In total, over 700,000 pounds of food have been given away. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto - Fotolia.com, © Courtesy of Felix Mizioznikov - Fotolia.com, © Courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto - Fotolia.com, © Courtesy of Ruth P. Peterkin - Fotolia.com, © Courtesy of Tommy Lee Walker - Fotolia.com, St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park, 25 Best Romantic Getaways in St. Augustine, 20 Best Things To Do in Miami This Weekend, Romantic weekend getaways in South Dakota, The Ximenez-Fatio House Museum, St. Augustine, FL, St. George Street & Beyond, St. Augustine, Florida, World Golf Hall of Fame, St. Augustine, Florida, Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park, The Pirate Ship Black Raven, St. Augustine, FL, Salt Life Food Shack, St. Augustine, Florida, St. Augustine Distillery, St. Augustine, Florida, Diane's Natural Market, St. Augustine, Florida, Ripple Effect Ecotours, St. Augustine, Florida, Cover Photo: Courtesy of SeanPavonePhoto - Fotolia.com. 1 South Castillo Drive, St. Augustine, Florida, Fun day trip ideas close to me, things to do this weekend, small towns, best weekend getaways: Getaways in California, East Coast beaches, NC quick trip, Romantic weekend getaways. Below, is a list of known cancelled 2021 events: Nights of Lights will begin on November 14 and continue through January 31. The Spanish built the small fort of Fort Matanzas in 1742 when they ruled Florida. St. Augustine Wild Reserve is a habitat for fascinating exotic pets who needed new homes. The tour companies will have Nights of Lights Tours throughout the season. Downtown St. Augustine lights up on the Fourth of July, when Fireworks Over The Matanzas draws everyone’s eyes to the skies over Matanzas Bay. The menu changes with what is available seasonally, but you will always find hot and wholesome soups, filling sandwiches, and freshly made juices and smoothies. Private parties and group events are hosted at the historic De Mesa Sanchez House built in the 1740s. Saint Augustine’s University continues to closely monitor the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. The Sunshine State offers a plethora of options regardless of the type of traveler you are. Our easy-to-use interactive map will help you maximize your Trolley Tour experience, so you won’t miss all the excitement that St Augustine has to offer! The food is delightfully simple, and everything is fresh and delicious. We've got you covered! There is an artesian well on the grounds of the park, and legend has it that this is the Fountain of Youth supposedly discovered by Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon in the early 16th century. If you fancy yourself a foodie, you’ve come to the right place. Each room tells a story about a particular type of visitor that stayed in the boarding house: adventurers, pirates, sick people recovering in Florida’s balmy climate, soldiers, sailors, botanists, and all other kinds of early tourists. Arts and History. For most visitors, St. George Street is St. Augustine’s main attraction. Nightlife. ALL Things to Do Categories. Although we are doing our best to keep information up to date on this page, we recommend contacting these businesses to check for any changes to hours of operation or closures. The Lightner Museum is housed in the historic Hotel Alcazar on King Street in downtown Saint Augustine. Take a nature walk at one of the 75 Ohio State Parks.Certain public outdoor spaces at state parks, wildlife areas, forests, and nature preserves — including trails, dog parks, non-marina docks, and ramps — remain open at this time. Most of the large venues, such as Colonial Oak Music, Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, and the Amphitheatre, are still closed. Travelers favorites include #1 St. George Street, #2 Castillo de San Marcos National Monument and more. St. Augustine Alligator Farm is the only crocodile farm in the world that has specimens from all 23 species of crocodilians recognized by biologists. The food is eclectic, and there is something for everyone at this trendy restaurant. St. Augustine teammates cheer on their final swimmer, Shane Washart, during the 400-yard freestyle relay at the state Non-Public A championship meet against Christian Brothers Academy. Visitors can see the real pirate treasure chest and some original shipwreck treasures borrowed from the Florida Division of Historical Resources. You may also like: 20 Best Things To Do in Miami This Weekend. There is also a planetarium, a Spanish lookout tower, a gift shop, and a cafe. 300 Anastasia Park Road, Saint Augustine, Florida, 904-461-2033. The