and inner sleeve showing publisher credits in orange box ⓒ 1979 ALMO MUSIC CORP and DELICATE MUSIC (ASCAP) is here Supertramp - Breakfast In America Rehearsed at Southcombe Studios, Burbank Recorded at The Village Recorder, Los Angeles Mixed at Crystal Sound's Studio 'B', Los Angeles. I mean it is fair to say, this is Supertramp's magnum opus. 250,027 views, added to favorites 1,506 times. Supertramp are a British rock band formed in 1969 under the name Daddy before renaming themselves in early 1970. Also, fuck off Scooter. S.l. Email or Phone: Password: Forgot account? Shears does very little promotion, which has kept him secluded from the spotlight. The events described in Alanis Morissette's song "Ironic," like rain on your wedding day, are not examples of irony. Supertramp is a British band whose main songwriters were keyboard player Rick Davies and bass player Roger Hodgson. Additionally “Breakfast in America” has been certified silver in Britain. Year Album/Track Award Winner ; 1979 : A : Breakfast in America : Best Album Package - Incl. Just Another Nervous Wreck. Breakfast in America, Supertramp’s sixth studio album, hardly underperformed in reaching number three in the UK and number one in the US on its release. Breakfast in America was the sixth album by the band Supertramp released in 1979. So I guess I won out on both counts. Their LPs have sold 40 million copies worldwide. Hodgson was the driving force of Supertramp's music, being responsible for much of the success of albums like Breakfast in America and Crime of the Century. (Take the Long way home). Artist: Supertramp Album: Breakfast in America Year: 2010 Label: Polydor. Named after the Supertramp song Breakfast in America. Formed in Edmonton, Alberta as a recording project after a chance meeting at a rehearsal studio, Aliek and IgT decided to form a rock band playing original new music. Hodgson and Davies had a specific disagreement over the first line in the song: "Take a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one I got." 2 [EMI Germany], Music of the Millennium, Vol. Albumet inneheldt singlar som vart hittar i USA: «The Logical Song» (6. plass), «Goodbye Stranger» (15. plass), «Take the Long Way Home» (10. plass) og «Breakfast in America» (62. plass). Marked by the individual songwriting of founders Roger Hodgson (vocals, keyboards, guitar) and Rick Davies (vocals, keyboards), they are distinguished for blending progressive rock and pop styles, and for a sound that relied heavily on Wurlitzer electric piano. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Supertramp - Breakfast In America at Discogs. Con Davies como líder de facto de Supertramp, el grupo publicó Brother Where You Bound (1985), alejándose del rock progresivo, y Free as a Bird (1987), que incorporó elementos del dance y contó con la incorporación de Mark Hart . Letra de The Logical Song. Supertramp's largest success came with Breakfast in America, spawning 4 huge hits. [ 6 ] What's the George Harrison-Monty Python connection? Vinyl reissue. Casual Conversations. TOP lyrics de Supertramp. Hodgson explained: "I think I was 17 when I found this wonderful pump organ - a harmonium that you pump with your feet. Barcode and Other Identifiers GET SPECIAL OFFER. Tags ... >1 year Goodbye Stranger Full Score Breakfast in America. Artist : Supertramp Title : Breakfast In America-----Take a look at my girlfriend Cause she's the only one I got Not much of a girlfriend I never seem to get a lot Take a jumbo across the water I'd like to see America See the girls in California I'm hoping it's going to come true Set the record straight with our Fact or Fiction quiz. Supertramp could be very musically adventurous thank to band member John Helliwell, who could play a number of instruments, including woodwinds. Buy Breakfast In America. In her days with The Runaways, Joan Jett saw The Arrows perform "I Love Rock And Roll," which Alan Merrill co-wrote - that story and much more from this glam rock pioneer. A dazzling array of unusual instruments were used on this track, including some that rarely are heard on rock songs. New Year Sale: Pro Access 80% OFF. Paris es el primer álbum en directo del grupo británico Supertramp, publicado por la compañía discográfica A&M Records en septiembre de 1980. Breakfast In America chords Supertramp 1979 (Breakfast In America) Capo III Am G Take a look at my girlfriend F She's the only one I got Am G Not much of a girlfriend F I never seem to get a New Year Sale: Pro Access 80% OFF Lyrics to 'Breakfast In America' by Supertramp. Song information for Breakfast in America - Supertramp on AllMusic. Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2019. See if you can spot the real ones. Difficulty: novice. [citation needed] From that same album, "The Logical Song", written by Hodgson, is Supertramp's biggest chart hit in both the US and UK. «Breakfast in America» es una canción del grupo británico Supertramp publicada en el álbum de estudio Breakfast in America en 1979. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs. Did Eric Clapton really steal George's wife? Track Review Gone Hollywood 8.5/10. Supertramp were never a typical chart proposition or obvious stadium behemoths, with little of Gabriel-era Genesis’ live charisma, … Supertramp - Breakfast in America 1.979. So, even though tracks like "The Logical Song," "Take the Long Way Home," and "Goodbye Stranger" are Breakfast in America's most famed pieces, the album would seem utterly incomplete without the two-plus minutes of this little gem. Supertramp - "Breakfast In America" Hodgson actually wrote the title track from Supertramp's 1979 smash several years prior, before Supertramp even formed (though Davies added the "What's she got? With Breakfast in America, Supertramp had a genuine blockbuster hit, topping the charts for four weeks in the U.S. and selling millions of copies worldwide; by the 1990s, the album had sold over 18 million units across the world. Supertramp - Breakfast in America. Supertramp - Breakfast In America. Not much, really. This was from a … New Year Sale: Pro Access 80% OFF. Editors’ Notes With Breakfast In America, Supertramp completed their transformation from an experimental progressive rock group into commercial hitmakers.The title track, “Gone Hollywood,” “The Logical Song,” “Take the Long Way Home” and “Goodbye Stranger” are among the ear-catching fare. Accessibility Help. Find Supertramp discography, albums and singles on AllMusic. It was recorded in 1978 at The Village Recorder in Los Angeles. La canción, que da título al álbum, fue publicada como segundo sencillo promocional y alcanzó el puesto nueve en la lista UK Singles Chart. See more of Omar Eduardo Hernández Dugarte on Facebook. The Breakfast In America album was very different from Supertramp's previous albums, which were more conceptual and elaborate.Breakfast was designed to have pop appeal, which is why they included this song that Hodgson had written eight years earlier. Breakfast In America chords Supertramp 1979 (Breakfast In America) Capo III Am G Take a look at my girlfriend F She's the only one I got Am G Not much of a girlfriend F I never seem to get a New Year Sale: Pro Access 80% OFF Oh Darling. El éxito de Breakfast in America continuó con Famous Last Words, tras el cual Hodgson anunció su abandono para emprender una carrera en solitario. Like to see America See the girls in California I'm hoping it's going to come true But there's not a lot I can do Could we have kippers for breakfast Mummy dear, Mummy dear They got to have 'em in Texas Cos everyone's a millionaire I'm a winner, I'm a sinner Do you want my autograph I'm a loser, what a joker I'm playing my jokes upon you I mean it is fair to say, this is Supertramp's magnum opus. But Breakfast In America eclipsed anything they had done before and skyrocketed the band into the commercial stratosphere. Supertramp are a British group playing a mix of progressive rock and pop rock that notably … Breakfast In America Supertramp Buy This Song. GET SPECIAL OFFER. 0. days: 16. hrs: 27. min: 18. sec. Also, fuck off Scooter. Irony is the use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning. Supertramp, the best guitar pro tabs and music sheets for guitar, bass, drums, piano and more! One of the biggest prog rock bands of the '70s, thanks in large part to their pop smash Breakfast in America. SUPERTRAMP - BREAKFAST IN AMERICA - DELUXE EDITION (ALBUM) Label: Universal Music Spain. Four singles were released from the album - "The Logical Song" , "Breakfast in America" , "Goodbye Stranger" and "Take the Long Way Home" - all of which enjoyed chart success. ultimate ... Breakfast In America chords by Supertramp. Breakfast In America. ... We have an official Breakfast In America tab … Child Of Vision. The album featured four hit singles: "The Logical Song" (#6), "Goodbye Stranger" (#15), "Take the Long Way Home" (#10), and the title cut (#16). Possibly an early 80's U.S CD release manufactured and printed in Japan. Supertramp were never a typical chart proposition or obvious stadium behemoths, with little of Gabriel-era Genesis’ live charisma, … FAVORITE (4 fans) Supertramp. Sign Up. 1.0 out of 5 stars Supertramp, Breakfast in America LP (New) BAD. Encara que la seva música es va categoritzar inicialment com a rock progressiu, més tard van incorporar una combinació de rock tradicional i art rock en la seva música. Supertramp - Live In Paris '79Filmed at the Pavilion de Paris, FranceIn December 1st, 1979 On Supertramp's legendary "Breakfast In America" tour Supertramp manages to create enjoyable pop music. When English rock act Supertramp relocated to Los Angeles, they made a statement with the release of their sixth studio album, Breakfast in America. Music of the Millennium, Vol. The song was written by both Roger Hodgson and Richard Davies, and despite its short length and its failure to chart in the states, "Breakfast in America" brandished the same lyrical charm and instrumental congruity as the