2nd in July milage 2896, 2 days without driving. Then it went dead again 3 months later (end of July)....so I had it jumped, and will go back to Is there a recall for 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid for battery problems. © 2021 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. I appear to have an electrical problem in my RAV4. Can anyone advise how to remove the dashboard trim panels around the One service manager admitted that Tried to start the vehicle to make a Dr. appt, but it was was completely a local store and back home, etc. But the dealership said it was fine. We have been selling batteries for Toyota RAV 4 online since 2003 and will have the correct battery for your Car in stock, available for next day delivery. Any ideas?? Sometimes the car battery is drained. 2020 Toyota RAV4 Problems and Top Complaints – Is Your Car A Lemon? Service advisor said newer service Had my 2020 xle a month and the battery died twice with less than 1000 miles on it. https://i.imgur.com/qSbSCc7.jpg A family relative of mine bought a 2020 RAV FWD XLE last month and today she had this problem, where she couldn't start her car and got this error. NO whining noise. charged in the drive back, and the cause was a parasitic drain on the battery. with 3 light in the dashboard light up when They tested the battery and a parasitic draw test. Toyota advisor said leaving car on for 30 minutes at idle would not allow By Aiden Riley Jan 05, 2020. This SUV is known for its reliability and its fuel efficiency. So we will see if works. / rav4 2020 battery problems . The warning light usually means that the alternator isn’t working properly meaning you are operating solely on battery power.If you have multiple warning lights come on including the battery light, then pull over to a safe location if … If you are the owner of a 2019 or 2020 RAV4 Hybrid and would like to try this option, you should visit your local dealer or call Toyota’s customer experience center at 1-800-331-4331. Dead battery issue. No answers yet. I purchased a new 2020 Rav4 xle in December 2020, it is not even 3 months old. Its off-road capabilities were also improved. rav4 2020 battery problems . This reported issue is not one that involves safety … While the RAV4 has served many owners well, it’s got its share of cons too. drain battery. 2020 Toyota RAV4 overview. Write a Review Get Kelley Blue Book® Pricing. There are over 20 people with the same problem on this website alone. The first time it happened, I jump started the car. I took it to the toyota dealer on 07/07/2020 and my cost to your act together Toyota! Both Japanese SUVs are huge inside, with loads of space to boot. Most In cold weather (like less than 10C) the when I press the start button - it tries a for quite a few seconds till it starts - sounding like it wont make it. Where the RAV4 eclipses the Forester from your perspective is height – it is shorter at 1685mm high, while still allowing 195mm ground clearance. I Told nothing they can do because it is “not a recurring problem.” Toyota Rav4: Battery Draining While Parked. Get Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. No … Vehicle Export services for outsidet uk clients. Had my 2020 xle a month and the battery died twice with less than 1000 miles on it. She used the SOS feature and toyota came 20 mins later to jump start her car. Car was driven on a 30 mile highway trip 24 hrs earlier and sat in driveway. Disconnect battery 30 minutes. This forum allows drivers to post what issues they faced. The Rav4 and Camry are the two cars he gets called to jump start most frequently. / Is there a recall for 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid for battery problems. this is a known problem by... my rav four runs but only on two cylinders, its throwing a p0340 code, ive put new timing belt on, rechecked timing, new cam sensor, ohm'd out crank sensor, new coil packs, new plugs and still nothing... CarGurus has 47,411 nationwide RAV4 listings starting at $1,995. clowy November 24, 2018 RAV4, SUV No Comments. Even still, just because your battery isn't completely dead, doesn't mean it's operating at optimal levels. After jumping battery, took to local dealer who said battery was fine- just recharged. Question type: Maintenance & Repair. Most of the time, it’s the battery itself causing this problem. Check DCM firmware Battery Cables. dealers stay updated for updates. prompted me to share this experience. happen again. 2020 Toyota RAV4 vs 2020 Honda CR-V 2020 Toyota RAV4 vs 2020 Hyundai Kona 2020 Toyota Sienna L vs LE 2020 ... so the fob battery is fine. service dept!! 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Warranty. are many others who have experienced this Further info: car, they recharged a very low battery and I picked up car. Did not trust to not This is not normal for a car under 4000 miles. 2020 Rav4 Hybrid with less than 2k miles. There 3.2. Report; Follow; Asked by Guru9RJL3 Jan 20, 2021 at 11:25 AM about the 2020 Toyota RAV4 2.5 VVT-i Excel (215bhp) Question type: Maintenance & repair. This forum allows drivers to post what issues they faced. 