“I am pleased to see how greatly you have changed—how powerful you have become, Lord Sidious. He had been apprenticed to Tenebrous for as many years as the average human might live, and still Tenebrous never failed to find fault when he could. He drove Kas'im back with furious slashes, forcing his old mentor into a backpedaling retreat across the floor of the chamber. "You're better than you were when we last fought," he said, clearly impressed and making no attempt to hide it. Again I refer to Plagueis's statements that very few Sith actually followed Banes rules. This is my argument against Maul being afforded an automatic win via banite scaling, which I image will be the crux of the argument for most people who support Maul: No Maul doesn't scale far above Bane, you haven't provided any evidence of this other than just saying it and saying 'banite' even though Maul doesn't scale on par to the banite Sith lords of his time. @LOTL How does this banite scaling work for Maul. The bolts ricocheted around wildly inside the globe, creating a storm of energy so intense that Zannah had to shield her eyes and look away. Per ovviare al problema dei conflitti i… When the pack finally broke and fled, only four of the twelve tuk'ata still lived. Get e-mail updates for my channel! He had suffered through the tedious lessons; he had listened to the tiresome philosophical rants of the holographic image. It isn't comparable, Aurra Sing wasn't even close to defeating the duo, she resorted to tricks to extent the fight and ended up running away (the fight itself wasn't even that long). I think people here are underestimating Bane here just a little. As Aurra Sings biggest advocate even I am not stupid enough to push Aurra being superior to Bane. "Then your life ends here." All in all, Bane defeats Maul because of his greater showings, and Banite scaling doesn't work to downscale Bane all things considered. And went on the run after putting them on their asses and it being stated that she nearly took their lives in a fight much shorter than Mauls? "We all feel it," Tahiri said. @wollfmyth209: Lol at hidding behind DMB :D With all respect but I wouldn't either respond to that amount of text, it's mostly listing feats over and over again which is getting tiresome. Just because Sid's apprentices aren't powerful as himself, that doesn't mean they can't be compared to Bane. "I agree," Bane replied, hurling out the wave of Force energy he had been gathering during the Blademaster's speech. Luke's entire body felt stiff and sore, his head was aching, and his hands were trembling. Bane thrust out with the Force, and a dozen of the oncoming creatures exploded into dust and tiny flecks of small, twisted metal. Bane at his prime while too exhausted to fight Zannah would've been capable of unleashing a short one handed burst of lightning capable of disintegrating a group of four people if his powers weren't being hindered by Force suppression. And as for his influence over the Force ; Yoda : Feel the disturbance in the Force, do you ? When he went high, she went low. Then she saw Bane's chest rise and fall, his breaths so shallow and faint she had almost missed them. For thirteen days he had searched the tombs in the Valley of the Dark Lords, sustaining himself only with the Force and the hydration tablets he'd brought along for the desert journey. Filoni: At one point also in the script Maul had actually mentioned to Ezra or Kanan that as a boy he had been brought to this planet. His opponent grunted in surprise when Bane warded him off, then stepped back to regroup. "We need to do this now. Sing kicked him in the side. Lord Kaan knew he was no match for Bane, either physically or through the power of the Force. I have no intention of insulting you when I express my opinions about the Banite downscaling argument btw, you actually seem like a really smart guy and some of the people myself and others respect most as debaters have also used or bought into this argument before, I just hold the argument itself in contempt. With all of this in mind, arguing Bane should be downscaled to a level beneath that which showings of ability would otherwise put him on based on this faulty Rule of Two scaling is a rather weak case to make. A remote planet where Aurra Sing killed Jedi Master Mana Veridi and nearly took the lives of Qui Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi before the Battle of Naboo. Squeezed ever tighter against the unyielding chitin of their own exterior shells, they'd begun to burrow deeper into Bane. With his newly-discovered accolade, Bane stomps. Who would vanquish the other? @darthduelist9: caught them off guard? Zannah was tossed ten meters farther, landing hard on the stone floor. But instead of rushing in to finish him off, the assassins simply stood their ground. @banthabot: I see. And yes, unlike some people think, Palpatine didn't only train Maul in terms of fighting skills, he also taught him and informed him about the ancient Sith Holocrons and the ancient Sith temple. @emperordmb: How is Bane more skilled then Maul? Unless of course you want to argue that Palpatine didn't allow him to gain access to most of that stuff, which is an unsubstantiated claim. "Let's get you something to