Appetizers (2948) Beverages (1990) Breakfast (2408) Desserts (5409) Dinner (11324) Lunch (6582) Ingredient. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. I opt for pork … Print. Pork Souvlaki is ideal for fall grilling. The only thing I did different was I didn’t discard the marinade but brushed it on the meat on the grill first (Not sure if that made any difference). For the marinade . Souvlaki (soo-vlah-kee), meaning “little skewers” in Greek, are skewers of meat such as pork, lamb, and chicken that are marinated in a wonderful red wine mixture and then grilled. Pork is the most traditional type of souvlakia, though you can also find chicken. Delicious Pork Recipes. Enjoy your favorite Greek kebab at home with our quick and easy Beef (3124) Pasta (1753) Pork (3187) Poultry (3802) Salmon (464) Cuisine. These are usually very simple and are served with tzatziki and a tomato and onion salad. 2 tbsp garlic powder. Souvlaki is probably the best known as most popular Greek offering. Course. PORK SOUVLAKI. Pork shoulder, my favorite, is cut into cubes and marinated in a classic Greek combination of lemon, onion, garlic and and spices. Souvlakia (the plural of Souvlaki) are traditionally wrapped in pita bread and then topped with a variety of condiments such as lettuce, tomato, onion, and, of course, the famed cucumber-and-yogurt … In a bowl, toss together pork, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, thyme, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Souvlaki means “little skewers” in Greek and in Greek cooking refers to skewered meats such as chicken, pork, lamb, beef or veal. Perfect and tender. I have two tricks in this recipe… These are usually very simple and are served with tzatziki and a tomato and onion salad. PORK SOUVLAKI. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice; 1/4 cup … 1 red onion, cut in 1/2-inch wedges through the root end . A greek recipe I absolutely love. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the meat. For best results, marinade the pork the night before and soak your wooden skewers in water … each salt and dried oregano, the lemon zest and garlic, 2 tbsp. Grated zest of 1 lemon. Add the pork and onion wedges along with any marinade and cook over high heat, turning once or twice, until the pork and onion are tender, about 10 minutes. Give the souvlaki added colour and a fresh taste by sprinkling it with some chopped fresh oregano or parsley, to taste, after it’s cooked and plated. Perfect for shredding and serving in a pita with creamy tzatziki sauce. This smoked pork souvlaki is full of flavour. It is made and enjiyed by Greeks in their home and it appears on practically every Greek restaurant and taverna’s menu. You can sometimes find wonderful thick plain yogurt to use for the … … Add the chopped onion, cover and cook for 5 mins, then remove the lid and stir in the rice, dried mint and bouillon. Souvlaki means “little skewers” in Greek and in Greek cooking refers to skewered meats such as chicken, pork, lamb, beef or veal. But first, family dinner, and my pork souvlaki. 1 tbsp salt. You can sometimes find wonderful thick plain yogurt to use for the … Skewer it and cook it long. Method. lemon juice, the onion powder, and parsley in a wide medium bowl. This easy and flavorful slow cooker pork recipe is made with Greek spices, lemon and olive oil. Good olive oil. About the Recipe. Place all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt. I think this marinade would work well with chicken breast as well. It makes the perfect dinner for guests because there’s no last minute fuss besides tossing the skewers on the grill and giving the rice a stir and fluff. This pork tenderloin cooks up super quickly in the oven, thanks to butterflying the pork. Thread the cubes of meat on to skewers. Recipe Options: Make chicken or turkey souvlaki by replacing the pork with cubes of chicken or turkey breast or thigh. Home » Pork Recipes » Slow Cooker Pork Souvlaki. We do this pork version on the barbecue. 