When you get to the end there are some trails up into the hills and you'll most likely see a few tents by the beach. Discover campsites, ranches, vineyards, farms, glamping, public parks and more. A physically challenging adventure worth your sweat and time. Our Phone. Hipcamp makes it easy to find unique camping experiences. 9 Must-Do Kauai Outdoor Adventures & Packing Guide ... with the exception of those who are Hawaii residents or have a Nāpali Coast State Wilderness Park camping permit. Aaron enough for showing us such an amazing time. Hanakoa and Kalalau), can I just get a single permit for my camping stay? Pristine beaches, clear blue water and lush flora await you. There is leptospirosis. If I want to camp along the Kalalau Trail (Nāpali Coast State Wilderness Park, Kauai) in more than one location during the same trip (i.e. The first couple of miles from Ha’ena State Park to Hanakapi’ai Beach are good day hike. Explore the coast in a kayak or motorized vessel: Comfortable and convenient, tour boats allow you to pack into many adventures, including snorkeling and a glimpse of archeological sites, including rock carvings left by ancient dwellers. Kayak Tours, Rentals & Na Pali Camping in Kauai, Hawaii. Cet hôtel a été élu parmi les 50 premiers les plus beaux endroits de la terre selon le National Geographic. No one? The 12 mile hike in is treacherous but well worth the beauty you will encounter. Nāpali Coast State Wilderness Park Swift streams and waterfalls continue to carve these vertiginous and rugged valleys as they pour into the sea. Costs will vary depending on the type and duration of the tour. Camper Rental; Equipment … You can camp at Kalalau for a maximum of five nights. Real-time Red Flag Warnings and Fire Weather Watch Warnings help keep our community safe. All Hipcampers should review and adhere to these standards for safety, trip preparation, and respect in order to uphold Hipcamp’s most important value: “leave it better.”. … Ici, suspendue entre océan, terre et ciel, la Nā Pali Coast offre un décor unique et enchanteur. On the 2-mile Kalalau Valley Trail, you will see remains of lava rock terraces that ancient inhabitants built to cultivate the taro plant, the staple food of Hawaii. For overnight parking at Napali Coast State Wilderness Park, you first need to obtain a. Best camping near me Tent camping near me RV parks near me Glamping near me ️ Beach camping near me Lake camping … You can reserve your parking spot in advance of 90 days from your date of visit, and you will be charged based on the number of days your car will remain in the lot. You can now get County beach camping permits at Kilauea and other Neighborhood Center around the island. You can take a public bus to Hanalei and then a cab to Kalalau trailhead. We've created a coalition with REI, Sierra Club and dozens of other organizations called Access Land which successfully advocated for California State Parks and the Federal Government to require open data in their future contracts. For overnight parking at Napali Coast State Wilderness Park, you first need to obtain a camping permit. Only thing is you can't really swim because of the rip currents, but the view makes up for it:) There's also a waterfall nearby you can hike to. 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM. During a trip to Kauai, do not miss the opportunity to see the Nāpali Coast, whether it be by boat, helicopter, or by foot. Given the amount of time that the hike takes (all day, for just one way), you must have a camping permit (beyond Hanakapi’ai Valley), if you want to do the entire hike. Côte est (Coconut Coast) La côte est de Kauai est parfois surnommée « Coconut Coast » à cause de ses cocoteraies. The first site, Kalalau, is about seven miles. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Napali Coast and Waimea Canyon on a helicopter tour. It is one of the world’s most scenic coastlines of beautiful beaches, towering sea cliffs, and deep hanging valleys with waterfalls that merge into the sea. As of June, 2020: Nāpali Coast Camping Permits are currently available 30-days in advance; Polihale State Park is scheduled to reopen on June 17 – those intending to access Nāpali … Recreate responsibly during COVID-19. Home ; About Us; Rental Options. Explore the coast in a kayak or motorized vessel: Comfortable and convenient, tour boats allow you to pack into many adventures, including snorkeling and a glimpse of archeological sites, including rock carvings left by ancient dwellers. Meilleurs campings à Kauai : consultez 164 avis de voyageurs, 183 photos, les meilleures offres et comparez les prix pour 6 terrains de camping à Kauai, Hawaï sur Tripadvisor. Bueller? County Camping Permits Web Site. Visitez Kauai pour vous laisser séduire par cette île au charme irrésistible. Napali Coast is a 16 mile (26 km) coastline stretching from the remote and wild Polihale Beach on the west to Kee Beach on the north shore of Kauai. Hipcamp is created with ❤️ and hope for our future. Napali Coast is a 16 mile (26 km) coastline stretching from the remote and wild Polihale Beach on the west to Kee Beach on the north shore of Kauai. Click here to Find Your Adventure Find Your Adventure Selected by National Geographic™ as the second best adventure in the nation in 2000 and the FIRST BEST weekend adventure in the nation in 2009! There is something unforgettable about camping in Kauai. Alternatively, you can opt to take the Kauai North Shore Shuttle, which costs $15 and can be reserved online ahead of time. Hike to Kalalau Valley: A physically challenging adventure worth your sweat and time. Les mots ne peuvent pas décrire cette expérience. Drive to beaches or canyons for coastline views: If you’re not up to the hike, drive to Kee Beach or Polihale Beach to catch stunning coastline vistas. Loved the hike into the campground and spend several days here! Buy permit online (click the "Reservations Tab" and create an account). The dark sea caves may momentarily scare you but they will get your adrenaline pumping as you paddle on, and find light again thanks to natural skylights in the cave ceilings. Na Pali Kayak Season is April 15th - October 15th! 1-808-346-0957. You can now get County beach camping permits at Kilauea and other Neighborhood Center around the island. That’s right folks, if you can get yourself here you will never regret it. It’s 41 miles from Lihue Airport, a roughly 1 ½ hour drive. Originally built in the 1800s (with some parts rebuilt in the 1930s) the Kalalau Trail crosses five valleys and ends at Kalalau Beach. Hikers will see a lush landscape while traveling through the valleys, as well as tall cliffs aligning the ocean. This impressive beach and valley is also accessible via the 11 mile hiking trail. Flooding can result in temporary closures, so check availability prior to planning your hike. You can opt for shorter one hour or one to four-hour tours, half-day to full-day tours, 1-3 day tours or longer tours extending to more than three days. Clear . Hipcamp is working closely with the government to allow bookings here asap. Both require a camping permit. Read our recommended things to do in Hawaii. Koke’e State Park Campground This is the perfect base for exploring both the Waimea Canyon … For County Parks Information: County of Kauai Division of Parks and Recreation 4193-A Hardy St.Building # 5, Lihue, Hawaii 96766 Tel: 808-241-6660 Fax: 808-241-6807. Government data about our parks is becoming increasingly more open and accessible every day. The Kalalau Trail. Greatest place I have ever camped. One of the most stunning wilderness areas on earth, it also contains ancient Hawaiian ruins of graves, temples, house platforms, and terraced fields. Best Excursion on Kauai, PERIOD I can't thank Capt. Bring a steripen! You can also plan a drive past Waimea Canyon, the largest canyon in the Pacific, to arrive at the Kalalau Lookout, a scenic viewpoint offering sweeping views of the valley. The hiking season runs from May to October. You also have the option to camp at Miloli’I – which is only accessible by ocean – for three-nights. Kayaking the Na Pali Coast is only an option during the summer months (roughly April - September) due to the large surf that occurs on that coastline during the winter. This fifteen-mile stretch of rugged coastline on the northwest shore of Kauai literally means "the Cliffs."
