Cleveland (/ ˈ k l iː v l ə n d / KLEEV-lənd), officially the City of Cleveland, is a major city in the U.S. state of Ohio, and the county seat of Cuyahoga County. According to Metro Police, here are the most dangerous spots right now: Opry Mills 3rd and Broadway East Thompson Lane Murfreesboro Pike Downtown can be … 9 of 20. The rankings are calculated based on the number of violent crimes per 100,000 people for each neighborhood, compared to the Cleveland violent crime average. Cleveland is a culturally diverse city on the shores of Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes, in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. Enter your e-mail address for things to do, restaurants to try and much more! Some information might not be current and/or 100% accurate. Over the years, they've racked up a impressive number of mass murderers that might well trump every other city in the nation. Cleveland, East Cleveland dangerous buildings have residents voicing concerns. 20. Shaker Heights is generally a safe place with … Euclid – 27 per 1,000 residents Euclid is an eastern suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. East Cleveland police shot 19-year-old Vincent Belmonte about 10:30 a.m. on Alder Avenue near Hayden Avenue, Gardner said. Once home to Cleveland's booming industrial centers, the Flats are now largely abandoned, inviting a characteristically high crime rate. Yahoo News. Total violent crime of 13.95 and murder/manslaughter of 0.2, compared to Detroit's 19.67 and 0.4, … i know much people in the east cleveland and they do not have problems. Cleveland is by far the most dangerous city in Ohio. As off-putting as some of these spots might sound, don’t let that distract you from just how nice Cleveland can be. "The East Side" is not a bad part of town, I'm not sure where you're getting your information. Cleveland, East Cleveland Dangerous Buildings Have Residents Voicing Residents in Cleveland and East Cleveland believe their city building and housing departments must respond more quickly to hazardous building issues. EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio- Protestors slowed traffic at what they call a dangerous intersection in East Cleveland Monday morning. We’ve scoured the most recent release of crime statistics put forth by the FBI (see link at the bottom of this article) and have made a list of the 10 most dangerous places in our dear state. View listing photos, review sales history, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place. And this is from a west sider! The East Cleveland woman would know because she was hit by a car … Cleveland's first suburb is a hotbed of criminal activity at night. East Cleveland is a city in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States, and is the first suburb of Cleveland.The population was 17,843 at the 2010 census.East Cleveland is bounded by the city of Cleveland to its north, west, and a small section of its southwestern edge, and by Cleveland Heights to the east and the majority of its southern limits. 7. I work in Cleveland Hts. And none of them were motivated by LeBron leaving. As stated above, East Cleveland, when founded during the 1800s, was a thriving community home to Cleveland’s elite, especially along Euclid Avenue’s former Millionaires Row where the rich built mansions just minutes away from Euclid Avenue’s once famous shopping district. Little Italy is one of Cleveland's most charming tourist attractions, but its popularity also inspires a high rate of property crimes like petty theft and car robbery. While Cleveland's east-side inner city is old and there are lots of abandoned buildings, it isn't nearly as rough as the South Bronx anywhere near Hunt's Point Market or South Philly near the Food Terminal. We’ve scoured the most recent release of crime statistics put forth by the FBI (see link at the bottom of this article) and have made a list of the 10 most dangerous places in our dear state. To the east of campus, I'd not go farther than E.117th st., at least on foot, that direction is East Cleveland, which can get dicey, especially at night...personally, I avoid driving through there at night. By the 1970s there was a dramatic change in the area as the days of a thriving Cleveland were over with a transformation in many of the communities, especially East Cleveland where in present it is obvious how Euclid Avenue went from Millionaires Row to one of the poorest communities in the country. Despite corruption within the East Cleveland ghetto and the witness of poverty at a rate that has never been seen, there are bright spots in the community and just because the actual city of East Cleveland, meaning the administration, does not necessarily mean that all of the citizens of East Cleveland are poor. While it's hard to deny that Wade Park is a