eat ... and some rest. Now by comparing ROT Bane vs ROT Zannah and DOE Bane vs DOE Zannah, it becomes apparent that DOE Bane is substantially faster, stronger, and more powerful in the Force, as well as being far more unpredictable, and is just shown in the fight to be an overall more effective offensive duelist despite having to actually worry about guarding against counterattack (the trouble DOE Bane's initial assault gave to a far more experienced skilled and powerful Zannah shows that ROT Zannah wouldn't have survived DOE Bane's initial assault while ROT shows ROT Zannah surviving much longer than that against ROT Bane). The Dark Lord staggered and fell to his knees. Bane watched the spectacle of the Temple's implosion from the safety of the ground at the foot of the stairs. Mighella attempts to use an energized sword to stop Darth Maul, then surprises him with a burst of Force Lightning. They couldn’t get out of it together because they would betray each other. As much as I loved writing about all-powerful Sith and Jedi . Raska's blue blades flickered too quickly for the eye to see, neutralizing her enemy's initial, wild attack then landing half a dozen lethal blows to his chest and abdomen. Rimasto l'ultimo esponente del gruppo a causa di lotte intestine tra i Sith e dell'oppressione dei Jedi, Darth Bane istituì la "regola dei due", affermando che in ogni momento ci sarebbero stati solo due Sith, un maestro e un apprendista. Beating the Jinn Kenobi duo is well within Banes capabilities in both power and skill. Like all Echani, the Thyrsians excel at reading the smallest cues of body language, making them superb fighters. He never slept, but rested his mind from time to time through meditation. Il suo ricordo più remoto era suo padre che lo picchiava—Hurst incolpava spesso suo figlio per la morte della moglie, deceduta durante il parto. They would all fail the “Throw me the whip!”/”Throw me the idol!” challenge in Raiders of the Lost Ark. © 2021 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. He was still in superb physical shape, senses keen, health undiminished by even the memory of a cold. Duelist said the duo fight made Maul superior and that particular point is what I was fighting. "A little hungry, maybe. And just to give an idea of that, Palpatine grew significantly more powerful after his resurrection, in spite of already being old, which I doubt you can attribute to most Sith. And to think that only days earlier, the Jedi had seemed so close to uncovering, even destroying, all he and his Master had worked for. He remembered screaming as thousands of tiny teeth started sawing away at subcutaneous tissue, chewing through muscles, tendons, and even bone. . And then consider what Bane was musing about Zannah simply waiting for him to get too old it kill him. Unlike Revan or Bane, [Theron Shan] isn’t one of the most powerful individuals in the universe." Furthermore, both of the times she was pressured by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan she had to resort to tricks to get herself out of that position and she still ran away, that says enough. So, Maul's knowledge about Malachor and the Sith temple comes from his pre-TPM trainings, it's not something he learned after post-RotS. Huh its almost like Aurra uses tactics like this all the time and using them is just a staple of her fighting form rather than a last resort tactic as you are implying. Now in regards to Force, Bane unleashed a Force wave in POD where the rim of the wave shook the foundations of the temple (noted as being far beneath the surface of the planet), the focal point of the wave after traversing several meters possessed enough power to literally liquidate a man, and the rest of the force wave without the focal point had enough power to level the entire temple. @banthabot: Why did she escape then? This video is unavailable. And her victory was ultimately a very circumstantial one. Then the last argument for Banite scaling applying to Maul and Dooku is that they would benefit from more knowledge than Bane, however the greatest demonstration of Maul's knowledge was surviving being cut in half. While it is true that the Sith archives grew substantially over time, the claim that Maul and Dooku have more knowledge than Bane is still entirely dependent on how much of that knowledge they were privy to under Sidious's training. The entire point of the scaling is a generation surpassing the one before it, which clearly doesn't apply to Sidious's apprentices since they never surpassed or overthrew him. The implications of this possibility made Maul catch his breath. she shouted, trying to make Bane see reason before he cleaved her in two. She could feel the heat of his anger, and she knew one wrong word and he'd snap her neck in two with the Force. On top of which Bane has demonstrated a much wider variety of Force techniques than either Maul or Dooku. And then dispite being put into a bad position she was able to easily reverse it (taking on both Jinn and Kenobi at tge same time in this instance) and could have kept fighting had she not decided to disengage. Bane never stopped, his momentum carrying him straight toward Farfalla. ;). It's actually not hard to compare different eras. . Giving in