The Lookout daily email brings you a closer look at the issues that affect you with a rundown of important fact-based reporting — with a side of Colorado flavor. No. With all the restaurants in Rifle it would seem to be a competitive business, however, Shooters was packed for lunch on a Thursday. Hopefully they won't shut down hunting season in Wyoming this year because of the Kung-Flu. It's not fucking beautiful, It's painful. May 14 — Shooters Grill adds outdoor seating to offer sit-down dining. Lauren is the founder, owner, and operator of Shooters Grill, a restaurant that earned national notoriety for staff that proudly open carry as they serve their customers. Would highly recommend shooters. “Garfield County Commissioners are actively working on behalf of county businesses to petition the governor to more widely reopen local businesses in a staged and safe manner,” the release states, noting that “more than 600 business social distancing plans have been submitted to Garfield County Public Health.”. Proceeds from every purchase go to support the news and music you love. On Thursday morning she set up chairs and tables out in front of her Rifle eatery. “I don't see elected officials standing for freedom, but I see a whole lot of them giving it away.”. Lauren Boebert, owner of Shooters Grill in Rifle, was issued a restraining order on Wednesday after recently reopening her Third Street restaurant to dine-in service against public health orders. She said she hasn’t been involved in those conversations but would support more restaurants opening up. On Tuesday she received a cease-and-desist order, but opened again on Wednesday. “To move the line, we’re going to have to shut the power down to do that.” City officials had been planning that project for this week, but have postponed it due to the heat. The staff roped off parking spaces and set up tables for wait staff to serve customers. CPR was unable to reach Boebert Thursday and it is unclear if the restaurant actually served any diners outside, or if local officials took any action to end the impromptu outdoor service. Happened this weekend to a dozen businesses in Fort Lauderdale. Only takeout and delivery are allowed at restaurants during Gov. Garfield County Public Health late Friday suspended the food service license of Shooters Grill in Rifle, after the restaurant continued to serve customers on site in defiance of state public health orders and against a court injunction issued earlier in the week. It takes a good day’s drive to cover Colorado, but we’ll help you do it in a few minutes each morning. Editor's note: At the May 18 hearing over the temporary suspension of her license to serve food by Garfield County Public Health, Shooters Grill co … Caution: Do not unplug the grill or power it off during the shutdown procedure. The troubleshooting guide is given below: 10 Traeger Grill Troubleshooting – Problem and Solution 1. Lauren Boebert, whose restaurant Shooters Grill has been defying Garfield County’s public health order by offering sit-down service, has found a new way to try to stay open for in-person dining. Colorado Colorado | May 14, 2020. As a result of the 30-day suspension, owner Lauren Boebert now faces the likelihood of not being able to reopen to full service when other county … “I will not back down!”, Around the same time that my restaurant was served a cease and desist, Governor Polis was bragging to President Trump about Colorado opening for business.This morning I decided to open on the city street because my employees still need paychecks.I will not back down! And it notes that on Monday, Garfield County Commissioners did send a letter to the governor, asking for a variance from the statewide “safer at home” order. We are the life blood of this nation’s economy. 0:56 Shooters Grill in Rifle is closed and the owner went to court Monday. Thank you to #BikersForTrump and more for coming out and joining us at @ShootersGrill yesterday! The other person in the car was not hit, but the bar and grill was. I know of a good irrigation ditch water source next to a huge field of sunflowers where the doves are always thick. Montgomery Council shuts down controversial Yu Bar and Grill. Lauren Boebert, the 33-year-old mother of four and owner of “Shooters Grill,” the restaurant where every waitress packs a gun, has successfully kept Colorado’s Third Congressional District red in her first attempt at campaigning. The owner of Shooters Grill in Rifle — who opened her restaurant in defiance of Gov. Authorities served the cease and desist order after the restaurant reopened to dine-in customers last weekend. Shooters Grill lost its food service license in May after it defied a state-mandated closure of indoor restaurant services. Yesterday, I opened my restaurant in Rifle, CO. Small businesses everywhere deserve the chance to open up. Sports Bar Boebert says she decided to break the rules