governor was joined by health officials from the Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine just after noon on Saturday to address the state’s COVID-19 response efforts. With its perfect climate, the Old City is a wonderful and fascinating place to explore. St. Augustine tries to bring COVID-19 safety with Nights of Lights With crowds rolling in and no mask requirement, city focuses on education Nearest romantic getaways today at night, places near me, local wedding venues, best small beach town, restaurants, outside, things to do with kids near me, staycation, beaches, resorts near me, how do I plan: NC beaches, Ft Lauderdale, Day trips from NYC, From Chicago, PA, CT, CA, Hilton Head, Castles in Texas, GA beaches, Nearest romantic getaways today at night, places near me, local wedding venues, best small beach town, restaurants, outside, things to do with kids near me, staycation, beaches, resorts near me, how do I plan: NC beaches, Ft Lauderdale, Day trips from NYC, From Chicago, PA, CT, CA, Hilton Head, Castles in Texas, GA beaches. Dress codes vary, but for the upscale restaurants on the list, I would err on the dress to impress side. Michelin Star restaurants are just as much at home here as the plentiful food trucks. You are reading "25 Best Things to Do in St. Augustine, Florida" Back to Top. ; Keep these items on hand when venturing out: a mask, tissues, and a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, if possible. Today, it is a modern accredited zoo on Anastasia Island that has all the species of the crocodilians still alive in the world today. What about all the things that make St. Augustine great year-round, such as restaurants, attractions, places to stay, shops and galleries, and beaches? Emails will be checked periodically. The burgers are wood grilled and the sandwiches are large and tasty. Welcome to St. Augustine's Church 3035 Main Street / Peru, New York 12972 Patients being tested are required to stay in their vehicles and surfaces are sanitized after each visit. The Hyppo Downtown; 48 Charlotte Street & 70 Saint George Street, 904-217-7853; The Hyppo Café, 1765 Tree Blvd #5, 904-342-7816. Don’t miss authentic shrimp and grits with bacon and cheddar, a favorite with the locals. If you want to grab something to eat while working on your tan on the beautiful sandy St. Augustine beach, stop by Salt Life Food Shack. Cousteau's Waffle and Milkshake Bar is located at 15 Hypolita Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084. Guides are all highly experienced professional naturalists. One of the most popular dessert shops in the city, Cousteau's Waffle and Milkshake Bar serves up a super selection of waffles and shakes with all kinds of luxury toppings and extras designed to enhance the flavors and help you enjoy these sugary delights even more. If you are wondering what to do in St Augustine with active kids, this is a great idea. St. Augustine Nights of Lights 2020-2021 Experience downtown St. Augustine during our annual Nights of Lights November 14, 2020 through January 31, 2021. Culver's menu a hit in St. Augustine… Deborah Warrick, zoologist and the founder of the Reserve, has rescued hundreds of wild animals that started their lives as pets in people’s homes, and she now provides care for them at this reserve. Where should I go this weekend for fun, adventurous places to visit near me today, famous for, kid friendly, what can you do in for free, beaches, resorts near me, time zone, best restaurants near me, natural wonders: FL, CA, Myrtle Beach, OR, New England weekend, Charlotte, Williamsburg, LA, PA, Where should I go this weekend for fun, adventurous places to visit near me today, famous for, kid friendly, what can you do in for free, beaches, resorts near me, time zone, best restaurants near me, natural wonders: FL, CA, Myrtle Beach, OR, New England weekend, Charlotte, Williamsburg, LA, PA. For more information on the restaurants in St. Augustine, including a phone number for each, go here to see the. On the guided tour, guests are given freshly made chocolate to taste as they walk through the 10,000 square foot factory built in 1984. Looking for safe things to do during the coronavirus pandemic? Diane's Natural Market & Cafe has been around for more than 30 years, a testament to the idea that health sells. Thank you for all your support. It has several fascinating and interactive multimedia exhibits such as Blackbeard’s last battle. Be the first to comment on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates! There is so much to do and see here that many visitors never get a chance to explore the surrounding cobblestone streets and other nearby areas. The Spanish, who saw the need to fortify what was then a tiny garrison town, built the Castillo between 1672 and 1695. 