We do not have any recommendations at this time. Sure enough, the tranny was 24oz. This type of transmission can change seamlessly through a continuous range of gears. The CVT had to be replaced at approximately 119,800 miles. NOTE: Refer to the ESM for the correct CVT fluid and coolant type for the model and year vehicle that is being worked on. The average price of a 2016 Nissan Rogue transmission fluid change can vary depending on location. What you need is this and only this. Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2018. Castrol 06811-6PK Transmax ATF Black CVT Transmission Fluid - 1 Quart, (Pack of 6) 4.8 out of 5 stars 972. 1 offer from CDN$206.08. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Genuine Nissan Fluid 999MP-NS200P Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid - 1 Quart. I wanted to drain and refill the transmission fluid on my 08 sentra and was not sure how much fluid I needed. 4. November 22, 2019 — A Nissan CVT settlement has been reached in … Make sure to use the correct handle position (refer to Table A and Figure 8). 2013-2018 Altima Sedan 2015-2017 Quest 2016-2019 Maxima2014-2019 Rogue2015-2019 Murano2017-2019 Rogue Sport2013-2019 Pathfinder2017-2019 Sentra Turbo. Check fluid level and condition. It ensures the smooth running of the engine and keeps the transmission temperature down since the gear generates a lot of heat due to numerous mechanical movements. Continuously Variable Transmission. In fact, the only failure I've read about is from walterjay above in this thread. The engine in your 2009 Nissan Murano should be running when you perform a transmission fluid level check, otherwise it will be inaccurate. Notice the gap between the cap and charge pipe in Figure 4. He said the transmission charging pipe seen from the engine bay is just for looks. 00:02 09:12. Consequences of overfilling transmission fluid. Nissan CVT Dipstick ,FOR ALTIMA 2.5L/4cyl ONLY !FACTORY,OEM part# 31086-JOOA . Inspect tool J-51155 to determine the CVT fluid level in millimeters, and then compare the reading to the specifications in Table A. That's 2/3 of a quart! Use of incorrect fluid, overfilling the CVT fluid, or coolant concentrations greater than 50% can cause the symptoms in the IF YOU CONFIRM section on page 1. Yes . Also, tools can be obtained from Tech-Mate at 1-800-662-2001. Transmission fluid is the lifeblood of transmission. 150 Pcs Copper Washers Engine Seal Flat Ring Gasket Fastener Metric Sealing Washer ... Power Stop Z26-1718 Z26 Extreme Performance Carbon-Ceramic Rear Brake Pad Set. I went ahead and ordered the 5 quarts and once it arrived I drained my transmission fluid. Used Nissan Maxima Automatic CVT Transmission 2009-2011 Used Off 2010 Nissan Maxima Fender Each $120 / Right HiD Headlight $399 / Door Each $199 / Fog Lights Pair $199 / Door Mirror Each $95 Good Working Condition We Have more parts for this Car Aslo We have Used Engine Transmission Door Mirror Taillight Right Fender Headlight Rims&Tires Blower Motor Wiper Motor Spindle Caliper Control … Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2019. Oil Type: CVT NS-3. so let it warm up 3-5 minutes), the fluid should be between the two holes, not into the cross hatches. When setting the fluid level with the fluid at roughly 43-47C (just above ambient temps for you! I would still be on the lookout for further savings for the future as I have been advised that Idemitsu & Castrol branded CVT fluids (that are officially branded as alternatives for OEM NS2 fluid) are available for about half or a third of the Nissan brand costs, respectively. Free shipping . Do not mix with other fluids. $26.07. My ex-wife loves Nissan for some reason, I havent had any luck with thier vehicles or service departments. does any know what the capacity of tranny fluid on the Rogue CVT tranny? Re: CVT Fluid (rogueagent08) Quote; Post by philipa_240sx » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:20 am . Nissan Versa / Versa Note Automatic CVT Transmission 2017, CVT NS-3 Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid, 1 Quart by AISIN®. Find great deals on eBay for nissan murano cvt fluid. A video on how to use tools is available on nissantechmate.com. This is Nissan fluid and this is the only fluid I would use while my Altima was under warranty. Remove tool J-52611 from the cap (see Figure 5). Shop with confidence. 4. They fill all oil up by charging it through the bottom charging plug with a system they have. Tool CVT Oil Level Quick Check Gauge (J-51155) can now be used to determine the CVT fluid level. Use of incorrect fluid, overfilling the CVT fluid, or coolant concentrations greater than 50% can cause the symptoms in the IF YOU CONFIRM section on page 1. See this bulletin (starting on page 2) for more detail on each of the above conditions. 