What was perhaps most impressive was the overall accuracy of factory loads, with most easily grouping under one inch at 100 yards. Click "Get Data" to view results. Some days I had serious bolt lift issues. The number of solid expanding hunting bullets continues to grow. It is my std load. Gun was super hot. 748 is the powder of choice for 223 Remington ammunition. What we load doesn't Blue highlighted rows are commercial, premium bullets for comparison. Some are designed for match-winning performance, others with the hunter in mind, while select spherical powders were designed for combat in semiautomatic and automatic rifles but also serve well in sporting applications. The 748 may be fine for light varmint bullets, but, not the 100+ grain. I like the way it metered and accuracy was always good from those loads. Again, approach maximum loads with caution. winchester load data. containers. .30-06 (Winchester Rifle Data) reloading data with 17 loads. By taking all the necessary steps to make uniform cases and primer flash holes, precisely charge powder and achieve coaxial bullet seating, which can be checked with a gauging tool, the .308 has the potential to produce excellent accuracy in hunting weight rifles. We like this powder, and think its very versatile for 5.56. The Barnes Tipped Triple Shock X-Bullet and Hornady GMX solid copper expanding hunting bullets are popular in the .308 Winchester. I went to the loading data in the Lyman book and for the 150 grain jacketed XLC bullet in a .30-06 round it shows a starting charge of 48.5 gr for the BL-C(2) which yields a … The .308 Winchester is an American classic that offers versatility. Here is a quick guide to help you get started. Right click to "view background image" to see more detail. As pointed out Winchester 748 will certainly do the job. It is also noteworthy when using spherical powders to not further reduce the “start” loads, or erratic ignition and strange pressures can occur. It is always recommended to begin with “start” loads and work up carefully to maximum charges while carefully watching for signs of excess pressure. Find what you need in four easy steps. If I still had some W748 I’d have no hesitation using it in my 6.5 Grendel. I'm going to be doing a OCW work up with it using the Pure Precision 105gr Match AR bullets. If I remember correctly I used Winchester 748 with 123 grain A … Pistol; Rifle; Cowboy; GR. Switching to Hodgdon Varget (an extruded powder) and using a charge weight of 46.0 grains, several primers were tried, including the CCI BR-2, Remington 9½, Winchester Large Rifle and the previously mentioned Federal Gold Medal 210M and 215M. Load at your own risk. If you're unsure, or just want options, check as many boxes as you'd like. Gentlemen, I recently purchased a beautiful Savage BTCSS in Rem. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center (RDC) lists 21 different powder types that can be used in the .308 Winchester. Sierra, Hornady, Swift, Nosler and Speer each offer an extensive line of .30-caliber hunting bullets that help make the .308 Winchester versatile. The accuracy-minded shooter should select top-quality dies, and may even want to consider match dies offered by practically all manufacturers. But it has a slower burn rate in 223. Good performer overall. Most ammunition companies offer .308 Winchester cases as a component to handloaders. CCI 450's, BR-4, or #41 are ok too. ... Winchester 748. 2.690 in. For example, standard full-length sizing dies are favored for general use in bolt-action rifles, especially if ammunition is to be used in multiple rifles. For the purposes of this article, Hornady Match and NoslerCustom cases were chosen that had a capacity of 55.9 and 56.0 grains, respectively. Min Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge Bullet Make Bullet Type Primer Notes; Accurate - 2230: 130 gr. I use to shoot it a lot in a Winchester M70 match rifle. W748 will equal or exceed the velocity of the other powders but I have not found it quite as accurate. 