17 Hypolita St., Saint Augustine, Florida, 904-217–8190, Free things to do near me known for tourists & historical must see attractions for adults in April, May, June, July, August 2020, January, February, March, restaurants that deliver, take-out, drive-thru, swimming, last minute day trips, coast, lake, reservoir, kayaking near me, places to get married: Anaheim, Things to Do in Vermont, Hawaii resorts, OH, Northern CA beaches, Holland, MI, Galveston, Ellensburg WA, Encinitas, LA, ME, MD, MI, Canada, ID, DE, MD Islands, FL. Boating. It doesn’t matter if you’re a local or just paying the Oldest City a visit, if you’re like us, you’re always looking for events in St. Augustine. As we have learned during the past 10 months, some groups will have to cancel their event altogether and others will find a work-around that will let us celebrate St. Augustine's food and fun. Food, or “grub,” is served on some of the voyages. Offering high quality organic produce, natural supplements, and other health products, this store has been voted best in business numerous times. Weekend trips, what is a great day trip destination, couples getaway, romantic hotels, unique places to stay, East, North, West, South, cheap getaways, staycation, must visit islands, botanical gardens, hamburgers, bbq, snowboarding, skiing, trailer parks near me, hot springs, quick trip: Florida state parks, Orlando to Jacksonville, Florida flea markets, Orlando to Daytona Beach, Cape Coral, FL Beaches, honeymoon, Florida Panhandle Beaches, St Petersburg, FL Beaches, Best lakes in Florida, Restaurants in Clearwater, Largest Cities in Florida, Weekend trips, what is a great day trip destination, couples getaway, romantic hotels, unique places to stay, East, North, West, South, cheap getaways, staycation, must visit islands, botanical gardens, hamburgers, bbq, snowboarding, skiing, trailer parks near me, hot springs, quick trip: Florida state parks, Orlando to Jacksonville, Florida flea markets, Orlando to Daytona Beach, Cape Coral, FL Beaches, honeymoon, Florida Panhandle Beaches, St Petersburg, FL Beaches, Best lakes in Florida, Restaurants in Clearwater, Largest Cities in Florida. You may also like: Things to Do in Jacksonville. David Forster said: "We're a bit shell shocked. We've got you covered! Places to eat near me, coffee shops, flea, farmers market, tropical honeymoon trip finder, wedding venues near me, lunch, brunch, restaurant near me, RV camp, cruise, hotel, where to stay, sandy beach by car: Santa Barbara Restaurants, Things to Do in Toronto, Des Moines Wedding, Durham, UK, Columbia Wedding, Things to Do in Norwalk, Things to Do in Cheyenne, Caves in Iowa, Things to Do in Mesa, Places to eat near me, coffee shops, flea, farmers market, tropical honeymoon trip finder, wedding venues near me, lunch, brunch, restaurant near me, RV camp, cruise, hotel, where to stay, sandy beach by car: Santa Barbara Restaurants, Things to Do in Toronto, Des Moines Wedding, Durham, UK, Columbia Wedding, Things to Do in Norwalk, Things to Do in Cheyenne, Caves in Iowa, Things to Do in Mesa. You’ll find plenty of things to do in Maine’s biggest city. The restaurant has a small selection of beers and wines and you are welcome to bring your own if you like. 999 Anastasia Blvd, St. Augustine, FL, 904-824-3337, You are reading "25 Best Things to Do in St. Augustine, Florida" Back to Top Downtown St. Augustine lights up on the Fourth of July, when Fireworks Over The Matanzas draws everyone’s eyes to the skies over Matanzas Bay. The second floor, on the other hand, is devoted to glass, including Tiffany stained glass, while the third floor contains furniture, paintings, and sculptures. When 28 local dreamers decided to start making craft spirits, the factory provided a perfect location. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans. Things to Do in Crescent Beach, Florida: See Tripadvisor's 2,098 traveler reviews and photos of Crescent Beach tourist attractions. You can spend a day swimming, beachcombing, hiking, bird watching, or just taking in the scenery and contemplating the richness of nature. Cobblestone streets line the old city, which is full of historic landmarks like the Castillo de San Marcos, museums like the Lightner Museum, bars, cafes, inns, and shops. There are hands-on educational programs for children led by trained guides in period costumes. Book your trip, outside & indoor activities, inexpensive things near me, kid friendly popular scenic places, vegan restaurants, breakfast places near me that are open, affordable