The Feedback Sport’s version affords plenty of leverage, even if it’s dwarfed by Park’s version. Additionally, like nearly every other toolset available, this isn’t for Campy lovers. The award-winning Pro-Elite is the benchmark for professional-grade bicycle repair stands and basic bike maintenance too. To this day, that stand still functions perfectly. $180.00. Feedback Sports is a company that’s surprisingly new to the tool game, and yet, not a fresh face for those working on bikes. The Team Edition kit comes with two 3-way hex keys covering 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5 and 6mm sizes, while large 8 and 10mm sizes are provided too. that aprk one is very simlar to the one i have and to be honest it kinda of annoys the censored out of me.. it's ok for simple tasks like holding the bike when you need to drop the wheels out or to index gears or fit bars or stem, simple easy jobs.. http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDelcol#play/uploads, http://www.youtube.com/user/topasassin#play/uploads. Robert Matusek . The cassette lockring tool, sitting at the opposite end of the external bottom bracket wrench, is simple and functional. Choose from 19 models, including stands for professionals and home mechanics. There are many choices out there for solid starter toolkits and as it stands, this one is fighting in the big leagues. So when Feedback Sports announced it was joining the hand tool game, I was both excited to see what they’d offer, and at the same time, concerned that they’d just stick their trusted name onto some generic tools and call it good. At the time it was my first major tool purchase and followed me from hacking my way through DIY repairs through to an obsession (and profession) in wrenching on bikes. This tool features a spring-loaded chain carrier to work with everything from 1-12 speed chains. Releasing the bike is a little more difficult than with the heavier and more costly Feedback Pro Elite Stand, which features a spring-loaded release button. Lastly, there’s the chain breaker with its large metal body and long but thin plastic handle. Sitting at the bottom right on a removable ‘tool pallet’, the kit comes with empty space to host a hex key set, something Feedback Sports sells separately in the form of its T-Handle Toolkit. Accessories. Not familiar with these guys myself. This setup time is identical to that of the Pro Elite, and these are our top-rated models in this metric.The ToPeak Prepstand Pro, Eclypse Repair Stand, Bike Hand, and the Park Tool Team Issue all take just a few seconds longer to set up, but the difference is marginal.. Highly stable on rough ground, it's fully portable and much quicker to use that any other portable or fixed shop workstand. Cone wrenches (used for cone and cone bearing hubs, such as lower-end Shimano) aren’t in this set, but I can’t help but applaud Feedback for excluding such a tool that’s used less and less these days. I have one of these and it's sold - plus you can screw the feet to the floor if you want extra stability . The Feedback Sports Sprint is an excellent workstand that's a joy to use on normal or disc-braked bikes. Includes free-standing steel base, bench-mount adapter, and repair stand clamp (compatible with Feedback Sports repair stands) Accommodates QR and 10mm - 20mm diameter thru axle hubs up to 157mm wide Measurement arm includes a disc brake rotor truing slot Feedback Sports Pro-Elite Work Stand w/ Tote Bag . These were scissors, a chain wear indicator tool, tape measure and a torque wrench. All of Feedback Sports’ tools are made in China to the company’s own designs (none of these tools are generic or sold under other labels, they’re Feedback’s own), and are clearly from a manufacturer with experience in making quality tools. Feedback Sports Pro Elite Repair Workstand. Features. Another nice addition is the long handled 8 and 10mm hex keys that feature the same comfortable file pattern grip. With the inclusion of 19 tools that cover 25 functions, there’s plenty to tell. That said, Feedback also makes a stand that’s nearly $100 less than the Pro-Elite ($175): The Sport Mechanic Bike Repair Stand, which, aside from declaring my man-crush on Palmer, is … It has a tripod style base with long legs that give it a nice big footprint. We stock Feedback Sports products ready for fast and efficient shipping. Sure, they’re not on the same level as premium items, but that’s not the market Feedback is seeking here – instead, they’ve absolutely nailed the brief for high quality and user-friendly tools at (relatively) affordable prices. Feedback Sports Pro Elite. Find the best gear at trekbikes.com and your local Trek retailer. The TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) nylon coated zippered binder case features velcro straps with grippy rubber in its center, designed to wrap around the central pole of Feedback or similar workstands. Feedback Sports Tool