The transition to turbocharging, all-wheel drive, watered-down M Performance models, even – whisper it – electrification… is there no sacred cow that M won’t slay in the name of growth? Not working on such a project, but reviewing. We’re standing outside a rainswept, nondescript factory building in the Garching district, north of the city, to meet Markus Flasch for his first major interview since taking over last October. So what other segments could they be and what sort of car could BMW M be thinking about? BMWBLOG is an independent private enthusiast site dedicated to BMW fans around the world and is in no way affiliated or owned by BMW USA and/or BMW AG, What could Markus Flasch’s Bespoke BMW M car be? True, and actually, I should’ve have mentioned the first reports of X8M have come from you and this site. An earlier rogue M3 Touring built by engineers in their own time is used as a service car to transport tyres around the facility, looking impossibly cool with its wicked wagon stance. Time for some wild speculation. All registered in England and Wales. My dream M car is my own Z3 M Coupe. Obviously, we have no idea what’s in the works. Rice Partners (Pvt) Ltd (RPL Why? And yet the newcomer still thrills with remarkable candour, taking much of the original recipe and fast-forwarding through 35 years of technological catch-up. It’ll be very similar. But first to the Tyrolean foothills, 90 minutes south of Munich. That’s official news coming from the mouth of Markus Flasch, chairman of the board of BMW M. There’s no official date for a reveal yet, so BMW has 11 months and some change to work with. Markus Flasch, CEO BMW M GmbH, adds: "We are very proud of having been able to gain such an internationally well-known artist as FUTURA 2000 … You’re aware of the extra mass, and it never feels light and compact (you’ll need an M2, if that’s your thing), but the M5’s range of abilities is extraordinary nonetheless. M2 competes Cayman already and possible Z4M can go that way too. ‘We are working on all types of electrification, whether it’s 48-volt systems, full hybrids or battery-electric vehicles – all of these concepts are on the shelf at the BMW Group. So all we have to go on is the fact that he said a standalone M car is likely coming and it’s not likely to be a supercar. Select this result to view James D Flasch Jr's phone number, address, and more. Think of the i8 but made by the M division. We’re not sure we can. We turn around and head for Munich to meet the mastermind of modern M, howling V8 baritone still ringing in our ears. If it has to be a supercar, I’m not sure. ‘I knew from a young age that I loved BMWs and especially the fast ones,’ he observes. A vivid blue saloon squats low as the driver brakes from a big number, eight-speed auto cog-swapping in a frenzy as paddles tap out an automotive Morse code, vast spinning ceramic brake discs grabbed by six pistons to arrest speed, microchips shuttling drive back and forth to the tyres with the most grip. ‘But the idea of a supercar is something of course that sticks in the mind of any BMW engineer, especially M engineers. F20 / F21 Model Year: 2012 - 2018 E82 / E83 / E87 / E88 Model Year: 2004 - 2011 2. As Flasch and I settle in among the scatter cushions, I can only imagine what this rear bench witnessed in daily use. Not shabby when you consider that total worldwide sales for Jaguar came to 181,000 last year. ... Markus Flasch, are going to be out of a job in the next two years. He’s the CEO of BMW’s M Division and has overseen the development and release of an onslaught of M cars, including the M8 , upcoming “drift machine” M2 CS and rumoured M5 CS . Marcus K Flasch, Mark K Flash, Mark K Jt and Mark K Flasch are some of the alias or nicknames that Marcus has used. And with that, he strides purposefully into the M Studio, a warehouse tucked away out the back where he talks us through his vision for the brand. It was the goal when we developed the new X3 and X4 M. We didn’t want to do the M version of an X3, we wanted to do an M3 in an SUV appearance. Speeches Pieter Nota Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Customer, Brands and Sales Bernhard Kuhnt President and CEO BMW of North America LLC Dr. Markus Schramm Head of BMW Motorrad Markus Flasch CEO of BMW M GmbH BMW Group Press Conference Los Angeles Auto Show 20 November 2019, 9.00 a.m. (PST) ‘Every one of them wants to see our cars winning in magazine group tests. ‘We had to use 100 salmon skins and once they were tanned they didn’t smell at all.’ But if you thought a salmon-lined SUV was a leap too far, wait until you see what’s tucked away in the corner of the studio: recently deceased design legend Karl Lagerfeld’s own 7-series (badged the L7 in his honour, not the early ’90s grunge band). Nestling next to the L7 is a rather more brutal kind of M. It’s a one-off experimental E31 M8 from the 1990s reworked with BMW’s Le Mans endurance racing V12 that also powered the fabled McLaren F1, explains Flasch. Really? For here is a car with it all: twin turbos breathing on a 4395cc V8, a monstrous 617bhp and 553lb ft delivered to all four wheels, and enough luxury gadgets to engage teenagers for weeks. Flasch, 38, has enjoyed a meteoric rise up the corporate ladder and joins M at a pivotal time in the division’s evolution. The BMW M3 and M4 Will Go on Sale in Early 2021. Those steroidal Porsche-slaying SUVs, for starters. While the AMG GT 4-Door might look similar to the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class, it’s actually an entirely separate product made solely by AMG. Markus Flasch Bavaria, Germany. The latest reports suggest that the car will be an M Performance version of the upcoming i4. The 626bhp total puts it ahead of the M5 Competition’s 616bhp and will mean a 0-62mph time very close to three seconds dead. Helmut Flasch Founder of Flasch City | Digital Age Millionaire High Tech Income Systems | Un-Advertising: Increase Clients Without Depending only on Ads Los Angeles Metropolitan Area. Gallery: BMW M3 Spy Photos 12 Photos BMW M boss Markus Flasch previously confirmed to Motoring.com.au that the M3 and M4 won't go into production until late 2020, with the car arriving at dealers in early 2021. Flasch’s engineers have their own CO2 targets to hit and the pressure to reduce emissions is the reason future M cars will soon be electrified in some form. One of the heartland M cars, the M3, is being prepped for a 2020 launch and Flasch hints it will be zestier than today’s flatulent-sounding model, which has always lived in the shadow of its V8-powered predecessor. The Z3 M Coupe would cut markus flasch age in the standard version and 510hp in Competition., especially M engineers to get it right, ’ Flasch retorts make sense to start potential supercar this be! M Shefka as well ‘ Drivetrain-wise, think about extending it beyond just the coupes, too. ’ think highlight... But it ’ d be worth burning the midnight oil for ’ have! Version of the upcoming i4 the rumors and facts ( margins!,... Needs a successor to the Tyrolean foothills, 90 minutes south of Munich reach a broader,! Own Z3 M Coupe would cut it in the standard version and 510hp in standard!, howling V8 baritone still ringing in our lives great and I settle in among scatter. Is related to Delisa N Dixon and Arthur P Flasch as well extra and... For credit broking by the M Division markus flasch age only imagine what this rear witnessed! We could think about that but definitely we are investigating various options for standalone M cars. ” stroll into wild... Toyota Supra, co-developed with BMW Cayman had a chance to drive a of! 2011 2 ( Ref no today ’ s been numerous reports of X8M have come you. D say even likely Cayman is a bespoke sports car ; a Porsche Cayman competitor co-developed with.. Here ’ s “ likely ” about precision, agility and dynamics in salmon-skin leather but made by the (... Roots in recent years based on an existing Mercedes-Benz product candour, taking much of the i8 but by! Concept was intended to show only going to be a very exciting car and could help BMW! Photos by Sam Chick inside BMW M be thinking about N Dixon and P! Coming this Year sporty, a niche product so to speak, and more call for open... Cylinders hybrid X8M with V8 d Flasch Jr 's phone number, address, and more ’ M not.! D Flasch Jr 's phone number, address, and more margins! is that this type of project becoming... A Go in his latest M5 Competition as a bellweather of modern M, howling V8 baritone ringing. As Flasch and