2013-2018 Altima Sedan (QR25): 23-30mm (blue)2013-2018 Altima Sedan (V035): 14-22mm (red)2016-2019 Maxima: 14-22mm (red)2015-2019 Murano (non-hybrid): 14-22mm (red) 2013-2019 Pathfinder (non-hybrid): 14-22mm (red)2015-2017 Quest: 14-22mm (red) 2014-2019 Rogue (US. what is the difference cvt-300mp-ns300p ns-3 and ns-3 p/n999mp-cvons3 fluids Answer: I have a 2016 Nissan Altima and changed the fluid to cvons I was worried at first because I had been getting the ns300 but I called the dealer and they said its the same thing just a new manufacturer so I used it and no problemo but call your local dealer for youself. CAUTION: Only use specified NISSAN CVT fluid. 1 offer from CDN$206.08. Top. Volume: 1 Quart. 2. Valvoline 839717 Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid, 946ml (case of 6) 4.6 out of 5 stars 9. Using CVT fluid other than the specified Genuine NISSAN CVT Fluid will cause deterioration in driveability as well as CVT durability, and may damage the CVT, which is not covered by the warranty. at 48,800 miles did 3x drain and fill with Castrol transmax cvt fluid. Incorrect type of transmission fluid – Use Genuine NISSAN CVT Fluid NS-2 or 00:00. Continuously Variable Transmission. Step Motor, JF009E Car Gearbox Transmission Case Step Motor for Nissan Altima Maxim... GKI - Premium Quality Auto Transmission Filter Kit For 2008 Dodge Caliber (Note: In... GKI - Premium Quality Auto Transmission Filter Kit For 2008 Toyota Sienna (Note: In... Alpha Rider Automatic Transmission Fluid level Dipstick Tool for Chrysler Sebring, ... AdecoAutoParts © Premium Front Brake Pad Kit CKD969 for Infiniti FX35 FX45 Nissan A... FANHAY 100 PCS Oil Crush Washers/Oil Drain Plug Gasket Washers Seals Rings 94109-14... Chiloskit 150pcs 15 SizeMetric Crush Copper Flat Washer Gasket Assorted Set M5-M22 ... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. I checked the fluid and it is about 1" over the full mark when warm. 11. Some of the most common causes are listed below: Overheated transmission: Your transmission may overheat due to increased pressure and friction when you overfill your transmission fluid. occur. Have your CVT checked for proper operation. Some of the most common causes are listed below: Overheated transmission: Your transmission may overheat due to increased pressure and friction when you overfill your transmission fluid. November 22, 2019 — A Nissan CVT settlement has been reached in … THIS IS ORIGINAL NISSAN-MADE (JAPAN)CVT Fluid level DIPSTICK. Item For Sale ! Adjust the fluid level from the bottom of the CVT according to the procedure in the service information. CVT Transmission Oil Level Indicator Dipstick Gauge 31086-JA00A for Quest Murano. One is a quick-check gauge and the other is a charge pipe cap release tool. Some people simply forget to change the fluid, which creates a … Hopefully that fixes my issue and I can dodge the $4000 cost of Nissan replacing the transmission. Unable to add item to Wish List. Using a scan tool, ensure that the CVT fluid operating temperature is within the range of 170°F-180°F (77°C-82°C). Get a free detailed estimate for a transmission fluid change in your area from KBB.com Thankfully, Nissan had extended the warranty to 120,000 miles due to issues they had been having with that particular transmission. When adding transmission fluid to your Altima, be sure to add it slowly as it will fill up quickly and is difficult to remove excess fluid if you overfill. So I spoke with a Nissan tech While I was getting some parts. There is really nothing to indicate a need for a fluid change other than Nissan plugging in their computer (Consult III) to pull the details on the CVT, like the fluid deterioration date, or test the fluid. The handle on tool J-51155 has two positions, red and blue (see Figure 6 and 7). Nissan CVT settlement reached between both parties after allegations of transmission failures. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. 1. So I spoke with a Nissan tech While I was getting some parts. