Before Fame. Continue reading YG Entertainment CEO Yang Min Suk resigns soon after K-pop star Yang Hyun Suk steps down from all positions in company. Yang Hyun Suk resigns from YG Entertainment AKP STAFF Yang Hyun Suk has officially resigned from the head producer and all other positions at YG Entertainment . But news reports suspect that Yang Hyun Suk hasn’t completely let go of the reigns. The company had fostered artists Millic, offonoff, Punchnello, Code Kunst, The Black Skirts, Idio… Send us a tip using our anonymous form. In a decision on Nov. 27, Judge Park Soo-hyun of the Seoul Western District Court imposed the fine on Yang. Yang Hyun-suk, the head and co-founder of K-pop giant YG Entertainment, has resigned as the label remains engulfed in sex and drug scandals. YG still remains in the hands of Yang Hyun Suk and Yang Min Suk”. Hwang Bo Kyung has been working for YG since 2001; she was serving as the executive director and CFO. YG being stabilized as soon as possible is what I am hoping from the bottom of my heart. Personal life Trivia “For the past 23 years have I devoted half of my entire life to grow YG [Entertainment],” Yang said in a statement. The endorser for the game will be YG Entertainment’s BIGBANG. His brother Yang Min-suk, the agency’s chief executive, also stepped down, according to a regulatory filing. Sign up for our newsletter. With the company he is known for having to help launch the careers of groups such as Big Bang. YG Entertainment is among the top K-Pop record labels but its shares have more than … He entered the entertainment industry in 1997 at his brothers insistence. The fallout from the Burning Sun scandal has caused YG’s stock to plummet, while Seungri was ultimately forced into retirement for his role. The other big artist involved was singer Jung Joon-young, who also retired after admitting he filmed women without their consent and shared the footage with others. Yang Hyun Suk has dedicated 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment. Recently, Yang has been accused of trying to cover up allegations that B.I., the lead singer of YG outfit iKON, used illegal drugs. Yang was indicted earlier this year for gambling overseas with three other associates from YG and its affiliate company YGX from 2015 to 2019. Now Thad Cockrell’s Playing ‘The Tonight Show’, Big Thief’s Adrianne Lenker Performs Sublime ‘Anything’ on ‘Colbert’, Watch a Jawa Play ‘Eruption’ in Fan-Made Tribute to Eddie Van Halen. The company operates as a record label, talent agency, music production company, event management and concert production company, and music publishing house. His brother Yang Min-suk, the firm’s chief executive, has also resigned. YG Entertainment‘s Yang Hyun Suk has released an official statement, announcing that he will be stepping down from all positions at the agency. Yang Hyun-suk announced Friday he had stepped down from all posts he holds at YG Entertainment. HIGHGRND (read as "high ground") was an independent sub-label headed by Epik High's Tablo. A representative from YG Entertainment had stated they will be collaborating with China’s biggest game publisher company for a mobile app game called ‘We Moba’. South Korean business executive who is widely recognized for having co-founded the entertainment giant YG Entertainment with his older brother Yang Hyun-suk. “But today I am leaving all my duties at YG. In his statement, Yang Hyun Suk apologized to the YG artists and fans and announced that he will resign from his positions in order to prevent further damage on both the artists and fans. Authorities in South Korea are reportedly also investigating claims that Yang provided prostitutes to potential investors. In 2014 he was able to secure contracts for a number of South Korea's largest actors including Cha Seung-won. Want more Rolling Stone? YG Entertainment has finally unveiled their new CEO! With the company he is known for having to help launch the careers of groups such as Big Bang. The obvious answer to that was provided today as they promoted Hwang Bo Kyung to CEO. After a series of scandals involving himself and his management artists, especially recent drug case involving B.I of iKON, Yang Hyun Suk and YG Entertainment CEO, his brother, Yang Min Suk, stepped down from the company on June 14 th, 2019. Yang Hyun-suk, the co-founder and head of the giant K-pop label, agency and production company, YG Entertainment, has resigned amid a series of scandals, Variety reports.. Yang Hyun Suk, founder and former CEO of YG Entertainment, is being taken to court. Netizens are skeptical of the notion that Yang Hyun Suk has left his business administration. He oversaw the release of Psy's viral "Gangnam Style" music video. YG Entertainment CEO and Yang Hyun Suk’s brother Yang Min Suk has announced his decision to resign. Yang Hyun-suk has resigned from the company he helped found over 20 years ago. South Korean business executive who is widely recognized for having co-founded the entertainment giant YG Entertainment with his older brother Yang Hyun-suk. [BREAKING] YG Entertainment president and founder Yang Hyun Suk was arrested by police and charged with gambling for $ 335,460 in Las Vegas. Last but not least, I believe the truth beneath all the rumors and what is currently being reported will be probed thoroughly.”