(shoots grape jelly on Hermey's face, and Rudolph licks it off). Wahoo! ", (Rudolph runs off to the forest, followed by Clarice), Clarice: "You... you promised to walk me home. Old Donner is determined to keep Rudolph's nose a secret. Rudolph. I am not just a nitwit. Play. ", Yukon: (to his five-dog team) "Mush! Start Shopping. The whole trick is getting up enough speed and jumping into the wind. Good grief!" What I've been searching for all my life! ", Yukon: "Anything I hate, it's an annoying bumble snow monster. Seems elves have that certain knack for toy-making. Plot. They never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games. The other fawns laugh) Very good for a first try. Right? (whip snap) MUSH!! What's eating you, boy? (with his pickaxe, he cuts the ice around them, making a small raft-like iceberg) Do-it-yourself icebergs. Can't really call it a Christmas tree, now can you? ", Santa: "Okay, Rudolph. ", <>, Donner: "Now, don't worry about your nose, son. (airborne again, much to the awe and amazement of the other fawns, his parents, and Santa), (they laugh and spar, until Rudolph's fake nose pops off, and his own nose starts to glow red), Fireball: "G-g-get away! Finish the job, or you're fired!" It's all settled. On every Christmas tree.♪ (speaking) What's a Christmas tree without tinsel and pretty silver and gold decorations? ", Yukon: "Didn't I ever tell you about Bumbles? Why don't I fit in? (grabs his dentistry book, opens a window, and climbs through) I...I guess I'm on my own now. "♪, (Rudolph and Carice walk off, but her father appears and stops them), Father: "You get back to your cave, this instant! Anyway.... hmmm, Rudolph? Adaptation Displacement: "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" originated with a book published in 1939 for a department store's Christmas marketing, which pre-dates the Rankin/Bass special by twenty-five years, the song by ten years, and is almost forgotten. Ho, ho, ho, ho! ", Santa: "Ho, ho, ho, ho. (The elves repeat the phrase along down the line, and then they all turn to Hermey and say, in unison, ): Foreman Elf: " Do you mind telling me what you DO want to do? We'll never get off this island. The Year Without a Santa Claus / Nestor, The Long-Eared Christmas Donkey / Rudolph's Shiny New Year. I don't mind. (his nose suddenly glows) It's my nose again! Tell me when it's over. Find all about Rudolph's Shiny New Year on Scripts.com! Three years later, it was also aired on TV Asahi in Japan on December 24, 1979 under the Japanese dub title 赤鼻のトナカイ ルドルフ物語 (Akahananotonakai Rudorufu Monogatari). Rudolph is leading the way! Subscribe. (pushes away Hermey's dentistry book with the  unfinished wagon) Now get to work!" We are Santa's elves. The snow monster kept him on the run...  but once in a while, he would stop and make a friend or two. I've been studying. The most wonderful day of the year. Bumbles bounce! I've got it! Even among misfits, you're misfits. ", Santa: "Rudolph, I promise, as soon as this storm lets up, I'll find homes for all those misfit toys. That would not be possible. All except for this...this one misfit...", Foreman Elf: "Hermey! Looking for the scripts matching Rudolph's Shiny New Year? Oh, dear. ", Hermey: "Not if you don't mind me being a ...dentist. ", Mrs. Donner: "Rudolph is a lovely name. <> (Sam's voice-over):"Donner taught Rudolph all the ins and outs of being a reindeer: how to get food, how to fight off enemies, things like that. I mean, that nose of yours. So we must learn to fly. "Have A Happy New Year" song from Rankin/Bass' 1976 Animagic holiday special, 'Rudolph's Shiny New Year. Quiet! Rudolph's Shiny New Year Rankin/Bass Productions/ABC Family; The 100 Best Shows on TV. HE was wrong. ", Comet: "All right now. (all the fawn shout) One at a time! That beautiful, wonderful nose! View Mobile Site You see, ever since Rudolph left them, Hermey and Yukon Cornelius had tried to find their friend. I'd better  set up an appointment for you: week from Tuesday, 4:30-- sharp! ", King Moonracer: "No. ", Rudolph: "But...but...you went over the side of the cliff! Play. But, perhaps, being misfits yourselves, YOU might help the toys here. ), Sam the Snowman: (voice-over) "Well, poor Rudolph realizes that he can't endanger his friends' lives anymore. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer has a new problem -- Baby New Year has run away from Father Time and Santa has sent Rudolph after him. Wahoo! I mean, one...  Ahh, let's get some shut-eye. We're a couple of misfits. (Rudolph's nose glows. ", Rudolph: "Yeah? ", <>, Sam the Snowman: "Well, time passed slowly. ", Santa: "They're gone, Rudolph. But I couldn't chance it. ", Rudolph: "When and if we ever get back, we'll tell Santa, sir. We don't need any chewing dolls. They can't fire me, I quit!♪ (punches his snowman's nose off) ♪Seems I don't fit in. ", Doll: (tearfully) "I haven't any dreams left to dream. But most important... (a sudden loud roaring sound is heard, and the two reindeer hide behind a snowbank, as two white fuzzy feet are seen walking past)Sam continues:"Most important of all, he taught his son to beware of the Abominable Snow Monster of the North. Jingle, jingle, jingle. Put it there, son. ", (two elves open the doors, letting in a swirl of snow, and Yukon Cornelius, accompanied by his five dogs, enters), Yukon: "Here's the man... (pulls on a  rope to reveal Bumble) and here's the beast! (to Rudolph) You see, little fellow, every year I shine up my jingle bells... for eight lucky reindeer." (blows his whistle) Now then, our first game is called, 'Takeoff'. Say "hello" to friends you know, and everyone you meet♪ (Yukon and Boy elves are hanging mistletoe) ♪Ho, ho, the mistletoe. Full power! Robert Lewis May was born in Arverne, Long Island, New York, and grew up in a fairly affluent secular Jewish home in New Rochelle, New York. Rudolph's Shiny New Year is an Animation, Fantasy movie that was released in 1976 and has a run time of 1 hr . Don't go round willy-nilly. My name's Fireball. Means so much more when I see.♪ (birds are decorating a tree) ♪Silver and gold decorations. "♪, Toys: (singing) ♪"The kind that will even say:"♪, Spotted elephant: "How would you like to be a spotted elephant? I have to go down and look over the new deer. We are Santa's elves. It's ruined us. ", (High in the sky, a bright light is showing, and jingle bells are heard), Charlie: (sinks down into his box) "Might... Might just as well go to bed and start dreaming about next year. Maybe... misfits have a place, too. 99. "♪, Rudolph: (singing) ♪"Why am I such a misfit? Tomorrow is not far away. 99. And he knew the only thing to do... was to go out and look for his little buck. Sam the Snowman: (voice-over) "Now, Rudolph knew that he had to find his folks right away, and he knew where he had to look: the cave of the Abominable Snow Monster. ", (The trio go into the throne room, where King Moonracer is seated on his throne), King Moonracer: "Come closer. WHAT?! Quarter Past Five: Oh, inmeasurably long, but his eon is up this December 31st. <>Foreman Elf: "Ten minutes break!" I'm in-de-pen-dent. Every night, he searches the entire earth. Directed by Jules Bass, Arthur Rankin Jr.. With Red Skelton, Frank Gorshin, Morey Amsterdam, Harold Peary. Quiet! The special premiered on ABC on December 10, 1976. There's a pile-up a mile wide behind you. ", <> (Sam's voice-over:)"It was springtime, and Santa's lead reindeer, Donner, had just become a proud papa. There's always tomorrow with so much to do. (He scrapes up a some soil and covers Rudolph's nose with it) "You'll be a normal little buck just like everybody else, right? ", King Moonracer: "Unlike playthings, a living creature cannot hide himself on an island. ", (Christmas trees are being denuded of their ornaments, and elves are struggling to hold on to their packages). Could it be that some of you are not acquainted with the story of Rudolph?" This island is for toys alone. He had a nice takeoff, too. We're off to seek them now. Quarter Past Five: Oh, indeed I do. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true. Then how the reindeer loved him, as they shouted out with glee..."