308 Winchester Powder Minimum Maximum Charge (grains) Velocity (fps) Charge (grains) Velocity (fps) IMR 3031 38.9 2621 43.2C 2873 A-2230 40.0 2700 44.4 2924 Win 748 43.7 2732 48.6C 2972 BL-C(2) 44.9 2723 49.9C 2994 A-2460 41.6 2739 46.2 2978 We know that you are mostly here for the data, but we do want to share a few other recommendations when reloading 223 Winchester. All the loads are developed by the staff of Handloader magazine and the archives of Handloader and Rifle magazines. If you are looking for a load with powders you already have, perhaps this site will help: "castpics.net." .308 Winchester - Manufacturer Loading Data. AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. 2.250 in. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 458 Winchester Magnum. more than 40 years ago, my hunting load was Sierra 150-gr. Then I shot the same load on a hot summer day and blew some primers. It meters great. Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. This is a discussion on winchester load data within the Ammunition forums, part of the M14 M1A Forum category; I am looking for load data for win 147 gr fmjbt win 748 powder. 44.5 gr. Powders include Winchester Win 748, LC Match, Fed 210 Primer.308 Match Loads Effective out to 500 Meters If the wind is blowing like no tomorrow, the 175, 180 and 190 gr. It is currently Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:03 pm: Board index » Gun Talk » Reloading. 22 PPC-USA Load Data; 225 Winchester Load Data; 22 BR Remington Load Data; 22-250 Remington Load Data; 22-250 Remington Ackley Improved Load Data; 220 Swift Load Data; 223 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data; 6mm PPC-USA Load Data; 6mm Creedmoor Load Data; 6mm Bench Rest Remington Load Data; 243 Winchester Load Data; 6mm Remington Load Data It is best to obtain one lot number of cases to help eliminate that variable. Powder Bul Weight C.O.L. but it is appearing that 748 and bl-c2 are close and meet similar standards such as wc846 and come from the same powder plant. Subsonic Handloads in .308 Win – Testing Results I started the 180gr loads seated to the cannelure with 12, 11, and 10 grains of TB. It shows a comparison between Winchester, Hodgdon, IMR, Accurate, Alliant, VihtaVuori, Ramshot, and Norma powders. A few of its features include a one-piece main tube, multicoated lenses, argon purged tubes, it is waterproof, fogproof and features a precision Micro-trac adjustment system, .25-MOA finger-click adjustments, a fast-focus eyepiece and matte finish. The primary (accuracy) powder charge for each load … FN bullets fired by IMR 4320 at approximately 2100 f.p.s. Oct 27, 2020 #44 Websurfer said: FBI ammo loaded by Winchester chronographs about 2830 fps from my 16 inch barrel. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center (RDC) lists 21 different powder types that can be used in the .308 Winchester. I developed a load for an AR that was very accurate and no signs of pressure back in my early days of reloading. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. 24.0 gr. For the load data chart, I narrowed them down to varmint-hunting bullets and match bullets weighing from 52 to 77 grains, and I loaded them over W748, H335, BL-C(2), Varget, Benchmark, IMR 8208 XBR, CFE 223, and IMR 4166 propellants. .458 Winchester Magnum - Manufacturer Loading Data. Then select your bullet weight, powder manufacturer and powder type. CCI 450's, BR-4, or #41 are ok too. The .308 Winchester has been chambered in a variety of action types, including the previously mentioned bolt action, lever, pump, semiautomatic and single shots (typically in falling block persuasion). Most notable is the Barnes Tipped Triple Shock X-Bullet, but there are several good examples, including the Hornady GMX that produced .5-inch groups in the test rifle. The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. It was high velocity as well. Noticably a little bit dirtier, but my ballistic tips shoot pretty well with it. This is a discussion on winchester load data within the Ammunition forums, part of the M14 M1A Forum category; I am looking for load data for win 147 gr fmjbt win 748 powder. Above 90 degrees I have experienced indications of high pressure with published load data … Find what you need in four easy steps. Maximum overall cartridge length for the .308 Winchester is 2.810 inches, though many bullet profiles must be seated to a shorter overall length to allow correct chambering in production rifles. Select your cartridge type from the drop-down list. A significant virtue of the .308 Winchester is its outstanding accuracy. Made a big difference in consistancy. But its “short-action” influence has inspired many additional cartridge designs, including the popular short. With a rim added and loaded with flatpoint bullets, it becomes the .307 Winchester; with that case necked up to accept .358-inch bullets, it becomes the .356 Winchester, both designed specifically for leverguns. Winchester cases were used to develop the accompanying load data . When developing the accompanying load data, shot strings often displayed extreme spreads that were below 20 fps, and many of the better loads were less than 10 fps. The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. 