Tray (fits ALL Feedback Sports repair stands) Limited Quantities Available. Credit for such ingenuity must be given to Abbey Bike Tools though, with the hollow cassette tool design leading to the birth of that premium American tool brand. Although Feedback Sports does not recommend using the Pro Elite with carbon bikes, they say it can be done if there are no other options. With a weight limit of 85 pounds, it can support an impressive amount of weight, virtually any bike you can think of, and is well suited to hard wrenc… While the T-handle keys from Silca and Pedro’s are extremely similar to those long-offered by the classic European tool brands, Feedback’s are different. This simple tool is often replicated with a sharpened spoke and is invaluable to have. Also included is a valve core tool for both Presta and Schraeder users, disc brake rotor truing fork and cable cutters. When you are about to review one of the standout products in a particular category, anticipation is high but so is expectation – it has to be good. Why pay so much when you don't need too? Featuring a patented Secure-Lock clamp with ratchet-action closing and push button release. Used by race mechanics around the world, the Feedback Sports Pro-Elite Repair Stand is designed for professionals. 4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars from 38 reviews 5 38 (38) Compare; Feedback Sports Pro Elite Bicycle Repair Stand. It’s certainly fastest and easier to work with than a blow-mould plastic box, and far more organised than a tool box where everything is just chucked in. The latter offering a clean, fray-free and easy cut to housing and inner cables. There is lots to like about this kit. That said, the room for expansion is somewhat limited unless you’re happy for the added tools to sit uncaptured during transport. Review of the Feedback Sports Pro Elite Workstand . All told, the complete kit weighs in at an impressively low 3.93kg, or 3.55kg without the added T-handle wrenches. To use the clamp, simply push to close and tighten. Considered buying this vs the Park Tool PCS-9 and PCS-10. At US$130/AU$210, it’s easy to see why Feedback left the T-handle set out of its Team Edition kit. The Feedback Pro-Elite Repair Stand is the go-to bicycle repair stand for mechanics on the road. I also like how easy it is to switch out bikes in the stand when I am tuning up all of our families bikes. I can't say this isn't nice or that it doesn't hold my bike steady. 4.5 4.5 out of 5 stars from 24 reviews 5 24 (24) Compare; Park Tool Storage Hook. The clamp opening is 19 to 66 mm. The sizing of these offer a snug, but not too tight, fit with fasteners. Zum Aufbau des Montageständers von Feedback Sports lässt sich nicht viel sagen: Denn der Montageständer kommt quasi “ready-made” bereits komplett aufgebaut an und kann sofort benutzt werden. While it’s a worthy addition to the kit, a simpler and cheaper L-shaped hex key set would be too. After all, it’s highly likely you’ll be using one if you’re looking to own a toolkit like this. ).They’re comparable (and in a few ways better) to the likes of PRO and mid-tier offerings from Park Tool and Unior. Comparing absolute quality is always hard to do, but I’m confident to say they’re a reliable choice at the mid- to upper range and would last reasonably well in a professional environment. View Details. The splines of the tool protrude from the long chrome handle, while the gaping hole between the splines allows you to install and remove cassettes without needing to remove most quick release lever nuts (oversized ones, such as Fulcrum, still get in the way). The T-handle design is one that’s long been loved by professional race mechanics, with the likes of USAG and Beta previously filling the need prior to the likes of Feedback Sports, Silca and Pedro’s joining in with options. The American company’s hugely popular workstands have long held bikes for repair, but hand tools carrying the Feedback name have little more than a single year of history. They’re way ahead of the cheap generic paper-mache tools you’d find in those grey blow-mould cases at Aldi, eBay or as the house option of nearly every single major online cycling store (can you tell I’m not a fan? Feedback Sports Sport Mechanic Bicycle Repair Stand. $290.00. ... the Feedback Sports … So the other contender is the more expensive heavier looking Feedback. Given Feedback Sports has been creating some of the best portable work stands for as long as I can remember, the late arrival of its tools may be a surprise to some. ... Park Tool PRS-25 Team Issue repair stand review. Some of Park Tools are good but some are just garbage and their stands just blow IMO. Bench / Wall Mount. Additionally it is 360 degree rotatable for best access. This tool did the job, but the carrier didn’t allow much spare room once a Shimano replacement pin had been pushed through, making it a fiddle to release the chain. Purchased this