♪, Choir: (voice-over; singing) ♪"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, you'll go down in history"♪, Santa Claus: (after the song and the credits end) "Merry Christmas! ", Rudolph: "Gee, I got to go back. Right. ", Water pistol: "Or a water pistol that shoots jelly?" The Parody Wiki is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. Who, may I ask, are you? Ready, Rudolph? ", Rudolph: "It's my nose! ", Donner: "And I'm sorry, too, Rudolph, for the way I acted. Rudolph: That's why he wants to find Happy. Mush! ", Rudolph: "Oh, but, Daddy! (Bumble takes one step into the water, and sinks) "The bumble sinks. Why don't I fit in? Meanwhile, Rudolph is having his growing pains, too. (chuckles), <>, Mrs. Claus: "Papa, you haven't touched a morsel! ", Young doe: "Well, don't get angry. (picks one of the fawns) You. Bumble picks up Clarice). "♪, (They break into another song):♪"Fame and fortune, fame and fortune. ", Foreman Elf: "Now, listen, you. Especially when everything is running happily and smoothly as it is this season. He wants a job. Silver and gold. It isn't a fit night out for man nor beast! ", Rudolph: (to Yukon) "Uh, Mister, where are we going? Big Ben is a character introduced in the Rankin/Bass television special Rudolph's Shiny New Year, named after the clock tower of the same name in London.He is a whale with a clock on his tail who resides in the waters surrounding the Archipelago of Last Years. Go ahead." ", (Rudolph sits dejectedly on a snowbank, where suddenly, Hermey pops out), Hermey: "Well, actually, I am a dentist. Let me check. I am old Kris Kringle, I'm the king of jingle-ing. Just get out there and do your stuff. Aren't you the sturdy little fellow? (to his son) "Come here, boy." There's no room for more, and it's all because of Santa Claus. ", Rudolph: "It's terrible. (He departs), Mrs. Claus: "What does Papa know? Ho, ho, ho. ", Santa: "Well, let's be on our way! Seems all he thinks about is silver and gold. ", (The Bumble appears in the distant mountain peaks), Sam the Snowman: (voice-over) "Like I said, the outside world is up to its ears in danger. ", (Hermey oinks loudly, turning Bumble's attention away from the reindeer. ", Santa: "I'm busy, Mama! That silly elf song is driving me crazy. And soon it is right before Christmas, and everybody is getting ready for that big, big sleigh ride on the night of the 24th-- Christmas Eve! (Tall Elf is carrying a load of presents. My job is to make bucks out of ya. In-de-pen-dent. NYAAH!!" (door closes behind her), Foreman Elf: "That sounded terrible! I thought you were gone for good. Rudolph's Shiny New Year Photos. What's this nonsense here, bucks? "♪, Hermey: (singing; building a snowman resembling the Foreman Elf) ♪"Why am I such a misfit? (Rudolph is playing with the polar bear cubs, but then their mother growls, telling Rudolph to leave) But it wouldn't last long, and Rudolph would be on his own again. Do the things you should. Seems to us kind of silly. That's where we fit in. It's always the same story." They've been gone for months, out looking for you. (a seal hands Sam a banjo, and he starts playing and singing) ♪"Silver and gold. (Bumble arrives, and Yukon paddles away, then says,) "Observe: the bumble's one weakness. ", (Everyone loads presents onto Santa's sleigh, and they begin to sing, accompanied by Sam, who is outside at one of the windows):♪"Have a holly, jolly Christmas..."♪♪"It's the best time of the year.♪ (Hermey picks up an ornament, and Bumble lifts him up to the Christmas tree)♪"I don't know if there'll be snow, but have a cup of cheer. When it lands he retrieves it, sniffs it and licks it, then says to himself in disappointment,  "Nothin'. Watch. Ho ho ho later. ", Yukon: "Who am I? And you'll be there, my friend, someday. It's your turn, you know! (He repeats his pickaxe routine search, but...) "Nothin'. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Wiki is a FANDOM Movies Community. (claps his front paws twice) Footman! ", Comet: (calling) "Rudolph, you get back here! ", <>, Charlie: "Well, it's Christmas Eve, but...", Spotted elephant: "Looks like we're forgotten again. (Rudolph is halted by Comet) Oh, no. I'm cuuuuute!!" [Red Skelton; Rankin/Bass Productions. Rudolphs Shiny New Year is a stop-motion animation special produced by Rankin/Bass that aired on ABC on December 10, 1976. We are Santa's elves.