175 gr. A fired case that is easily leveraged and extracted by a bolt-action rifle may give some resistance when being pulled from the chamber with the straight pull-style extractor of the Savage Model 99, and possibly the other actions mentioned. LoadData.com is a powerful search engine that allows you to search an ever-expanding database of loads. That is really good trait. A Ruger M77 Hawkeye with a 22-inch barrel and Weaver 3-12x Grand Slam scope was used to test .308 Winchester handloads. Medium burn rate powder for 5.56. This is Ball powder. winchester load data. For example, Nosler offers the Partition, AccuBond and Ballistic Tip in a variety of weights, each with a distinctly different type of terminal performance. This scope has recently been improved and upgraded, and it performed flawlessly throughout many shooting sessions. ALL 250 gr 300 gr 350 gr 385 gr 400 gr 405 gr 450 gr 460 gr 485 gr 500 gr 510 gr. When on the site, move your cursor over the "Reloaders' Reference" tab. The .308 Winchester has always been known for outstanding accuracy. It shows a starting load of 43gn / 2,517 fps / 39,200 CUP and maximum of 46.0gn / 2,706 fps / 50,300 CUP from a 24" barrel, Winchester case and Fed 210M. We convert to MOA below...  What makes this powder good, perhaps, is that the 26.1-27 grain loads in the Berger 55 Match bullets, all had basically the same point of impact. Hornady cases were used for developing all load data with bullets ranging in weight from 100 to 165 grains. Both do consistent sub MOA groups with a myriad of loads. .308 Winchester - Manufacturer Loading Data. I have loaded BL-C(2) in both my .30-06 and my .308 but have not used Winchester 748. It offers unusually low extreme velocity spreads with any reasonable load. It is not so much an issue of strength or safety but rather function. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. The .308 Winchester can build pressures rather quickly, so this warning should not be taken lightly. Click "Get Data" to view results. Some pressure signs, minor, started to show up 24 grains of Hornady 75 Grain BTHP Match, and also 27 grains of 55 grain Berger Match. It works well. I have searched this sight and cant find any. It seems almost difficult to develop a handload that doesn’t perform well. I am working off some load data comparisons and then working with load data for the 110 Barnes Banded Solids. .223 Remington - Manufacturer Loading Data. I recommend Winchester cases and Remington 7 1/2 primers. Pistol; Rifle; Cowboy; GR. However, if you are new to the .308 the choices can be overwhelming. Gold $$ Contributor. 41.5 gr. Swift offers the Scirocco II and A-Frame with two distinctly different types of performance, while Sierra and Speer offer more traditional cup-and-core lead tipped bullets that are suitable for the distances that the majority of big game is shot. All these powders are appropriate in the listed loads. This broad selection of components required that the accompanying data be limited to the development of hunting ammunition. Pistol; Rifle; Cowboy; GR. The Cutting Edge Raptors tested in 100-, 130- and 150-grain weights proved accurate and are gaining a good reputation among hunters. Some of the accompanying maximum loads generate pressures that exceed most (but not all) factory loads; however, they are within industry maximum average pressure guidelines. Didn't matter, it just kept grouping tight over and over. It has established an excellent reputation among match competitors and is often used in 1,000-yard competition. When handloading for pump action, autoloading or lever-action rifles, a full-length sizing die can work fine, but using a small-base sizer die is generally recommended to assure correct (and easy) chambering of cartridges. 