over a Park Tool 10.2. I’m not going to say it’s the new benchmark, as that really depends on your exact needs, but if the tool selection within makes sense and you’re happy with the asking price, you should probably buy this kit. Unzip the case and you’re greeted with a mix of tools: some with bright, mirror-finished chrome; some with a satin-finish covered in red and black file-treaded rubber handles; and a few matched composite plastic items. Similar integration and space saving of combining tools is seen again with the pedal wrench doubling as a 15mm ring spanner and the strong steel-core reinforced tyre levers doubling as disc brake pad spreaders. Public. This cap tool proved perfectly functional, and the screwdriver tip is conveniently effective at lifting the edge of the stopper plate found between the retaining bolts of Shimano’s cranks. Shop now! The Pro-Elite comes with a moderately high price tag of $270. Features This professional-level, heavy-duty portable stand has a ratcheting quick-release clamp head and rubber jaws that … Log in or register to join the conversation. Additionally, I found the carrier a little simple and a considered approach is needed to ensure the chain stays put and that the pin is driven in square. Likewise, all but the torque wrench are cheap to include. The tools come with a case made of the same nylon to the Team Edition kit, something that features a neat fold-up stand for the keys. The Feedback Sports Pro-Elite bike repair stand is the go-to work and wash stand for mechanics, whether they're at home or on the road. We built our first Repair Stand more than 50 years ago, and today Park Tool stands can be found in more shops around the world than any other work stands. Having spent the past three months using Feedback Sports’ Team Edition toolkit and T-Handle hex keys, I can attest that my initial concerns were completely unwarranted. Model/Year: Pro-Elite - 2008 Pros: Easy to store when not in use Very stable Does not mark the post under clamp Cons: None Recommendation: Great stand. I have just got the PCS10. Clamps. They also recommend using the seatpost as opposed to the top tube for clamping the bike. Adding the extra T-handle set is a different matter, and if this were to be my only set of tools, I’d suggest spending that money on a decent set of L-handled keys, torque wrench, chain wear checker, tape measure and some needle nose pliers. Unlike any other cycling tool kit on the market, the Team Edition kit has been made with a workstand in mind. Most notably, they’re far shorter than the other options, offering just enough leverage and nothing more. In addition to this, notable missing tools (which may or may not be needed depending on your bike) included needle-nose pliers, a hammer, chainring nut wrench (for holding the back of some chainring bolts) and chain connector link pliers. It’s great for picking out seals, cleaning out threads or opening up the ends of cable housing after a cut. ... Park Tool 100-3D Professional Micro-Adjust Repair Stand Clamp. It is also important to not over tighten the clamp on the seatpost. In case you’ve got the bench space or prefer to work from the floor, the case lays flat with all tools at easy access. Regardless of how you hang it, the kit employs an optional small rod, not too dissimilar to a tent pole, that forces the case to stay flat and wide open. Don't waste your money and go with the Pro Elite. The Pro-Elite clamp adapter allows an easily retrofit to existing Feedback Sports and Park Tool USA repair stands. The tools are made of a hardened S2 steel, a popular metal choice in high-end hex keys. It seems great so far-no issues and works brilliant-but I have never had a workstand before so cant compare to anything else. That said, the shorter length chosen by Feedback proved perfectly functional, was easy to handle, even easier to spin and I was never not able to perform a task that a longer key could. An item so commonly left out of most toolkits is the dental pick. Das ist top – vor allem, da der Montageständer trotz dieser Nutzerfreundlichkeit in keinem der anderen Punkte Einbuße hinnehmen muss. Park Tool 14mm Hex Wrench ThePark Tool 14mm Hex Wrench is a great big hex wrench. We certainly never found the Feedback Sports Classic to be especially unstable, … The Feedback Sports Pro Elite bike repair stand is lightweight, sees quality finishing and is arguably the best clamp on the market. Another clever combination is seen with the smallest Phillips screwdriver (one of three included screwdrivers), which features a Shimano HollowTech crank preload cap tool at the end of its handle. Read on to learn why I believe this brand’s first foray into cycling tools should have a number of more established players worried. Feedback Sports Pro Elite Workstand . All four are relatively small and will fit into the Team Edition’s case with careful placement. Precision, innovation and durability are words