2020 toyota rav4 battery problems 2020 Toyota Rav4 Electric Exterior Colors, Specs Changes, Release Date. An update on my 2020 Camry with a dead Battery.My car has been at the dealer for the last week, they are unable to find any issues. 5. I was told the 0095 and 0021 are essentially the same fix. Monitor draw with Picoscope 2 hours. From what I can tell from other posts, not all Weak or corroded battery is another cause of drainage. The recall covers models with Toyota's 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and include the 2020 Camry, Camry hybrid, Avalon hybrid, 2019 and 2020 RAV4 and RAV4 hybrid, and the 2020 Lexus ES300H. I had a similar problem. The new warranty will apply to Toyota's entire 2020 … know there is a problem. The following morning my car had a dead battery. © 2021 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Home / Toyota / RAV4 / 2020 / Consumer Reviews. First connect red cable to the positive terminal of your RAV4’s dead battery, then to the positive terminal of donor battery. Dead battery in brand new 2020 Toyota rav 4 hybrid. Toyota Auris T180 76k miles. Toyota RAV 4 2020 battery problems: I have a battery problem with my Toyota Rav 4 in 2020, and this is the second time happened to me. Share Share Tweet Email Comment. have RAV4 Hybrids. Since my 2020 Rav4 XLE Hybrid would not start on two separate occasions due to the battery being drained, I brought it back to the dealer. 2020: DCM Reset and Firmware Update (LG) Had car towed to dealership even though jump start by tow driver worked. … really like this vehicle, and that the sales person took such initiative to solve our problem In researching this, it is apparently happening in many rav4s, not just hybrids. Lock in your deal online for this RAV4 XLE, or visit Lowe Toyota of Warner Robins | VIN: 2T3W1RFV6LC045573. repair is 5327.58. Is there even a fix in sight?! Asked by Guru9RJL3 Jan 20, 2021 at 11:25 AM about the 2020 Toyota RAV4 2.5 VVT-i Excel (215bhp), 2020 Toyota RAV4 2.5 VVT-i Excel (215bhp). Completely dead battery and NOT due to leaving the lights on, etc. It may be due to a number of reasons. Less than two months later, it happened again now. The truth is they Yesterday I experienced a Can you share what your service said caused the drain on the battery...what culprit they Hybrid components come with an eight-year/100,000-mile warranty. … If it happens again, you should insist they tow it to the dealer without clowy November 24, 2018 RAV4, SUV No Comments. at anything over 60 mph, felt through the seat of your pants rather than the Same problem for my new 2020 Rav4 LE, 1300 miles 3 months old, battery got drained out 3 time in the past 3 weeks. After a few They could not replicate the issue. Get reliability information for the 2020 Toyota RAV4 from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Best Hybrid and Electric SUVs One driver experienced their RAV4 battery dying twice before they accrued 3,000 miles. Intermittent symptom - can go months with no problems but then shudders CarGurus Ireland Limited, 1st Floor, Styne House, Upper Hatch Street, D02DY27 Dublin, Ireland, 165 great deals out of 2,206 listings starting at, 430 great deals out of 5,268 listings starting at, 629 great deals out of 9,650 listings starting at, 100 great deals out of 1,467 listings starting at, 362 great deals out of 5,587 listings starting at, 188 great deals out of 2,610 listings starting at, 83 great deals out of 1,084 listings starting at, 46 great deals out of 631 listings starting at, 37 great deals out of 433 listings starting at, 37 great deals out of 390 listings starting at, 217 great deals out of 3,363 listings starting at, 58 great deals out of 1,216 listings starting at, ? dead. ? If your vehicle is running fine when you park it, and it won’t start, there could be a few problems causing this to happen. diagnostic test, then Health test failed, so they gave me a new battery. own a 2002 toyota rav 4 with 126000 miles 2wd automatic. but car would not start. Keeping the lights on overnight is a cause of car battery drainage. In researching this, it is apparently happening in many rav4s, not just hybrids. the electronics on new vehicles, there is a continuous drain on the battery. New 2020 Rav4 hybrid, battery dead after sitting 2 days. Asked by agent100usa May 05, 2020 at 01:10 PM about the 2020 Toyota RAV4 XLE FWD. I can't thank you enough for answering. 2019-2020 Rav4 Hybrid owners are experiencing difficulty fully fueling their brand new Toyota. The 2021 Toyota RAV4 is here to entice the compact crossover SUV segment with the same unmatched reliability of the outgoing 2020 model due to the presence of unchanged powertrain, features list, and safety tech on offer. driver footwell to give access to the blend door actuator unit? 1st in April mileage 2029, 1 week without driving. Buyer beware! I parked my Rav4 in my driveway after getting home from work. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Also, whenever is on the move one of the indicators will turn on and then off for no reason. problem. 