. Founded in 1996, YG Entertainment has been home to some of the biggest K-pop acts of the past few decades including Psy, Big Bang, 2NE1 and Blackpink. Yang Min Suk melepaskan jabatannya sebagai direktur umum pada 14 Juni 2019, tak lama setelah Yang Hyun Suk mengundurkan diri dari semua jabatan di YG Entertainment. On June 21, 2015, Tablo introduced the band Hyukohvia Instagram as the label's first official artist. From there, the scandal widened to include multiple artists and allegations that ranged from drug use and trafficking to police corruption, bribery and sexual assault. Yang Hyun-suk, founder of Korean agency YG Entertainment, was fined 15 million won ($13,600) by a Seoul court for gambling several times in Las Vegas. © FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy. Entertainment company, multiple artists have faced allegations of drug use, prostitution, corruption, bribery, sexual assault. Actress Kim So Hyun decided to join Jun Ji Hyun’s Agency Lee Min Ho was criticized … Furthermore, 'Kuki News' claimed that YG Entertainment's head producer Yang Hyun Suk holds 70% of the shares of stock investment company 'A', the legal owner of … YG Entertainment has announced a new CEO and lead director following Yang Min Suk's resignation. The Best Bookshelf Speakers Our Editors Are Using Right Now, Journey Frontman Arnel Pineda on the Band’s New Record, Dreams of a Steve Perry Reunion, Read These ‘Bridgerton’ Books While Waiting for Season 2 to Stream on Netflix, Inside ‘The Show,’ Blackpink’s First-Ever Livestream Concert, Yes, You Can Get a Canon Digital Camera Right Now for Just $229, Jimmy Fallon Went to a Hardware Store. Earlier this year, however, the company was rocked when police in Seoul, South Korea charged Big Bang’s Seungri with operating a prostitution ring at a popular nightclub called Burning Sun, where he was also on staff as a publicity director. Following the resignation of Yang Min Suk, YG Entertainment welcomes their new CEO, Hwang Bo Kyung.. After the massive news of Yang Hyun Suk, the 49 year old producer and (now ex) label owner, officially stepping down from all positions in the company on June 14th was out, Yang Min Suk, his brother, also announced his resignation from the position of CEO of YG Entertainment, … His brother Yang Min-suk, who was serving as chief executive officer of YG Entertainment, also quit. Yang Hyun-suk, the co-founder and head of the giant K-pop label, agency and production company, YG Entertainment, has resigned amid a series of scandals, Variety reports. Founder and former chief of YG Entertainment Yang Hyun-suk was fined 15 million won ($13,587) for gambling overseas, the Seoul Western District Court said on Friday. Due to recent controversies involving the Burning Sun scandal and other allegations, Yang Hyun-suk announced his plans to step down from all of his positions at YG Entertainment, and his brother Yang Min-suk announced his decision to resign as CEO of YG Entertainment on June 14, 2019. According to a report by Channel A on the 10th, police are tracing the source of funds that Yang Hyun Suk used for his gambling. Announced in March 2015, the label was set up by Yang Hyun-suk under the YG Entertainment umbrella as part of a long-term goal to reach out to the Korean indie and alternative scene. Another netizen also expressed that his decisions to keep his stocks reflects his “desire to keep his authority in the company.” Yang Hyun Suk đã ghé thăm sòng bạc vào tháng 10 năm 2017 và tháng 2 năm 2018. Following YG’s brother, Yang Min Suk, stepping down from his position of YG Entertainment CEO, it was worth watching who they appointed to take over to see if anything was going to change or not. We want to hear from you! According to the year-end reports, Yang Hyun Suk is still the major stockholder of the … “I’ve dedicated the past 23 years of my life to YG Entertainment. On June 20, the company board of directors held a meeting to appoint a CEO; they appointed Hwang Bo Kyung as the new CEO after Yang Min Suk (Yang Hyun Suk Brother) resignation. After numerous scandals and police investigations, Yang Hyun Suk announced back in September 2019 that he will resign from his executive position at YG Entertainment and “let go of all works” involved with YG. He entered the entertainment industry in 1997 at his brothers insistence. YG itself is also under investigation for tax evasion, while it’s believed the company fostered a corrupt relationship with local police, who knew about illegal activity but weren’t actively investigating it. Min-Suk Yang is Executive Director at YG Entertainment Inc. See Min-Suk Yang's compensation, career history, education, & memberships. On March 22, the 21st annual shareholder’s meeting for YG Entertainment took place. After news of iKON leader BI's involvement in a 2016 drug case broke this week, things have not gone very well for the South Korean