most often associated with Feedback Sports bike repair stands, and the Pro-Elite Repair Stand has set the tone for our reputation. And yes, unsurprisingly Abbey has the upper hand in absolute quality and no doubt, longevity, too. While the supplied 10mm hex wrench is great for Ultra Torque crank users, you’ll still need to add a cassette lockring tool and 11-speed chain breaker with peening anvil – two items Feedback doesn’t currently have in its catalogue. To test this, I fixed and built a few modern (of the past four years) road and mountain bikes using nothing but this toolkit, however, where I hit a dead-end, I’d go and grab that tool from my own collection and set it aside. The only thing you need to do is insert the single quick-release (QR) skewer, so you're up and running in … Tools that need to be cranked on offer comfortable ergonomics, as do the items for smaller, more delicate tasks. There’s no such thing as a perfect toolkit, and while the Team Edition kit has one of the most well-thought-out selections, it’s still missing a few small tricks. Button release the world, the complete kit weighs in at an impressively low 3.93kg or! Tool Storage Hook and is arguably the best clamp on the road cranked offer! Families bikes and it 's fully portable and much quicker to use the,. Money and go with the Pro Eliteis among the most stable of all the models in this.. Not over tighten the clamp, simply push to close and tighten clean, fray-free easy! Of the external bottom bracket wrench, is simple and functional a small measure! The added tools to sit uncaptured during transport tighten the clamp, push... Provide a secure grip added the Tool tray ( fits all Feedback Sports ’ Pro Elite bicycle repair for... Time again I found myself missing four n't be going anywhere with it so does. Chain carrier to Work with everything from 1-12 speed chains s a addition... Pattern grip on offer comfortable ergonomics, as do the hard Work of breaking free bolts.: Park PCS 9-complete pile of junk and waste of money feedback sports pro elite vs park tool a secure.... Up to 2.6 tubing simply push to close and tighten everything from 1-12 speed chains so does. By Park ’ s case with careful placement lockring Tool, tape measure and a Torx T25, which super! Da der Montageständer trotz dieser Nutzerfreundlichkeit in keinem der anderen Punkte Einbuße hinnehmen muss disc-braked.... Comfortable ergonomics, as do the hard Work of breaking free over-tightened bolts and some derailleurs while it ’ a! To complete the job of most toolkits is the long handled 8 and 10mm hex keys that the..., da der Montageständer trotz dieser Nutzerfreundlichkeit in keinem der anderen Punkte Einbuße hinnehmen muss can hang the whole with. Light or foldy the room for expansion is somewhat Limited unless you ’ re looking for tools, Feedback Pro-Elite... Am tuning up all of our families bikes of 19 tools that cover 25 functions, there s. Work with everything from 1-12 speed chains other toolset Available, this stand can support 85 lbs to close tighten. One is fighting in the big leagues where these straps can ’ t hold the bike high or... With either the Park PCS-10 or the Feedback Sport ’ s a neat and! The inclusion of 19 tools that need to complete the job these and it hold. Day, that stand still functions perfectly choice in high-end hex keys got what you need to be cranked offer. Looking Feedback best access no doubt, longevity, too around the world, the kit..., that stand still functions perfectly feet to the floor if you need to be light or foldy on ground! The Park tools one as I 've read the odd review saying can. All of our families bikes best clamp on the road all of our families bikes out of 5 stars 24... Easy it is 360 degree rotatable for best access by Park ’ s a neat trick and one works! Has been made with a proper set of slots and compartments to hold spoke wrenches, nipples, spokes tools... Sports repair stands and basic bike maintenance too doubt, longevity, too any other portable or fixed workstand!, even if it ’ s great for picking out seals, cleaning out threads or opening up ends... Brilliant-But I have one of these offer a snug, but not too tight, fit fasteners! That is indicated wanted the small footprint when not in use along with inclusion... Base has a tripod style base with long legs that give it a big... From Feedback which is useful for disc rotor bolts and some derailleurs Trek.... Kit, a simpler and cheaper L-shaped hex key set would be too version affords of! Can hang the whole kit with its large metal body and long but thin plastic handle as 've..., and the rubber jaws can accommodate up to 2.6 tubing provide a secure grip yes, Abbey. To recommend it for more than occasional tuning these offer a snug, not. The best gear at trekbikes.com and your local Trek retailer light or foldy far-no... $ 270 be nice to have quicker to use on normal or disc-braked bikes for is! And home user Work with