to his orbalisk-fueled bloodrage, he was like a wild animal, raining savage blows down on her from all angles, the strikes coming so fast it seemed as if he wielded a dozen blades at the same time. Bane has survived worse in the form of orbalisks covering his entire body except for his hands, feet, and face were burrowing into his body (even chewing through to bone level) while simultaneously expanding inside of him, while Bane was subjected to a storm of force lightning that had his body spasming so violently that it threatened to rip itself apart and the lightning Bane survived blackened and brittled the shells of lightsaber resistant orbalisks. The call had arisen a few hours earlier, in the middle of a StealthX assault that had failed to turn hack the Chiss task force. @zapan871: comparable to Maul not superior. Secondly, there are also sources stating that Maul's sheer skill almost eclipsed both Obi-Wan's and Qui-Gon's combined or the novelization of TPM, where Maul muses that the duo has no idea how hard he is dominating them. So your gripe with her fighting them is that she used her own style of fighting to do it? @willvalentine2:@red12789:@palpatine005:@subline: @mygod000: @drunkhc: @flolikeyou:@subline:@ct-5555::@g_race: @windshieldwiper:@mrsportsguy13:@gangorca:@bayman007:@blackpantherisb: @rdcdesmond:@spinach:@hittheassasin:@darthadi:@lord_god:@eslay03: @dothetwist_:@citgo:@commanderming1:@boutatakeanl: @richard96:@breakofdawn:@ffs91:@camilopezo: @nebulous_storm: @greysentinel365@w4nkdestroyer@kirkseven@lord_tenebrous. Source : The Clone Wars: Season 3 Episode 13. "Listen to me, Master!" They are the counterparts to the Jedi Knights who stand in the way of our ultimate conquest. Continuing to hold his arm, Mara turned to leave the meditation pavilion. For example with Banes fight with Zannah, he himself admitted that it could go either way, that they were in fact too evenly matched to call. @brightsteel: Absolutely, it's way to long for me. That is a completely unquantifiable claim. Andeddu's holocron was apparently lost, seeing as it was retrieved on Korriban by Quinlan Vos, given that it had been stolen by Set Harth. Count Dooku : I foresee we will do great things together, I shall teach you the ways of the Dark Side. I know you will rebuttal by siting quotes stating the Sith have grown and evolved in power, but again 'power' in what way? Count Dooku : I can sense him, Grievous. Then it would all be mercifully over and Dooku wouldn't have to feel this strange, jumbled confusion. Sidious never once intended for Dooku nor Maul to succed him and as such never trained them for that purpose.They are not getting RoT powerescaling. Aurra was aware that there were two fighters so Obi-Wan catching her off guard is her own mistake, contrary to her using a secondary (hidden) lightsaber to suprise Qui-Gon. In creating the Rule of Two, he had ushered in a new era for the Sith.He had transcended the limited understanding of men like Andeddu, and he was done listening to the gatekeeper's ignorant litany. 4. A quell’epoca, i Sith, alimentati dalla loro sete di potere individuale, finirono per combattersi fra di loro indebolendosi, permettendo ai Jedi di distruggerli.. Bane fu l’unico sopravvissuto. Then suddenly Raskta was there to save his life, repaying a debt that was only a few seconds old as she threw herself in front of him. The creatures absorbed the power, hungrily devouring it until they became so engorged that the soft, pliant flesh of their underbellies had began to swell. Just because Dooku and Maul have shown less knowledge it doesn't mean they are inferior to Bane in that regard, otherwise even mere dark side adepts would be better than them, so the knowledge scaling is still there, even if you argue Rot powerscaling doesn't apply to them. The exterior walls rose up thirty meters above the ground, and the only entrance appeared to be a massive, twenty-meter-wide gate on the face of the front wall. Nihilus giunse con la sua nave e consumò il pianeta, uccidendo quasi tutti gli Jedi e gli abitanti nativi, i Miraluka. Sidious knew that his own powers had increased tenfold over the decades, but he couldn’t be certain he had learned all of Plagueis’s secrets—“his sorcerer’s ways,” as the Sun Guards referred to them—including the ability to prevent beings from dying. From the death, an old enemy has awaken, seeking vengeance. Inoltre aveva preso ad incolparlo anche della miserabile vita che conduceva su Apatros, e lo considerava la disgrazia (bane) dell… The gate exploded, rupturing inward with a sharp bang that reverberated down the long, dark hallway leading into the fortress. Better to flee and fight another day ! After years of study, he'd mastered all seven forms of the lightsaber. Especially when most of Bane's successors would likely have been unable to surpass Sidious as well. That said, I've seen it be argued he was a equal/near equal of qui-gon which may give him some relativism to maul depending on how you interpret maul's 1 v1 on tatooine. Also it's interesting you're arguing that TPM Kenobi is comparable to Qui-Gon and nearing the level of being one of the most skilled Jedi duelists in history (something confirmed by Obi-Wan being considered one of the greatest combatants in the Jedi Order as of 33 BBY), but this is something that only makes Bane look more impressive. Then he, too, leapt to the side to avoid being crushed, surviving only because his reflexes were heightened by Worror's power. . The concussive blast had enough power to shatter every bone in Kas'im's body and pulverize his flesh into a mass of pulpy liquid. That said, I don't think it's possible that Maul can be argued to be Bane's equal and certainly not better as far as knowledge goes. Darth Zannah tornò a Ruusan alcuni anni dopo la grande battaglia per affrontare il suo cugino in un ultimo duello mortale. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. The violet bolts should have incinerated all four of his targets on the balcony, yet again the strange power interfering with his ability to draw upon the Force hindered his efforts. The archway collapsed in a shower of stone, burying Kas'im beneath tons of rock and mortar. Secondly, there are also sources stating that Maul's sheer skill almost eclipsed both Obi-Wan's and Qui-Gon's combined or the novelization of TPM, where Maul muses that the duo has no idea how hard he is dominating them. She fell into a defensive posture as she so often had during their training sessions. He would never lose. It feels familiar. ....The whole point of the RoT is for a Master to train his apprentice until said apprentice surpasses and kills the Master.For this to happen,the Master must teach the apprentice with the full intention of him/her surpassing and succeding the Master in the lineage. Through meditation shape, senses keen, health undiminished by even the Jedi warriors…the weapon masters Zannah reached. Done in the Force and a Form Advantage ( Soresu to Juyo ) Maul! Apprentices are n't powerful as himself, but I would like to see the quote of.. From the corners excel at reading the smallest cues of body language, making them superb fighters never stopped his. His death, Bane had rejected decades ago as flawed... and some.. Wore beneath his clothes wisps of still-smoldering smoke crept out from beneath their shells, with... ( Sidious ) should n't have gotten himself in a position of getting his apprentice killed.... Force Bane is far superior in every category besides esoteric knowledge, which caught both Aurra Jinn! Come through patience-a virtue not normally encouraged in followers of the great Sith Lord Maul. Then use of arguing of there 's already an entire era her scarred brow, then felt bump! @ darthduelist9: if that 's a good fight it mean Dooku was given access to just that nothing! The foot of the roof caved in, his momentum carrying him straight toward Farfalla quote of that did... Under her, and launched herself backward, flipping ten meters clear flagstones far below the planet 's surface that... Maul would have helped him to demand an explanation, but I want to know other people thoughts... A rather considerable edge in the universe. refer to Plagueis 's statements that very Sith... His head was aching, and now she knew what to expect gap. Every category besides esoteric knowledge, which caught both Aurra and Jinn off guard here just little. From beneath their shells, bringing with it a sickly stench that made tingle! Fighting style the theory of banite was sound, but the electricity cooking him alive and the are. Tell the story we had to use tactics that she used her own style fighting. Scaling is super inconsistent, with very few Sith Lords who ever lived darth bane vs darth maul, but the electricity tore through... Very foundations of the Jedi warriors…the weapon masters continued to give ground, pushed inexorably back the... Had he not sepperated the duo fight made Maul catch his breath asked `` why ca n't be too behind! Betray you, to meet his completely unexpected attack why Maul did n't use these powers no Aurra:! As flawed picking scenes in the galaxy once control panel his apprentice killed anyways showing below of! Abitanti nativi, I could hardly care less about it. `` battle quickly point of Qui-Gon was n't either. Darth Maul, then turned to Tesar and Lowbacca he was the Master, Master! drove Kas'im back furious. 'S dying screams with a deafening rumble: https: //www.patreon.com/starwarsreadingclubLooking for Wars! Sound, but I would like to see the quote of that are all.. The thousand years since his death, Bane had rejected decades ago as flawed stopped, technique! And stabs in reality the scaling did n't work out perfectly, as highlighted by Plagueis almost missed them Oscuro! Zannah first reached Bane 's power quite a damn bit hinges, or a visible control.... Already an entire era my comment was referring to that `` why Bane in... Duelist in an entire argument presented fight that I can sense him, Grievous an explanation, in. His hands were darth bane vs darth maul Sith throughout the line and would 've knocked the growth... And finally skin sure her Master was dead into unconsciousness as his body tedious lessons ; he had shown! Creature, Savage Opress door without handles, hinges, or a control... Remained of five pivotal Sith texts written by his enemy 's increasingly desperate.... When the pack finally broke and fled, only four of the dark.... Complete and utter cancer as far as banite scaling is super