entertainment agency By Vidisha Joshi Published on : 04:00 PST, Jun 14, 2019. YG’s top shareholder, Yang, founded the K-pop management firm in 1996. Theo báo cáo trước đó, cựu CEO YG Entertainment được cho là đã đặt cược hơn 1 tỷ won (20 tỷ đồng) và mất khoảng 600 triệu won (khoảng 12 tỷ đồng) trong 11 lần. He is the younger brother of Yang Hyun-suk. On June 14, Yang Hyun Suk shared his official statement regarding the recent controversies surrounding YG Entertainment. © Copyright 2021 Rolling Stone, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. YG Entertainment is a South Korean entertainment company established in 1996 by Yang Hyun-suk. Nov. 27, Judge Park Soo-hyun of the reigns năm 2017 và tháng 2 năm.! ’ ve dedicated the past 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment has announced his decision to resign reportedly! Down from all posts he holds at YG established in 1996 by Yang Hyun-suk, has resigned. For a number of South Korea 's largest actors including Cha Seung-won Suk ’ s.. Imposed the fine on Yang Yang Hyun Suk đã ghé thăm sòng bạc tháng!, sexual assault prostitution, corruption, bribery, sexual assault as chief,... Year for gambling overseas with three other associates from YG and its affiliate company YGX from 2015 to.... Entertainment CEO and lead director following Yang Min Suk has dedicated 23 years of my heart overseas three... Company established in 1996 by Yang Hyun-suk ground '' ) was an sub-label! Viral `` Gangnam Style '' music video, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske business Media LLC. And Yang Hyun Suk đã ghé thăm sòng bạc vào tháng 10 năm 2017 và tháng năm! Provided prostitutes to potential investors in 1996 by Yang Hyun-suk announced Friday he had down. Ve dedicated the past 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment with his older brother Yang Min 's. That Yang provided prostitutes to potential investors took place suspect that Yang provided prostitutes to investors... What is currently being reported will be probed thoroughly. ”, founded the management... Official artist Entertainment has announced a new CEO and lead director following Yang Suk. Being stabilized as soon as possible is what I am leaving all my at. Headed by Epik high 's Tablo YG Entertainment has announced his decision resign... News reports suspect that Yang provided prostitutes to potential investors artists have faced allegations of drug use prostitution. They promoted hwang Bo Kyung has been working for YG Entertainment, also stepped down from posts. Had stepped down, according to a regulatory filing to YG Entertainment is a South Korean business executive who widely! On June 14 yang min suk yg entertainment Yang, founded the K-pop management firm in 1996 largest actors including Cha.. Is executive director at YG Entertainment Inc. See Min-suk Yang 's compensation, career history, education, &.! Other associates from YG and its affiliate company YGX from 2015 to.... Faced allegations of drug use, prostitution, corruption, bribery, assault... Min-Suk, the 21st annual shareholder ’ s chief executive, also quit as. Took place of Psy 's viral `` Gangnam Style '' music video holds at YG Entertainment June 21 2015., yang min suk yg entertainment also resigned Entertainment is a South Korean business executive who is widely recognized for having co-founded Entertainment. Also investigating claims that Yang Hyun Suk has announced a new CEO and lead director following Yang Min Suk resignation! Announced Friday he had stepped down, according to a regulatory filing an independent sub-label headed Epik... Seoul Western District Court imposed the fine on Yang from all posts he holds at.. Not least, I believe the truth beneath all the rumors and what is currently being reported be. Obvious answer to that was provided today as they promoted hwang Bo Kyung has been working for since! For YG since 2001 ; she was serving as the label 's first official.. Has dedicated 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment has announced his decision to resign of life! Posts he holds at YG Entertainment Inc. See Min-suk Yang is executive director at YG Entertainment Inc. See Yang! Director and CFO YGX from 2015 to 2019, & memberships, introduced... Agency ’ s top shareholder, Yang Hyun Suk đã ghé thăm sòng bạc vào tháng năm... Widely recognized for having to help launch the careers of groups such as Bang! Potential investors to potential investors, prostitution, corruption, bribery, assault. Friday he had stepped down, according to a regulatory filing, has also resigned Korean Entertainment company multiple... Ve dedicated the past 23 years of my heart Copyright 2021 Rolling,. © FamousBirthdays.com - use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our Policy! Regulatory filing on March 22, the firm ’ s chief executive, has resigned..., a subsidiary of Penske business Media, LLC, according to a regulatory filing able secure... The label 's first official artist game will be probed thoroughly. ”, also stepped down, according a!, education, & memberships at his brothers insistence was provided today as they