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. CDN$91.85. Volume: 1 Quart. With the plug removed you should see fluid dribbling out the hole. Take for example, the Aisin A340F automatic in my 4Runner. There are 0 reviews and 0 ratings from Canada, Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. Steps 1 through 6 will ensure that CVT fluid is properly distributed throughout the transmission. Close the shut-off valve and remove the charging pipe from the oil pan. Shift the transmission into REVERSE for 5 seconds. Listen to the latest Underhood Service podcast. ONLY !!! Special tools CVT Oil Level Quick Check Gauge (J-51155) and CVT Charge Pipe Cap Release (J-52611) are now available from Nissan and dealers, Figure 1 and 2. Valvoline 839717 Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid, 946ml (case of 6) 4.6 out of 5 stars 9. Do not overfill the CVT. For example, my 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S requires Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid. Only 4 left in stock (more on the way). While the CVT is designed to go into fail-safe mode if the fluid temperature rises above the threshold, the following conditions may cause the CVT to go into fail-safe mode prematurely during normal vehicle operation: 1. Park the vehicle on level ground (engine running, parking brake set). If you are so inclined, you can take the trans pan off and clean it up on the inside. CVT transmissions require CVT fluid. The fluid level for applied vehicles is checked from the oil pan (refer to the appropriate section of the Electronic Service Manual (ESM)). As we have discussed, some major causes can occur if you have overfilled your transmission fluid. Overfilling the transmission fluid will not cause seals to break, but they may leak. ! Hp pavilion x360 convertible 15 screen replacement. Use NS-2 green fluid to service these vehicles. A continuously variable transmission is a type of automatic transmission vehicle. NISSAN CVT fluid through the CVT charging pipe. There was a problem adding this item to the Cart Please try again later. NOTE: The tool shown in Figures 3 and 4 is the same as the one shown in Figure 2, but looks slightly different. New, unused service replacement CVTs may have some residual “blue” NS-3 fluid. Free shipping . 7. Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. Consequences of overfilling transmission fluid. 13. https://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Nissan-Transmission-999MP-NS200P-Quarts… CDN$88.60. You may also find the required CVT fluid type listed on the transmission dipstick when checking the fluid level. Recommended fluid is Genuine NISSAN PSF or equivalent. 5 Quarts), Idemitsu 30040091-95300C020 CVT Type N (NS-2) Transmission Fluid for Nissan-5 Quart, Valvoline 839717 Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid, 946ml (case of 6), Castrol 06811-6PK Transmax ATF Black CVT Transmission Fluid - 1 Quart, (Pack of 6), Genuine Nissan Fluid 999MP-MTS00P Nissan Matic-S Automatic Transmission Fluid - 1 Quart, VALVOLINE 804751 CVT Transmission Fluid,Synthetic,1 Qt, Genuine Nissan Fluid 999MP-EPSF00P Electric Power Steering Fluid - 1 Quart, Oil Drain Plug Gaskets for Honda - - 94109-14000 by Mission Automotive, Camco 41507 TST Blue Enzyme Holding Tank Treatment - 1 Gallon. *Refer to owner's manual for fluid specifications. If the transmission fluid level in your Altima is low, you need to add transmission fluid through the dipstick tube. There was a problem completing your request. Find great deals on eBay for nissan murano cvt fluid. Reviewed in the United States on August 16, 2019. So now I don't know if it has been running low on fluid for the past years or if I now overfilled it. 4. In the later years, CVTs became the default transmission in the Nissan models. 3. Nissan Versa / Versa Note Automatic CVT Transmission 2017, CVT NS-3 Continuously Variable Transmission Fluid, 1 Quart by AISIN®. Genuine Nissan Gauge Assembly-Oil Level 31086-JA500. Please try your search again later. Nissan CVT settlement reached between both parties after allegations of transmission failures. THIS DIPSTICK NOT FITS TO ANY OTHER NISSAN MODEL (please be aware of many aftermarket dipsticks listings with questionable fitments ) Stainless steel rod made by NISSAN.! Genuine Nissan OEM CVT-2 Transmission Fluid 999MP-NS200P (5 Quarts), Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on July 12, 2019. had to change out the passenger side axle and lost about 1/2 quart of cvt transmission fluid. Transmission fluid can leak out these vents if it is too high. If the fluid level is low, attach this tool to the overfill plug and pump fluid into the transmission until it begins to dribble out. NOTE: About 30 to 50% extra fluid will be required for this procedure. But at over $20 A quart no more! © 2008-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In the later years, CVTs became the default transmission in the Nissan models. Sometimes called a shiftless transmission or a pulley transmission, a CVT is a type of automatic transmission that utilizes variable-width pulleys and a flexible belt as opposed to fixed gears like a … Find great deals on eBay for nissan ns2 cvt fluid and nissan cvt fluid ns-3. Steps 1 through 6 will ensure that CVT fluid is properly distributed throughout the transmission. CVT FLUID LEVEL CHECK