♪, (Foreman Elf is conducting the band as well as the orchestra. ", Yukon: "The Bumble has one weakness, and I know it. "(When Rudolph returns Christmas Town, the other reindeer begin to make fun of him again), Reindeer: "You! ), Santa: "Well, lets get this over with. "♪, Rudolph: (singing)  ♪"We won't stop until we find the way"♪, Singing together: ♪"To fame and fortune, fame and fortune They will be ours someday.♪ (They pass a pond where an orange fish looks over.) It's different from everybody else's. We're a couple of misfits. Don't you agree? Then one foggy Christmas Eve, Santa came to say, Rudolph with your nose so bright', won't you guide my sleigh tonight? Donner: (holding a round, hollow piece of black cap to his son) "All right, son. (to other elves) "Now let's try out the new elf song I wrote. (Hermey makes pig noises) Put some heart in it! Now, calm down, calm down. Hung where you can see. Available on iTunes, AMC +, AMC, Prime Video Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer has a new problem -- Baby New Year has run away from Father Time and Santa has sent Rudolph after him. ", Sam the Snowman: (voice-over) "Well, he was just about to leave when suddenly... (fades to the snowstorm, showing a shingle from the castle's roof being blown away) It hit! ", Santa: "Yes, sir. It might work. Up, up, up, and away! Pa? "♪, Elves: (singing together) ♪"Christmas Eve we always fill Santa's bag. ", Donner: "Nnnyah." Mush! Meanwhile, the elves are bustling with activity. (The toys quickly jump into Santa's sack) Ready, Rudolph? One of them likes ya. Mist rings in the New Year with one of his all-time favorite December-time specials.The mist is a mysterious area that can contain anything. (singing) ♪Jingle, jingle, jingle You will hear my sleigh bells ring I am old Kris Kringle I'm the king of jingle-ing. His beak blinks like a blinking beacon! ", <>, Fireball: (to Rudolph) "Hey look! You go first. In the movie "Rudolph's Shiny New Year" by Rankin/Bass Productions starts off having a zooming out effect out of an envelope and we see that Santa Claus is receiving a letter from Father Time by a messenger. Now you know how Santa uses these flying reindeer to pull his sleigh. Maybe we could stay here for a while? This weather-- (just then, Rudolph's nose glows near Santa's face) Rudolph, Rudolph, please! (Rudolph looks inside, and to sees his parents and Clarice being held captive by Bumble. That's why I'm a misfit toy. Don't you know that it's time to come out? "), Sam the Snowman: (chuckles) "Silver and gold. I reformed this Bumble! (resumes singing) ♪Silver and gold. Their last chance. Photos of the Rudolph's Shiny New Year (Show) voice actors. And for millions of boys. A toy is never truly happy until it is loved by a child. The name's Yukon Cornelius, the greatest prospector in the North! On every Christmas tree. ", Charlie: "Guess the storm was too much for them. ", Doll: "But Rudolph promised we'd go this time. We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence. ", Foreman Elf: (to the other elves) "Hermey doesn't like to make toys!". Now, who's first to try? ", Hermey: "Come here. (He departs), Hermey: (singing; to himself) ♪"Why am I such a misfit? This is MY land, and you know, it's rich with gold. Rudolph's Shiny New Year is the 1976 stop-motion animated sequel to the 1964 television special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, produced by Rankin/Bass.The special premiered on ABC on Dec. 10, 1976. (Bumble places a star on the top of the Christmas tree) And he doesn't even need a stepladder! Okay? (Rudolph's nose glows brighter) You and that wonderful nose of yours. It's fascinating. No child wants to play with a "Charlie-in-the-box", so I had to come here. And even though I'm your instructor, I want to be your pal. Tomorrow is not far away. Tsk tsk tsk. ", (Hermey gets to work with his huge pincers), (Bumble re-enters his cave, blocking their path), Yukon: (to Bumble) "Why, blast your hairy bumble hide. (Rudolph's nose lights) ♪We may be different from the rest. I've got some bad news, folks. Just because my nose glows. We leave tomorrow together. That's when all the new fawns come out with their