All day. So please wear headphones if you're reading/watching this at work.)__. So it's only natural that he's releasing his latest concert film on one of the most competitive times in Hollywood: Fourth of July. He's a comedic genius who has left a mark on television, with The Cosby Show, and the world of ugly fashion with those ridiculous sweaters. It was amazing and hilarious and this was after he did an hour and a half of material. And its ridiculous. Kevin Hart let me explain quotes. Today’s biggest stories, from pop culture to politics—delivered straight to your inbox. In Elephant, O'Neal is at his best: saying things to make the audience uncomfortable and to make them think. After years of near big breaks (a 2001 co-starring role in a failed Judd Apatow pilot, a 2004 sitcom that lasted only six episodes, a starring role in the film Soul Plane), Hart turned his attention to stand-up, slowly building an audience under the radar of the mainstream media. As Hart explains, he wanted to have the same kind of over-the-top pyrotechnics like those he had seen at a Jay-Z/Kanye West concert. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Your California Privacy Rights. O’Neal was one of the greats from the nineties, an era of tough club comedians; Holmes is one of today’s lighter, improv- and alternative room-raised rising stars. Se gostou do vídeo dê aquele like, e se inscreva no canal para receber atualizações constantes. (These days, the standard route is straight to cable or, as in the case of Louis C.K. I think we can all agree that Kevin Hart is having a moment. I was laughing A LOT, especially when he covered darker topics like his father dying and heart attacks. Log in or link your magazine subscription. He's angry, brutally honest, and most important, hilarious. As Hart explained in Laugh at My Pain, his bad luck turned around when he started doing more personal material onstage, talking about his family — his father’s coke addiction, his marriage, his children — and taking himself down a peg. FKA Twigs Teams With Headie One and Black Activists for ‘Don’t Judge Me’ Video, The video features Kara Walker’s installation, Claire Foy Will Star in Erotic Fish Adaptation. A bit about trying to save his marriage descends into talking about doing ecstasy for the first time and a pantomime of making sweet, sweet love to a beanbag chair. I think we can all agree that Kevin Hart is having a moment. and Aziz Ansari, self-distributed online.) Holdin it down. If Kevin Hart is late, something drastic happened. Finally he breaks into a full-on, folded-over, tearing-up laugh. Well, it's much more than a moment, you see, because while stand-up comedy's golden child Louis CK is … Kevin Hart brings his “Let Me Explain” tour to Madison Square Garden in New York City. Somewhere over the last 30 years or so, it became cool for comedians to develop an antagonistic relationship with their audience. He’s a transition away from the hard comedian on to something more fun, which makes him the most exciting stand-up working. Chris Rock is one of the greatest stand-ups ever, but when you watch him methodically and forcibly attack his jokes, it can feel like he wants to dominate the audience. The local police have launched an official investigation. I couldn’t help but think of two comedians: Patrice O’Neal and Pete Holmes. And it’s this dynamic that has helped make him arguably the biggest stand-up comedian working today, with a giant fan base that justifies the theatrical release of Let Me Explain at a time when the comedy concert movie is seen as a thing of the past. Yet, Ellen manages to escape that "she's funny...for a woman" line and other snotty comments. The two are as different as comedians can be, but both are known for being fully present onstage. Hart’s best jokes contrast bravado and masculinity with insecurity and self-deprecation. By the time “Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain” gets to the stand up routine you paid to see, you will probably have already checked out of the film. Near the start of Kevin Hart’s new comedy concert film, Let Me Explain, he moseys onstage in front of a sold-out Madison Square Garden crowd, surrounded by geysers of flames jetting out from the stage. Eventually, Chewed Up won out because, in my opinion, this is the one that put him on the cultural map in a way he hadn't been previously, and shows us the CK persona we're all familiar with now: a lovably dour and sarcastic guy who is not as great as he could be: We all know MacDonald from his stint as the Weekend Update anchor on SNL and his performance in the Dave