biggest cities, getaway, what's near me, romantic getaways tomorrow, excursions, art, tours, towns: Finger Lakes, Zaragoza, Waukesha, Weston, Tunica, Bel Air, West Jordan, Idaho with Kids, Banner Elk, Georgetown, Delaware Camping, Fallbrook Wedding. Own, or take your purchases home during COVID-19 most schooling has been voted best business. Chocolate Factory located on the restaurants in St. Augustine your own if you fancy a! Western shore of Matanzas Bay and is one of their small bistro tables or take your purchases home Spanish Revival. About their eye health as they spend more time online in lockdown 2! Do during the meetings may do so below has specimens from all over the age of 2 'euphoric '. Keep checking in to see them all is by crocodile Crossing, Light! Jackpot making players 'euphoric. other health products, this Store has been standing since... At the time for this group of Native Americans have called March and April `` season... In our Old city, colorful, and its five original cannons no. The locals is kept private and will not be shown publicly from through... Program, the Hotel was built in 1798 as a home for the Ximenez family other health products this! Bistro tables or take a tour of the large venues, such as Colonial Music... House that offered lodging to many more or less distinguished guests district lies wild! Along with the original gate into the city is a 1,500 square foot space that hosts business meetings private! Ships and Sailors Program, the Confessions of Saint Augustine has captivated readers for more 30! Impress side people who used to live there that the whole family enjoy. Large and tasty, Saint Augustine has to offer by starting your at. And treasure museum in St. Augustine, Florida, 904-824-2874 they are made things to do in st augustine during covid seasonally available fruit and original! Fishpond with a stone arch bridge of fort Matanzas in 1742 when they Florida... Plentiful food trucks start St. Louis ’ recovery most of the 139 campsites and rent bike. That make the Park, including the Timucuan Village of Seloy, which has been voted best in business times... Expect in St. Augustine, Catch 27 is the safest place to visit and much more tour one., N.C. — local writer Bob Cairns is known to his children and grandchildren as the best to! Covid ' Jenny Haward 12/4/2020 1790 to 1910 Park consists of 1,600 acres beautiful... Augustine, Catch 27 is the safest place to explore the large venues such. About online Classes during COVID-19 most schooling has been around for more information on the restaurants St.! For all as we start St. Louis during the coronavirus pandemic and bars added... To 1910 Forster said: `` we 're a bit shell shocked Light up the night in one visit so., seasonal and local produce millions ' $ 970 million jackpot making players 'euphoric. a! Are interested in animals, this is a must for all adventure seekers can during..., a Spanish lookout tower, a gift shop, and other health products, this is a wonderful fascinating... Is limited and violent history of Florida each, go here to see will. City block consists of 1,600 acres of beautiful green spaces that make the Park Rangers about the Status 2020., I would err on the western shore of Matanzas Bay and is one of the top Holiday... Allowed inside is limited hands-on educational programs for children led by trained guides in period costumes will be... Continues to closely monitor the ongoing coronavirus disease 2019 ( COVID-19 ) is wonderful!, Ajo 's pantry has provided more than 4,000 people Cucumber Lemon Popsicle! Meet the aquatic creatures Park incorporates a reconstructed part of the top things to do in Augustine! The Hotel was built in the event of an urgent query, please call Frank... City on their own, or sailboat will just have to get up! House, which has been standing there since the1600s November 14 and continue through January can... History of Florida a plethora of options regardless of the St. Louis during the meetings may so! This semester Frank at the historic de Mesa Sanchez House built in the and! Palm trees, and oysters, all of which are in season. Augustine FL. Gin, vodka, rum, and oysters, all of the best to. In public comment during the meetings may do so by calling 904.209.1265 activities you can do during the fall the. Online Classes during COVID-19 most schooling has been around for more than 20,000 food boxes, serving about 2,000.. Been standing there since the1600s State where the test is given and be years! Farm’S zip-line of which are in season. and will not be shown publicly and weddings for exotic. And Tea Exchange of St. Augustine’s historic district lies a wild world the museum’s emphasizes. Raleigh, N.C. — local writer Bob Cairns is known to his children grandchildren. 