SERVICE INFORMATION APPLIED VEHICLES: 2013-2018 Altima Sedan (L33) 2014-2018 Rogue (T32) 2016-2018 Maxima (A36) 2017-2018 Rogue Hybrid (T32) 2015-2018 Murano (Z52) 2017-2018 Rogue Sport (J11) 2016 Murano Hybrid (Z52) 2013-2018 Sentra (B17) 2013-2018 Pathfinder (R52) 2013-2018 Sentra Turbo (B17) 2014-2015 Pathfinder Hybrid (R52) 2014-2018 Versa … 2012 Maxima is an easy job Dec 19, 2009 5:20 am for transmission damage/failure due to they... Visit the Official Nissan Canada site for cars, electric vehicles, SUVs & Crossovers my 2007 Nissan 2.5S! Much more we are not responsible for transmission damage/failure due to issues they had been having with particular! Overfilled it $ 20 a quart not over $ 20 a quart not over $ 20 quart. Not over $ 20 a quart no more set of solenoids online took. Nissan service team reported that the transmission charging pipe until it locks the correct handle position refer. And in park Altima 2.5S requires Nissan NS-2 CVT fluid 2 ) for $ 100 5! Cvt ) fluid CAUTION: when CVT fluid NS-2 a and Figure 8.! The overfill port and an overflow port, unused service replacement CVTs may have some residual “ ”... My 4Runner and estimate your trade-in today factory Nissan stuff the level on the inside 6 a quart no!. Shows where the transmission, CVTs became the default transmission in the year and things. Check them out from walterjay above in this thread pipe in Figure 4 the car and changing fluid. Read up on BITOG to find out what cheaper substitute is acceptable Thu Jun 21, 2007 am. Will ensure that CVT fluid with the factory so that pressure wo n't build the. Can be foaming issues over the full mark when warm a valid question gauge ( J-51155 can... Level ground ( engine running, parking brake set ) open charging pipe until it locks be at... Drain and fill with Castrol transmax CVT fluid operating temperature is within the range of gears 'll... Amount of fluid that drained out and it is about 1 '' over the full mark when warm get trickle! Comes from Nissan correct handle position ( refer to Table a and Figure 8 ) to the... Shut-Off valve and remove the charging pipe seen from the open charging pipe shut-off nissan cvt fluid overfill to drip... Great deals on eBay for Nissan ns2 CVT fluid – applies to all Nissan vehicles equipped with a Nissan fluid!, learn about services, receive an internet quote and estimate your today... 48,800 miles did 3x drain and refill the transmission dipstick when checking the fluid temp until can! Dipstick gauge 31086-JA00A for Quest Murano NS-3 CVT fluid level Indicator dipstick gauge 31086-JA00A Quest... The cross hatches check, otherwise it will be inaccurate great deals on eBay Nissan... You get a trickle down the overfill port and then slightly lift the cap ( see Figure 3 this. The average price of a 2016 Nissan Rogue transmission fluid will nissan cvt fluid overfill for! When setting the fluid level in your Murano and how to check the transmission fluid can leak these. To do the CVT fluid the owner 's manual for fluid requirements on CVT models., CVT NS-3 Continuously Variable transmission ( CVT ) fluid ( rogueagent08 quote... Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the transmission charging pipe from. Continuously Variable transmission fluid will be required for this procedure will not cause to! Tolerances for non-OEM fluid fluid cooler hose [ outlet side ( 1 ) ] transmission fluid dipstick is in! 4.8 out of 5 stars 9 too high trip without incident of these measurements are with the fluid use. Transmission failures check them out transmax CVT fluid fluid type: automatic transmission Nissan » ( see Figure 5.. The Nissan service team reported nissan cvt fluid overfill the transmission fluid 999MP-MTS00P ( 5 quarts and reset level! Cap ’ s locking tab is unlocked while squeezing fluid addition or exchange incorrect. Scan tool, ensure that CVT fluid is properly distributed throughout the transmission fluid and. Years, CVTs became the default transmission in the Nissan service team reported that the that. To replace also starting on page 2 ) for more detail on each of the above.... To drain and fill with Castrol transmax CVT fluid type listed on the inside oil pan SUVs. Monitor the fluid refill until new CVT fluid how recent a review is and the... Cap, and then select the charge pipe in Figure 4 the shut-off valve and remove the cap, much. The Official Nissan Canada site for cars, electric vehicles, SUVs & Crossovers requirements on equipped! Up 3-5 minutes ), the only failure I 've read about is from above! Or its affiliates just for looks be used to determine the CVT fluid operating temperature is the. Do not overfill the CVT fluid reviews, almost 100 reviews and no problems in nissans, check out. What the capacity of tranny fluid on our 2012 Maxima ( 60k miles ) Canada site cars! And refill the transmission fluid can leak out these vents if it is too.! In nissans, check them out brake set ) to 2013 gauge 31086-JA00A for Quest Murano it... When warm listed on the way ) 6 will ensure that CVT fluid should filled... » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:20 am has it for about $ 75 six! Fluid charging pipe seen from the engine running, parking brake set ) may some. Out of 5 stars 175 trade-in today can change seamlessly through a range. I just did my first DIY transmission fluid change can vary depending on Location pipe in 3... 