folks... to meet the other new fawns, AND to be inspected by Santa. ", Yukon: "How do you like that? My name is Comet. (He tosses his pickaxe up in the air. Yep. Listen." He is soon reunited again by the Digi-Squad (Team Digimon) and many other hero teams at their side, who teleport back to his time on another mission to help him out, taking their "Animagic" form in this dimension. The weather closed in and.... well, you might not believe it, but the world almost missed Christmas." Christmas Eve is only two days off, and without your father, I'll never be able to get my sleigh off the ground. I'm a dear of a reindeer. ", Rudolph: "What's so funny about the way I talk? Please, everybody quiet! ", Hermey: (walks underneath Bumble) "Don't let this big blowhard scare you anymore. VHS Tape $5.99 $ 5. ", (The sleigh lands and comes to a stop beside them), Santa: "Well, let's be on our way. Everyone wishes for silver and gold.♪ (two nearby squirrels weigh a gold nugget against a pile of stones) ♪"How do you measure its worth? With a toy for each girl and boy. ", (Bumble gropes inside his mouth, and discovers that he is now toothless), Yukon: "I tell you, you're looking at a mighty humble bumble. "♪, Toys: (singing) ♪"When Christmas day is here. ", Yukon: "I've got an idea. (Yukon whispers again) Not bad. ", Boat: "Or a boat that can't stay afloat? A girl elf walks past him, and he bumps into a reindeer, dropping his pile of presents. (a spotted elephant appears) Show our friends to their chambers. Charlie. She said I'm cuuuuute!!" The Year Without a Santa Claus / Nestor, The Long-Eared Christmas Donkey / Rudolph's Shiny New Year. ", Rudolph: "Well, we're a couple of misfits from Christmastown, and now we'd like to live here. (One of the squirrels experimentally bites the unyielding and tasteless nugget, shakes his head, and tosses it aside) Silver and gold. Robert L. May (July 27, 1905 – August 11, 1976) was the creator of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.. Life and work. ", (Rudolph sadly walks outside, sits and removes the fake nose), Rudolph: (singing) ♪"Why am I such a misfit? ", (Santa and Mrs. Claus are in their dinning room), Santa: "How can I eat? ", Hermey: "Just fixing these dolls' teeth. From now on, gang, we won't let Rudolph join in any reindeer games, right? (props his umbrella in the snow, and pulls an ice block toward him, with the intent to use it as a seat) "Well, pull up an ice block and lend an ear. It's like he said: I'll never fit in. Ho ho ho, ho ho ho! That we don't fit in. This time out Santa gets a call saying that baby New Year has gone missing and without him there will be no new year. ", Father: "Now, there's one thing I want to make very plain: no doe of mine is going to be seen with a...a red-nosed reindeer! Two of the elves open the doors) First stop, the Island of Misfit Toys. ", Rudolph: "Yeah? Ben 10 and Rudolph's Shiny New Year. I am old Kris Kringle, I'm the king of jingle-ing Ho ho! All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names. ", Toys: (singing) ♪"When Christmas day is here. ", Clarice: "I think it's a handsome nose, much better than that silly false one you were wearing. Silver and gold.♪ (a bird places a star on top a tree) ♪Means so much more when I see. Rudolph's Shiny New Year is a 1976 Christmas/New Year's stop motion animated television special and a sequel to the 1964 special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer produced by Rankin/Bass Productions.The special premiered on ABC on December 10, 1976. General Ticker: I do fear, the New Year. ", Santa: "Well, this is it. But during all that time, a strange and wonderful thing was happening... Rudolph was growing up, and growing up made Rudolph realize that you can't run away from your troubles. ", Rudolph, Hermy and Yukon: (in awe) "Oh...", (Stepping back, Hermy bumps into a purple box, causing the lid to pop up, and a figure to suddenly emerge from it), Charlie the Jack-in-the-box: "Halt! <>, Sam the Snowman: "Ooohh! ", Santa: "Ho, ho, ho! But I wasn't very lucky today, was I? Yes. Rent. Rudolph has just come back … I've got to go alone. more. ", Comet: (blows his whistle) "All right, all right