You can get more than one meaning for one word in Urdu. This is why classic Spanish books are fabulous options for learners. Tío/tía, as you may remember from Spanish 1, literally mean uncle/aunt. It is "asno", it is a synonim for donkey. When something is boring or annoying, you can use que ladilla as an exclamation. Acapulco (place) Alberto; Alejandro; Amigo; Angel; Antonio Male Donkey & Burro Names. Other sites use scripted content. A general word to designate “thing” or “stuff”. For more on slang that Argentinos can’t live without, click here! They say it is slang for donkey. The famous chicken buses of Guatemala are often referred to as burras, but fancy pullman trucks also make the cut. You have Spanish Speakers up and down the Southwest. Mexicans love the verb platicar. SpanishDict is the world's most popular Spanish-English dictionary, translation, and learning website. In languages, Burro is the Spanish word for donkeys. Over 100,000 Hindi translations of English words and phrases. 2. What about Uruguayan slang? “Cómete un banano*, te ayudará con el chuchaqui” There are some other common terms for donkeys. donkey. If you wanna learn some more on Mexican slang to survive on the streets, check out this fun post! Mom and Dad. The slang word / phrase / acronym chooch means... . 1. Insider Tip:  Be careful because pata in PR means homoseuxal. It would be cool to try to add those to your list. The Cuban version of “bro” used to show proximity, usually preceded by que bola. “Mom, I’m gonna go hang out with my friends, see ya”. Not to be confused with the word carajo (shi*), carajito is a little boy, a kid. “I have to leave right now if I want to get the bus!”. “Boludo, la fiesta estuvo re buena, ¡y te la perdiste!” As Cubans migrated to the U.S., much of Cuban slang migrated with them to Miami and New York, so knowing Cuban slang could really do you some favors if you want to improve your street smarts! In Ecuador and some other countries, you’ll hear Banano instead of Plátano. Se fue al garete” Caleta, historically a place to hide stolen goods, is an informal term for house. The combination of these two meet in the classic phase ¡hágale pues! Not only do you get to enjoy a great story, you also learn important cultural references while improving your Spanish. Barbaro. Tato is the lite version of “está todo bien” or “está todo”. “¿Te dijo gorda? To get more insider intel on Guatemalan expressions, check out this link! “How boring is this stuff*”. It got out of hand”. The donkey or ass (Equus africanus asinus), is a domesticated member of the horse family, Equidae.The wild ancestor of the donkey is the African wild ass, E. africanus.The donkey has been used as a working animal for at least 5000 years. In other words, it is easier to tell Spanish speakers apart by a few key slang words that give them away in an instant! Re “Ese tipo es re copado!” “Shi*, I have to turn in the essay tomorrow and I haven’t even started yet!”. You’re not gonna believe it! ¿Cómo estás?” female donkey (also: blockhead, thickhead, mare, dunce) burra {f} SIMILAR TRANSLATIONS. Po is the shortened version of pues, roughly meaning “well” or “then”. When you have a mad hangover from la joda (the party), you have a chuchaqui. “My boyfriend hung up on me again!” “What a jerk!”. Ñeque also comes from the Quechua word ñiqquiy meaning muscle. Check out the top 3 slang words from Spain below. Pinchar Diffren peopo write dea Pidgin language diffren way. This page provides all possible translations of the word donkey in the Spanish language. Search meanings in Urdu to get the better understanding of the context. Another way of saying drunk! It literally means “send”, as in Message Not Received: Please Send Again. You’ll hear this phrase used by our Spaniard voice actors in the amazing Gritty Spanish Audio stories! However, if you ear hasn’t been attuned to their Caribbean swang, here are the top 3 words that will give away a Puerto Rican instantaneously. “Mami voy a salir con mis amigas” “Dale, tato” tienes or tenis). It has the same meaning as "burro", sure is, thanks!! This is considered a form of courtesy in Mexico, and kids are taught that responding “¿Qué?” to an adult is maleducado (rude). “Hey bro, how have you been?”, “¡Mi novio me colgó de nuevo! If you want to learn more about colloquial Spanish from all of the different