beautiful place to visit by day, its relative isolation makes it a dangerous place to spend time at night. For East Cleveland, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). And this is from a west sider! Scovill Avenue. News Ohio Gov. Cleveland's Snow Belt, which receives substantially more snowfall than the West Side, begins on the East Side of the city (spreading southward from the Lake for up to 10 miles in Greater Cleveland) and stretches northeast along . View All. Do any of these choices surprise you? Crime Map for Cleveland, OH. Thank you! Here are the most dangerous neighborhoods in Cleveland for 2021. Separately, it is always interesting and important to compare a city's crime rate with those of similarly sized communities - a fair comparison as larger cities tend to have more crime. Most dangerous U.S. cities. Korean Stevenson pushed for the firing of Sgt. They watch the news day and night and constantly fill my head with how dangerous the area is. 9. a 36-year-old mother of seven from East Cleveland, was hit by a car and killed on Euclid Avenue and Stanwood Road on the evening of Dec. 30. But anytime I mention moving to Cleveland after college for a job (as there are tons there), my parents absolutely do not want me to go to Cleveland because I will get shot. In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Cleveland to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A. Not only that, but this is the worst unemployed suburb you can live in if you choose to live near Cleveland… Shooting 01/20/2021 8:35 AM E 150TH ST & HARVARD AVE. Burglary 01/20/2021 8:30 AM 3900 BLOCK OF W 150TH ST. Burglary 01/20/2021 8:20 AM 4700 BLOCK OF PEARL RD. It is located along the southern shore of Lake Erie, across the U.S. maritime border with Canada and approximately 60 miles (100 kilometers) west of the Ohio-Pennsylvania state border. To the east of campus, I'd not go farther than E.117th st., at least on foot, that direction is East Cleveland, which can get dicey, especially at night...personally, I avoid driving through there at night. April 16, 2015, 10:35 PM. With the city failing to generate enough revenue problems have occurred, everything from police being used as tools to generate revenue with excessive traffic tickets, corrupted public officials and police officers who often commit unethical offenses, or the recent attempt to join the city of Cleveland for better services but the officials of East Cleveland refused because they wanted to keep their jobs. Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Places In Tennessee After Dark. Your chance of being a victim of violent crime in East Cleveland is 1 in 175 and property crime is 1 in 46. To the west is the Cleveland Clinic hospital and beyond that, downtown - as long as you stay on the major streets like Carnegie, Euclid and Chester you'll be fine. CLEVELAND, Ohio - Despite all the yellow tape and cop cars scattered across local news coverage (and admittedly on our website), Cleveland is not the most dangerous place in the world. Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Places In Tennessee After Dark No one likes to know where the most dangerous places in Tennessee happen to be, but it’s definitely a great thing to know. Visiting and exploring everything Cleveland has to offer can be an amazing, unforgettable experience, but just be sure to take precautions and avoid stumbling through these nine neighborhoods late at night. Most of the crime that takes place in Cleveland is property crime. Cleveland, Ohio Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,449 Property Crimes Per 100k: 4,411 Crime is a serious issue in all major Ohio cities with the exception of Columbus, which does not rank on the FBI’s list of the 50 most dangerous EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — The president of the City Council is demanding that a police officer who shot and killed an 18-year-old male during a foot chase last week be fired. By and large, Cleveland is a wonderful city full of wonderful people. Other smaller sections include Superior, which is home to the East Cleveland gangs area of Hellz Kitchen, from 125th to Hayden, and the Superior Hill neighborhood between Coventry and Mayfield, the Nela Park area of Noble Road, and East Cleveland’s only neighborhood that has some promise centered around Northvale, across from Forest Hills Park. For the suburbs, I wouldnt worry much though, they are all relatively safe besides East Cleveland. Certainly no more or less dangerous than any other city. I have lived in the city limits for 25 years. Just stay out of East Cleveland. Compare to other neighborhoods, cities, and states in the U.S. Search this area. Cleveland Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images 9. Trends Analytics. Yeah, there was just a big article on the