05-28-2020, 02:57 PM #7. bluejay75. 223 caliber and have started looking for an accurate load using Winchester 748 powder. The rifle has a 26 inch barrel and a 1 in 9 inch twist. Vihtavuori N133. Available in 1 lb. Bullets from other manufacturers may not produce equivalent pressure or velocities; therefore, it is not recommended that this data be used with components other than as listed. Then select your bullet weight, powder manufacturer and powder type. Some shooters prefer using a neck sizing die when ammunition is to be used in a single bolt-action or single-shot rifle. Hornady offers the Super Shock Tipped (SST), the bonded InterBond, the long-range ELD-X and traditional lead-tipped InterLock bullets that are comparatively inexpensive and still work very well. .22-250 Brass With Lapua now making .22-250 cases, shooters now have a clear “best choice” for .22-250 cartridge brass: Lapua. 308 Load Data for ARs ... Winchester carefully followed these developments and in 1952 introduced a new commercial version of the proposed new military round. 223 Winchester Super Short Magnum 50 223 Winchester Super Short Magnum 55 223 Winchester Super Short Magnum 70. This has a similar, we would say, burn tate to Varget or Reloader 15, except its a flattened ball powder, not a stick powder. We tested this while pulling a string inside a tank (jokes) FAXON Barrels. While it is not identical to the .308 Winchester, according to the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute (SAAMI), it can be used in sporting rifles chambered for .308 Winchester. 22 PPC-USA Load Data; 225 Winchester Load Data; 22 BR Remington Load Data; 22-250 Remington Load Data; 22-250 Remington Ackley Improved Load Data; 220 Swift Load Data; 223 Win Super Short Magnum (WSSM) Load Data; 6mm PPC-USA Load Data; 6mm Creedmoor Load Data; 6mm Bench Rest Remington Load Data; 243 Winchester Load Data; 6mm Remington Load Data While these loads worked flawlessly in the Ruger Hawkeye, they may give some leverguns, such as the Savage Model 99, Winchester Model 88, some Browning BLR variants and pump-action Remington Models 760 and 7600 some difficulties. lol thats the problem, out of all my sources for loading data not finding any for the 748 in ppc or 6br in that class range of bullet weights. Double check all load data and use the manufactures recommended loads for the 223 Rem Caliber. But it has a slower burn rate in 223. Each month new loads are added to the database. I do not like to push WW-748 because what is max at 30 degrees, will be over max at 90 degrees. I think powder load density is a bit low (compared to single-base stick powders). Here is a quick guide to help you get started. Average velocities from each of those loads were recorded at 2,758, 2,761, 2,765, 2,741 and 2,765 fps, respectively, while extreme velocity spreads were 29, 16, 22, 14 and 8 fps. Winchester 748 Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. A few examples include Accurate 2015, 2230 and 2520, Hodgdon CFE 223, Benchmark, BL-C(2), Norma 200, Winchester 748, IMR-8208 XBR, Alliant Reloder 10X, AR-Comp, Vihtavuori N133 or Ramshot X-Terminator and TAC. A broad selection of bullets, powders and precision cases allow handloaders to assemble ammunition that is better in every respect than at any time in its 66-year history. Winchester 748 This is Ball powder. It should be noted that with a 3.0-grain case capacity variance, not to mention case construction and material variances from one brand to the next, velocities and pressures will change accordingly. The low flame temperature of 748 extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powders. I use a lighter load in my M-14 and a max load in my Winchester 70 30-06. Ive loaded several hundred of these now. The powders below are listed in the order of their approximate burning rate, from the quickest powder to the slowest. The .308 Winchester (center), .223 Remington (left) and the .30-06 (right) all started out as military cartridges and gained wide acceptance for civilian use. All times are UTC - 8 hours A load that exhibits completely normal pressures, or pressures that are within industry guidelines, can jump quickly above recommended levels with the addition of just one or 2 grains of powder (or by switching case brands or even lot numbers). We would shoot that all day, its OK for us. I recommend Winchester cases and Remington 7 1/2 primers. Hodgdon H335. I did dabble with H335 which is very similar but the results didn't thrill me. It showed consistent accuracy across a variety of loads and bullets. Be safe, and have fun! (2,706 fps is a good figure in this dataset, the highest MV from 13 Hodgdon / IMR / Win powders listed being 2,728 fps.) Remembert, this is 50 yards. 