Spanish speaking countries, make sure to check out the GrittySpanish blog and get fluent today! ), and see dun (adj.). It’s only slightly derogatory and depends greatly on the tone it’s used for. could it be "asno"?? There are more than 40 million donkeys in the world, mostly in underdeveloped countries, where they are used principally as draught or pack animals. Cerote But if you can’t catch their accent right away, here are a few slang words that make them stand out! 84 synonyms of donkey from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 32 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Many countries use joder as annoy or mess around, but none of them use the stand-alone verb with the intensity of a Spaniard. I haven’t seen him for donkey’s years (British) (informal) hace siglos que no lo veo. ¡Te extrañe este fin de!” female adjective. “¡Me toca salir ahora mismo si quiero tomar la burra!” For example, pajero means liar or idiot. They are also physically very diverse and some Mexicans have a quite neutral accent. 1. Copado English Spanish Dictionary You have searched the English word donkey meaning in Spanish borrico. Check out some of the examples below! 3. “Oye chamo, ¿cómo está la vaina?” “Voy a la caleta de un pana” thanks again, Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés. “Hola Vale, ¿cómo estay? Here, however, we have some truly Guatemalan words that only the chapínes/chapinas (Guatemalans) use! 2. Oxford English and Spanish Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Spanish to English Translator Also look out for deci (a.k.a. It is a transition word or an exclamation, roughly equating to well or hey! Gritty Spanish is a collection of immersive, realistic stories in Spanish. Chuchaqui On the opposite side of the world and Spanish spectrum, we have the Dominicans. meaning do it already or go ahead. Okay, I see you…”. The website Aloha On My Mind claims it is Hawaiian slang or Pidgin but doesn't provide a translation. “Look at that little boy over playing with the dogs”. “Manos, unos achos sacaron armas en el concierto! “¿Todo bien parce? The donkey or ass (Equus africanus asinus), is a domesticated member of the horse family, Equidae.The wild ancestor of the donkey is the African wild ass, E. africanus.The donkey has been used as a working animal for at least 5000 years. 3. Take a look. Al garete see also hind 1. compounds. Mande Ant Ass (lit. Ecuador has the second largest indigenous population of any country in South America. ... [British slang] Words Related to donkey. “Girl I got pissed when he left without saying bye”, “¡La fiesta estuvo arrechisima!” Ñeque by it self means fuerza (strength/force). But what about their Spanish? ¿Qué hubo? It’s another way of saying okay, sure. hembra - F - H - M - mujer - mujer - tipo. “Metele ñeque al deber” “¿No terminó sus tareas todavía? “Hey there Maria, what’s up?”. Here are 3 of the most typical Peruvian slang words! There are more than 40 million donkeys in the world, mostly in underdeveloped countries, where they are used principally as draught or pack animals. female noun. you’re too lazy), “te falta ñeque”. If you can’t tell them apart from their Spanglish, island swag and affinity to leave out the “s” from all words, you can identify them by these 3 popular slang words! You can always tell if someone is Mexican by this subtlety (and if you’re Spanish is still rocky, be prepared to hear this one a lot)! Traditionally an offensive way to say “loser”, derived from the word cero or “zero”, it is now a common way to refer a friend as a term of endearment. Thus, you can be sure that you’re speaking with a Chilean if they sneak in a po every other sentence. They also use the word “pues” excessively, almost as a filler. “Mira ese carajito allí jugando con los perritos” 2. “What’s going on man?”. Parce or parcero/a is next on the list of “bro/dude” and “girl/chick” terms. You’re missing a whole subset of Spanish slang from border states like New Mexico and Arizona. » This is not slang, as the verb « mandar », besides meaning « to send », means « to order (someone to do something ) ». Chamo/a means a boy or a girl, similar to tío/tía. Back to Spanish. “¡No quiero salir más contigo! . Los puertorriqueños are usually easy to pick out of a line-up because they swap their “r’s” with “l’s” (calor becomes calol).