Chappelle cult classic Half Baked, but how many of us are well-versed in his stand-up career? For almost two minutes, the special stops completely while Hart laughs uncontrollably. In the movie’s most singular moment, Hart is in the middle of a bit (which is seen below) and then he stops and giggles a little at the scenario he’s painting. Kevin Hart Let Me Explain is a decent little stand up movie, but it's too short. After all, he co-created the show about nothing and his stand-up is devoted to discussing nothing and the minutiae of life. Near the start of Kevin Hart’s new comedy concert film, Let Me Explain, he moseys onstage in front of a sold-out Madison Square Garden crowd, surrounded by geysers of … A new date and a record number of submissions. What else is there to say about the Coz that hasn't already been said? Comedy Central; The Daily Show; Shop Comedy Central; Tosh.0; South Park; In a clip from Hart's most recent concert movie, Let Me Explain, the 5-foot-4 stand-up recalls a time when his bodyguard lifted him up like a toddler. If you have watched it already, then you'll be reminded of his brilliance and why he was THE stand-up comedian of the 1980s: I love Bill. You\'ll receive the next newsletter in your inbox. When you're best friends with someone, you're automatically included in any lie they tell. He goes from talking about wanting to be a better father to how he wouldn’t know what to do if he ever caught his ex-wife giving another man a blow job (he’s so short he might accidentally head-butt the guy right in his erection). These days, laughing at your own jokes and breaking is often called hack-y, but it’s hard, in that moment, for such an argument to feel anything but cynical. And judging by his previous stand-up movie, Laugh at My Pain, which became the seventh-highest grossing stand-up film of all time—I think it's safe to say that Let Me Explain is going to be another blockbuster. Our look back at the classic high school series begins with a pilot episode establishing the clique labels that will dissolve as the show progresses. His starring role in 2012’s hit comedy Think Like a Man solidified his position as one of the hottest comedians in Hollywood — he currently has about half a dozen film projects in the works, as well as a hit BET show, Real Husbands of Hollywood. And whatever the format, with half of 2013 down, it looks like Let Me Explain might just be the year’s best stand-up special. I often find myself thinking, Oh, man, that's so true, when I watch her perform. During this time, Hart also took roles in popular comedies "Death at a Funeral" (2010), "Think Like a Man" (2012), and "Grudge Match" (2013), followed shortly thereafter by his second stand-up concert film " Let Me Explain," which was recorded live at Madison Square Garden. Holy Floop, Robert Rodriguez Is Making Another. Real niggas. 1 pillow. Clip Season 1 Ep 1 4/8/2017. And that's a shame because his personal life should not overshadow how incredibly funny this man is. Kevin Hart is someone who you could see very easily taking over the comedic universes of both stand-up and cinema (where his “Think Like A Man” was a … And there's no better proof of that than his 1983 film Himself. I don’t even have a fucking house.” In that way, the movie was a mission statement, establishing Hart’s brand of comedy, which has always contained elements from prior greats: Bill Cosby’s storytelling ability; Eddie Murphy’s charm, energy, and ability to play characters; Louis C.K.’s self-exploration; Chris Rock’s pointedness; George Carlin’s ability to build momentum; Dave Chappelle’s ease; Woody Allen’s height. Then he chuckles. © 2021 Vox Media, LLC. (WARNING: Some of these clips are NSFW. "Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain" was a breakthrough success for the comedian in 2013, and fans spun off many memes from the film.But "Kevin Hart: What Now?" Filmed at a sold-out performance at Madison Square Garden, comedian Kevin Hart delivers material from his 2012 "Let Me Explain" concert tour. Hart falls directly between the two. Thankfully, I not only have that encounter to cherish him, but also Elephant in the Room, the only stand-up special he recorded before his untimely death. At 33, he’s enjoying the peak of his career and even has more Twitter followers than Seinfeld and Chris Rock put together. Hart's last stand-up comedy film, "Kevin Hart: Laugh at My Pain," earned $7.7 million after release in September of 2011, this despite the fact that it never played in more than 300 theaters. If something is funny, once in a while, you want the comedian to be there with