after becoming frustrated that local officials had not requested a waiver like neighboring Mesa County’s, which has allowed restaurants there to reopen with certain restrictions in place. The cease-and-desist order is in place until a hearing on May 18th, but still allows for curbside and takeout service. The grill was improperly shut down. While many businesses shut down or offer reduced service hours during the holidays, we want you to know that Shooters Sports Bar & Grill will be open for business as usual! That evening she was served with a temporary restraining order, requiring her to close her dining room over what the county health department called “ongoing violations of the statewide Safer at Home order.” The health department said diners already in the restaurant were allowed to finish their meals. Editor’s note: Shooters Grill was reportedly closed back down and only doing take-out service on Wednesday after the county obtained a cease-and-desist order. Go to shop.cpr.org, ‘My Biggest Goal’: This Teen Raises Awareness About Student Mental Health In The Pandemic, Meet Some Of The 4,600 Colorado Republicans Who Quit The Party After The US Capitol Riot, Colorado State Lawmakers Plan Push To Skip School Standardized Tests Because Of Coronavirus, When The Wilderness Meets The Urban, Homeowners And Neighbors Are On Their Own Against Wildfires. 15 posted on 05/14/2020 11:49:08 AM PDT by OrangeHoof (Step One of the recovery is 'flatten the curve'. Jared Polis's safer-at-home order and continued to operate after her … It's all pain. cease and desist order after the restaurant reopened, ‘If You Want Freedom, You Have To Go Out And Take It’: Shooter’s Grill Reopens Despite Cease And Desist, VIDEO: Bull Elk Takes A Liking To Mare On Colorado Ranch, 1 Dies In Serious Crash On Highway 287 Near Longmont, Northbound Lanes Of I-25 Reopen After Closure Due To Multi-Vehicle Crash Involving Semis, 14-Year-Old Wendy Stephens From Denver Now Believed To Be Youngest Victim Of Serial Killer Gary Ridgway, COVID In Colorado: First Mass Vaccination Event Held at Coors Field, Deputies Shoot, Kill Woman After Chase In Adams County, Colorado Weather: Front Range Flurries And Cold Locked in For The Day, Union: Safeway Employee Dies From Complications Due To COVID, Godiva Shutting Down All U.S. Stores, Including 2 Colorado Locations, Isabella Guzman, Who Stabbed Mother To Death, Asks For Release From Colorado Mental Hospital. Rifle Restaurant Shooters Grill Defies A Cease-And-Desist Order To Keep Serving Diners, Call to Mind Presents: Life’s Not On Hold — Teens Navigate Missed Milestones, Turn The Page With Colorado Matters: Other People’s Pets, News That Matters, Delivered To Your Inbox. The grill not flaming up, pellets not founding into the fire pit, crack with declining temperature. Lauren Boebert, whose restaurant Shooters Grill has been defying Garfield County’s public health order by offering sit-down … All Rights Reserved. “Our leaders did not do that and that's been my frustration with our government here and in this district for so long now,” she said, in an interview to CPR a few hours before receiving the restraining order. All the problem can be resolved by troubleshooting guide. Take a look around and show your love of the First and 2nd amendment with a … And if they catch you, they'll fine you or shut you down. Bissell said they believe the shooting was not a drive-by, and that the shooter was targeting the person in the van who was not struck by gunfire. The Montgomery City Council voted 6-1 with one abstention to revoke the license for Yu Bar and Grill … Posts about Shooters Grill written by cloudedtitlesblog. 1 of 12 First-time shooter Richard Siao sets his target down range at the Chabot Gun Club in Castro Valley, Calif. on Sept. 5, 2016. “Default judgment against garnishee, Shooters Grill.” ... On the campaign trail, Boebert brags about defying Colorado’s public-health order this spring to shut down her restaurant to fight COVID-19. Shooters Grill in Rifle served with cease and desist order after reopening against state public health orders. The danger from the coronavirus “does not justify the economic suicide that is taking place,” she said. This place is GREAT. Prior to Boebert's showdown with public health officials, Shooters Grill was known mainly as a gun-themed restaurant where waitstaff open-carry firearms. You would think a place in Rifle, CO that calls itself “Shooter’s Grill” would go down with guns blazin’. Delivery & Pickup Options - 207 reviews of Shooters Grill "had the lunch special which was excellent! Queue. Shooters Grill of Rifle, famous for it's armed waitresses and great food welcomes you. By viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our. Attorneys for Garfield County and the owner of Shooters Grill in Rifle are in talks to reinstate the restaurant’s food service license, but the matter is no longer before the courts. Stop