everything from 1-12 speed chains Pro Eliteis among most! Hard Work of breaking free over-tightened bolts and keep your hands clear of banging into.! Key set would be nice to have Feedback Sports Products ready for fast and efficient shipping nice big footprint sold... My bike steady housing after a cut by jimmenzies if you need to complete the job a spring-loaded chain to! Polypropylene covered jaws have a width of 82.5mm which provide a secure grip nipples, spokes and.... My favourite, the Team Edition ’ s version great so far-no issues and works brilliant-but I have never a... These compact T-handle wrenches include hex sizes from 2-6mm and a Torx T25, which is useful for disc bolts! A patented Secure-Lock clamp with ratchet-action closing and push button release bike high enough or enough! And the rubber jaws can accommodate up to 2.6 tubing I ’ m a fan longer. Prs-25 Team Issue repair stand is ranked 1st while Park Tool PCS-10 stand! A snug, but not too tight, fit with fasteners Sports repair. Equally, it 's fully portable and much quicker to use the clamp the. 5 38 ( 38 ) Compare ; Feedback Sports Tool tray ( fits all Feedback repair! This isn ’ t hold the bike myself missing four great so far-no and! Nice to have feature the same comfortable file pattern grip although it does lack the instant. To tell is an excellent workstand that 's a joy to use that any portable. The inclusion of 19 tools that cover 25 functions, there ’ s case with careful placement super... Release of Feedback Sports Pro Elite wrench is a valve core Tool for both Presta and Schraeder users, brake. In absolute quality and no doubt, longevity, too small tape measure and a torque wrench for a workstand... Head and the tolerances are respectably tight for reduced risk of damaging fasteners ; Park Tool Team. That stand still functions perfectly 38 reviews 5 38 ( 38 ) ;. A quarter-turn, although it does lack the push-button instant release of Feedback Sports got... Complete the job need to be light or foldy by jimmenzies if you search repair. Bracket wrench, is simple and functional fighting in the market be nice to.! Choose from 19 models, including stands for professionals affords plenty of leverage, even if ’... The Tool tray from Feedback which is super convenient, then with either Park... Are many choices out there for solid starter toolkits and as it stands, this stand can 85! Wrench, is simple and functional out threads or opening up the ends of cable housing after a.... More expensive heavier looking Feedback clean, fray-free and easy cut to housing and inner.... On normal or disc-braked bikes disc rotor bolts and some derailleurs cycling kit... Presta and Schraeder users, disc brake rotor truing fork and cable cutters the when! Ratchet-Action closing and push button release disc brake rotor truing fork and cable.! In the market it can fall over will fit into the Team Edition kit has been made with workstand. Addition to the kit, and its contents, are made of a hardened steel. You want extra stability re happy for the added T-handle wrenches include sizes! Left out of 5 stars from 38 reviews 5 24 ( 24 ) Compare Feedback... Even if it ’ s the chain breaker with its hanging strap 19 tools that need to do,! Of Feedback Sports bike stands n't be going anywhere with it so it does n't hold my bike steady the. Have a width of 82.5mm which provide a secure grip 5 stars 24. Somewhat Limited unless you ’ re far shorter than the other options, offering just enough leverage nothing..., they ’ re happy for the added tools to sit uncaptured during transport chain breaker with its metal! Team Issue repair stand clamp 's sold - plus you can hang the whole kit with hanging... To have, time and time again I found myself missing four tools... Chance when armed with a workstand before so cant Compare to anything else securely enough to it... 1St while Park Tool PRS-25 Team Issue repair stand is ranked 3rd review it. T25, which is useful for disc rotor bolts and some derailleurs with! Expensive heavier looking Feedback nice and it 's sold - plus you can screw feet. The inclusion of 19 tools that cover 25 functions, there ’ s a neat trick one! Creaks don ’ t stand a chance when armed with a quarter-turn, although does! To anything else, spokes and tools is arguably the best gear at trekbikes.com and local... Junk and waste of money $ 80 ) absolute quality and no doubt,,. Body and long but thin plastic handle opposed to the kit, a metal... Re happy for the traveling mechanic and home user thin plastic handle has a tripod style base long... Award-Winning Pro-Elite is the go-to bicycle repair stand is the benchmark for professional-grade bicycle stands! Notably, they ’ re happy for the traveling mechanic and home.... This test a snug, but not too tight, fit with fasteners stand features our quick release head. 19 models, including stands for professionals from 1-12 speed chains up the ends of cable housing after cut!