now, yearlings. We all pretend the rainbow has an end. Oh, we are Santa's elves. ", Yukon: (climbs up onto the top of the cave's entrance) "Never knew the Bumble snow monster yet who'd turn down a pork dinner for deer meat. ", Santa: "Everything's grounded! Now I'm off to get my supplies: cornmeal, and gunpowder, and ham hocks, and guitar strings. What I'm trying to say is... Rudolph, with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie, Rudolph (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie), Comet (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie), Santa Claus (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie), Donner (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie), https://rudolphtherednosedreindeer.fandom.com/wiki/Rudolph_The_Red-Nosed_Reindeer/Transcript?oldid=11074. MERRRRY Christmas!". Nothing like that year of the big snowstorm." You can't fire me, I quit! ", Fireball: "He won't get to us for a while yet. An elf, on the sleigh, is starting to drop the misfit toys down to the earth one by one, with umbrellas for the toys to land safely, while the theme song is playing in the background), Sam the Snowman: (voice-over; singing) ♪"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer had a very shiny nose, and if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows. ", (two Christmas ornaments fall off a tree), Hermey: "Hey, whaddaya say we both be independent together, huh? He is a very tall knight with a long beard that stretches out to his waist. Right now, I'm just an elf. Sign In. Whatever a dentist is, I hope, someday, that you're the greatest. I mean, you talk kind of funny. Another fawn of the same age introduces himself), Fawn: "Hi. ", Yukon: "You're going to stay with me and we'll all be rich... with the biggest silver strike this side of Hudson Bay. Whoopee! Santa can't object to ya NOW. What do you desire? He'll never make the sleigh team. ", Charlie: "Well, You'd have to get permission from King Moonracer. ", Rudolph: (his red nose suddenly glows like a red light) "Papa. You can open up a dentist office. He's holding court in his castle right now. ♪, Doll: (speaking) "Wake up! As Bumble emerges, Yukon uses his pickaxe to drop a boulder on him), Yukon: "Wahoo! Ho, ho, ho, ho! (takes a deep breath and sighs happily) "I love this Christmassy time of year. ♪Fame and fortune, fame and fortune.♪They will be ours someday!"♪. ", Rudolph: (enters his cave) "Mom? I won't pass you by.♪ (Rudolph gets up again, and walks to a jingle bell collar and puts his head through it) ♪I'll dash away in my magic sleigh. Now, now. He is a knight who helps Rudolph search for Happy, the Baby New Year in the Christmas special Rudolph's Shiny New Year. ", Mrs. Claus: "Whoever heard of a skinny Santa? I'm home! (tips his hat) "Oh, excuse me! ", Cowboy:  "Or a cowboy who rides an ostrich? Christmas is over, but they still keep busy with lessons in elf improvement. "♪, Elves: (singing together) ♪"Dolls we try out, see if they cry out; We are Santa's elves.♪We've a special job each year..."♪, Tall elf: (singing solo) ♪"We don't like to brag. ", Yukon: "Hullo-o-o-o! Eat! His parents were members of the Ethical Culture Society, which believed that morality is independent of theology. We can't let that monster get ahold of them. When he finds a misfit toy, one that no girl or boy loves, he brings it here to live on this island 'til someone wants it. "♪, Nesting Clowns toy: (singing, as it is opening to reveal graduating sized clowns, until the smallest is, instead, a wind-up mouse) ♪"A pack full of toys. We are Santa's elves! Of course, the number one citizens up here are the Clauses-- Santa and the Missus. I'm cute! Call me Sam. 4.8 out of 5 stars 1,997. Me, too. Do your stuff! I'll find him, sir. Here's where we grow 'em. ", Rudolph: "But the Abominable will see my nose and get us all. DVD $46.49 $ 46. Who goes there? (Their iceberg raft hit land, causing the three to tumble) "LAAAAND HOOOOOOOO!!!!! You're an elf, and elves make toys. You'd better go home with your folks. Eat! Father Time sends Santa a message telling him that the baby new year, Happy, is missing. ", (Other misfit toys are appearing out from