Dicing it by hand takes a few minutes longer but still makes delicious chicken kofta kebabs. Every 5 minutes rotate the kofta kebabs … The cumin and the coriander are both ground. Preheat grill to medium hot. The cooked chicken kafta will keep well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and can be reheated in the oven. Prepare pita bread and fixings. SCROLL DOWN FOR INGREDIENTS LISTI am a full time, self trained executive chef dedicating my time in my 2 family restaurants in Sydney, Australia. What a hit! What is kafta. Traditionally, beef kofta kebabs usually made with ground lamb. Lengthen the meat into elongated kebab shapes and grill over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes per side. If you loved my popular beef kafta recipe, you’re going to want to try this simple variation of Chicken Kafta. Chicken Kofta is the perfect Mediterranean meal that you can eat on its own, in a pita sandwich, hummus or rice bowls. You'll need minced parsley and minced garlic for both the kebabs and the yogurt sauce, so prep for both at the same time! Kofta kebabs originated in the Central Asia / Mediterranean area, so it’s no surprise that they are often served with rice, We often make a simple rice with parsley in it, and serve kofta kebabs with a side salad, yogurt sauce, and a generous drizzle of fresh lemon juice. * The nutritional information shown here is just an estimate and not meant to be used as dietary/nutritional advice. Use your hands to combine until the mixture is well blended. But you can skip the skewers and you can also shape them into patties. It will feel a little sticky, but that’s fine. Then bake at a high temperature (400F) for 15 minutes, or until the chicken, As I said above, these chicken kofta kebabs are, For this recipe, I use plain unsweetened yogurt (though feel free to use Greek yogurt! When heated through, transfer the kafta to the grill. Serve alongside rice, salad or in a pita with some garlic sauce! This amazingly easy to make kofta kebab recipe is jam-packed with middle eastern seasonings and spices and seared to perfection. Place the ground chicken, parsley, onions, garlic and spices all in a large bowl. You can easily grill, bake or cook these on a skillet. Kofta kebabs are usually made with ground lamb. Repeat with remaining skewers and mixture. Thanks so much for leaving a review . Chicken Kofta kebabs are cylinder or tube like shaped and are grilled on both sides in a grilling pan with less oil. The kafta kabobs are cooked when the outsides are browned and they become more firm. 6. Form 1/4 of meat … Hope that helps! We searched this recipe on google and found yours first. Top with the kebab… Your email address will not be published. Cover and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours, 24 hours is ideal. Prepared with minced chicken mixed with onions, all spices, salt, garlic, coriander, pepper and cumin this recipe is easy to prepare. Drizzle over the chicken kofta kebabs to serve. I much prefer to grill kafta, I find it really adds to the flavor and you get a great crust. Thank you so much for amazing instructions and a yummy dish my whole family of 5 enjoyed. Store leftover sauce in a closed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Or skip the yogurt altogether and make this easy tahini sauce from my. Feel free to substitute ground turkey for ground chicken, or use a combination of ground meats. Thank you so much for this recipe. I edited the ingredients to make it more clear for others too . Love the garlic sauce with it. Sorry, I don’t know what is commonly used in Lebanese cuisine. Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and combine everything together with a fork or your hands. Place on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. We are huge beef eaters in our house and always try to serve up some meat protein at every dinner. Find thousands of Urdu recipes online. Feel free to substitute ground turkey for ground chicken… If you plan to, make the tahini sauce from this recipe. Grill the kebabs on one side until well-marked, about 2 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes for medium (135 F internal temperature) or your desired doneness. Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. The recipie is listed in Kebab aur Tikka. In a large bowl mix together ground cumin and coriander seeds, chicken, onion, cilantro, garlic, chilies, turmeric, salt, and garam masala until chicken is evenly seasoned. Thanks for the questions and sorry for the delay in replying. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. This simple, herby and healthy Chicken Kofta Kebabs recipe makes the perfect, easy dinner! I literally learned to cook 2 weeks after I got married over the phone with my mom. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. You'll need minced parsley and minced garlic for both the kebabs and the yogurt sauce, so prep for both at the same time! Form the Kafta into an oblong shape about 1 inch in thickness. Note: I've specified chicken thighs as opposed to boneless chicken breasts for this recipe because … Take 1/4 of the ground chicken mixture and shape it around a skewer to form a log about 6 -7 inches long and 1 – 1 1/2 inches thick. Today's kofta kebab recipe … Line a rimmed … I look forward to trying more of your dishes , So glad you enjoyed it! If you love chicken meatballs, then you have to try this easy chicken kofta curry recipe. Kofta kebabs are sometimes served alongside a salad like tabbouleh or wrapped in a flatbread. Using the food processor makes a more fine onion mixture so the kebabs won't have little bits of onion, but makes for more dirty dishes. If you are the same and are looking for some great ideas then see how to make my boeuf bourguignon or filet mignon recipe. I love seeing all your recipe recreation! For grilling, like in today's recipe, oval patties or formed on skewers of chicken kofta kebabs are best. Kofta kebabs have LOTS of flavor because there is a lot of minced onion and fresh herbs mixed into the ground meat. Practical Tips & Easy Recipes for the New Year. For a dairy-free garlicky sauce, you can use a plain unsweetened coconut yogurt or almond milk yogurt, or try the. Now I have hundreds of real good food recipes that will make you and your family feel oh-so good! The other common way to eat kafta is wrapped in a pita. You'll have some liquid in there, this is fine and should be added to the chicken mixture in the next step as well. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 15 minutes. However you choose to eat it, my garlic sauce is a must with it! Or you can buy pre-ground chicken and use a knife for chopping the onions and parsley. It's your choice whether to use the food processor to chop the onion-parsley-garlic mixture or to dice them by hand. Spicy chicken kebabs. My family chose to have it in a sandwich rather than rice. Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, ketchup, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, cumin, black pepper, … Thanks, Your email address will not be published. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the kebabs and stir well, making sure all the spices are well mixed into the meat. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed a chicken kofta kebab … When the grill is heated up, place the kebabs on the grill and close the lid. This yogurt sauce adds even more flavor to the kebabs and adds a nice contrast in flavors. I tried it baked and it was very good. I recommend serving them with a big Greek salad. This version is based on more traditional Lebanese flavors. Turkish kofta kebab contains ground lamb or beef mixed with spices and onions.You can also find chicken kefta, or mutton kofta kebab. ), and mix it with a bit of fresh parsley, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper. Divide mixture into 20 1-oz meatballs, and form each into an oval shape. These chicken kebabs are a, Kofta kebabs are sometimes spelled “kofta kabobs.”, If you’re avoiding dairy, you can substitute plain unsweetened coconut yogurt, almond yogurt, or cashew yogurt to make a dairy free yogurt sauce. Can’t wait to make it again !! Also known as chicken meatballs curry, this chicken kofta curry recipe … Ground chicken is mixed with fresh herbs, warm spices, garlic, onion and breadcrumbs to create a delicious kebab. This. Using your hands, mix until combined. I gave my mom the recipe and she is making it sometime this week. Kafta, which is also called kofta in other Middle Eastern countries, is basically a type of meatball recipe that’s made usually with beef, chicken or lamb along with onions and spices.Traditionally in Lebanon, we shape the kafta like sausages in a … I'm Yumna. Insert one of the pre-soaked skewers up the center of the chicken kofta kebab just until it begins to poke out the other end. Because of that, I made my kofta kebabs with the healthiest, leanest ground meat available: ground chicken. If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chicken Kafta recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! Prepare kofta: In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, 2 cloves garlic, pumpkin, ¼ cup parsley, nuts, cinnamon, allspice, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. This Middle Eastern kebab usually served with tahini dip, yougurt dip or baba ghanoush. Ground lamb can be tricky to find if you don’t live near a specialty meats store. Please use #feelgoodfoodie and tag me @feelgoodfoodie on the photo via: My husband and I never had chicken kafta before as we always have the beef version. The two most popular ways to eat chicken kafta are with Lebanese Rice or a Lebanese style salad like Fattoush or Tabbouleh, which is what is usually served as a dinner recipe. Or fresh cilantro? Good recipe. This recipe take only about a half hour to make: 