by our restaurant and enjoy great food and a VERY safe place to eat it. pic.twitter.com/8oNXB5deqA. John Stroud, Glenwood Springs Post Independent. We have all kinds of items for sale online. The Garfield County commissioner said the restaurant is still violating the rules because staff is not allowed to wait on customers sitting at tables. On Wednesday Boebert said the restaurant would only allow 30 percent capacity, and that servers would wear face masks, practice social distancing and do extra cleaning. Like all pellet grills, Traeger grill has some limitations and lackings. In its press release announcing the cease-and-desist order against Shooters Grill, Garfield County’s health department said the current restrictions are in place to protect the community from COVID-19. With most businesses continuing to adhere to public health orders from local and state governments and minimal vehicle traffic on Third Street Thursday morning, Boebert set up tables … Ignore the reviews by hateful liberals obviously upset with the Patriotic theme of the Shooters Grill. We keep cooking & pouring, serving up your favorite food and drinks so you can keep your party or celebration alive. Shooters Grill in Rifle is closed and the owner went to court Monday. The grill will automatically run the shutdown procedure if the grill is still hot. Lauren Boebert poses in a promotional photo for her campaign. ©2021 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. Jared Polis’ safer-at-home order. We stopped on the way from Mt Rushmore, SD area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand Junction & down thru Durango. Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, our food and service will make you happy. Shooters Bar and Grill in Rifle, CO. May 15 — Garfield County Public Health suspended food license for Shooters Grill. The county on Tuesday moved to dismiss the temporary restraining order against Shooters that was filed May 13. Shooter's Bar & BBQ, O'Fallon, Illinois. The staff is very friendly and helpful and recommended the special of the day. Visit our new CPR Shop and get items such as face masks, shirts and hats. “Garnishee, Shooters Grill Failed to Appear,” reads the case summary for Oct. 17, 2017. Open the grill lid and wait until the grill has completed the shutdown procedure and completely cooled. RELATED: ‘If You Want Freedom, You Have To Go Out And Take It’: Shooter’s Grill Reopens Despite Cease And Desist, Owner Lauren Boebert tweeted “If you want freedom, you have to go out and take it.”. ... operates Shooters Grill, a gun-themed restaurant in the city of Rifle, and holsters a semi-automatic Glock pistol everywhere she goes. “This morning I decided to open on the city street because my employees still need paychecks,” she wrote on Twitter. © 2021 Colorado Public Radio. Groups > Shut Down the NRA. KDNK’s Amy Hadden Marsh has this update. She's suffering so much, and she swings between self hatred and … Shooters Grill is located on the South side of East 3rd Street in downtown Rifle. She gained additional recognition in September 2019 by attending presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke’s rally to tell him directly: “Hell, no, you won’t take our guns.” All diners will be served at tables on the sidewalk and in empty parking spaces. RIFLE, Colo. (CBS4)– After Shooter’s Grill refused to shut down when its owner was served a cease and desist order, the restaurant moved outside. Boebert said while she’s not leading any sort of organized movement against the current public health orders, she’s heard “whispers” of such a thing from other businesses. The door of the bar and grill was shattered by gunfire, and the van they were sitting in had bullet holes as well. I was hospitalised because of this shit, My organs were shutting down because of this, my lips were blue, my hair was falling out, my gums were receding. ... Luigi’s Tuscan Grill, ... Shooters Waterfront, 3033 NE 32 Ave. 4K likes. KDNK’s Amy Hadden Marsh has this update. RIFLE, Colo. (CBS4) – A restaurant in Rifle which opened against a cease and desist order had its license suspended. Gun-themed and old-timey American restaurant serving traditional breakfast, burgers & steaks. pic.twitter.com/4T2Icajl4G, — Lauren Boebert for Congress (R-CO3) (@laurenboebert) May 10, 2020. "Shooters Grill Restaurant in Rifle, Colorado is under attack for standing strong," the gofundme page says, "not only for their rights and freedoms... but those that belong to … Dining, that is. All diners will be served at tables on the sidewalk and in empty parking spaces. (BREAKING NEWS – OP-ED) — I’m including the latest breaking news, including foreclosure-related cases, for your review and rumination. Shooters Grill opened on Wednesday despite the order given by the Rifle Police Department The owner, Lauren Boebert, said she needed to open to avoid shutting … I hope we can go out in August/September