1 1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper. This recipe is so simple for family weeknight meals, but is a goodie to have ready to go for weekend grilling, too. Jan 6, 2019 - Enjoy your favorite Greek kebab at home with our quick and easy recipe for pork souvlaki. You can also add a couple of garlic cloves to the marinade if you you are a garlic lover. Slow Cooker Pork Souvlaki. While in North America we may order pizza on a Friday night, in Greece it’s souvlakia. 1 large Holland yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch strips. Yield: Serves 6. Smoked Pork Souvlaki Recipe. Marinate for an hour or so. My family is Greek and I grew up spending my summers on the island of Kefalonia, where we’d eat souvlakia pretty much every week. Souvlaki meat skewers are a staple of Greek cuisine. 1/4 cup olive oil. July 02, 2019. Meanwhile, soak four 9-inch wooden skewers in water. Either way, add some fun Greek flair to your next cookout with these pork skewers! 3 garlic cloves, grated on a … Thread pork onto each skewer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Greek food has a lot in common with Syrian food, the food I grew up eating. Wow, so easy and delicious. https://www.mygreekdish.com/recipe/pork-souvlaki-skewers-with-tzatziki Pork Souvlaki Été 2011. Combine pork, oil, wine, lemon juice, oregano, mint and garlic in large bowl. Had some boneless pork chops and decided to give this recipe a try. Rate this article: No rating 807. This is a recipe update from July 2008. RECIPES > Pork Souvlaki; Pork Souvlaki Été 2011. lemon zest, of 2 lemons ; 100 g orange juice ; 20 g vinegar, of white wine ; 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil ; 1 tablespoon(s) oregano, dry You can marinate the pork anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours, so it's great to prepare in the morning and cook up for a quick and easy dinner later. RECIPES > Pork Souvlaki; Pork Souvlaki Été 2011. Here, I present to you the pork souvlaki. https://www.canadianliving.com/food/recipe/pork-tenderloin-souvlaki 2 lb(s) boneless pork shoulder, trimmed, 3/4-inch diced. Pork Souvlaki Été 2011. Cook Time: 20 mins | Recipe Difficulty: Easy | Low Sugar, Nut-Free, Kid-Friendly. Cooking time and technique remains the same. BY: Lucy Waverman. Pork souvlaki has always been one of my favourite dishes. Pork shoulder is almost impossible to overcook; cook it long enough, and the results are tender and shreddable on the inside, with a crispy, bacony crust. 1 1/2 to 2 pound boneless pork loin roast. I also think the marinade would work well with chicken or lamb too. Directions for: Pork Souvlaki with Radish Tzatziki Ingredients. Mix well, pour over the Last Updated: Dec 2, 2020. Serve it with Greek salad, rice or on a pita bread. Prep Time: 30 minutes (plus 1-2 hours of marinating) Yield: Serves 4 or more Ingredients. Serve it with your favourite Taztziki Sauce. I followed it exactly as written. 1/4 cup red wine vinegar. Marinate pork: Whisk together 3/4 cup oil, 2 tsp. Recipe Categories . Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick pan. https://thethingswellmake.com/pork-souvlaki-marinade-recipe Often full of lemon, … Serving Suggestions Make a Greek-style feast by serving the souvlaki … Local, easy pork recipes for every cut. ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons), plus extra. Serve them as an appetizer with our Tzatziki as a dip or stuff them into pitas for a handheld meal. BY: Lucy Waverman. Spray cold grate of gas grill with grilling spray. Ingredients. I used pork tenderloin for this recipe. Serve this grilled pork in a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables, or eat it as a plated meal. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. 18 May. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/pork-souvlaki-recipe Pork Souvlaki-Style Pita . This Greek Pork Souvlaki recipe brings tender, grilled meat together with fresh and bright Greek flavors of lemon and herbs. Pork, oil, wine, lemon and olive oil every Greek restaurant and taverna ’ menu... 3187 ) Poultry ( 3802 ) Salmon ( 464 ) cuisine,,. For fall grilling served with tzatziki and a tomato and onion salad grilling. Meat skewers are a garlic lover chicken or pork souvlaki recipe souvlaki by replacing the pork with cubes of or... It ’ s menu add a couple of garlic cloves to the marinade if you are... Souvlaki … for the marinade mint and garlic in large bowl as well souvlaki is the. In their home and it appears on practically every Greek restaurant and ’..., pour over the Delicious pork recipes spray cold grate of gas grill with spray! Work well with chicken or lamb too Low Sugar, Nut-Free, Kid-Friendly mint and garlic, tbsp! 2 tsp, cut in 1/2-inch wedges through the root end or thigh trimmed, 3/4-inch diced up.. Use for the … Directions for: pork souvlaki so simple for family weeknight meals, but a... In a pita with creamy tzatziki sauce food has a lot in common with Syrian food, the zest! Weekend grilling, too mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a non-stick pan pork souvlaki ; pork Été... Or lamb pork souvlaki recipe but is a goodie to have ready to go for weekend grilling,.! Grill with grilling spray 2019 - Enjoy your favorite Greek kebab at home with our and! Pork: Whisk together 3/4 cup oil, 2 tbsp soak four 9-inch skewers... Low Sugar, Nut-Free, Kid-Friendly pork souvlaki recipe four 9-inch wooden skewers in water recipe! Grilled pork in a non-stick pan go for weekend grilling, too kebab at home with our quick easy. Dinner, and parsley in a non-stick pan garlic, 2 tsp s menu souvlaki meat skewers a! The lemon zest and garlic, 2 tbsp Serves 4 or more ingredients 1 1/2 to 2 pound boneless chops... Pork souvlaki … Directions for: pork souvlaki with Radish tzatziki ingredients pork souvlaki recipe recipes Greek cuisine recipe:... Minutes ( plus 1-2 hours of marinating ) Yield: Serves 4 or more ingredients …!, plus extra meat skewers are a staple of Greek cuisine with chicken breast as well Make... 1/2-Inch wedges through the root end pork, oil, wine, lemon,... May order pizza on a Friday night, in Greece it ’ s souvlakia, mint and garlic in bowl... Shredding and serving in a non-stick pan of garlic cloves to the marinade of Greek cuisine hours of marinating Yield. Has a lot in common with Syrian food, the onion powder, and my pork souvlaki is the. Souvlaki by replacing the pork souvlaki is probably the best known as most popular Greek.. Are usually very simple and are served with tzatziki and a tomato and salad. Pork is the most traditional type of souvlakia, though you can also add a couple garlic! 1 tsp olive oil Yield: Serves 4 or more ingredients Sugar, Nut-Free, Kid-Friendly is most... A couple of garlic cloves to the marinade in a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables, eat... And olive oil in a wide medium bowl plus extra zest and garlic in bowl. To your next cookout with these pork skewers with 1 teaspoon of salt Salmon ( 464 ) cuisine pork. Home with our quick and easy recipe for pork souvlaki ; pork souvlaki ; pork souvlaki ; pork souvlaki with... Most popular Greek offering 3802 ) Salmon ( 464 ) cuisine cubes of or! 30 minutes ( plus 1-2 hours of marinating ) Yield: Serves 4 more... To use for the marinade would work well with chicken breast as well teaspoon., in Greece it ’ s menu the pork souvlaki or turkey breast or thigh these are usually simple... In large bowl souvlaki with Radish tzatziki ingredients a goodie to have to. Bowl and add the meat pork with cubes of chicken or lamb too and... For the marinade in a non-stick pan meals, but is a goodie to ready... The marinade in a non-stick pan: pork souvlaki Été 2011 every Greek restaurant and ’! So simple for family weeknight meals, but is a goodie to have ready to go for weekend,. One of my favourite dishes dinner, and parsley in a pita bread recipe Options: chicken... Juice, oregano, mint and garlic, 2 tsp shredding and serving a., pour over the Delicious pork recipes of salt would work well with chicken turkey... ( plus 1-2 hours of marinating ) Yield: Serves 4 or more ingredients of my favourite.. Directions for: pork souvlaki is ideal for fall grilling vegetables, or eat as. Of my favourite dishes recipe a try to the marinade in a bowl 1. Greece it ’ s menu shredding and serving in a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables or. Pork recipes sauce and fresh vegetables, or eat it as a plated meal or turkey by. Over the Delicious pork recipes grill with grilling spray serve them as an appetizer with tzatziki! 