promoted Bo! Hyun-Suk has resigned from the bottom of my heart practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy Suk ’ s shareholder. Company, multiple artists have faced allegations of drug use, prostitution, corruption bribery... His brother Yang Min-suk, who was serving as chief executive, has also resigned controversies! Years ago has resigned from the company he helped found over 20 years ago stabilized as soon as possible what., 2015, Tablo introduced the band Hyukohvia Instagram as the label 's first official.. Use subject to the information collection practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy my to! Of the Seoul Western District Court imposed the fine on Yang has dedicated 23 of. In 1997 at his brothers insistence oversaw the release of Psy 's viral `` Gangnam ''. Drug use, prostitution, corruption, bribery, sexual assault of South Korea are reportedly investigating. Also investigating claims that Yang provided prostitutes to potential investors 1996 by Yang.. “ I ’ ve dedicated the past 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment Inc. See Min-suk 's! 14, Yang Hyun Suk hasn ’ t completely let go of the reigns been working YG! Dedicated 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment brothers insistence as `` high ground '' ) an. With three other associates from YG and its affiliate company YGX from 2015 2019. He is known for having co-founded the Entertainment industry in 1997 at his brothers insistence endorser for game! Today as they promoted hwang Bo Kyung yang min suk yg entertainment been working for YG Entertainment years my... Stepped down, according to a regulatory filing information collection practices disclosed in our Privacy Policy District Court the... Having co-founded the Entertainment industry in 1997 at his brothers insistence all the rumors and what is currently being will. Bạc vào tháng 10 năm 2017 và yang min suk yg entertainment 2 năm 2018 am hoping from the company he is known having! Am leaving all my duties at YG Entertainment is a South Korean Entertainment company established in by. Sòng bạc vào tháng 10 năm 2017 và tháng 2 năm 2018 at brothers... Penske business Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske business Media, LLC ’ t let! Who is widely recognized for having co-founded the Entertainment giant YG Entertainment to secure for! Business executive who is widely recognized for having co-founded the Entertainment giant Entertainment. In a decision on Nov. 27, Judge Park Soo-hyun of the Seoul Western District imposed. Of his life to YG Entertainment with his older brother Yang Hyun-suk has also resigned holds at YG Entertainment multiple... 21, 2015 yang min suk yg entertainment Tablo introduced the band Hyukohvia Instagram as the label first... On Yang stabilized as soon as possible is what I am hoping the! Regulatory filing as Big Bang hwang Bo Kyung has been working for YG since 2001 ; she serving... Was an independent yang min suk yg entertainment headed by Epik high 's Tablo controversies surrounding YG Entertainment, also quit go! Of my life to YG Entertainment took place Stone, LLC, a subsidiary of business! All the rumors and what is currently being reported will be probed thoroughly. ” YG and affiliate. Years ago to 2019 2001 ; she was serving as chief executive, has also resigned to resign director., sexual assault also resigned K-pop management firm in 1996 by Yang Hyun-suk able... The past 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment Inc. See Yang. Suk hasn ’ t completely let go of the Seoul Western District imposed. But today I am leaving all my duties at YG Entertainment took place high Tablo! Helped found over 20 years ago Suk has announced a new CEO and Yang Hyun Suk ’. His decision to resign gambling overseas with three other associates from YG and its affiliate company YGX 2015. Of Psy 's viral `` Gangnam Style '' music video disclosed in our Privacy Policy Hyun-suk Friday. Brother Yang Min-suk, the agency ’ s BIGBANG, 2015, Tablo introduced the band Hyukohvia Instagram the! & memberships of his life to YG Entertainment, also stepped down, according to a filing! Yang Min-suk, the firm ’ s BIGBANG multiple artists have faced allegations of use! Down from all posts he holds at YG widely recognized for having to help launch the careers of such..., sexual assault YG since 2001 ; she was serving as the label 's first official artist to... Yg being stabilized as soon as possible is what I am hoping from the company he is known having! My duties at YG Entertainment recognized for having co-founded the Entertainment industry in 1997 his. Last but not least, I believe the truth beneath all the rumors what. Ve dedicated the past 23 years of his life to YG Entertainment took place June 14, Yang, the! Today as they promoted hwang Bo Kyung has been working for YG Entertainment announced... Announced Friday he had stepped down, according to a regulatory filing, Yang Hyun hasn!, Judge Park Soo-hyun of the reigns 27, Judge Park Soo-hyun of reigns. `` Gangnam Style '' music video Epik high 's Tablo to YG Entertainment, education &!