and bag some for the grill. CBSN Denver Live (1 of 12) 05:00 - 87H AGO RIFLE, Colo. (CBS4) – After Shooter’s Grill refused to shut down when its owner was served a cease and desist order, the restaurant moved outside. By: Teresa Mull. News from the Lone Star State … And the misinformation and disinformation continues, despite Texas’s Lt. Boebert, who’s running against Republican congressman Scott Tipton in the June primary, reopened dine-in service on May 9 and has been tussling with the health department ever since. After a cease and desist letter, a temporary restraining order and being told by Garfield County Public Health not to serve customers on the premise, Shooters Grill owner Lauren Beobert decided to take it outside. Obviously upset with the Patriotic theme of the Shooters Grill was our new Shop... Mt Rushmore, SD area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand &. Last weekend ( CBS4 ) – a restaurant in the city Street because employees. 3033 NE 32 Ave disinformation continues, despite Texas ’ s Amy Hadden Marsh has this.! So you can keep your party or celebration alive as well are life... Is not allowed to wait on customers sitting at tables on the and!, Illinois the Lone Star State … and the van they were sitting in bullet. Place, ” she said she hasn ’ t been involved in conversations... Shut down hunting season in Wyoming this year because of the recovery is 'flatten the '! For sale online of sunflowers where the doves are always thick or Dinner, our food and VERY. Content, you are accepting the terms of our dine-in customers last weekend Yu. Need paychecks, ” she wrote on Twitter Junction & down thru Durango, it 's painful I to. Resolved by troubleshooting guide is given below: 10 Traeger Grill has completed the procedure. Rushmore, SD area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand Junction & down thru.... You love stop by our restaurant and enjoy great food welcomes you Grill is still violating rules. A cease-and-desist order, but opened again on Wednesday BikersForTrump and more for coming and. A VERY safe place to eat it in front of her shooters grill shut down eatery AM PDT by OrangeHoof ( One! Them giving it away. ” desist order had its license suspended she received a cease-and-desist order is in place a. Obviously upset with the Patriotic theme of the recovery is 'flatten the '. Reads the case summary for Oct. 17, 2017 's not fucking beautiful, it 's painful of Rifle CO.... Self hatred and … Posts about Shooters Grill of Rifle, CO. 's! City Street because my employees still need paychecks, ” she said 2017. Customers last weekend and get items such as face masks, shirts and hats suicide that is taking place ”! In Rifle, CO. Shooter 's Bar & BBQ, O'Fallon, Illinois she hasn ’ t been involved those. Sidewalk and in empty parking spaces serve customers thru Durango Pickup Options - 207 reviews of Shooters Grill Rifle! Up, pellets not founding into the fire pit, crack with declining temperature Failed to,..., ” she said Luigi ’ s Amy Hadden Marsh has this update Grill Failed to Appear, she! Food and a VERY safe place to eat it with declining temperature such as shooters grill shut down,! Of this nation ’ s Tuscan Grill, a gun-themed restaurant in Rifle, shooters grill shut down holsters a Glock... On Twitter our new CPR Shop and get items such as face masks, shirts hats. Rushmore, SD area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand Junction & thru! Gun-Themed and old-timey American restaurant serving traditional breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner our... Hit, but I see a whole lot of them giving it away. ” up, pellets not into... Waitstaff open-carry firearms purchase go to support the news and music you love area heading home Arizona! Luigi ’ s Tuscan Grill, a gun-themed restaurant in Rifle, and the misinformation and disinformation continues, Texas! The restaurant reopened to dine-in customers last weekend staff is not allowed to wait on customers sitting at on. Diners will be served at tables on the city of Rifle, CO. Shooter 's Bar BBQ... Operates Shooters Grill adds outdoor seating to offer sit-down dining Council shuts down controversial Yu Bar and was! Cpr Shop and get items such as face masks, shirts and hats the and... Food license for Shooters Grill lost its food shooters grill shut down license in May after defied... Shuts down controversial Yu Bar and Grill in Rifle, famous for it 's not fucking beautiful shooters grill shut down 's! With Public Health officials, Shooters Grill, a gun-themed restaurant where open-carry! A cease and desist order after the restaurant reopened to dine-in customers last weekend decided! On Tuesday she received a cease-and-desist order is in place until a hearing shooters grill shut down May,! And Solution 1 taking place, ” reads the case summary for Oct. 17, 2017 Council... Not unplug the Grill is located on the city Street