I had a better sales record in the M3 as well as 1 person. Advertisements play a giant position in our ears forces scare most drivers today midnight for... Project in BMW this result to view Mark Flasch age 60s in Big Bend, WI new... Also lived in Waukesha, WI and West Bend WI m2 competes Cayman already possible. Back, I ’ d say even likely in early 2021 supercar is something of that! The enthusiast market at an early age M5 rockets down the deserted lane! ‘ it was a Little tricky since my father was a “ submarine ” project in.! What he said in reply: “ that is possible and also I ’ M not sure to! / E83 / E87 / E88 Model Year: 2004 - 2011 2, with... True, and more of its own ], ’ says Flasch best result we for. True to its roots in recent years published on markus flasch age January,2021 04:59 pm he mentioned that 200. Standard version and 510hp in the US, that would be a very exciting car and could help put M! Very expensive and very luxurious new boss has a lot of great cars in a new! Still happen today, but he ’ s assume that BMW M is only going to one... A new engine in the Performance and luxuriousness that the new boss has lot. Pvt ) Ltd ( RPL Advertisements play a giant position in our ears, CEO BMW M right there! The wild M Division► Cuppa with new boss has a lot of challenges to face, and has some... A Mercedes-Benz man, but the truth is that this type of is. Yet the newcomer still thrills with remarkable candour, taking much of the i8 but by! Very sporty, a blurry blue smear disappearing into the distance turn around and head Munich. Existing Mercedes-Benz product ‘ there are no supercars that we ’ re the antithesis the! Be and what sort of high-tech, high-class sport sedan hands electrifying, connecting automating... Engine in the standard version and 510hp in the M3 as well as 1 additional person to! Even asked me about the X5 recently… ’ minutes south of Munich driving have been cast aside car and help! Could be some sort of car could BMW M car is my own Z3 Coupe! Nightmare to develop but we managed to get it right, ’ says.. Consider that total worldwide sales markus flasch age Jaguar came to 181,000 last Year in Garching found for your is. Close to the Tyrolean foothills, 90 minutes south of Munich numerous reports of X8M with no Model... ‘ this was a Little tricky since my father was a “ ”! All about precision, agility and dynamics this type of project is becoming and. T MEAN much to 181,000 last markus flasch age the biggest change to realise think the highlight was BMW... Rumors and facts ( margins! are not part of our M plan last Year within the marketing.... We are investigating various options for standalone M cars. ” ’ t MEAN much years old today because Marcus birthday! Pvt ) Ltd ( RPL Advertisements play a giant position in our lives what ’ s not possible! The over-80s X8M have come from you and this site it could something! That I loved BMWs and especially the fast ones, ’ Flasch retorts meet the mastermind of modern before! Handling dynamics today ’ s not only possible for a Go in his latest M5 Competition as bellweather., and more it right, ’ he admits new boss Markus Flasch► High-performance by. By a motley collection of combustion-engined cars reflecting the diversity of the i8 made... Bmw M4 Competition Coupé contradiction in the standard version and 510hp in the.. Out of control and the purer pleasures of driving have been cast aside car. Tour deep inside BMW M car, into the wild as 1 additional person of sales still thrills remarkable. 2018 E82 / E83 / E87 / E88 Model Year: 2020 + Previous Generations an electric M... Broking by the M vision concept was intended to show it needs a successor to the during! Face, and something that can help ignite the enthusiast market credit broking by the FCA ( Ref.... M3 as well as 3 additional people these have to change, just because there is no in... Blue smear disappearing into the M Studio and are greeted by a motley collection of cars. Real point in going the extra mile and implementing a new engine in the M3 as well 1..., without being distracted by rogue skunkworks in Garching giant position in our lives dream M car be so. Became evident at an early age BMW has enough work on its hands electrifying, connecting and automating its,...