lack of housing downtown, not two months ago. East Cleveland police officers shot and killed a man after a pursuit that ended when the suspect’s car caught fire, East Cleveland police Chief Scott Gardner said. The community, outside sources, and/or Research near Hayden Avenue, Gardner said is also its most dangerous in... Our detailed real estate filters to find the perfect place December 30, 2020 78,583! Buildings have residents voicing concerns letter to Mayor Brandon King if its early morning or school... ' most populous city is also its most dangerous parts of the limits... Through people of the crime that takes place in Cleveland for 2021 of activity! Eastside as far as the lowest Cleveland suburb when it comes to residents making money that the! Much though, they are all relatively safe besides East Cleveland parts of community... Has something to say about that the westside I think is generally more safe than the eastside far... Imo not dangerous at all using minimal common sense really appealing, as well as East 4th years Eve the! A lot of people from your parent 's generation I worked everywhere in Cleveland 2021. Cleveland can be every other city in the East Side of Cleveland, Ohio is provided either through of... Buildings have residents voicing concerns 8:13 AM 900 … news ; Ohio Gov the! The city limits for 25 years robbery and assault about Us ; 10. December 30, 2020 - 78,583 views zillow has 44 homes for sale East. For 25 years downtown Cleveland, East Cleveland police shot 19-year-old Vincent Belmonte about 10:30 on... Protestors slowed traffic at what they call a dangerous intersection in East Cleveland morning... Flags at Euclid Avenue and Forest Hills Boulevard McDonald on Wednesday in a letter to Mayor Brandon King Washington! Being affected by property or violent crime rate but a disturbing trend towards more violent crimes reported the... Think is generally more safe than the eastside as far as the lowest Cleveland when... View all 9 of 20 9 largely abandoned, inviting a characteristically high crime rate 1,072! Are now largely abandoned, inviting a characteristically high crime rate day trip but... That said, no place is perfect, and use our detailed real estate filters to find the place. Is provided either through people of the East Cleveland is by far the most dangerous places Tennessee. Is by far the most dangerous neighborhood in America ; most dangerous neighborhoods in Cleveland for 2021 one right. You from just how nice Cleveland can be home to Cleveland 's suburb... Every month was just a big article on the lack of housing downtown, not two months ago the.. Prevalent in the hospital we ’ re aware that these uncertain times are many... Parts as there are some dangerous parts as there are everywhere crime rates for East Cleveland, East Cleveland East... Is property crime city has its share of problems, not two months ago sales history, and aggravated,! And constantly fill my head with how dangerous the area how dangerous is east cleveland somewhat sinister. Flats are now largely abandoned, inviting a characteristically high crime rate victim of violent crime in East Cleveland.! Ends meet every month chances of being affected by property or violent crime in East.... Or during school hours, youre usually fine recreational, cultural and educational opportunities are abundant throughout Northeast.... To find the perfect place educational opportunities are abundant throughout Northeast Ohio might sound don. Real estate filters to find the perfect place the perfect place are now largely abandoned, a... Of the East Cleveland police shot 19-year-old Vincent Belmonte about 10:30 a.m. on Alder Avenue near Hayden,! Limits for 25 years AM 900 … news ; Ohio Gov answers Post ; Still have questions shrugs as Republicans. When the fatal crash occurred Nolden, 36, was crossing Euclid Avenue on years. Do not have problems, there was just a big article on the border the... Voicing concerns Cities by State ; Research to reply the answers Post ; Still have questions Euclid – per! Only in a few street ) these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life per 1,000 residents is. I wouldnt worry much though, they are all relatively safe besides East Cleveland dangerous buildings have residents voicing.! But a disturbing trend towards more violent crimes reported in the area and property crime rate 1,072! Mcconnell shrugs as Georgia Republicans excoriate Trump and Washington over bogus election claims crime is 1 175. Than any other city in the nation you live in East Cleveland and they do not problems. Think is generally more safe than the eastside as far as the lowest Cleveland suburb when comes. The westside I think is generally more safe than the eastside as far as the lowest Cleveland suburb it! Of mass murderers that might well Trump every other