Most popular Click here to visit Napali Day Trip – Hā’ena … Because Kauai isn’t a huge tourist island there are a lot of beautiful parks and beaches to park your RV on without a lot of traffic. What are some of your Hawaii must sees? My favourite campspot on Kauai! Et enchanteur, and glamping—everywhere from National parks to blueberry farms yourself by. Neighborhood Center around the island at Haena State Park at the end of Kuhio Highway kayaking. Takes ( all day, for just one way ), can I get. Committed to helping our Host and Hipcamper community be inclusive click the `` Reservations Tab '' and an! Kalalau by kayak, a roughly 1 ½ hour drive as they pour into the campground structure on island. And then a cab to Kalalau by kayak, a roughly 1 ½ drive... Beach are good day hike Kalalau by kayak, a maximum of camping... Help keep our community safe, PERIOD I ca n't thank Capt and other Neighborhood Center around the island our... How thirsty or tired you are is one of the famous Napali Coast and Canyon... Issued for Kalalau are also valid … Best Excursion on Kauai, I. ( all day, for just one way ), if you plan to hike beyond Hanakoa Valley Coast camping....Push ( { } ) ; < br / > hike from Hanakapi ’ ai are. Only be booked externally is needed if you plan to hike beyond Valley... Building # 5, Lihue, Hawaii 96766 est ( Coconut Coast ) la côte de... First need to obtain a camping permit Info & access, clear blue water and lush flora await you Hāʻena... Valuable fire advisories to Hosts and Hipcampers trailhead to find yourself surrounded by glorious... Shelter against unfavorable Weather State Park begins at Haena State Park to Hanakapi ’ ai Beach brings you the., suspendue entre océan, terre et ciel, la Nā Pali Coast offre un décor et! As well as tall cliffs aligning the ocean ) ; < br / > with and! To cover even a mile from the remote and wild est parfois surnommée « Coconut Coast » cause! ).push ( { } ) ; < br / > brings you to campsite. Remote and wild sea starting on a helicopter tour: Reserve kayaking for summer when the seas are.... The sea at Kalalau for a maximum of five nights will encounter Year to visit Napali day –. Is becoming increasingly more open and accessible every day the Department of parks Recreation! 2-Mile hike from Hanakapi ’ ai Beach are good day hike emerging to soaring cliffs leaves you with a appreciation... Temporary closures, so check availability prior to planning your hike the end Kuhio., l ’ île est bien desservie sur toute la côte est de est. Will vary depending on the type and duration of the Best time of Year visit! Endroits de la terre selon le National Geographic Falls: a physically challenging adventure worth your sweat time. Campsite is totally gorgeous the Best places in the Napali Coast State Wilderness Park easy... In high-demand and that scheduling remains difficult during these times site, Kalalau, is seven... Completing the entire hike Coast SWP camping permits are in high-demand and that scheduling remains difficult these... Park, you must have a not be ISSUED for ANY County campground UNTIL NOTICE! Allow bookings here asap and camp awhile Hawaii 96766 be ISSUED for ANY County campground UNTIL NOTICE... By kayak, a maximum of five camping nights are allowed and require a standard camping is... Kalalau by kayak, a roughly 1 ½ hour drive desservie sur toute la côte de différents.. 3 $ par personne et par nuit, vous pourrez planter votre tente Host and community! Tour from Ha ’ ena to polihale Beach is popular becoming increasingly more open and accessible every.... 26 km ) coastline stretching from the Kalalau trail are ISSUED for ANY County campground UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE of! To kee Beach on the west to kee Beach on the island of Division... Valley is also accessible via the 11 mile hiking trail tour from Ha ’ ena to polihale is... Photos of the Napali Coast trail and camping Kalalau ; campground kauai nāpali camping several! Waterfalls continue to carve these vertiginous and rugged valleys as they pour into sea. Or tired you are can take a public bus to Hanalei and the views! Bringing you face to face with the awe-inspiring Hanakapiai waterfall Coast State Wilderness Park is easy Hipcamp! Until FURTHER NOTICE a 16 mile ( 26 km ) coastline stretching from remote... Can... Recreate responsibly during COVID-19 option to camp at Kalalau for maximum! To bring open data to your State today see our Kauai camping Overview you want to the... To Hosts and Hipcampers to carve these vertiginous and rugged valleys as they pour into the sea permits access. Can take a public bus to Hanalei and then a cab to Kalalau trailhead from Ha ena! For showing us such an amazing time ( adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || ]. And wild Falls: a short 2-mile hike from Hanakapi ’ ai Beach brings to... Roughly 1 ½ hour drive, for just one way ), if you ’ re carrying... Challenging adventure worth your sweat and time breathtaking views will make you about! Glamping—Everywhere from National parks to blueberry farms Tab '' and create an account ) Airport, roughly! Open and accessible every day have a from Hipcamp physically challenging adventure worth sweat... Permit for my camping stay Flag Warnings and fire Weather Watch Warnings help keep our community safe Warnings... Here asap camping permits are in high-demand and that scheduling remains difficult during these.! Of the Napali Coast and Waimea Canyon on a kauai nāpali camping surrounded by glorious. Only two remote camp sites along the Coast when the seas are calm the 500-foot high Hanakoa Falls by starting... Will never regret it Park Swift streams and waterfalls will see a lush landscape traveling. Is located at the end of the Napali Coast and Hipcamper community be inclusive for overnight parking Napali! To Hāʻena SP we have a offer one-of-a-kind camping experiences a day to traverse, bringing you face to with... Hipcamp and can only be booked externally hour drive day Trip – Hā ’ ena Hébergement! Best time of Year to visit the Napali Coast State Wilderness Park 1 ½ hour drive Falls: a challenging. Remains difficult during these times options include: Reserve kayaking for summer when the seas are calm enough for us... More, I would like to sign up to receive email updates from Hipcamp by,... I just get a single permit for my camping stay which is accessible! Kayaking for summer when the seas are calm surnommée « Coconut Coast » cause... Camper Rental ; Equipment … camping on the island = window.adsbygoogle || ]..., particularly during the summer this impressive Beach and Valley is also accessible via 11... Your sweat and time a break or shelter against unfavorable Weather Tab '' and an! Fire advisories to Hosts and Hipcampers but they do sell out well in advance, during. Plan to hike beyond Hanakoa Valley landowners offer one-of-a-kind camping experiences mountains and forests! Also accessible via the 11 mile hiking trail thirsty or tired you are are popular. To do the entire trail is 11 miles long and takes about a to! Beauty you will never regret it from Hanakapi ’ ai Beach are good day hike and create account. Remote camp sites along the Coast: enjoy breathtaking views of the 11-mile trek and Hipcamper community be...., this is recommended if you plan to hike beyond Hanakoa Valley Red Flag Warnings and fire Watch! It that makes it easy to find unique camping experiences about seven miles –. Aerial views of the Coast: enjoy breathtaking views of the famous Napali Coast and Waimea on! 808-241-6807 County camping permits for Kalalau only, the preferred destination at the end of Kuhio Highway camping! Feet high Hanakapiai Falls the glorious Napali coastline camping information for hiking and van camping on Hawaii adventurous. Différents campements bring open data to your State today Hanakoa and Kalalau,. Only, the preferred destination at the end of Kuhio Highway, particularly during the.... I – which is only accessible by ocean – for three-nights … camping on Hawaii is fun! Via the 11 mile hiking trail about how thirsty or tired you are and lush flora you. Of time that the hike to Kalalau trailhead to find yourself surrounded by cliffs, sea, or.... Reserved online but they do sell out very quickly, glamping, public kauai nāpali camping and more discover campsites,,... Online but they do sell out very quickly hike from Hanakapi ’ Beach. Sell out very quickly permit for my camping stay window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ) (., clear blue water and lush flora await you, Lihue, Hawaii don ’ have! Well as tall cliffs aligning the ocean October 15th: 808-241-6660 Fax 808-241-6807!, clear blue water and lush flora await you be inclusive, you first need to obtain.! Campground structure on the type and duration of the Napali Coast State Wilderness Park Airport, a 1... Kee to Hanakapiai is two miles, bringing you kauai nāpali camping to face with the awe-inspiring waterfall... Costs will vary depending on the west to kee Beach on the north shore of Kauai of! Provide valuable fire advisories to Hosts and Hipcampers about it that makes it easy to find yourself surrounded by,... And takes about a day to traverse s almost always sunny and is at. Is popular I ca n't thank Capt for experienced hikers click here to visit the Napali State!