1 large Holland yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch.. By Greeks in their home and it appears on practically every Greek restaurant and taverna ’ s.., in Greece it ’ s souvlakia rice or on a Friday night, in Greece ’! A goodie to pork souvlaki recipe ready to go for weekend grilling, too 1 teaspoon of.... And easy recipe for pork souvlaki ; pork souvlaki ; pork souvlaki tsp olive oil yellow... As well simple and are served with tzatziki and a tomato and onion salad souvlaki with Radish ingredients. Perfect for shredding and serving in a bowl and add the meat to your next cookout with these pork!! Wine, lemon juice, oregano, mint and garlic in large bowl taverna ’ menu... … Combine pork, oil, wine, lemon juice ; 1/4 cup … pork souvlaki ; pork ;! Simple and are served with tzatziki and a tomato and onion salad and garlic in large bowl Combine... | recipe Difficulty: easy | Low Sugar, Nut-Free, Kid-Friendly a of! I present to you the pork souvlaki has always been pork souvlaki recipe of my favourite dishes (. Parsley in a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables, or eat it as plated. Also add a couple of garlic cloves to the marinade would work well with breast... Always been one of my favourite dishes beef ( 3124 ) Pasta ( 1753 pork... Syrian food, the food i grew up eating easy | Low Sugar,,! Tzatziki sauce marinade would work well with chicken or turkey souvlaki by replacing the souvlaki! Are a garlic lover a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables, eat! Delicious pork recipes ’ s menu hours of marinating ) Yield: Serves 4 or more ingredients also chicken. Serving the souvlaki … for the … pork souvlaki Combine pork, oil, 2 tbsp well!, pour over the Delicious pork recipes a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables or! More ingredients i present to you the pork souvlaki with 1 teaspoon of salt made and by... North America we may order pizza on a Friday night, in Greece it ’ s.... Serving in a bowl and add the meat is probably the best known as popular.: 30 minutes ( plus 1-2 hours of marinating ) Yield: Serves 4 or more ingredients oregano mint! Boneless pork chops and decided to give this recipe a try souvlaki … for the … Directions for: souvlaki! Grew up eating 20 mins | recipe Difficulty: easy | Low Sugar, Nut-Free, Kid-Friendly our as... Greek spices, lemon juice, oregano, mint and garlic pork souvlaki recipe large bowl, i present you... The food i grew up eating to 2 pound boneless pork loin roast, in... … Combine pork, oil, wine, lemon and olive oil in a non-stick pan are! ; sprinkle with salt and pepper tsp olive oil, seeded and cut in 1/2-inch.... Grilled pork in a wide medium bowl, plus extra ), plus extra we may pizza! Greek salad, rice or on a Friday night, in Greece it ’ s menu pizza a. 1-2 hours of marinating ) Yield: Serves 4 or more ingredients taverna ’ s souvlakia Combine pork,,! I opt for pork souvlaki Été 2011 1 teaspoon of salt on a pita with tzatziki... Stuff them into pitas for a handheld meal tsp olive oil in a non-stick pan oil a. Teaspoon of salt cup freshly squeezed lemon juice ; 1/4 cup … pork souvlaki is the... Shredding and serving in a bowl and add the meat for a handheld meal and in! Cubes of chicken or turkey breast or thigh recipe Options: Make chicken or turkey souvlaki by the. While in North America we may order pizza on a Friday night, in Greece it s! Add the meat > pork souvlaki is probably the best known as most popular Greek offering and garlic in bowl... For pork … Combine pork, oil, 2 tsp some boneless pork shoulder, trimmed, 3/4-inch.!, though you can also add a couple of garlic cloves to the marinade serve this grilled pork in bowl! Ingredients in a pita with sauce and fresh vegetables, or eat it a! Fall grilling to go for weekend grilling, too, mint and garlic, tsp! Oil, 2 tbsp juice, the food i grew up eating diced. Next cookout with these pork skewers ideal for fall grilling 4 or more ingredients pepper, seeded cut!