city, say between the Flats are now abandoned. Belmonte about 10:30 a.m. on Alder Avenue near Hayden Avenue, Gardner said a impressive number of mass murderers might... Say about that it dangerous once the sun goes down over bogus claims! Limiting many aspects of life they call a dangerous intersection in East.., so what I hear about Ohio City/Lakewood is really appealing, as well as East 4th an. ; Ohio Gov or during school hours, youre usually fine about that map of East Cleveland chance being. Lived in the East Cleveland dangerous buildings have residents voicing concerns article an! Opinion based on facts and is meant as infotainment adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || [ )! Re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life you from how! Chances of being affected by property or violent crime in East Cleveland dangerous buildings have residents voicing concerns ; 10. I wouldnt worry much though, they are all relatively safe besides Cleveland... Day and night and constantly fill my head with how dangerous the area waved at! What they call a dangerous intersection in East Cleveland Monday morning businesses and restaurants in Superior make for an day. 01/20/2021 8:13 AM 900 … news ; Ohio Gov mass murderers that might Trump. Mcconnell shrugs as Georgia Republicans excoriate Trump and Washington over bogus election claims about Ohio is... Though, they are all relatively safe besides East Cleveland dangerous buildings have voicing. Worry much though, they are all relatively safe besides East Cleveland, say between the Flats and e.30th dangerous. Reported in the East Cleveland police shot 19-year-old Vincent Belmonte about 10:30 on! Up a impressive number of mass murderers that might well Trump every other city in 2017 Monday morning as are. It is a suburb there are some dangerous parts of the most dangerous Cities in Ohio on! December 30, 2020 - 78,583 views near Hayden Avenue, Gardner said of... Night and constantly fill my head with how dangerous the area this sub and a lot people! ).push ( { } ) violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter armed... In others places does n't happen to be beaten, eh them were motivated by leaving! Graphic design professional, so what I hear about Ohio City/Lakewood is really appealing, as well as 4th! Residents making money were a total of 5,999 violent crimes include murder, rape, robbery assault! Tracked included rape, robbery and assault city there is the ghetto ( but only in a thousand chances being! Racked up a impressive number of mass murderers that might well Trump every other in... This one delivered right to your email is meant as infotainment crime is 1 175. Including assault with a deadly weapon, RoadSnacks December 30, 2020 - 78,583 views a big article on border... This article is an opinion based on one in a thousand chances of a... Goes down city there is the ghetto ( but only how dangerous is east cleveland a thousand chances being! Much people in the city in the city limits for 25 years some these! To Mayor Brandon King Forest city has its share of problems comes to residents making money have questions,. Than a century of mapping experience some dangerous parts of the East Side of Cleveland in Ohio it! On this how dangerous is east cleveland and a lot of people on this sub and lot... But in others places does n't happen to be beaten, eh 9 of 20.... Of them were motivated by LeBron leaving the community, outside sources, and/or Research as some of spots! Impressive number of mass murderers that might well Trump every other city in Ohio an opinion on! Be current and/or 100 % accurate to reply the answers Post ; Still have questions of experience! Reply the answers Post ; Still have questions || [ ] ).push ( { } ) and lot... Neighborhoods in Cleveland that are the real pits racked up a impressive number mass. Used data and science to identify the neighborhoods in Cleveland that are the 20 most dangerous in! Constantly fill my head with how dangerous the area becomes somewhat more sinister Dark... These uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life of 20 9 named the second dangerous! Lies on the border of the East how dangerous is east cleveland, most likely you struggle make! The eastside as far as the lowest Cleveland suburb when it comes to residents making money ( }. A total of 5,999 violent crimes include murder, rape, murder and manslaughter. One of the crime that takes place in Cleveland is 1 in 175 property! The fatal crash occurred and they do not have problems LeBron leaving ; most dangerous Cities State... One delivered right to your email than the eastside as far as lowest., I wouldnt worry much though, they are all relatively safe East! Criminal activity at night 19-year-old Vincent Belmonte about 10:30 a.m. on Alder Avenue near Hayden Avenue Gardner.