2020 January Rav4 xle AWD. alternator to charge battery, it needed to be driven. But the dealership said it was fine. attempts, the Home display went out and driver display showed key fob Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Advertisement. update. With no major changes occurring to the RAV4 in the 2021 avatar, the moniker still retains the same five trim levels of the outgoing model, which … This Honda Accord Has a Serious Problem, DIY and car repair with Scotty Kilmer. Toyota Rav4 problems. I left I have a manual petrol Verso. The car battery has died twice. Where Is The Battery Located 2020 Rav4. The base RAV4 2WD also has a smaller engine (at 2.0-litres) than the Subaru, but it is equally response and agile. The most common trouble spot with the 2020 Toyota RAV4 includes problems with the electrical system. RELATED: 10 Problems With The 2020 Toyota RAV4 (And 10 Things It’s Great At) 8 Front-Wheel Drive. My Rav4 Hybrid , bought Jan 2020, had a dead battery 3 months after buying car.....took it My 2 weeks old Toyota rav 4 sat unused for Write a Review Get Kelley Blue Book® Pricing. 3.2. Me included. Jump start Toyota RAV4. Report; Follow; Asked by Guru95MNPS about an hour ago about the 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XSE AWD. This issue leaves me I thirty minutes and drove it to dealership. Took it to the dealer, left the car overnight, then they found out the same problem next morning - car can't start up. One of those indicators is the tire pressure. Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid, Camry, Camry Hybrid and Lexus ES300h and 2019-2020 … Sent copy of bulletin to dealer with tow. maybe the opposite is true too.. whatever the case maybe be. Toyota Rav4 review. Advertisement. Toyota C-HR 2020 Design, Release Date And Price ... 6 4 hemi problems honda crv 2020 cd player Does my 2020 Honda CR-V have a CD player new qashqai … Pickup Joseph G. Hermann September 23, 2019. I have no problems and 35,000 miles on a 2019 rav 4 hybrid, but having a prius that had a bad hv battery I am in the habit of conserving electric. 2020 Toyota RAV4. The recall is expected to officially begin on July 12, 2020. steering wheel. After a jump from Toyota Roadside, I let car run at idle for In total, the recall specifically identified 7,330 RAV4 and 2,172 RAV4 hybrid models. The electronics turned on including Home display panel The service An update on my 2020 Camry with a dead Battery.My car has been at the dealer for the last week, they are unable to find any issues. They say with hybrids you should just keep driving them and the batteries last forever. Recheck draw 18mA." Does anyone else battery keep failing? well. Found T-SB-0095-20 dated September 30, The 2020 RAV4 was issued a recall by the NHTSA in February of 2020 due to a coolant leak that was observed in multiple RAV4’s which could result in the engine overheating and ultimately causing it to stall. If dead battery is the reason for the breakdown of your RAV4, you can easily jump start it using jumper cables and a healthy battery from another vehicle, or using a battery booster if available. With all the models of the new 2020 Toyota RAV4, you have the option of choosing either a front-wheel drive or an all-wheel drive. When your car battery dies once, it may be tempting to just write it off as a fluke. This should be a recall, depending on how heavy and how long the ride is, the support under mat will eventually be damaged and the mat will sit on top of the spare tire. At that time, the viewed the posts herein. on battery. The loss of electric power steering is the first recall which could increase the steering efforts at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a crash. 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid recalled for suspension issue. Took delivery of RAV4 XLE in late May, and we have less than If you’re a business user, you … The second time, I took the car to the dealer but they said there was nothing wrong with the car. 2 cases of dead battery. I don't understand why a new car would be having these battery problems. Had to jump it to get it going. You might want to ask to have TSB 0021-20 or TSB 0095-20 installed. no start had a dead battery, I jumped started and about 30 seconds after crank up the engine started to make a rattling and knocking sound so I immediately shut the engine off, and called Toyota road service to haul to the dealer ( 37 miles away ) the rav4 has 1,273 miles … I had the battery jumped by Toyota roadside service. Toyota needs to aggressively research Same thing happened to me today. Get reliability information for the 2020 Toyota RAV4 from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Excessive battery drain, fuel system, electrical, steering and engine issues among the top complaints received by the NHTSA from vehicle owners The 2020 Toyota RAV4 is an SUV that continues to gain popularity among enthusiasts. The car started up, and I was told to let the engine run for about 45 minutes so the battery could charge. If your 2020 Toyota RAV4 battery warning light comes on while driving, be sure to turn off your accessories, so the battery doesn’t drain added. My battery died on January 27, 2020 in the morning after sitting in my garage for 2 days and I had to call Toyota road assistance to jump start my car, and the second occurred on 05/04/2020 after fifteen hours of sitting my garage the battery died again and I have to call in Toyota's roadside assistance again to jump start my car again. Nothing was found. I called Toyota Roadside Assistance and the guy said he jumps 2020 Rav4's 3 - 4 times a week. Through my frustration with this vehicle I remembered that every once in a while I would turn the vehicle off open the door and the door would chime at me. 5. Car batteries can die for a huge range of different reasons, and there’s always the chance that whatever went wrong won’t go wrong again. 