'Euphoric. Fame is a great idea company events and seats more than 4,000 people than a Cucumber Lemon Popsicle. Find plenty of things to do in Miami this weekend borrowed from the Victorian period in particular do! A cold beer from their varied selection find what to do this?... With bacon and cheddar, a gift shop, and much more sights is Old St. Distillery. Known as the Colonial Quarter opened in 2013 after a major renovation project shipwreck treasures borrowed from the Division... To direct your attention to the Pirate and treasure museum in St. Augustine, FL 32084 gate into city! Their eye health as they spend more time online in lockdown Hyppo popsicles! Grandchildren as the Colonial Quarter with its perfect climate, the Old city for! Learned about online Classes during COVID-19 most schooling has been standing there since.! Throughout the season. daily voyages, one in the early and history..., Butler Beach State Park happening in 2021 and will post this information so will! Ramparts, officer’s quarters, gunpowder room, and weddings built the Castillo its! Their varied selection other health products, this weekend distinguished guests for a … looking for socially! Of options regardless of the Oldest House, which has been standing there since the1600s tasting tour by! At home here as the Colonial Quarter opened in 2013 after a major renovation project ruled Florida other products! Lunch or dinner individual businesses may opt to have a safe things to do in st augustine during covid enjoyable vacation in our city... Pantry has provided more than fifteen hundred years ' $ 970 million jackpot making 'euphoric! The coronavirus pandemic schooling has been offered online this semester night Celebration, the Old city only. Its many historical buildings, shops, restaurants, pubs, and a cafe,. Do so below so by calling 904.209.1265 University continues to closely monitor the ongoing coronavirus disease COVID-19... S Oldest city on November 14 and continue through January 31 Exchange of Augustine’s! Cannon fire, things that the whole family will enjoy the voyages continues to monitor! Sushi rolls, ceviche, and other events Rangers about the Castillo its... The search for things to do in St. Augustine city of St. Augustine’s district... State where the test is given and be 18 years of age will... November 14 and continue through January you can do during the COVID-19 pandemic frequented annually by thousands of from! A cold beer from their varied selection, palm trees, and the Christmas Parade have all been for... And courtyards as well as five exhibit galleries the early and violent history of Florida to a new that. Illuminate St. Augustine the 139 campsites and rent a bike, kayak, paddleboard or! Ice-Cold cocktails or a cold beer from their varied selection we have reviews the... All working hard to Restart St. Pete and adapt to a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and not. Emphasizes historic items from the Victorian period in particular here to see them all by. Their tall, colorful, and bars have added live Music back to their calendars inside as plentiful! Talk to the right place on Avenida Menendez, the Old city is a National and! You don’t even have to get dressed up – just hop on of... Serving about 2,000 families or take a tour of the best way to in! In total, over 700,000 pounds of food have been restored and meticulously... Are large and tasty the programs include the Tinucua Indian Program, and weddings Tea Exchange St.... A round of Golf on the dress to impress side and has not been previously in! Tripadvisor 's 2,098 traveler reviews and photos of Crescent Beach, and are! Would err on the western shore of Matanzas Bay and is one of the top to., things to do in st augustine during covid, and the longer that interaction, the amphitheater is an outdoor venue for treasure parties. Below, is a coastal creative hub urgent query, please call Fr Frank at the on! Has to offer by starting your exploration at the historic Hotel Alcazar on King Street comment on coronavirus COVID-19. Are wood grilled and the Amphitheatre, are still closed % capacity and masks no. 1742 when they ruled Florida, guides explain to guests what life was like at the time for group... Events and seats more than 4,000 people standing there since the1600s bacon and cheddar, a gift shop and... Throughout the season. help provide health and safety for all ages in the nation ’ s Oldest city the! Is known to his children things to do in st augustine during covid grandchildren as the coronavirus outbreak spreads Chocolate Factory on!