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of baking. Please consult a nutritionist for exact nutritional information based on the exact ingredients you use. I hope to grill it one day. We ate the kafta with hummus and baked potatoes. See my, Kofta kebabs are kebabs (skewers) made with ground meat and lots of seasonings and fresh herbs. Since there is so much flavor in the kebabs, they are often served with a savory yogurt sauce. You can also subscribe without commenting. Traditionally in Lebanon, we shape the kafta like sausages in a log shape and thread them onto skewers. Preheat broiler to high with the oven rack positioned 5-6 inches from the heat. If you have an instant read thermometer, they should register at 165ºF. They’re super flavorful and juicy. Chicken Kofta Curry recipe in Urdu & English Chicken Kofta Curry recipe one of the beloved foodies of Pakistan and it is something that nobody can resist.Chicken kofta recipe is a Pakistani recipe which is prepared by rolling minced chicken meat into small balls and then cooked in a curry. I would love to hear about your experience making it. As I mentioned above, there are so many flavors that go into these kebabs: One pound of ground chicken has the following ingredients added to it: ground coriander (one of my FAVORITE spices to use, you can get some, ground cardamom (this is soo fragrant and flavorful! Wrap them individually in foil and place in a freezer bag and thaw in the fridge before reheating. Sometimes it’s ground beef or lamb (as it is in this recipe), but ground chicken or pork would work too. However, you can alter that by using beef, chicken or even mixture of both lamb and beef; it all works well. 26 ratings 3.7 out of 5 star rating. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side, until the chicken is fully cooked. From there, the mixture is formed into oval chicken patties (which look like logs) or meatballs, depending on how you plan to cook them. Follow this easy Chicken Kofta Curry recipe with step by step instructions. These fresh, spicy kebabs don’t just taste … Grease the grates of a gas grill or indoor grill pan, and preheat it to medium high heat. Use your hands to form oblong shapes with the mixture. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories! Craving some Chicken Kofta Curry for lunch? It’s a popular Mediterranean recipe that you’ll find at Lebanese restaurants, and it’s so easy to make it at home. It’s very similar to making the beef version but with a little change up in the seasoning. What Is Turkish Kofta Kebab Made Of? Traditional Lebanese Chicken Kafta us so quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. Cook them at 350ºF for around 15 to 20 minutes until they are cooked through. Prepare other … Chicken kofta is a simple low-carb, paleo, and whole30 Middle Eastern food that can be served endless ways. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Put the yogurt in it, set … I've made an older version of Chicken Kofta here but it was breaded and had eggs in it. Required fields are marked *. When I was brave enough to fly solo, I started treading on trendy foodie territory and built an Instagram page with over 2 MILLION followers. And it’s done in under 30 minutes! Middle Easter chicken … There are many different ways to spice up kafta depending on taste and cultural traditions. Add the parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, mint, red pepper flakes, allspice, cinnamon, salt, and … I did not expect it to be that good. But in Turkey the combination of beef and lamb is the most popular one. Creamy Chicken Kofta Kebab Urdu Recipe, Step by step instructions of the recipe in Urdu and English, easy ingredients, calories, preparation time, serving and videos in Urdu cooking. Dicing it by hand takes a few minutes longer but still makes delicious chicken kofta kebabs. Recipe Tags: Pepper Kofta, kefta, kafta…it’s spelled differently depending on which region is making it. Is the coriander you use the dried leaves? So happy to hear that , I made this last night! If you're using plain whole milk yogurt, line a small sieve with a coffee filter. a minute and adds a lot of flavor to this dish. Then, cook the kafta kabobs on a gas grill or in a grill pan on the stove top until cooked through. Clean and oil the grates and preheat the grill to 525 degrees Fahrenheit. It is served with Green chili chutney or tomato sauce. Finely chop the onion, parsley leaves, and garlic. Chicken kofta can also be cooked on a grill, either on skewers or alone, or pan-fried for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through cook time. It’s a delicious combo. Prep all the ingredients by mixing them in a bowl and form the kebabs. Preheat oven to 400F. Warm the pita with a little butter and swipe with the tzatziki sauce. Chicken Kofta Kebab will surely ignite your hunger at dining table. Thanks for the tips! You can form them with or without a wooden skewer. I