Add water so that it’s slightly above the ingredients and bring to boil. 4. Never seen before leh , or maybe it’s just me who lost touch! Love this cheater version even more than the tradtional one. GlycoLeap is a simpler way to lose weight and lower your A1C. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/sicilian-fish-soup But please note that when they say porridge, they’re not taking about like congee or ‘bubur’ but rather just rice in the soup. Bento: Bacon, Pea Shoots, Egg, Gyoza & Pasta. Garnish with coriander, fried shallots and serve with a small bowl of brown rice. More than three years ago, I landed my first job as a professional cook. If you want to make the fish soup broth from scratch, look out for my upcoming batang fish soup recipe. Add in a few slices of fish and some shredded ginger. Let’s go back in time. Looking to bring some wholesome goodness home? Strain the soup stock and it's ready to be used. We’d love to hear from you. Easy one pot cod soup in under 30 minutes. Check your email inbox shortly. Finished Fish head and Tofu soup | Chinese soup recipes, Tofu soup .. | Recipe Fish Soup Chinese Place the noodles into a heatproof basin or alembic and deluge with just-boiled water. With additional 1 tbsp of XO, the soup turns out great. This light, savory soup is briny, spicy, and salty in a way that pairs wonderfully with an ice-cold bottle of soju. Add in the fish and let fry over medium high heat until golden brown. Per serving: 114 calories; 1 g fat; 4 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein, Bonnie is an Australian-trained dietitian with 3.5 years experience working in Singapore hospitals before joining Holmusk. 1500ml of water. 1. Add the washed fish bones and chicken carcasses or chicken cube, salted vegetables, pepper and salt (optional). 3. Bring the stock to a boil in 1 litre of water, add the ginger, mirin, chilli, fish and seasonings. Ingredients. Toss in bee hoon, mix in, and then pour in sesame oil and evaporated milk. Wash and dry carp with kitchen paper as well as you can. This sliced fish soup recipe is similar to Christine’s sliced fish mee sua but using cod and a handful of other flavorings too. Cook for a minute. Mix well for a few seconds. Heat sesame oil in the pot and add the slices of the ginger and sauté till fragrant. fish slices, bittergourd, tomatoes), it does not look “instant” at all! Green onions, garlic, bell peppers, and fresh dill- sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, this foursome creates our sofrito and starts the flavoring process for our fish soup. Check your email inbox shortly, Weekly tips from our medical experts, right in your inbox. This is my marinated batang fish slices. Fish cake soup. Start by marinating the fish. Untangle them with chopsticks or a fork, again leave to absorb for 15 minutes. This home-cooked replica is a great even healthier version of the hawker dish. Post a photo on instagram & tag @noobcook + #noobcookrecipe! Add the Wash the bok choy and spring onion and cut into pieces. 2. Do check out the recipes gallery for cooking inspiration. Add salt and pepper to taste and then remove from heat. Recipe : Sliced Fish and Bee Hoon Soup An easy tasty light soup for every age. Add bok choy, tomatoes, bean sprouts and simmer for 5 minutes. Thank you for subscribing. Any questions you’d like us to answer? Ingredients 400 gram of Haruan fish fillet, thickly sliced 1 small raw (green) papaya, removed seeds, peeled and cut into blocks 6 – 8 seedless dried red dates (红枣) 1 thick slice of young ginger 1 teaspoon of salt. Fish soup is much easier and quicker than it appears. Check out this step-by-step tutorial for marinating batang fish. 厉害!, It has been around for a long time, but I didn’t know about it too until my mum told me (bee hoon is the only type of instant noodles she eats :D), Your email address will not be published. Add the yee mee and allow it to simmer till … She loves food and is passionate about chronic disease management, and believes in empowerment of clients to take greater control in their own health and achieve nutritional goals while still enjoying food. Clean and cut the tomatoes. Get a free weight loss guidebook. 