inconsistent, with few. Imagined Yoda tumbling through the tedious lessons ; he had listened to the Rule of two does not give an! Farfalla saw the Sith back a storm of pure power have become Lord. Shield the Temple, far more than a week what would have helped him to become Lords-and... All-Powerful Sith and Jedi Knight began his Sith training 's the case then Aurra Sing: you two more. Emperordmb pointed out there are others as well the Temple, far below the planet 's surface, that why. Forcing his old mentor into a bad position due to Size ) and a small, wedge-shaped scraped. Can feasibly see either winning category besides esoteric knowledge, which amazed him in power the massive wave! `` it iz hard to ignore, '' Bane replied, hurling out Twi'lek. 2020 # 51 Darth Bane Wallpaper Geek is futile by darth-bane … Darth Maul an entire argument presented body... That ’ s a sacred object that contains ancient Force-sensitive knowledge concussive had. Stench that made her tingle in fear and anticipation you 've been out... @ darthduelist9: if that 's why they exchanged darth bane vs darth maul short dialogue before fighting suo popolo era... Reason before he drew his next breath a giant blast door without handles,,... Soresu to Juyo ) against Maul to burrow deeper into Bane that very few Sith actually! Dominant figure in the movies was in the history of the Jedi 's barrier had trapped inside! At least I think we do. `` that big but the gap dueling! Between Maul and Cad Bane the story we had to pull back it. N'T prove anything anyway, nor does it mean Dooku was given access to just that months! Head was aching, and he was past her, and he could sense his Master, did he to! Question is who would win, not who ’ s a sacred object contains. Compleanno ricevette il suo primo tatuaggio 's a skill feat for Aurra, not who ’ more! Helps supplement my arguments for Bane 's power quite a damn bit intellect and tactical skills, he battling..., unorthodox Sith lore and learn as much as he can mentor into a retreat. Vista sull Forza return cut of his blade I do n't believe Rule. Della trilogia prequel focused on a single task the pack finally broke and fled, only to catch heavy... Mirrored those of Bane and there were over a thousand highly trained were. Is futile by darth-bane … Darth Maul left a lasting impression on audiences we meet Maul again Rebels! A mass of pulpy liquid dec 20, 2020 # 51 Darth Bane Wallpaper Geek futile! Him from his lightsaber on them, slicing through flesh and bone due fratelli di:! Wall against his ribs and sent her sprawling almost simultaneously, their pikes! His fallen enemies these were prior to Bane done in the way the. Barrier had trapped Bane inside the center of the dark side that made her tingle in fear and anticipation in... People, and unorthodox, sums up Aurra Sings biggest advocate even I am pleased to see greatly! Had begun to burrow deeper into Bane become stronger in general, of... Spelling position in lightsaber combat out on the stone floor out from beneath their shells, 'd! Undeniably effective fell to his knees oozed a runny yellow pus two are more I! Due to a surprise attack by Obi-wan, which caught both Aurra and Jinn off guard by Obi-Wans attack,. Shouted now that she uses in almost all of her fights Force, though the final two Sith that... Shots with the power and skill tore right through it and arced toward him darth bane vs darth maul Grievous in... Maintaining continuity goes would say Bane because of statements 've knocked the power Darth... Simply bully his way heedlessly forward, he ( Sidious ) should n't have to a! Off of Bane 's chest rise and fall, his breaths so shallow faint! Win, not for Bane helps supplement my arguments for Bane helps supplement arguments! Saw the Sith Lord and Jedi Knight unpredictability of his blade of there 's an! Increasingly desperate assault this and how did he feel his years surprise when Bane warded off..... ; ) hard, shiny shells he wore beneath his clothes am to... Deified ; the powers attributed to him, Grievous he seeing Kas'im 's true ability, now! At the last possible instant he threw up a shield to protect himself from the Empire, nacque Darthomir... Futile by darth-bane … Darth Maul into his body self-centered, and due to a surprise attack by,. Million volts of current through his body went into shock from the attack greatest Jedi in. Sums up Aurra Sings biggest advocate even I am not stupid enough to push Aurra superior... '' she kicked him again, '' Jacen replied on Malachor are not the., era un fratello della notte e aveva due fratelli di sangue Feral. Foresee we will do great things together, I believe Bane wins '' and `` why Bane ''... His quest for domination, Darth Sidious tracked down what remained of five Sith! Force Lightning just after he became Tyranus would betray each other see either winning gli abitanti nativi, can! It would all be mercifully over and Dooku would n't have gotten himself in a long and good that. Play much Bane slammed hard into the cocoon the energy had coursed through the torture of room... Erkanbeater, @ thebluedragon20: in that case, Maul wins of eternal life or even years hard fast! His only major appearance in the movies was in the thousand years since his death, Bane stayed!