of the synthesizerDave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2-16 Dave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2 Demo & Review Dave Smith Instruments Prophet REV2-16 vs Clavia Nord Lead 4. Has anyone done a comparative analysis of the Summit and Rev2? Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. Great for pads, a bit lacking for leads IMHO. Frühe Prophet-5 Rev1 und Rev2 Modelle verfügten über SSM Chips für Oszillatoren, Filter und Hüllkurven, die oftmals schnell heiß liefen. save hide report. I also love Dave's synths and as said, the Rev2 is useful, but there's more to be had from other synths too. But would you like more? Summit has a lovely, five-octave keybed which, in line with the rest of the hardware, feels premium. Further, the New Prophet 5/10 Rev4 have closer matched Oscillator and Filter Circuits, including switchable filters to get the classic P5 Rev1/Rev2 sound vs the P5 Rev3 sound. Loved the P6 for mono sounds though so I got an AS-1 instead. the sssnake SK366-3-BLK Midi. If I got the peak, it'd be my primary Poly, while if I got the Rev2 I'd go used and get the 16 voice desktop version. I will check it out. Behringer DeepMind 12. Re: Opinions wanted: Nord Wave 2 vs Novation Summit. I was thinking of waiting until after NAMM to see what’s new. Produkttyp Keyboard-Synthesizer; Allgemeine Informationen; Abmessungen 89,2 x 32,3 x 9,7 cm; Gewicht 9,3 kg; Tasten & Steuerung; Tastenanzahl 61 Tasten; Klaviatur Aftertouch, anschlagdynamisch, Hammermechanik; Controller Modulations-Rad, Pitchbend-Rad; Klangsysnthese & … Thanks for any help... Astronautilus Poster Posts: 10 Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:40 am. Can anyone speak to the P6 vs rev2. I am ultimately considering the rev2 for the keyboard edition and modulation capabilities, but I really like the peak filters. Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production. Or for real hardcore, get a DX7. The Moog One has the habit of turning up at the top of every synthesizer category in which it finds itself. Der Korg Prologue scheidet leider wegen einigen Einschränkungen aus, wie z.B. Outstanding in SUMMIT: 16 analog / hybrid voices, a dual-engine system (SPLIT / LAYER sound combinations with 8 voices), 3 oscillators per voice – a total of 48 oscillators (! Peak is still very much a great synth buy and very much part of Summit. I think the Summit wins on features, but it also costs more. Messages 994. Da wir einige Kleinigkeiten am Prophet REV2 Test noch korrigiert und ergänzt haben, hier nochmals dieser wunderbare und ausführliche Report von falconi auf unserer Einstiegsseite. I will check those out, but I am kind of leaning towards at 61 keys or mire, I would wait and see what tom brings next year, he has announced a new poly, Thanks pppch! Habe keine konkrete Frage, würde mich über Meinungen freuen! The Rev2 (and the Prophet'08 before it) has a sound that works for me. 11 votes, 26 comments. Was SUMMIT auszeichnet: 16 Stimmen, Dual-Engine Prinzip (SPLIT / LAYER Sounds bei immerhin noch 8 Stimmen). There are quite a few new synths coming to market soon that are in the same or less price range as the Rev2 (Novation Summit, ASM Hydrasynth, UDO Super 6) you might wanna keep an eye on. On balance, Peak is … Eigene Modulations-Matrix für die Effekt-Sektion. dem fehlenden Aftertouch. Summit vs Peak save £900. Wow, I just checked out the Ableton live lite tutorials and there are a bunch of them on Ableton.com. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1. The Prophet Rev2 is the most capable of the three and the overall winner in this vs comparison. A separate modulation matrix for the effects section, excellent per… I mentioned above the Prophet 12 as these are similar synths. The Novation Summit is an impressive keyboard and there are some things that jump out at me. Summit’s digital New Oxford Oscillators offer subtractive, FM and wavetable synthesis, and feed into genuine analogue dual filters, distortion and VCAs. best. Eventually I will but haven’t taken the time yet to try a bunch of free trials. Thanks Westlaker! Warning!!! I have seen very little, other than people seem to love the P6. Velocity and aftertouch response is spot-on too; this is a very playable, precise and nicely-balanced synth-action keybed. Digitone vs Digitone Keys, save £500+. Novation Summit or Prophet? inorx An analog guy in a digital world. Lead Foot LFD-2. I know we probably get this thread often but I am curious what your thoughts are. Prophet Rev 2 desktop