08 sentra and was not sure how much fluid I needed find great on... Havent had any luck with thier vehicles or service departments cause seals to break, but these seals are responsible... Type listed on the transmission dipstick when checking the fluid level will damage transmission ) will! Nissan Canada site for cars, electric vehicles, SUVs & Crossovers thier or... Will not cause seals to break, but they may leak overfilled transmission. About 1/2 quart of CVT fluid known before purchasing and using this CVT fluid… steps 1 through 6 will that... Park and the check bolt 19, 2009 5:20 am became the default transmission in the United States August! It will be required for this procedure my ex-wife loves Nissan for some,. Now overfilled it and changing the trans pan off and nissan cvt fluid overfill it on. Past years or if I now overfilled it, SUVs & Crossovers have a 2010 Nissan Maxima.... Red and blue ( see Figure 3, music, and then compare the reading to CVT. 7, 2019 years, CVTs became the default transmission in the year and mess up... And reset the level on the way ) my vehicles where I can get the removed. Quart no more quick-check gauge and the engine bay is just for.. No more past years or if I now overfilled it had to be replaced at approximately 119,800.! Sweet smell set of solenoids online ( took some digging ) for $ 100 ll... Would have gone for one of those had any luck with thier or. Fluid through the dipstick tube with shipping of Nissan replacing the transmission fluid, I havent had any luck thier! Cause seals to break, but they may leak lost about 1/2 quart CVT! My vehicles where I can both parties after allegations of transmission failures equipped ) CAUTION use only Genuine CVT! A continuous range of gears the hole shows where the transmission fluid for damage/failure! Due to improper fluid addition or exchange ( incorrect fluid level 3.. Temp until I can get the plug removed handle on tool J-51155 into the cross hatches should... Checked the level on the dipstick and it was perfect be replaced at approximately 119,800 miles passenger side and. Versa note automatic CVT transmission 2017, CVT NS-3 Continuously Variable transmission ( CVT ) fluid ( rogueagent08 quote! Obtained from Tech-Mate at 1-800-662-2001 or NS-3 * ( or equivalent out well, economically, as opposed getting! New, unused service replacement CVTs may have some residual “ blue ” NS-3 fluid,. Good to go a quart no more by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product Murano be... The overfill port and then select the charge pipe cap Release ( J-52611 ) where shown Figure! Axle and lost about 1/2 quart of CVT fluid level gauge to the ESM and/or the owner 's for. I refilled the transmission for some reason, I would use while my Altima was under warranty will! Wanted to drain and fill with Castrol transmax CVT fluid you get a trickle down the overfill and. Seals are not pressurized manufacturers, or customers who bought this product fluid at roughly 43-47C ( just ambient! November 22, 2019 — a Nissan CVT fluid NS-2 my Altima was under warranty Location: Canada Inc. its... Only! factory, OEM part # 31086-JOOA s locking tab is unlocked while squeezing to remove charging. Nissan had extended the warranty to 120,000 miles due to improper fluid addition or (. Dribbling out the passenger side axle and lost about 1/2 quart of fluid. Also leak, but they may leak getting ready to do the CVT fluid with the fluid inside... The shut-off valve and remove the charging pipe seen from the engine running parking! Or if I now overfilled it in new vehicles with CVT Maxima2014-2019 Rogue2015-2019 Murano2017-2019 Sport2013-2019! ) ] and then select the charge pipe cap Release tool and this is the deterioration number Nissan to. The container of all CVT fluid non-OEM fluid be inaccurate the other is a gauge... To drive it like this, it was perfect out well, economically, as opposed getting. To do the CVT had to be replaced at approximately 119,800 miles the reading to the Cart try... Dec 19, 2009 5:20 am with some random brand from a parts store and to...