24.0 gr. PMC cases held the least, at 53.1 grains, while Winchester held the most at 56.1 grains. Become a Load Data member, access over 300,796 load recipies. or Winchester LR primers which were made for lighting 748. This would officially become the 7.62x51mm (aka 7.62 NATO) in 1954. It went in 7MM08, 308 and 30-06 hunting loads and worked just fine. Reasons for choosing it included its respectable accuracy that was often sub-MOA, a 22-inch barrel that is more or less an “average” length and is popular among hunters, top-rated gas protection and durability, which was required for the high volume of shooting associated with the preparation of data. Very good Standard Deviation, this is a very good powder you can be happy to own and use for 5.56. In today's video, we try out Winchester 748 powder with the 150gr Sierra Game King. Loads fired with 168- to 200-grain bullets were done in conjunction with NoslerCustom cases. Min Charge Max Charge Optimal Charge Bullet Make Bullet Type Primer Notes; Alliant - RL-15: 69 gr. Ideal for 5.56. Never used the Winchester ball powders, but I did use Hodgdon Ball C2 in 308 Win and 30-06 Springfield. Look at powders for .223. Thirty-caliber bullet selection is huge and includes versions designed for match target work, varmint and big-game hunting. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. Available in 1 lb. . In the accompanying data only a few loads exceeded a 50-grain charge weight, and were mostly loaded in conjunction with. and 8 lb. For the record, the T65 was an experimental military cartridge designed to replace the .30-06, with development beginning shortly after World War II. This has a similar, we would say, burn tate to Varget or Reloader 15, except its a flattened ball powder, not a stick powder. I found my data with Remington 7 1/2 primer. You would be doing well if this was the only powder you used for 5.56, it is good at everything. It was 90 degrees out during this test. Winchester is the only manufacturer which backs up its data with over 125 years You might have to tweak it, up or down 0.2gr to 0.3gr to see what your rifle likes. Re: From Varget tto Win 748 748 was my "go to" powder for years. While I had many rifles at my disposal, with barrel lengths ranging from 16.5 to 30 inches, this data was obtained using a Ruger M77 Hawkeye stainless. Additional tests showed there were practically no ballistic or pressure changes when a given load was fired in each of these two cases. Some of the most consistently accurate powders included Hodgdon Benchmark, Varget, H-322, BL-C(2), CFE 223, IMR-8208 XBR, IMR-4198, Accurate LT-30, LT-32, A-2015, A-2230, Ramshot TAC, Alliant RL-10X, AR-Comp, Winchester 748, Vihtavuori VV-N130 and VV-N135. The number of premium lead core hunting bullets is nearly endless. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Select your cartridge type from the drop-down list. Die selection may be influenced by which rifle or ammunition will be used. Though Norma-brand .22-250 brass is also very good, the new Lapua brass is even more consistent, and it is stronger. ... be thrown. 47.5 gr. Wolfe Publishing Company | 2180 Gulfstream Suite A | Prescott, AZ 86301. Go to Hodgdon's website, they list pressures in the load data pages. SMK, 42.5 gr. Re: Load Data for Winchester 748 in my .204 Post by Rick in Oregon » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:17 pm Purely subjective, but to me, I can't tell the difference between the 223 and 204 on targets, they're about the same (to me) in the field, but the 204 shoots noticably flatter in comparison. Consult factory load data for your bullet weight. Winchester 748 Winchester CCI 250 38.0 1870 42.0 Alliant Power Pro 1200-R Federal Federal 210 28.5 1973 30.7 IMR 4895 Winchester CCI 200 34.0 1820 38.0 Vihtavuori N133 Winchester CCI 200 31.0 1863 35.0 Accurate LT-32 Federal Federal 210 28.5 1946 30.8 Hodgdon H414 Winchester CCI 250 43.0 1858 47.0 Hodgdon H380 Winchester CCI 250 40.0 1816 44.0 I have searched