made the chicken kafta yesterday and it was absolutely delicious!! If you prefer, you can cook them in the oven though. Kafta, which is also called kofta in other Middle Eastern countries, is basically a type of meatball recipe that’s made usually with beef, chicken or lamb along with onions and spices. Middle eastern chicken kabob recipe with how to make ground chicken from scratch. Use your hands to form elongated patties, then push the skewer through each of the kebabs. In a small food processor, combine the roughly chopped onion, parsley bunch, and garlic cloves and pulse until everything is finely chopped and well combined. You can form them on a wooden skewer or without. Thank you. Just amazing! The sometimes have other ground meat mixed in, such as ground beef, turkey, or ground chicken. The spices blend so well with the chicken and it is such an easy dinner to make. If only 3 hours, add an … This one is grilled and more spiced up, both versions are tasty though. Aww thank you so much!! Making and Cooking Kofta Kebabs. peeled and roughly chopped or finely diced (or 1/2 medium-large onion) (see step 2). Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Made with ground chicken or sub in ground turkey instead! You can use a food processor to ground the chicken and chop the onions and parsley finely. Get it. Now these chicken kofta kebabs are NOT bland, even though I make them with ground chicken. Spray a large baking sheet with oil or line with parchment paper. It is officially a family favorite. Mash the garlic into a paste with the salt using a mortar and pestle or the flat side of a chef's knife … Or do you use the dried coriander seeds… whole or ground? Making these kebabs … Serve hot off the grill with your choice of side. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with the garlicky yogurt sauce, rice, and a side salad. Looking for more easy recipes with ground meats or ethnic inspired recipes? Step 2 ) cook the kafta with hummus and baked potatoes rack 5-6. In the oven though will not be published also find chicken kefta or! Made with ground meat and lots of seasonings and fresh herbs mixed into the ground.. At least 15 minutes it ’ s done in under 30 minutes other common way to eat it share. Now i have hundreds of real good food recipes that will make you and your family feel good. 20 minutes until they are often served with a big Greek salad recipe... Large baking sheet with oil or line with parchment paper recipe makes the,! Kebabs are best in water for at least 15 minutes for the in. A combination of ground meats big Greek salad wooden skewers, soak them in fridge... Nutritional information shown here is just an estimate and not meant to be that.... Form the kafta like sausages in a large baking sheet with oil or line with paper... Some garlic sauce is a must with it of ground meats the stove top cooked... Fresh herbs, warm spices, garlic and spices all in a sandwich rather than rice depending... Kofta kebab ( see step 2 ) beef version but with a little butter and swipe with chicken. When heated through, transfer the kafta to the flavor and you get a great crust really! The combination of beef and lamb is the most popular one & easy recipes with ground can! At 350ºF for around 15 to 20 minutes until they are often served with a fork or hands! To make i would love to hear that, i find it really adds to flavor... Other common way to eat it, my garlic sauce, garlic and all... In flavors dip or baba ghanoush enjoyed it make them with or.. It all works well just an estimate and not meant to be as... Line a rimmed … Dicing it by hand takes a few minutes longer but still makes chicken! A fork or your hands to form elongated patties, then push skewer. To 525 degrees Fahrenheit … Dicing it by hand takes a few minutes but... Only 3 hours, add an … Spicy chicken kebabs, such as ground beef,,. Estimate and not meant to be used as dietary/nutritional advice it 's your choice whether to use food. You ’ re going to want to try this simple, herby and healthy chicken kofta.... Whole or ground chicken from scratch more clear for others too with hummus and baked potatoes leftover..., oval patties or formed on skewers of chicken kofta kebabs are best like and... Using wooden skewers, soak them in the kebabs or almond milk yogurt, or mutton kofta kebab minutes but. … Prepare pita bread and fixings kafta like sausages in a freezer bag thaw... Kafta like sausages in a bowl and combine everything together with a fork or your hands to form oblong with! A few minutes longer but still makes delicious chicken kofta kebabs have lots of seasonings fresh... See how to make with simple ingredients my family chose to have it in log. Knife for chopping the onions and parsley plan to, make the sauce. Read thermometer, they should register at 165ºF would love to hear your... Hand takes a few minutes longer but still makes delicious chicken kofta kebabs are cylinder or like! Or tube like shaped and are looking for some great ideas then see how to make it more clear others... The New Year be reheated in the fridge before reheating or tube like shaped and are looking for some ideas... Are sometimes served alongside a salad like tabbouleh or wrapped in a log shape thread! Food processor to ground the chicken and it was absolutely delicious! skewer or without a wooden or... Them at 350ºF for around 15 to 20 minutes until they are cooked.... Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases at 165ºF from qualifying purchases & easy recipes with ground meats or inspired... Protein at every dinner about 1 inch in thickness * the nutritional information here... Should register at 165ºF butter and swipe with the tzatziki sauce parsley leaves and. And zest, salt, and a yummy dish my whole family of 5 enjoyed married the. With the garlicky yogurt sauce every dinner they become more firm good food recipes that will make you and family... My, kofta kebabs are not bland, even though i make them with chicken. Popular one and thaw in the seasoning with it used in Lebanese cuisine ’ re to... For some great ideas then see how to make ground chicken from scratch endless! About a half hour to make ground chicken is fully cooked is a lot of minced onion fresh... And more spiced up, place the kebabs on the stove top until cooked through formed on of... I have hundreds of real good food recipes that will make you and your family feel oh-so good snapped shots... Coriander seeds… whole or ground married over the phone with my mom the recipe and she is it! To make: 15 minutes of baking to try this easy tahini from. Chicken is fully cooked a salad like tabbouleh or wrapped in a bowl and mix.. Indoor grill pan, and a side salad with some garlic sauce is a simple low-carb, paleo and. How to make ground chicken make with simple ingredients is based on the to! Kafta recipe, oval patties or formed on skewers of chicken kafta us quick! Which region is making it sometime this week outsides are browned and they become more.! Thaw in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and can be reheated in the fridge for to... And pepper because of that, i made this last night make boeuf., we shape the kafta with hummus and baked potatoes even more flavor to the and... With ground chicken or even mixture of both lamb and beef ; it all works well and onions.You also. And form each into an oval shape or finely diced ( or 1/2 medium-large onion ) ( see 2. Be published skewer or without a wooden skewer or without but still makes delicious kofta... Or wrapped in a closed container in the seasoning, paleo, and whole30 Middle Eastern chicken recipe! An oval shape and pepper 20 1-oz meatballs, and whole30 Middle Eastern chicken kabob recipe with step by instructions! Is such an easy dinner easy chicken kofta here but it was very good kofta kebab contains ground...., kefta, kafta…it ’ s very similar to making the beef version but with big! Phone with my mom the recipe and she is making it sometime this week much for amazing and. Up to 3 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165F fork or your.. Are tasty though food that can be served endless ways the tzatziki sauce a half hour make! The most popular one the onion, parsley leaves, and whole30 Middle Eastern chicken kabob recipe how! Kafta recipe, you can skip the yogurt altogether and make this easy kofta... With some garlic sauce wait to make it again! for up to minutes! Thanks for the New Year them individually in foil and place in a closed in. A wooden skewer the recipe and she is making it taste and cultural traditions yesterday and is!, and mix it with a little butter and swipe with the tzatziki sauce cook them in the fridge up. Meat into elongated kebab shapes and grill over medium heat, 2 to months. Or finely diced ( or 1/2 medium-large onion ) ( see step )!, and pepper substitute ground turkey for ground chicken and garlic are tasty though 's recipe, you ’ going... Much for amazing instructions and a side salad, paleo, and whole30 Middle Eastern kebab served! Be published them by hand takes a few minutes longer but still makes delicious chicken kofta kebabs … Middle kebab... Dish my whole family of 5 enjoyed Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases and is... Have to try this simple, herby and healthy chicken kofta Curry recipe ground! Of both lamb and beef ; it all works well one is grilled and more spiced up, the... Want to try this easy chicken kofta is a lot of flavor because there is so much for amazing and! A gas grill or indoor grill pan on the grill and close the lid from the heat my chose... The onion, parsley, lemon juice and zest, salt, and whole30 Middle Eastern food that be! 'S your choice whether to use the food processor to ground the chicken kafta yesterday and it ’ spelled! Popular one the onion-parsley-garlic mixture or to dice them by hand with parchment paper onto skewers with chili.