you, dying in laughter. Grown Little Man. All the Celebrities Who Have Received the COVID-19 Vaccine, John Wilson Elaborates on the Foreskin-Machine Guy. Yeah! Straight face. 2011’s independently released Laugh at My Pain grossed $7.7 million at the box office, making it the eighth highest grossing indie film of the year. So I guess "pretty damn hard" is relative, since this special didn't come close to that. was another monster hit for Hart in 2016, at the height of his popularity as an actor. All rights reserved. Well, it's much more than a moment, you see, because while stand-up comedy's golden child Louis CK is getting showered with critical praise and achieving financial success for all his career achievements, Hart has been ever not-so-quietly becoming a force of nature. That "Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain" is a big success, however, isn't too shocking. Hart’s goofy confessional style feels like something fresh. In Laugh at My Pain, he tells a joke about how he might be doing well financially, but he’s nothing compared to his athlete friends: “Dwyane Wade tried to make me buy a boat. No pillow case. Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano have all cited Cosby as one of the greats who has stood the test of time. Kevin Darnell Hart (born July 6, 1979) is an American stand-up comedian, actor, and producer. After watching Explain, you'll probably be hankering for more comedy, so let's take a look at 12 other stand-up specials that I love and recommend you check out this holiday weekend. OK, maybe he is a little bit: I'm Telling You for the Last Time, Jerry Seinfeld. Deixem seu pedidos de legendas nos comentários. I know, I know. 2010’s Seriously Funny was that year’s highest rated stand-up special on Comedy Central. Read more Watch Kevin Hart … Kevin Hart may be under fire for past (and present) controversial comments, but he's still popular for his many comedy specials. Ad Choices, Kevin Hart's Let Me Explain and 12 Other Great Stand-Up Comedy Specials, I think we can all agree that Kevin Hart is having a moment. He presents his material as if he's not that smart of a guy, but that's an act. *Sorry, there was a problem signing you up. From starring in 2011's Think Like a Man, which grossed nearly $100 million, to doing sold-out comedy shows around the world, to creating and starring in Real Housewives parody TV show Real Husbands of Hollywood, he is slowly taking over the entertainment biz. From starring in 2011's Think Like a Man, which grossed nearly $100 million, to doing sold-out comedy shows around the world, to creating and starring in Real Housewives parody TV show Real Husbands of Hollywood, he is slowly taking over the entertainment biz. “Chris,” goes inside, Weinstein Sexual Misconduct Settlement Approved for $17 Million by Judge. On the block. P.S. I love Pryor and Carlin too, but I just couldn't make room for them on this list, so don't hate me for not including them. Hart’s 2011 divorce runs throughout the entire special. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. For those who don’t know, Kevin Hart was raised by a single mother in Philadelphia because his dad was a cocaine addict. In jail. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain 2.5 stars ... Kevin Hart’s ( Along Came Polly ) audience loves him, but if you’re not in love yet, this probably won’t start the infatuation for you. The impressive debut means Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain has the second-highest opening weekend for a standup movie, falling short of The Original … O’Neal, who died in 2011, could do an hour where he just messed around with the audience. By myself. Just two days after its theatrical release, Kevin Hart’s Let Me Explain was classified a box office hit!. Watching. All we have to do is look at his first one-hour special for HBO, Killin' Them Softly. KEVIN HART: LET ME EXPLAIN is a documentary that follows actor/comedian Kevin Hart as he goes on his Let Me Explain world tour and finally ends up at Madison Square Garden in New York City, where he performs for 30,000 people. Finally, will you be checking out Let Me Explain this weekend? (WARNING: Some of these clips are NSFW. Rock often discusses men and women, and this is one of my favorites about women having "platonic" male friends: Hands down, Ellen is funny. I still liked it, though. In it, you can see the blueprint for Chappelle's Show: jokes about politics, police, drugs, etc. That's probably because her stand-up is clean, universal, and very observant. While Laugh at My Pain was brilliant in small spurts, Let Me Explain is even better, a performance by a comedian at the height of his powers (something the film wants us to remember, which is why its first fifteen minutes are taken up by a mini-documentary of Hart’s hugely successful international tour). And judging by his previous stand-up movie, Laugh at My Pain, which became the seventh-highest grossing stand-up film of all time—I think it's safe to say that Let Me Explain is going to be another blockbuster. ALL day! Kevin Hart Tickets | Event Dates & Schedule | Ticketmaster.com Throughout his performance in the film, these bursts of fire are used to punctuate punch lines or at random moments. Pun intended. 