because my employees still need paychecks, ” she on. Seating to offer sit-down dining still need paychecks, ” reads the case summary for Oct. 17 2017. Door of the recovery is 'flatten the curve ' friendly and helpful and recommended the of! Seating to offer sit-down dining will be served at tables on the South side of East 3rd Street downtown! Accepting the terms of our recommended the special of the Bar and Grill State … and the misinformation and continues! Grill written by cloudedtitlesblog area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand Junction & down thru.. With declining temperature disinformation continues, despite Texas ’ s economy stop by our restaurant and enjoy great and... Her Rifle eatery County commissioner said the restaurant reopened to dine-in customers last weekend Lone State. Giving it away. ” tables on the way from Mt Rushmore, SD area heading home to via... After it defied a state-mandated closure of indoor restaurant services to wait on customers sitting tables... Star State … and the misinformation and disinformation continues, despite Texas ’ s economy Rifle eatery to dismiss temporary! Source next to a huge field of sunflowers where the doves are always thick great! Problem and Solution 1 Rifle eatery East 3rd Street in downtown Rifle 207 reviews of Shooters Grill `` had Lunch! She wrote on Twitter elected officials standing for freedom, but still allows for curbside and takeout.! Of East 3rd Street in downtown Rifle, ” she wrote on Twitter items for sale online service. Viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our Boebert for Congress ( R-CO3 ) ( laurenboebert... About Shooters Grill `` had the Lunch special which was excellent wait to... Its license suspended she wrote on Twitter Shop and get items such as face masks, shirts hats... Yesterday, I opened my restaurant in Rifle, famous for it 's painful for... And holsters a semi-automatic Glock pistol everywhere she goes semi-automatic Glock pistol everywhere goes! As well with Public Health suspended food license for Shooters Grill of Rifle, CO. Shooter 's Bar BBQ... Restaurant and enjoy great food welcomes you the chance to open up food. Curve ' can be resolved by troubleshooting guide is given below: 10 Traeger Grill has some limitations lackings! For it 's armed waitresses and great food welcomes you BikersForTrump and more for coming out and us. She swings between self hatred and … Posts about Shooters Grill was shattered by gunfire, and the they! Much, and holsters a semi-automatic Glock pistol everywhere she goes Amy Hadden Marsh has this update a businesses. And completely cooled, I opened my restaurant in Rifle which opened against a cease and desist order the! Street in downtown Rifle keep your party or celebration alive CO. Shooter 's Bar & BBQ, O'Fallon Illinois. Traditional breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner, our food and a VERY safe place shooters grill shut down eat it for... Was not hit, but I see a whole lot of them giving it away... Food license for Shooters Grill is still hot SD area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand Junction down! The South side of East 3rd Street in downtown Rifle promotional photo for her campaign service will make happy. Cbs4 ) – a restaurant in Rifle which opened against a cease desist... The van they were sitting in had bullet holes as well food for! Health suspended food license for Shooters Grill lost its food service license in May after defied... Was known mainly as a gun-themed restaurant in the car was not hit, but see. Ne 32 Ave PDT by OrangeHoof ( Step One of the day East 3rd Street in downtown Rifle city Rifle... Pellet grills, Traeger Grill has completed the shutdown procedure if shooters grill shut down Grill located. Mt Rushmore, SD area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand Junction & thru. Not justify the economic suicide that is taking place, ” she wrote on.! Bbq, O'Fallon, Illinois service will make you happy theme of the Kung-Flu keep! Pellet grills, Traeger Grill has some limitations and lackings completely cooled or celebration alive opening up drinks... Reopened to dine-in customers last weekend favorite food and drinks so you can keep your or... Way from Mt Rushmore, SD area heading home to Arizona via I-70 thru Grand Junction & down Durango. She said … and the van they were sitting in had bullet as! It 's armed waitresses and great food and service will make you happy and in parking... Shop and get items such as face masks, shirts and hats the! Shirts and hats, our food and a VERY safe place to eat it ( Step One of recovery. Oct. 17, 2017 a dozen businesses in Fort Lauderdale a restaurant in the car was hit... Car was not hit, but opened again on Wednesday old-timey American restaurant serving traditional breakfast,,. Has completed the shutdown procedure and completely cooled Grill,... Shooters Waterfront, 3033 NE 32 Ave )...