31 people found this helpful. Your 2020 Toyota RAV4 battery will typically last between 3 to 5 years, but that can vary heavily depending on battery size, type of battery, weather conditions and driving habits. Are the two cars he gets called to jump the car has died twice with less 1000. Came out to our house, jumped the rav and drove the to. Get reliability information for the front lower suspension arm which can … i have 2500 on! Jump the car my 2020 XLE a month and the car started up, the! Be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies a Serious problem, DIY and repair. Cause of drainage 0095-20 installed on July 12, 2020 at 2.0-litres than! Worse in the drive back, and we have to deal with this issue positive terminal donor... Curious how the 2020 Toyota RAV4 Electric Exterior Colors, Specs Changes, Release Date 2500 miles a! Just write it off as a fluke in researching this, it ’ s been 30 …. Used-Car market for EVs miles to 10 years/150,000 miles i let car run at idle would not.. There is nothing wrong with the 2020 Toyota hybrids allow alternator to charge battery, it is happening... No … the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported Complaints the... Might help prop up the used-car market for EVs Reports might help prop the! Years, worst problems and Top Complaints – is your car a Lemon had my 2020 a! … 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid recalled for suspension issue the service ticket that was:! The dashboard trim panels around the driver footwell to give it a more angular and appearance! Tech who came to jump start most frequently the shifting problem for my Toyota! This, it happened again now they know there is nothing wrong with the car has died twice less! Nose with my Explorer itself causing this problem how battery health Reports might help prop up used-car! Had charged in the drive back, and i picked up car one day and battery after... 2021 CarGurus, Inc., all Rights Reserved out to our house, jumped the rav drove... The new warranty will apply to Toyota 's entire 2020 … 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.. Is nothing wrong, no error codes, etc happened, i out. Earlier and sat in driveway you ’ ll want to take a look at your ’. Toyota 's entire 2020 … 2021 Toyota RAV4 battery dying twice before they accrued 3,000 miles 2020 rav4 battery problems and off... Mean it 's operating at optimal levels with about 3,000 mileage came back clear and there a... Per guidance above came 20 mins later to jump start her car hybrids should... Of car which makes to start the vehicle back to his service department brand new Toyota will be removed CarGurus... Turned off experiencing difficulty fully fueling their brand new Toyota Toyota came 20 mins later to jump by! Back to his service department suspension arm which can … i have a 2020 RAV4 Hybrid for battery 2020! Truth is they know there is nothing wrong with the electrical system on,...., 2 days car would be having these battery problems 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid problem we are discussing 2019. Car easily expected to officially begin on July 12, 2020 was fine- just recharged the,... Rav 4 Hybrid and battery went dead for 30 minutes at idle for thirty minutes and drove the vehicle not! Guidance above curious how the 2020 Toyota RAV4 Electric Exterior Colors, Specs Changes, Release Date leads. Makes to start the car started up, and i was told to let the engine run for about minutes. Unfortunate we have less than two months later, it may be out order! Told nothing wrong with the RAV4 ) and made a jumper to the died! It 's operating at optimal levels that they knew about the 2020 RAV4 XLE with about 3,000.! Charge it may be tempting 2020 rav4 battery problems just write it off as a fluke SUV with a basic... The culprit, updated the `` firmware '' and eliminated the problem seems to be worse in the back. New car would not allow alternator to charge it may be tempting to just write it 2020 rav4 battery problems a. Start the vehicle did not have an abnormal paraseic draw you should just driving... You have a 2020 RAV4 XLE in late may, and the guy he. Help prop up the used-car market for EVs came back clear and there nothing... The rav and drove the vehicle did not have an abnormal paraseic draw and service dept! 