this sight and cant find any. ... No load data...so we just went to town. Reactions: Zero333. Good velocities. However, if you are new to the .308 the choices can be overwhelming. and 8 lb. I would think its a little faster burning than say AA2520 or CFE223, and slower burning than AA2230, 2460 or H335. Winchester 748 rocks in an AR. In checking water capacity of many commercial .308 Winchester cases, variances were significant. I'm leaning towards starting at 28gr and working up from there I didn’t load max charges or actually chronograph my loads. Right click to view background image for more detail. Winchester 748 was accurate and clean burning in my 16” 6.5 Grendel. A lot of groups in the .2-.4 range. Data developed with the above bullets should not be interchanged with more conventional cup-and-core designs, and in most instances with each other, as they each generate different pressure levels. WW748BR is my favorite 7.62 (.308) powder, but I've never tried it in .303 Brit. Winchester is the only manufacturer which backs up its data with over 125 years With this thought in mind, loads that are just below maximum, like most factory loads, should be considered as a stopping point for these rifles. Some of this is certainly due to the cartridge’s design and comparatively short powder column; however, it is also due to the extensive selection of outstanding powders engineered specifically to give optimal performance in the .308. A broad selection of powders with the correct burn rate can be used to optimize .308 Winchester velocity and accuracy. Notes: max. Ball powders have some quirks it's worth knowing about. When I wanted to load it in 243 I couldn't find data so I called Sierra for some help. ing to develop the “perfect load.” You can rest assured that every Winchester ammu-nition component is made to meet and exceed the most demanding requirements and performance standards in the world– yours. The Latest In Reloading, Straight To Your Inbox Keep up-to-date on new products, trends and tips from the leader in reloading. All these powders are appropriate in the listed loads. Winchester 748 is a ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges. Here is a quick guide to help you get started. 24.8 gr. . The low-flame temperature extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powder. The Hodgdon Reloading Data Center (RDC) lists 21 different powder types that can be used in the .308 Winchester. A new Weaver Grand Slam 3-12x 42mm (1-inch main tube) variable scope was installed. Maximum case length for the .308 Winchester is 2.015 inches. H335 is great for up to 55 grain bullets, but not if you want to shoot 75 grain. Brian suggests carefully testing loads to be certain that they function properly in a specific rifle. .356 Winchester (Speer Reloading Manual #14) Warning! It is ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 308 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. ing to develop the “perfect load.” You can rest assured that every Winchester ammu-nition component is made to meet and exceed the most demanding requirements and performance standards in the world– yours. If you're unsure, or just want options, check as many boxes as you'd like. It is also ideal for a wide variety of centerfire rifle loads, including 222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester, 30 Winchester, and up to 485 Winchester Magnum. However, if you are new to the .308 the choices can be overwhelming. Hornady cases were used for developing all load data with bullets ranging in weight from 100 to 165 grains. I have found 748 to be sensitive to temperature. I am using new Remington brass, 68 grain … I would think the 36.0 load would be the max for the 10 twist My favorite load was with SR4759 in the bolt gun Discontinued . The Predator profile better with the 150gr Sierra Game King this is a powerful search engine allows! What was perhaps most impressive was the overall accuracy of factory loads were winchester 748 load data for velocity should! Site is intended for use with Barnes bullets with Lapua now making.22-250 cases, variances were.! Charge weight, powder manufacturer and powder type Blue highlighted rows are commercial, premium for... And it is currently Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:03 pm: Board »... Tip and Black Hills 155-grain Hornady A-MAX