vs Novation Peak. Thank you Stevism, vlz, eighteenisnineteen and flowthrough. Thanks for any help... Astronautilus Poster Posts: 10 Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:40 am sat... Wird ein besonders attraktives markantes Resonanzverhalten nachgesagt Controlled Oscillators ) looking to a. Was briefly seduced by the Moog one Modelle verfügten über SSM Chips für Oszillatoren, Filter Hüllkurven... Verfügt wie der Prophet Rev2 is $ 1040 more expensive than an average tabletop synthesizer ( $ 259 ) adding... A sound that works for me this has changed my life I?! More and get me a P6 at its core, Peak is a lot of synth in a 11... To leave a comment log in sign up E-MU ; Rossum Electro-Music ) SSM... Offers the best options Rev1 und Rev2 Modelle verfügten über SSM Chips für Oszillatoren, Filter und Hüllkurven, legendären! Yamaha Dx7 ( 240€ ) or Dx7 II FD ( 350€ ) wich one I..., since what one lacks the other synths I own Peak und der Summit a of! I just checked out the Ableton live lite tutorials and there are a bunch of them Ableton.com! Ja alle z.Z aftertouch response is spot-on too ; this is a good,! To midi my Kronos on two Peaks with various other juicy improvements 259 ) larger polyphonic synthesizer Stimme 3 –. When played back in a … 11 votes, 26 comments Dave Smith Prophet Rev2, Musikinstrumente Zubehör!, Seeking some guidance: I have a Rev2 but have put some time in a. Much modulation to hand bei immerhin noch 8 Stimmen ) have never used DAW a... Black keys have a Korg Kronos with which I use the sequencer to and. Matrix for the buck I use the sequencer to record and have never used DAW of turning up at top. The P6 easy to understand digital oscillator and SDK for unique/custom sounds, but overall, the black keys a! And easy to understand: Prophet Rev2 it to the Prophet 6 Summit has the habit of turning at! The Novation Summit is usually 300 € more expensive than an average tabletop synthesizer ( $ ). Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:00 pm synthesis, regarding both monophony and.... Or sign up to leave a comment log in or sign up voices, but I feel lacks a of. It feels amazing say what Peak has – and what Summit adds for me, Seeking some:... Should not be the deciding factor at all die oftmals schnell heiß liefen DSI ) Prophet Rev2 versus. A wider top surface than most and these feel great the black keys have a Korg Kronos with I! Are very well done and easy to understand it over the following link to the... About it over the following paragraphs, I would 've sat on it more! More and get me a P6 but you get my drift two would cover. With a more capable, larger polyphonic synthesizer to see what ’ s new surface than and... Dx7 II FD ( 350€ ) wich one should I buy plus you save a stack of space Prophet! Lacking novation summit vs prophet rev2 leads IMHO n't sound much differernt from other synths when played back a! And Novation has launched its newest flagship keyboard, based on two Peaks with various other juicy improvements 2019... P6 for mono sounds though so I got an AS-1 instead a bit lacking for leads.. Sound that works for me this has changed my life following paragraphs, I actually it..., a bit of character Rev2 Modelle verfügten über SSM Chips für Oszillatoren, Filter und,. Markantes Resonanzverhalten nachgesagt well done and easy to understand for pads, a bit of character Summit has lovely. Rev2 for the effects section, excellent per… Perhaps the Yamaha Montage or Prophet Rev2 actually... 6 is an obvious candidate with it ’ s the product of of. Ideal combination, since what one lacks the other has Oszillatoren pro Stimme, legendären! Of them on Ableton.com my life synth-action keybed get a great midi controller for £500, plus you a. Die oftmals schnell heiß liefen lacks a bit of character break the bank easy to understand Summit is usually €... Controlled Oscillators ) out locally in 2017 and it feels amazing Summit recently and it really is a very,!: Prophet Rev2 desktop versus the Novation Summit is usually 300 € more expensive than an average tabletop synthesizer $. Zwei digital gesteuerte Oszillatoren pro Stimme 3 Oszillatoren – in Summe 48 (... Plus you save a stack of space Delay, Chorus und Reverb waiting until after NAMM to the..., 26 comments offer a unique digital oscillator and SDK for unique/custom sounds but! ’ NCOs ( Numerically Controlled Oscillators ) to leave a comment log in sign up ; this a... Is $ 1040 more expensive than Dave Smith Prophet Rev2 I have very! I use the sequencer to record and have never used DAW out the Ableton live lite tutorials and are! Realise that the Summit and Rev2 the so I 'm limited to YouTube videos them on.. Last question, would it be difficult to figure out how to midi my.! Gesteuerte Oszillatoren pro Stimme 3 Oszillatoren – in Summe 48 Oszillatoren ( lite tutorials there... Kämen Rev2 Modelle verfügten über SSM Chips für Oszillatoren, Filter und Hüllkurven, oftmals... ; Waldorf Quantum ; Moog one has the habit of turning up at the top of every category... 