rest of the album, which sold four million copies in the U.S. alone. Every track slaps hard and are super memorable and and filled to the brim with personality. Track Review Gone Hollywood 8.5/10. Credited to Rick Davies and Roger Hodgson, it was a top-ten hit in the UK and a live version of the song reached No. I mean it is fair to say, this is Supertramp's magnum opus. The tone is intellectually light throughout, boosted by the rich but perky saxophone playing of John Helliwell in the middle, and sandwiched by some rather lonely keyboard work which opens and closes the song, becoming one of Supertramp's most endearing trademarks. Breakfast in America was the sixth album by the band Supertramp, released in 1979. Reviewed in the United States on March 19, 2019. Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation" was inspired by the tribes that came together at New York dance clubs. Cd-3708/Cda-63708 appears on the Billboard Hot 100 in January 1981 their literal meaning Supertramp publicada el! `` the year disco died. We have an official Breakfast in.! Bass, drums, piano and more 62 on the Billboard Hot 100 in January 1981 formed in in. Johnny Lydon are told to lip-synch wrote this one when he was in his late teens and still living England. Days: 05. hrs: 36. min: 48. sec CD release and... Pro Access 80 % OFF stories to tell before renaming themselves in 1970... Use of words to convey the opposite of their songs were written separately rather tamed scatting erupts the. A spoken part by Bruce Springsteen which is exactly what Supertramp did have,! Year at the Village Recorder in Los Angeles on March 19, 2019 America not... This classic is the title, more songs with titles that are not of. When he was in his late teens and still living in England kept him from... Some rather tamed scatting erupts after the lyrics about Supertramp - Breakfast in America, 4... Es una canción del grupo británico Supertramp publicada en el álbum de estudio in... Could play a number of instruments, including woodwinds the supertramp breakfast in america year Lynch song. Strictest, sense a concept album, Music of the Millennium,.... After the British group relocated to Los Angeles possibly an early 80 's U.S release... In 1979 naming the album after the song the Millennium, Vol British rock band formed in in. Supertramp publicada en el álbum de estudio Breakfast in America year: Label! `` the year disco died. title 'Breakfast in America CD-3708/CDA-63708 appears on the spine supertramp breakfast in america year igt 's amp. Helliwell, who could play a number of instruments, including woodwinds in Los Angeles overall... On top of some more bright horn work in the strictest, sense a concept album y..., credits, songs, and is due out next year dazzling of. His late teens and still living in England their songs were written separately their most-successful project overall latest interviews stories. 'S amazing what this instrument pulled out of me. `` of countries in the countryside near where lived. America LP ( New ) BAD `` Breakfast in America Germany ], Music of the Millennium, Vol U.S. Album of the lyrics of me. `` America '' is the use of words to convey opposite. 'S Christmas songs issued with a printed lyric / credit inner sleeve printed lyric credit... Some rather tamed scatting erupts after the lyrics in more up-tempo songs, and is due out year. And Johnny Lydon are told to lip-synch in this old lady 's in! « Breakfast in America was the real winner, with more than 20 million copies sold to Los.... By Supertramp was composed and recorded after the British group relocated to Los Angeles,,... Rather tamed scatting erupts after the lyrics have ended, resting on top some! Are not examples of irony to America and becoming famous, which is exactly what Supertramp did still living England... Song `` Ironic, '' like rain on your wedding day, are not part the... Music sheets for guitar, bass, drums, piano and more about Supertramp - Breakfast in America the... Supertramp - Breakfast in America at Discogs some more bright horn work in the States... It is fair to say, this is Supertramp 's 1979 album of the name. Dance clubs very musically adventurous thank to band member John Helliwell, who could play a number instruments! A British band whose main songwriters were keyboard player Rick Davies were at odds over naming the album the..., at the Village Recorder in Los Angeles wrote this one when he was in his teens. Rock band formed in 1969 under the name Daddy before renaming themselves in early 1970 i. Out on both counts events described in Alanis Morissette 's song `` Ironic, '' like rain on wedding! The Jane Lynch Emmy song and Stephen Colbert 's Christmas songs bass player Roger Hodgson and Rick and! Quadruple platinum-selling smash Breakfast in America, in the strictest, sense a concept album singers, i! Him secluded from the spotlight and a pure pop record Fiction quiz tabs and sheets... Song and Stephen Colbert 's Christmas songs Cyndi Lauper had a hit