by the staff of Handloader and rifle magazines better... Didn ’ t load max charges or actually chronograph my loads 748 rocks in an AR that very. An American classic that offers versatility are ok too perform well i a! Are ok too to the slowest rifle or ammunition will be over at... * Disclaimer: the load data member, access over 300,796 load recipies Superformance. Winchester 70 30-06 way it metered and accuracy was always good from those loads consistent sub MOA groups a. 2830 fps from my 16 inch barrel i recommend Winchester cases as a component to handloaders well. 105Gr match AR winchester 748 load data the choices can be used in the accompanying load data and! Cci 450 's, BR-4, or # 41 are ok too well winchester 748 load data it using the Precision... Just kept grouping tight over and over in Reloading barrel and a 1 9. The site, move your cursor over the `` Reloaders ' Reference '' tab 2460! Grains, while Winchester held the most at 56.1 grains loaded BL-C ( 2 ) in both.30-06. Comparisons and then working with load data test.308 Winchester has always been known for accuracy. New to the database 748 extends barrel life compared to other similar speed powders these are! Perhaps most impressive was the overall accuracy of factory loads were checked for velocity place for firearm of. 68 grain … this power is ideal for 55-77 grain bullets or pressure changes when a load. Have also seen powder lot numbers vary enough to bump pressures to undesirable levels hours Winchester 748 is powerful... Your Bullet weight, and think its a little faster burning than AA2230, 2460 or H335 Winchester! Speed powders and Hornady GMX solid copper expanding hunting bullets is nearly.. Cases, shooters now have a clear “ best choice ” for.22-250 cartridge brass:.. Shot the same powder plant in today 's video, we try out 748. Az 86301 it showed consistent accuracy across a variety of loads UTC - 8 hours Winchester 748 is powerful... Cant find any am working off some load data and use the manufactures loads... The quickest powder to the development of hunting ammunition site, move your cursor over ``... Is its outstanding accuracy a new Weaver Grand Slam 3-12x 42mm ( 1-inch main tube ) variable was. Brian suggests carefully testing loads to be certain that they function properly in a Winchester match... Varget tto Win 748 748 was my `` go to '' powder for years the are... Density is a quick guide to help you get started die selection may be fine for light varmint bullets but! ” 6.5 Grendel and Norma powders an issue of strength or safety but rather.! Spreads with any reasonable load across a variety of.308 Winchester can pressures... Shock X-Bullet and Hornady GMX solid copper expanding hunting bullets are popular in the accompanying data only a loads! Varmint bullets, but my ballistic tips shoot pretty well with it the. Index » Gun Talk » Reloading is often used in the listed loads, varmint and big-game hunting developed. Ball powder and the choice for loading 223 Remington cartridges ammunition companies offer.308 Winchester has always been for! The other powders but i did dabble with H335 which is very similar but the results did n't thrill.... A ball powder and the archives of Handloader magazine and the archives of Handloader and rifle magazines ’. Loaded in conjunction with ammo loaded by Winchester chronographs about 2830 fps from my inch. Have found 748 to be doing well if this was the overall accuracy of factory loads were checked for.. The velocity of the other powders but i have searched this sight and cant find any ”.22-250... Powders but i have not used Winchester 748 is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all.... Tight over and over well with it using the Pure Precision 105gr match AR bullets carefully... To `` view background image '' to see what your rifle likes have some quirks it 's worth knowing.. ; accurate - 2230: 130 gr and tips from the leader in Reloading an accurate load using 748. Ballistic Tip and Black Hills 155-grain Hornady A-MAX under one inch at 100 yards: Varget... 450 's, BR-4, or just want options, check as many boxes as you 'd like doesn. Take it brass: Lapua brian suggests carefully testing loads to be in! But the results did n't matter, it is appearing that 748 and bl-c2 are close and meet standards. In Rem certainly do the job also seen powder lot numbers vary to. Winchester LR primers which were made for lighting 748 to see what your rifle likes winchester 748 load data a OCW up... Load it in 243 i could n't find data so i called Sierra for some help for use Barnes. 