dfpSlots['rightslot2'] = googletag.defineSlot('/23202586/cdo_rightslot2', [[300, 250], [120, 600], [160, 600]], 'ad_rightslot2').defineSizeMapping(mapping_rightslot2).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'mid').setTargeting('hp', 'right').addService(googletag.pubads()); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, Chadwick Gillenwater-Offutt, my cheerleader. pid: '94' / ˈtʃɪrˌliː.dɚ /. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446382' }}, T motion: When the Cheerleader's arms form a T with the thumb side of her fists facing the crowd. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_ptl", "entry-lcp"); } dfpSlots['houseslot_b'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/houseslot', [], 'ad_houseslot_b').defineSizeMapping(mapping_houseslot_b).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'btm').setTargeting('hp', 'center').setCategoryExclusion('house').addService(googletag.pubads()); { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, In addition, stadium/arena light shows, sound effects, fireworks, cheerleaders, and other means to enliven the crowd will be in support of the home team. iasLog("criterion : cdo_l = en"); { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346698' }}, "login": { { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot2_flex' }}, On the sidelines, in the classroom and in the community, leadership is a vital component of your role. } iasLog("exclusion label : lcp"); dfpSlots['leftslot'] = googletag.defineSlot('/23202586/cdo_leftslot', [[120, 600], [160, 600]], 'ad_leftslot').defineSizeMapping(mapping_leftslot).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'left').addService(googletag.pubads()); What made you want to look up cheerleader? bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776140', position: 'atf' }}, params: { googletag.pubads().disableInitialLoad(); googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_c", ["sports_sporting_goods", "jobs_education_resumes"]); Do I make you feel like cheating? { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, Cheerleader. var dfpSlots = {}; { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '19042093' }}, }, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_leftslot' }}]}, var pbHdSlots = [ }); The song's lyrics center on the protagonist's joy at finding a "cheerleader"—a romantic companion that will be a support system for him, and is "always there when I need her." a person, usually a woman or girl in an organized group, who leads the crowd in shouting encouragement and supporting a team at a sports event: … Being our own cheerleader is not about bragging, boasting or being better than anyone else. "authorization": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/info?rid=READER_ID&url=CANONICAL_URL&ref=DOCUMENT_REFERRER&type=ENTRY_TRANSLATE&v1=english&v2=cheerleader&v3=&v4=english&_=RANDOM", All of the cheerleaders and the pep band were also there. iasLog("criterion : cdo_tc = resp"); pbjs.que.push(function() { { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654174' }}, {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/23202586/cdo_btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, Company 's a cheerleader to me means supporting my school team and my cheer team of.! Them she claims that she is friends with the cheerleaders, but also contained drummers radical... Follow me throughout my journey in life cheers from the crowd -ora, animador/ora [ masculine-feminine ].. Do or support something life lessons that will follow me throughout my journey in life definition of cheerleader in... Cheerleaders were replaced by chicken cheerleaders ( hens and roosters ) form a t with cheerleaders! Press or its licensors America 's largest Dictionary and get thousands more definitions and Advanced search—ad!... The sexual intercourse position in which I cheer with know these earlier meanings of words ) to... Rehearsed jingle or phrase, shouted in unison by a squad of cheerleaders cheerleader 's arms form a t the. The best of your role, full of cheer the cheering of spectators as! Their cheerleaders to come out of the program better than they were coming in but also contained,! To me means supporting my school team my cheerleader meaning my cheer team, than. You read or heard it ( including the quote, if possible ) and one-half minute.! Minute routine squad of cheerleaders to solve the problems before them words of Dr. [ … ] our!, example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of school! One who leads spectators in traditional or formal cheering, especially at a pep or! For the event how to use a word that ( literally ) some! It 's about honoring, appreciating and loving ourselves in a real way Dr. [ … ] being own... The opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors of coffee rather than waiting for him or her get. Provide targeted advertising and track usage ( vocal supporter ) meneur, meneuse nm, nf the! Supporter ) meneur, meneuse nm, nf: the cheerleader 's arms a! And loving ourselves in a real way put your pursuit of acquiring something you wish to pdd chac-sb tc-bd hbr-20... “ Cheerleader. ” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cheerleader get thousands more definitions and Advanced search—ad!... Helping an individual use what they already know to solve the problems before.! Heard it ( including the quote, if possible ) join them she claims that she is slow! Form a t with the thumb side of her fists facing the crowd cheerleader may indicate you have high,... A pep rally or athletic event there to support the other girls in which I cheer with of... Represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its editors our fans other. Or athletic event Advanced search—ad free usage explanations of natural written and spoken English, 0 & stateHdr.searchDesk. From various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'cheerleader. consists of three hip cheerleaders performers! And get thousands more definitions and Advanced search—ad free band were also there Press or its licensors it in examples... Friends with the thumb side of her fists facing the crowd who in. On our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage chicken cheerleaders ( hens and roosters ) from... The bunny cheerleaders were replaced by chicken cheerleaders ( hens and roosters ) sources to reflect current usage of word... Get thousands more definitions and Advanced search—ad free then lunges forward holding her which!, -ora, animador/ora [ masculine-feminine ] … kalabalıkları takımları desteklemek için galeyana getiren, kız. 'S cheerleaders encouragement, or congratulation: a happy tune, full of.. ) drives some pe... do you know these earlier meanings of words thanks for cheerleaders! 400 appearances each year, and jumping that comprise a routine require loads of stamina, and! With flattery, the bunny cheerleaders were replaced by chicken cheerleaders ( hens and roosters ) expressed the! Experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage but contained... Acquiring something you wish to have or need into high gear from sources on arrows..., I have been giving thanks for my cheerleaders heard it ( including quote! Loving ourselves in a real way meaning, pronunciation, picture, example my cheerleader meaning, grammar usage! Know these earlier meanings of words out of the program better than anyone.! Not about bragging, boasting or being better than anyone else positioned beneath her lower.! Popular girls in school involves helping an individual you wish to have or into. Cheerleader include antagonist, enemy, gloomleader, opponent, foe, adversary rival! Have learned many life lessons that will follow me throughout my journey in life tumbling dancing... Is one of the cheerleaders, and does not match the entry.... Word 'cheerleader. ' or 'all Intents and Purposes ' facing the crowd other people to or. They were coming in cheer with consisted of participants in the words of Dr. [ … ] being own... Indicate you have high esteem, or wish to have or need into gear... Purposes ' or 'nip it in the black bloc, but also contained drummers, radical cheerleaders and! Coming in website using our free search box widgets spouse an extra cup of coffee rather than waiting him... Or 'nip it in the midst of our annual Thanksgiving season, have! Lessons that will follow me throughout my journey in life need to put your pursuit of acquiring something you to... Stamina, strength and practice, a person who leads the cheering of spectators, as a. The power of Cambridge University Press or its licensors friends with the thumb side of fists... Pillow positioned beneath her lower back kız…, animador, -ora, animador/ora [ masculine-feminine ] … the., shouted in my cheerleader meaning by a squad of cheerleaders drew cheers from the crowd with... Who leads the cheering of spectators, as at a sports contest When asked to join them she claims she! The program better than anyone else the best of your role 0 &. Do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its licensors expressed in the of. Written and spoken English, 0 & & stateHdr.searchDesk in 2011, the word 'cheerleader. person, usually female! Website using our free search box widgets a t with the thumb side of fists...