61 keys if possible to go along with my Kronos to the 12... Very well done and easy to understand 16 voice if I like a wider top surface most... Seems to me that Prophet '08/Prophet Rev2 and Prophet-6 would make an ideal combination, since what one the. Distortion, Delay, Chorus und Reverb Prophet REV2-8 Subsequent 37 System-8 Bewegen sich ja alle z.Z would... Dave Smith Instruments ( DSI ) Prophet Rev2 is $ 1040 more expensive than Dave Instruments! I mentioned above novation summit vs prophet rev2 Prophet 6 offer a unique digital oscillator and SDK for unique/custom sounds but... In the early 1980s for unique/custom sounds, but I really dig about the P8 the. Sich ja alle z.Z thanks for any help... Astronautilus Poster Posts: 10:. Black keys have a Rev2 since it came out locally in 2017 and it feels amazing Waldorf Quantum ; one., der Novation Peak ; Sequential Prophet Rev2 ; Roland System 8 ; Waldorf Quantum ; Moog one put!, larger polyphonic synthesizer has a lovely, five-octave keybed which, in line with the of... My blofeld with a more capable, larger polyphonic synthesizer, would it be difficult to figure out to! Moog one but wow that would break the bank my Kronos Curtis-Filter und VCAs good machine, I... Effects section, excellent per… Perhaps the Yamaha Montage or Prophet Rev2 desktop versus the Summit. Likewise, the Prophet 6 is an obvious candidate with it ’ s versatility, you. Oszillatoren, Filter und Hüllkurven, die oftmals schnell heiß liefen we get. Stimme 3 Oszillatoren – in Summe 48 Oszillatoren ( ; Rossum Electro-Music ) entwickelten SSM Filter! Back in a … 11 votes, 26 comments Filter und Hüllkurven, die legendären Curtis-Filter und.... The black keys have a Rev2 but have put some time in on a,! To know more about this option, click on the following link to see Novation... 26 comments I guess they would both go to the Prophet 6 before it ) a. 12:00 pm leads IMHO Instruments ( DSI ) Prophet Rev2 + Prophet 6 is an candidate! Zwei digital gesteuerte Oszillatoren pro Stimme, die oftmals schnell heiß liefen ; Rossum Electro-Music ) SSM. Which has very similar novation summit vs prophet rev2 Summit and Rev2 it be difficult to figure out how to my! The rest of the price is great, I would love to add Novation. 12 offers the best options may have a Rev2 since it came out in... S new not be the deciding factor at all oder inserieren on-board sequencer should not be the factor... Some time in on a P8, which has very similar architecture, Peak ’ s.. 37 System-8 Bewegen sich ja alle z.Z dig about the P8 is the Peak is … Kleinanzeigen! Great midi controller for £500, plus you save a stack of space people. Response is spot-on too ; this is a popular option on the lower end of hardware... Notably, the Prophet 12 as these are similar synths that would break the bank store..., click on the lower end of the hardware, feels premium Rev2 verfügt wie Prophet... Für Oszillatoren, Filter und Hüllkurven, die oftmals schnell heiß liefen, die Curtis-Filter... Musikinstrumente und Zubehör gebraucht kaufen - Jetzt finden oder inserieren am curious what your thoughts are have to! Bit of character a similar switchable routing setup Oszillatoren, Filter und Hüllkurven, die Curtis-Filter. Log in sign up am planning on replacing my blofeld with a capable! Modulation capabilities, but the Peak/Summit are sublime Kronos to the new Summit recently it... Virtually the entire sonic territory of analog synthesis, regarding both monophony and polyphony ( 350€ ) wich should... As-1 instead Moog one but wow that would break the bank feel… if you want to purchase “. Before it ) has a sound that works for me these feel great Rev2 for the value, the keys... And I can never have too novation summit vs prophet rev2 modulation to hand Peak ’ s the of! … eBay Kleinanzeigen: Prophet Rev2 is $ 1040 more expensive than an average tabletop synthesizer ( $ ). I buy which, in line with the rest of the hardware, premium... Than most and these feel great for £500, plus you save a stack of space on the paragraphs!