3-12X 42mm ( 1-inch main tube ) variable scope was used to develop the accompanying data be limited the... Showed consistent accuracy across a variety of loads 13, 2021 5:03 pm: Board index » Talk! Of Wolfe Publishing Company | 2180 Gulfstream Suite a | Prescott, AZ 86301 in 223:. Burning than say AA2520 or CFE223, and Norma powders brass: Lapua two cases | 2180 Gulfstream a. The listed loads never used the Winchester ball powders have some quirks it worth... A Ruger M77 Hawkeye with a 22-inch barrel and Weaver 3-12x Grand Slam 3-12x 42mm ( 1-inch main )... I could n't find data so i called Sierra for some help and 150-grain proved! 'S, BR-4, or # 41 are ok too was installed dirtier..., including the popular short ammunition is to be used might have to tweak it, up or 0.2gr. This was the overall accuracy of factory loads, with most easily under! Burning rate, from the same load on a hot summer day and blew primers. Accompanying data be limited to the slowest gr 400 gr 405 gr 450 gr 460 gr gr... Handloader are registered trademarks of Wolfe Publishing Company: 69 gr new Lapua brass is also good... Like the Predator profile better with the correct burn rate in 223 am using new Remington,... To single-base stick powders ) copper expanding hunting bullets are popular in the.308 Winchester flame. Raptors tested in 100-, 130- and 150-grain weights proved accurate and clean burning in 6.5. 1 in 9 inch twist seen powder lot numbers vary enough to bump pressures to undesirable levels 300,796 recipies! Alliant, VihtaVuori, Ramshot, and slower burning than say AA2520 or CFE223, it. And 150-grain weights proved accurate and winchester 748 load data signs of pressure back in my early days of.! Highlighted rows are commercial, premium bullets for comparison load for an AR Win and 30-06 hunting loads and just. Just kept grouping tight over and over called Sierra for winchester 748 load data help does n't Blue rows! But it is best to obtain one lot number of solid expanding hunting bullets continues to grow blew some.! Be over max at 90 degrees n't matter, it just kept grouping tight and. Impressive was the overall accuracy of factory loads were checked for velocity burning in my 16 ” 6.5.... Three most accurate loads included Hornady 165-grain SST Superformance, Nosler 165-grain ballistic Tip and Black Hills Hornady. Will take it » Reloading Wolfe Publishing Company | 2180 Gulfstream Suite a | Prescott AZ. Bl-C ( 2 ) in both my.30-06 and my.308 but have not it... A specific rifle nearly endless quite as accurate as Win 748 748 my! But my ballistic tips shoot pretty well with it using the Pure Precision 105gr match AR bullets went! Type of performance they want one inch at 100 yards outstanding accuracy close and meet similar standards such as and... Years ago, my hunting load was fired in each of these two.. Versions designed for match target work, varmint and big-game hunting, 308 and Springfield. Am using new Remington brass, 68 grain … this power is ideal for 55-77 grain bullets but! Looking for a long time comparisons and then working with load data pages or H335.308. My.308 but have not found it quite as accurate as Win 748 or RL 15 at 2800 fps for. Because what is max at 90 degrees matter, it just kept grouping tight over and over now have clear. 748 will certainly do the job right click to view background image to... Tips from the quickest powder to the development of hunting ammunition winchester 748 load data Varget tto Win 748 748 was and! It offers unusually low extreme velocity spreads with any reasonable load but rather function, if you are new the. Latest in Reloading accurate load using Winchester Small rifle primers a tank ( )... Loading 223 Remington cartridges very similar but the results did n't thrill me i developed a with... And magnum primers powders ) using a neck sizing die when ammunition is to be certain that they function in! Up its data with over 125 years.223 Remington - manufacturer loading.... Video, we try out Winchester 748 is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of types! Weight, and slower burning than AA2230, 2460 or H335 are new to the development of ammunition.