'KEVIN HART: LET ME EXPLAIN': Two and a Half Stars (Out of Five) A stand-up comedy concert film featuring comedian Kevin Hart doing material from his 2012 'Let Me Explain' comedy tour. Went back to … It’s no doubt that Kevin Hart is one of the hottest properties in the comedy business right now. Never before has describing the dental experience been so hilarious: This special came out shortly after Barack Obama was elected President and you can tell because even though she discusses the usual topics like raising children and race, she spends a fair amount of time talking about politics. Holmes is known for a youthful wackiness and willingness to laugh at himself onstage. And I'm sure you do too: To quote The Notorious B.I.G., "If you don't know, now you know." Kevin Hart - Excuses for Being Late - Uncensored. In 2011, the stand-up comedian's concert docu "Laugh at My Pain," from Codeblack Entertainment, quietly became a … He blends frantic silliness and honesty in a way that no one at his level is doing today. © 2021 Condé Nast. Glamour may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain is a 2013 American stand-up comedy concert film featuring Kevin Hart's 2012 performance at Madison Square Garden.It was released in theaters on July 3, 2013. Tour ♥ TOUR SCHEDULE ♥ KEVINISMS ♥ BEHIND THE SCENES After watching Explain, you'll probably be hankering for more comedy, so let's take a look at 12 other stand-up specials that I love and recommend you check out this holiday weekend. If you've never seen Murphy's "Ice Cream" joke, you're in for a treat. One of my favorite topics he talks about in Mr. Universe is McDonald's and how even if everyone doesn't eat there, everyone has a McDonald's-esque equivalent in their lives, so really, no one is better than anyone else: Any time Dave is mentioned, inevitably one is going to think about how he abruptly walked away from the $55 million contract he signed with Comedy Central to continue his show Chappelle's Show. “I’m going to destroy them tonight” is the type of thing that would be heard in comedy clubs across the country. You can tell his brain is working when he comes up with his jokes and that he's not just this Boston-born guy yelling at the world. It’s a silly little gag that nonetheless says a lot about Hart — that he’s a black comedian with a sense of showmanship who is also self-aware about not being as cool as rap stars. Parents need to know that Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain is Hart's fourth stand-up "concert" film. So it's only natural that he's releasing his latest concert film on one of the most competitive times in Hollywood: Fourth of July. But in all seriousness, his stand-up, along with Richard Pryor's and George Carlin's, has influenced generations of comedians who have come after him. Here's one of his classic bits about visiting the doctor: What do you think of this list? Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain – review. Gun in my waist. Louis C.K.’s last rightfullyacclaimed special, Oh My God, was very funny, but it hit familiar beats for him (masturbation, kids, his middle-aged decomposition). The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. All rights reserved. It was early. Woke up. Jason Woliner, a.k.a. Simply sitting in a chair on a bare stage, he tells stories about universal situations such as being a parent, family, and going to the dentist. Just me. For Kevin Hart, the self-chastising approach seems to be working. Didnt nobody write me. And he does. Surely, you knew I was going to add Jerry to this list, right? I totally didn't laugh at all after seeing it again, but the first time I heard it I couldn't even stand up. Already a subscriber? Despite Kevin Hart being one of the most unrelatable comedians ever. Not a game. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain. Did I leave any specials out? In fact, I don't think I know one person who doesn't find her amusing and that's especially rare, considering this YouTube generation tends to be jerks for the sake of it. There’s an axiom that says “truth in comedy,” and Hart’s insecurity around the end of his marriage and his own masculinity is where Let Me Explain’s comedy comes from. It's that simple. It was filmed in front of a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden and directed by Leslie Small and Tim Story. It includes a prologue set at a party (with drinking) and scenes of Hart traveling all over the world meeting fans; similar bits appear during the epilogue, with the hour-long stand-up act in between. So please wear headphones if. Born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Hart began his career by winning several amateur comedy competitions at clubs throughout New England, culminating in his first real break in 2001 when he was cast by Judd Apatow for a recurring role on the TV series Undeclared. By myself. Facebook; Twitter; Email; Embed; Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain. In this clip, she jokes about prepping to perform at White House Correspondents' Dinner and what the media expects the "real" Michelle Obama to be like: I'd be lying if I didn't admit that Gaffigan is one of my favorite comics working today. Directed by Leslie Small, Tim Story. American stand-up Kevin Hart warms up for a gig at Madison Square Garden in this inane, foul-mouthed and desperately unfunny documentary. For instance, check out his opening bit about the value of white women in society: Have to be honest, a lot of his clips are super NSFW, but luckily, I was able to find something not quite so R-rated. He manages to find the funny in such serious material, allowing the viewer to laugh instead of feeling sad: I'm a little bummed to write this one because I met Patrice at Carolines on Broadway shortly before he passed away. Kevin Hart reveals why he isn't ashamed about cheating on his wife. full of wit and incredible insight. Just like Cosby, Jim works clean and tells these five-, seven-, eight-minute long bits that are packed with tons of jokes. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain captures the laughter, energy and mayhem of the comedians 2012 concert tour which spanned 10 countries and 80 cities, and … Well, it's much more than a moment, you see, because while stand-up comedy's golden child Louis CK is getting showered with critical praise and achieving financial success for all his career achievements, Hart has been ever not-so-quietly becoming a force of nature. With Kevin Hart, Harry Ratchford, Will 'Spank' Horton, Joey Wells. The film was directed by Leslie Small and Tim Story, produced by Hartbeat Productions, and distributed by Summit Entertainment and Codeblack Films To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. There’s none of that in Hart, and Let Me Explain hits because it’s possible to feel not only a connection to his jokes, but to him as a person. It “will revolve around the activities of a multicultural family” and those activities will probably involve being spies. For those who don't know, he was a real ball-buster, and the second he found out that I was a stand-up comic, he trashed me in that "big brother/little sister" way. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain is a stand-up comedy film by comedian Kevin Hart, and makes use of footage from his 2012 performance at Madison Square Garden as well as from other shows across the globe. Let Me Explain is Kevin Hart as Kevin Hart. Kevin Hart: The Year’s Best Stand-Up Special? Even Eddie is over James and Elizabeth’s nonsense at this point. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain 1 bed. Kevin Hart also recently released a very successful documentary covering his 2012 Tour “Let Me Explain” and has a hit TV series. Just look at this example in which he talks about being in the ghetto at 3 A.M.: It was pretty tough to choose which special of his to include on the list as each of them are great and have memorable moments. Kellyanne Conway Accused of Posting Nude Photo of Teen Daughter Claudia, Travis Barker Is Reportedly Kourtney Kardashian’s Punk Rock Prince, UCLA Gymnast Nia Dennis Is Back With More Beyoncé in a New Floor Routine, ‘We’ll Never Make That Kind of Movie Again’, Adaptation on the Floor: Sarah Snook Will Lead Jane Austen’s. Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain HD IMDB: 6.8 Captures the laughter, energy and mayhem from Hart's 2012 "Let Me Explain" concert tour, which spanned 10 countries and 80 … I know I wasn't, and that's why when he released Me Doing Stand-Up, it was a pleasant surprise. Along with him he brings his great stories, his hip hop esque composure, and his thoughts on marriage. Will revolve around the activities of a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden in this inane, foul-mouthed and unfunny! Have the same kind of over-the-top pyrotechnics like those he had seen at Jay-Z/Kanye. West concert special did n't come close to that add Jerry to this list,?. His material as if he 's not that smart of a guy, but it too! Find myself thinking, Oh, man, that 's so true, when i watch perform... You up most exciting stand-up working he co-created the Show about nothing and his thoughts on marriage was amazing hilarious!. ) __ s nonsense at this point, 1979 ) is an american stand-up Kevin Hart filmed front... Seen at a Jay-Z/Kanye West concert i often find myself thinking, Oh, man, that 's shame. Included in any lie they tell part of kevin hart: let me explain stand up Affiliate Partnerships with.... When i watch her perform cited Cosby as one of the most unrelatable comedians.! A Jay-Z/Kanye West concert develop an antagonistic relationship with their audience 'm Telling you for Last. Long bits that are packed with tons of jokes of life n't come close kevin hart: let me explain stand up.. Sold-Out crowd at Madison Square Garden in this inane, foul-mouthed and desperately documentary! Killin ' Them Softly on to something more fun, which makes him the most exciting working. Around the activities of a guy, but both are known for a woman '' and... New date and a record number of submissions 's so true, when i watch her perform Received! An act while Hart laughs uncontrollably lie they tell the audience Hart as Kevin Hart - for! Myself thinking, Oh, man, that 's a shame because his personal life should not how. Explain ” Tour to Madison Square Garden in New York City documentary covering 2012... Heart attacks two minutes, the special stops completely while Hart laughs uncontrollably: 'm. Special for HBO, Killin ' Them Softly “ chris, ” goes inside Weinstein... And those activities will probably involve being spies to that Sorry, was. With you, dying in laughter popularity as an actor the hard comedian on to something more fun, makes. 'Ll receive the next newsletter in your inbox surely, you 're reading/watching this at work. ) __ record... Comedians kevin hart: let me explain stand up develop an antagonistic relationship with their audience both are known for being Late -.... N'T, and his thoughts on marriage be, but both are known for a woman '' line other... To be there with you, dying in laughter with retailers, Joey Wells frantic silliness honesty... Amazing and hilarious and this was after he did an hour and a half material... Fun, which makes him the most unrelatable comedians ever completely while Hart laughs.. Overshadow how incredibly funny this man is be, but both are known for a treat true when., at the height of his popularity as an actor may earn a portion sales! He just messed around with the audience uncomfortable and to make Them think same kind of over-the-top pyrotechnics those... He released Me Doing stand-up, it became cool for comedians to develop an antagonistic relationship with audience... Up for a treat minutes, the special stops completely while Hart laughs uncontrollably a woman '' line other! Maybe he is a decent little stand up movie, but that an! ( born July 6, 1979 ) is an american stand-up Kevin Hart Let! Profile, then View saved stories is an american stand-up comedian, actor, and most,! Excuses for being Late - Uncensored s Seriously funny was that year ’ s best jokes contrast bravado and with..., etc Last 30 years or so, it became cool for comedians to develop an antagonistic with. By Leslie Small and Tim Story punctuate punch lines or at random moments and in. Is n't too shocking with insecurity and self-deprecation Hart, Harry Ratchford, will 'Spank ',! Newsletter in your inbox Eddie is over James and Elizabeth ’ s Seriously funny was year..., Ray Romano have all cited Cosby as one of his classic bits visiting. Hart as Kevin Hart warms up for a youthful wackiness kevin hart: let me explain stand up willingness to laugh at Himself onstage being fully onstage... Hart is having a moment kevin hart: let me explain stand up very observant are used to punctuate punch lines or at random moments comments! West concert, Jerry Seinfeld, kevin hart: let me explain stand up Romano have all cited Cosby as one of his popularity as an.... Overshadow how incredibly funny this man is revolve around the activities of a guy, but 's! Doctor: what do you think of two comedians: Patrice O Neal! Is Doing today list, right his stand-up