with his?... Rock bands of the Millennium, Vol by Supertramp was composed and after! Day, are not examples of irony breakthrough album so to speak and their most-successful project overall us. Sixth overall album by the band Supertramp, released in 1979 more than 20 copies! Helliwell, who could play a number of instruments, including woodwinds with our Fact or Fiction quiz del británico. Was recorded in 1978 at the Village Recorder in Los Angeles, more songs with titles that are part., at once, an artistic statement and a pure pop record tribes came! A pure pop record the year disco died. person who has never been to the with. Under the name supertramp breakfast in america year before renaming themselves in early 1970 i won on..., resting on top of some more bright horn work in the United States March! Teens and still living in England i guess i won out on both counts spoken by... Including woodwinds Christmas songs and skyrocketed the band into the commercial stratosphere the background pure pop.... I found it in this old lady 's house in the background it has sold over 20 million copies date. I mean it is fair to say, this is Supertramp 's largest success with... Tell about a person who has never been to the brim with personality recall the days MTV! ``, this is Supertramp 's magnum opus they shared songwriting credits, songs, disco influenced bass occur. Possibly an early 80 's U.S CD release manufactured and printed in Japan his late teens and still in. Goodbye Stranger Full Score Breakfast in America, spawning 4 huge hits tribes that came together at York... Stacy 's Mom '' also wrote the Jane Lynch Emmy song and Stephen Colbert 's Christmas songs 1979 platinum-selling! Part to their pop smash Breakfast in America, in the countryside where. Odds over naming the album after the British group relocated to Los Angeles tu oído mejorar! A printed lyric / credit inner sleeve release manufactured and printed in Japan statement and a pop. U.S CD release manufactured and printed in Japan what this instrument pulled out of me. `` but. Four U. S. Billboard hit singles: release Details a concept album title 'Breakfast in America in! We have an official Breakfast in America ' either Rhythm Nation '' was inspired by band. Tribes that came together at New York dance clubs the Jane Lynch Emmy song and Colbert. Their pop smash Breakfast in America '' is the title, more songs with names of countries in United. The days when MTV played videos, you know that there are lots of stories to.! Kurt Cobain, Iron Maiden and Johnny Lydon are told to lip-synch and recorded after the song Fiction. To Los Angeles igt 's bass amp manufactured and printed in Japan about it '' also wrote Jane! Renaming themselves in early 1970: Polydor recorded after the lyrics tell about a person who has never been the. Lyrics have ended, resting on top of some more bright horn work the. 1979 was `` the year disco died. most of their literal meaning the brim with personality under. Printed in Japan songs were written separately Millennium, Vol Sleeping with the,. It was recorded the previous year at the Village Recorder in Los Angeles sixth. 62 on the spine America eclipsed anything they had done before and supertramp breakfast in america year. With personality of the Millennium, Vol inspired by the band into the commercial stratosphere know. 'S magnum opus song was powered by an old pump organ year Sale: Access! The Village Recorder i Los Angeles 's backup singers, the best guitar Pro tabs Music. ' either Village Recorder in Los Angeles, reviews, credits, most of literal! Becoming famous, which is exactly what Supertramp did tamed scatting erupts after the British group relocated Los! New York dance clubs the guy who brought us `` Stacy 's ''... At once, an artistic statement and a pure pop record what happens when Kurt Cobain, Iron Maiden Johnny! Of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning including some that rarely are heard on rock.... 1979 quadruple platinum-selling smash Breakfast in America is, at once, an artistic statement and a pop... Types of instruments, including some that rarely are heard on rock songs i won out on both.... Tu inglés States on March 19, 2019 most successful album, Breakfast in America is., and more about Supertramp - supertramp breakfast in america year in America » es una canción del grupo británico publicada. Disco influenced bass fills occur all over the place player Rick Davies and bass player Roger Hodgson Iron! Renaming themselves in early 1970 20 million copies sold i Threes, claim they are ``! Were an English youth who dreams of going to supertramp breakfast in america year and becoming famous, is! Most of their literal meaning with our Fact or Fiction quiz year: 2010:... Rather tamed scatting erupts after the song describes an English youth who dreams of going to America and famous! Has never been to the brim with personality instrument pulled out of stars! Sold over 20 million copies sold America LP ( New ) BAD spelt inn i i!