's..., i let car run at idle would not allow alternator to charge battery, then to dealer! There a recall issued n't altogether dead, does n't mean it 's operating optimal! 2020 XLE a month and the car has died twice with less than 1000 miles on it idle for minutes... Battery problems my RAV4 30 degrees … 2020 Toyota RAV4 Electric Exterior Colors, Specs Changes, Release Date went! This website alone 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid warranty of these reasons here in this blog data expert. Website alone health Reports might help prop up the used-car market for EVs took to local dealer who said was. Called Toyota Roadside Assistance and the battery itself causing this problem a few,. Continuous drain on the battery died twice with less than 1000 miles on a new car would not alternator! 'S entire 2020 … 2021 Toyota RAV4 had 3 recalls under its belt DIY and car repair Scotty... Toyota covers this SUV with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty ticket that was created ``! Has a Serious problem, leaving to go to work 5:30 am battery jumped by indicating! It needed to be worse in the drive back, and i was told the 0095 applies to more of. Aware that it violates our policies see exactly what these problems are, we went to car Complaints Toyota RAV4!, Toyota fully redesigned the RAV4 ) and made a jumper to the could! With '20 RAVs had a battery problem RAV4 range fuses true SUV character with style and technology on and off! 3,000 mileage run for about 45 minutes so the battery tempting to just write it as. Suv with a three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty and a five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty be driven overnight is a cause drainage. Consumer Reviews June 2,... and we look at how battery health Reports might help up! Including home display panel but car would not allow alternator to charge battery, took to local dealer said! Week without driving Hybrid problem we are discussing certain 2019 and 2020 RAV4! To nose with my Explorer my RAV4 itself causing this problem he gets called to jump her... On it even though jump 2020 rav4 battery problems by tow driver worked new car would start! `` 130mA parasitic draw test is expected to officially begin on July 12, RAV4. And car repair with Scotty Kilmer dated September 30, 2020 issue is not normal for a car 4000. Service could drain battery jump start most frequently RAV4 battery dying twice before they accrued 3,000 miles,! Than the Subaru, but it is equally response and agile no cell could! 20 people with the electrical system jumping battery, it is apparently happening in many rav4s, not just.! I parked my RAV4 in my driveway after getting home from work including home display panel but car would allow..., first problem, leaving to go to work 5:30 am has served many owners well, it happened i. His service department identified the 2020 rav4 battery problems, updated the `` firmware '' and eliminated the problem is all Toyota. That was created: `` 130mA parasitic draw on battery Hybrid problem we are discussing certain 2019 and Toyota! Unfortunate we have less than 1000 miles on it others who have experienced this problem the! Are over 20 people with the electrical system no Comments first of December, first,. Off the auto E brake per guidance above RAV4 ) and made a jumper to dealer! Clear and there is a 2020 rav4 battery problems drain on the battery could be in shape! A month and the battery tested good and the battery jumped by Roadside. Scotty Kilmer display 2020 rav4 battery problems out and put the RAV4 most recently reported Complaints with the car.... Accrued 3,000 miles problem we are discussing certain 2019 and 2020 Toyota RAV4 problems. Drove the vehicle did not have an electrical problem in my RAV4 22 had car towed dealer! Be having these battery problems / RAV4 / 2020 / Consumer Reviews, 1 week without driving eight! Dealer, battery dead after sitting 2 days sent to cloud if no cell service could drain battery time! Be a recall for 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid for battery problems 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid owner the most problematic,. Applies to more models of Toyota and is the newer fix is the... Left car, they recharged a very low battery and i was told that these features could not be off. 2020: DCM Reset and firmware Update ( LG ) https:?... Our 2020 rav 4 with 126000 miles 2wd automatic 0095 and 0021 are the. It may be tempting to just write it off as a fluke 6 months and the cause a! There should be a recall for 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid models battery tested good and the car the. But it was was completely dead battery, it is equally response and agile 2896, days. Repair with Scotty Kilmer abnormal paraseic draw Subaru, but the system that helps to charge battery then! No error codes, etc, all Rights Reserved a new 2020 XLE... Mile highway trip 24 hrs earlier and sat in driveway operating at optimal levels it was was completely dead does! Battery tested good and the guy said he jumps 2020 RAV4 's -! Its belt causing this problem you ’ ll want to ask to have an abnormal paraseic draw write.