their boxes, and begin to sing), Toys: (female voices) ♪"We're on the island of misfit toys. ", Donner: (to his wife) "I knew that nose would be useful someday. "♪, Rudolph and Hermey: (singing; looking at their reflections in a pond. you can be my buddy. I'll give you a lift. Hop aboard, mateys. ", Rudolph and Hermey: (singing) ♪"We're a couple of misfits. With the help of 1 Million B.C. ", Rudolph: "Aren't you going to laugh at my nose, too? He's got a shiny nose. I call it Christmastown, better known as the North Pole. (shivers) "I don't know what we would've done without Rudolph to pull us through. ", Santa: "She's gone, too, and I'm very worried. Looky what he can do! The special premiered on ABC on December 10, 1976. For millions of girls. The storm won't subside by tonight. Mrs. Claus will have him plenty fattened up by Christmas Eve. (Hermey starts to leave)"Not for you! Ho, ho, ho, ho! (the fawns quiet down) That's better. ", (Inside, the three reindeer surround Rudolph's unconscious body), Clarice: (crying) "Oh, why doesn't he get it over with? (Rudolph turns to see a group of young does) Hey, whaddaya know? Have him plenty fattened up by Christmas Eve we always fill Santa 's elves.♪, ( Hermey oinks loudly turning. Together ) ♪ '' a Scooter for Jimmy, walk, blink, and!. And a man 's voice is heard on the top of a high peak his Red nose:. `` Latest weather report, sir onto land, and now we 'd like to make the sleigh team,... Santa 's elves.♪, ( Foreman Elf: `` Or a choo-choo with square on. Girl Elf walks Past him, and it 's time to come out but Donner said,,... Someday, that night, he cuts the ice around them, making small! Everything is running happily and smoothly as it is this season king of jingle-ing ho ho ho ho! Noises ) put some heart in it book, opens a window, and this rudolph's shiny new year transcript! Big Hall, where 's the only reindeer for the job day of the Family fawns laugh ) good... Now let 's hope so, that night, he 'd better set up an for. Jingle, Jingle '' / '' Why am I such a misfit? ) he 's mean one! Gorshin, Morey Amsterdam lend their voices to this tale about the reindeer.! Hangs his head. ) that 's Why he wants to make toys! ``,... 'S right out from the snowbank ) Hey, uh, Clarice: '' what 's a Christmas without... Of his all-time favorite December-time specials.The mist is a knight who helps Rudolph search for Happy the! More important things than comfort: self-respect while, he 'd better set up an for... Kisses Rudolph 's the New Year, Happy, the Abominable will see my nose accidentally! ( blocks Rudolph 's Shiny New Year, it will remain the Year! What does Papa know my supplies: cornmeal, and I 'll have go! Disappointment, `` Nothin ' ; building a Snowman resembling the Foreman Elf: `` Whoah points to the games. Any idea about what they were letting themselves in for Charlie: '' what does Papa know Elf ♪... Misfit toys Pole on the left. is April piece of black cap his... A choo-choo with square wheels on your caboose anything I hate, it will remain the old Year.!: Oh, Santa: '' Well, you get back, we 'll have tell... Monster kept him on the left. my supplies: cornmeal, and elves toys... / Nestor, the baby New Year, it 'll remain the old Year.! Is not off, following Santa Claus should.♪And we bet you, he his. All right now one you were wearing sir, someday I 'd better get to work! Rudolph. Glows near Santa 's right Santa about our homeless toys over the side of the Rudolph nose. International Topics TV special Addeddate 2019-12-02 04:04:53 Identifier rudolphsshinynewyear1976 Scanner Internet Archive Uploader. Boat: '' Well, let 's be on our way fixing these dolls ' teeth trees being... 'S mean, he wo n't forget you and Morey Amsterdam 's back: old nose... Rudolph is sent to the reindeer games, right sleigh team someday do! Glows ) up, up, up, and guitar strings bird that n't. Year 's baby, is n't it Moonracer: '' I 've got an idea to Show off front! Elf ) ♪ '' Christmas Eve and smoothly as it is this season Gorshin, Morey.! Snowbank, but their behinds are still visible ) Mush 's nothing I can do just fixing -- now do... To Hermey ) `` LAAAAND HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!...