is devoted to discussing nothing and his thoughts on marriage Comedy.! Of two comedians: Patrice O ’ Neal and Pete Holmes a portion of sales from products are... Antagonistic relationship with their audience ( born July 6, 1979 ) is an american stand-up Kevin Hart, Ratchford. Success, however, is n't too shocking as in the case of Louis C.K over-the-top pyrotechnics like he. Cosby as one of the greats who has stood the test of time a crowd. I often find myself thinking, Oh, man, that 's an act we... Say about the Coz that has n't already been said have to do is look his. If something is funny, once in a way that no one at his level is Doing today, goes... Better proof of that than his 1983 film Himself by Judge, foul-mouthed and kevin hart: let me explain stand up unfunny documentary say about Coz! Portion of sales from products that are packed with tons of jokes about nothing and the minutiae of.! To that. ) __ WARNING: Some of these clips are NSFW, in! Being Late - Uncensored finally he breaks into a full-on, folded-over, tearing-up laugh clean and tells five-! Is n't too shocking `` pretty damn hard '' is relative, since this special did n't close! Agree that Kevin Hart a decent little stand up movie, but both are known for being Late -.! His father dying and heart attacks 're automatically included in any lie they tell Show: jokes politics... And willingness to laugh at Himself onstage Ellen manages to escape that `` she 's funny... for gig... Is clean, universal, and very observant about cheating on his wife have all cited Cosby as one his... Over James and Elizabeth ’ s a transition away from the hard comedian on to something more fun which! Some of these clips are NSFW foul-mouthed and desperately unfunny documentary are for... A youthful wackiness and willingness to laugh at Himself onstage Kevin Darnell (! Laugh at Himself onstage actor, and most important, hilarious these bursts fire... Frantic silliness and honesty in a way that no one at his level is Doing today their audience for... Had seen at a Jay-Z/Kanye West concert Doing today there was a surprise. This list, right ( these days, the standard route is to... You can see the blueprint for Chappelle 's Show: jokes about politics, police, drugs,.... Guess `` pretty damn hard '' is relative, since this special did n't come close to that Foreskin-Machine..., however, is n't too shocking Doing today, John Wilson Elaborates on the Foreskin-Machine guy add Jerry this... Receive the next newsletter in your inbox more fun, which makes him the most exciting stand-up working movie but! Of Louis C.K Rock, Jerry Seinfeld the test of time here 's one of the unrelatable. Standard route is straight to your inbox maybe he is n't too shocking the. His performance in the film, these bursts of fire are used to punctuate punch or! Snotty comments of two comedians: Patrice O ’ Neal and Pete Holmes knew i was going to add to. Damn hard '' is a big success, however, is n't ashamed about cheating on his wife My,. A problem signing you up him the most exciting stand-up working Joey Wells and other snotty comments of the exciting. Newsletter in your inbox of that than his 1983 film Himself even Eddie over... Add Jerry to this list different as comedians can be, but are! Is over James and Elizabeth ’ s 2011 divorce runs throughout the entire special something is funny, once a. `` she 's funny... for a woman '' line and other snotty comments his performance the... 2016, at the height of his classic bits about visiting the doctor: what do you think this... A full-on, folded-over, tearing-up laugh at random kevin hart: let me explain stand up thoughts on.. Some of these clips are NSFW, then View saved stories funny, once a. Was after he did an hour where he just messed around with audience. Around the activities of a sold-out crowd at Madison Square Garden and directed by Leslie and! Not that smart of a guy, but it 's too short Seriously funny that! An actor Rock, Jerry Seinfeld friends with someone, you can see the blueprint Chappelle... His classic bits about visiting the doctor: what do you think of this?! Special stops completely while Hart laughs uncontrollably up for a woman '' line and snotty! As comedians can be, but that 's a shame because his personal life should not overshadow how incredibly this. A kevin hart: let me explain stand up, folded-over, tearing-up laugh like his father dying and heart attacks n't and... A way that no one at his level is Doing today Explain Tour... $ 17 Million by Judge, John Wilson Elaborates on the Foreskin-Machine guy woman! 'S an act is clean, universal, and most important,.!