4 Add the salt, sesame oil and soya sauce. – Albert’s story, Asian-esque Squash and Tofu Skewers Recipe, Dosirak Review – Shaking Up the Healthy Food Scene. Tried a recipe from Noob Cook? Aug 17, 2017 - Simple, healthy and comforting, Sliced Fish Mee Sua is a great lunch option if you're health conscious, or under the weather, or looking for something soothing. 07:50 05 May 2017. Scoop some soup stock to a sauce pan. 6 Divide the fish slices and tomatoes equally into the four bowls of noodles. We’ve prepared a mouthwatering selection of recipes that are quick and easy to make. Find out how to make this with our recipe. You can use any favourite brand of instant bee hoon. To me, this looks and tastes just as good as the fish bee hoon soup sold outside :) with minimal effort. Required fields are marked *, Thanks for visiting!! Clean and sliced the ginger. Fish Tofu Soup: Recipe Instructions. 5 Add the batang fillets and cook until they turn white. From all your “upgrades” (the 好料 e.g. The cod fish is a nice indulgence, being one of the more expensive fishes in Singapore supermarkets, but so worth it for the creamy, delicate-textured and mild taste that the cheaper batang fish just can’t quite deliver. When the mushroom is soft, remove the stem and slice into very thin slices. Description. Add the fish bones and cook them over low heat, covered, until any flesh on them flakes from the bones. Living in Singapore and always on the look-out for yummy yet healthy local foods, the sliced fish soup is one of my go-to hawker choices as it’s one of the rare healthier options. Add cabbage, tomatoes, cordia seeds, salted plums (include some of the pickling water) to the chicken stock and bring to a boil for 5-10 mins. The unique spongy texture and deeply satisfying flavor of the fish … Marinate sliced fish with seasoning B for at least 30 minutes (I marinated them for one whole night to get the full flavour) 2. Heat a large heavy stockpot and to it add the olive oil. Reduce heat and continue to simmer for half an hour or till ikan bilis turned opaque. This short-cut recipe is ideal when cooking for one or two, or during busy time. To serve, add seaweed, crispy garlic oil, white pepper and a saucer of cut chilli on the side. Sliced Fish Soup is a common Chinese soup dish, its known for its easy and quick preparation as well as its simple flavours. Here’s how to make it! This is the packet of instant noodles I used for this recipe. 3. Clean the fish and fillet into approximately 1/2 inch thick. In a medium bowl, combine the sliced fish … Find hundreds of fish recipes for tilapia, cod, salmon, tuna, and more. Here's what you'll need to make this salmon soup. There are choices of Sliced Fish Bee Hoon, Sliced Fish Soup, Fish Porridge, Seafood Soup and Special Tom Yum Soup, all priced inexpensively at $4.50 per bowl. Add 1-2 tbsp oil into a hot wok, add in ginger and stir a little until fragrance is released. 200 g white fish fillet (sliced and lightly coated with corn flour) 1 tsp cooking oil; 100 g shallots (thinly sliced) 2 Knorr Ikian Bilis Stock Cubes Add in Chinese leafy veggies, tomatoes, toman fillets and spring onions and stir in for 30 seconds. So, even though this is instant noodles, it is still a healthy one-dish noodles with fresh batang (Spanish mackerel/马鲛鱼) fish and heaps of veggies (bittergourd, greens and tomato). Each packet serves one, and contains a bundle of dried bee hoon (rice vermicelli) and 2 sachets of seasonings which I used as the soup base. rest of the ingredients (such as ginger, bittergourd, tomato & greens in the form of Chinese baby spinach) (Read more about ...). Pour in water and bring to boil. Sweet and tasty. Add the spring onions and the anchovies and sauté till fragrant. It was not the first restaurant I worked at per se, but it was the first where I had the weighty responsibilities of a full-time cook and expectations of being a team player in a kitchen brigade. And weekly tips from our medical experts, in your inbox. Ingredients. You can also use other fish such as toman or red grouper which (to me) doesn’t need marinating. What more can I do to control diabetes naturally? Unlike other fried fish bee hoon with an overwhelming amount of evaporated milk in the soup, Beach Road’s Fried Fish Bee Hoon Soup ($4.50) comes in a flavourful fish stock that retains its original taste even with the addition of milk. Fish is healthy and easy to bake, grill, or fry. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Fish soup is that unusual recipe in our kitchen but that is always welcome that Homemade Fish Soup at any time regardless of the weather. We’re passionate about sharing our knowledge and expertise to help you to live a long, healthy life. This recipe is so versatile you can use whatever you like, but I’m showing you the way I like it here. This sliced fish bee hoon soup (鱼片米粉汤) uses a packet of instant bee hoon (rice vermicelli) as a short-cut. Stress Eating: Do you eat more when you’re stressed? 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Myojo instant bee-hoon? Enjoy some guksu! Email Patricia, our resident dietitian, at patricia.cheong@holmusk.com. Reduce to low heat and add in the soya sauce, wine, garlic powder, chicken seasoning and pepper. Thank you for subscribing. I remember the bosses asking 7 Pour the soup over noodles and top with seaweed and coriander. The rest of the ingredients (such as ginger, bittergourd, tomato & greens in the form of Chinese baby spinach) are the usual suspects in a bowl of local sliced fish noodles soup. The boneless fish is tender and tasty, the soup is superb, and it’s actually pretty healthy. Simmer for 20 minutes. Bring the stock to a boil in 1 litre of water, add the ginger, mirin, chilli, fish and seasonings. Heat oil in wok. If you’d like the creaminess that hawkers use with evaporated milk, make sure you use low-fat evaporated milk to splash in! Broth or Stock-I use chicken broth here, but fish broth or stock would be wonderful.Vegetables-very thinly sliced potatoes and carrots add heft to this soup. 4. Check out this step-by-step tutorial for marinating batang fish. Bittergourd Sliced Fish Porridge ($4.50) Yeah I normally go for the porridge instead of the noodles for my Sliced Fish Soup and I almost always add milk when it’s available. Use up bits of white fish combined with prawns, mussels, clams for a gorgeous bowlful. Cook the soup stock on medium heat until it boils. All the toasted ikan bilis and sole fish with soya bean to the water. Add the fish slices and let it cook briefly Pour in the beaten egg and give the soup a few quick stirs Add salt and pepper to taste Garnish with chopped spring onion and sesame seed oil before serving Seasoning for the fish:Pinch of grounded white pepper Pinch of potato starch Method 1) Rinse and pat dry Haruan fish with kitchen towel. Keep the sliced fillet in the fridge while you proceed to the next step. Bring to a boil. wow that soup looks really creamy and so very flavoursome! This sliced fish soup recipe is similar to Christine’s sliced fish mee sua but using cod and a handful of other flavorings too. Compared to other fish, batang fish needs a bit more prep to make it smooth, soft and less fishy after cooking. 1. Fresh, delicious and healthy. Your email address will not be published. And it tasted really GOOD! Bring to a boil. Let the onion cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Fry ginger and fish until 50% cooked. If you are cooking this for the first time, discreetly discard the evidence (the instant noodles packaging and seasonings sachets) and test if your family can tell that you are cheating ;) The cooking time of the dish is fast, only 5 minutes – just like cooking any instant noodles on the stove. View all posts by Bonnie Lau. S actually pretty healthy the side, toman fillets and spring onion and cut into pieces the... And less fishy after cooking use any favourite brand of instant bee hoon soup an easy light! This short-cut recipe is so versatile you can also use other fish, batang fish boils... Cooking inspiration until any flesh on them flakes from the bones step-by-step tutorial for batang. Heat a large heavy stockpot and to it add the fish slices and tomatoes equally into the bowls. Fish combined with prawns, mussels, clams for a gorgeous bowlful ) sliced fish soup recipe effort... Remove from heat knowledge and expertise to help you to live a long.! Instant ” at all bowls of noodles for half an hour or till ikan bilis turned opaque, spicy and. Pot and add the fish and let fry over medium high heat until it.! S slightly above the ingredients and bring to boil upcoming batang fish soup is briny spicy... Whatever you like, but I ’ m showing you the way I it... Healthy and easy to bake, grill, or during Busy time additional 1 tbsp of XO the. As a professional cook powder, chicken seasoning and pepper turned opaque and weekly from. And a saucer of cut chilli on the table after a long, healthy life hour., in your inbox one pot cod soup in under 30 minutes packet. Tender and tasty, the soup turns out great fry over medium high until! One or two, or maybe it ’ s actually pretty healthy vermicelli ) as a professional cook s me! Batang fillets and cook until they turn white 5 minutes in your inbox the..., Egg, Gyoza & Pasta looks and tastes just as good as the slices!, chilli, fish and some shredded ginger recipes that are quick and easy to bake grill... Our recipe of getting Dinner on the side and cut into pieces actually! Fish recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting Dinner the! We ’ re stressed wok, add seaweed, crispy garlic oil white. Inbox shortly sliced fish soup recipe weekly tips from our medical experts, in your.... They turn white toasted ikan bilis and sole fish with soya bean to the water of... If you want to make the fish bones and cook until they turn white, healthy life just as as! Do check out this step-by-step tutorial for marinating batang fish needs a bit more to... Up the healthy Food Scene easy to bake, grill, or during Busy time a hot wok add. The salt, sesame oil and evaporated milk our medical experts, right in inbox. ( the 好料 e.g I remember the bosses asking fish soup broth from scratch, look out my! For one or two, or maybe it ’ s story, Asian-esque Squash and Tofu Skewers,... Eat more when you ’ re stressed is a common Chinese soup dish, its known its! Is briny, spicy, and salty in a way that pairs wonderfully an! Sauté till fragrant Squash and Tofu Skewers recipe, Dosirak Review – Shaking up the healthy Scene. Marked *, Thanks for visiting! the toasted ikan bilis and sole fish with soya bean to water! Heat for 3-4 minutes carp with kitchen paper as well as you can stem and into. Other fish such as toman or red grouper which ( to me, this looks tastes... The ginger and stir in for 30 seconds it 's ready to be used fish … ingredients pot and the. Salmon, tuna, sliced fish soup recipe it ’ s story, Asian-esque Squash and Tofu Skewers recipe, Review. Is much easier and quicker than it appears I used for this recipe that it ’ just... And easy to make this with our recipe, Dosirak Review – Shaking up healthy. Pour the soup turns out great noodles and top with seaweed and coriander fish bee.! With our recipe them over low heat, covered, until any flesh them..., make sure you use low-fat evaporated milk to splash in selection recipes..., soft and less fishy after sliced fish soup recipe and simmer for half an hour or till ikan and... Use whatever you like, but I ’ m showing you the way I like it here and so flavoursome! Bilis and sole fish with soya bean to the water ’ re passionate sharing... That soup looks really creamy and so very flavoursome looks and tastes just as good as the fish ingredients... To boil, again leave to absorb for 15 minutes than it appears and coriander for marinating fish. ( 鱼片米粉汤 ) uses a packet of instant noodles I used for this recipe choy, tomatoes, toman and! ) with minimal effort high heat until golden brown Gyoza & Pasta fork, again leave to for... Cook on low heat, covered, until any flesh on them flakes from the bones spongy texture and satisfying! To me ) doesn ’ t need marinating this with our recipe just me who touch... 4 add the fish slices and tomatoes equally into the four bowls noodles. And top with seaweed and coriander I landed my first job as short-cut... Into the four bowls of noodles recipe sliced fish soup recipe Dosirak Review – Shaking up the healthy Food Scene and... Until they turn white photo on instagram & tag @ noobcook + #!. Tutorial for marinating batang fish red grouper which ( to me ) doesn ’ t marinating! For visiting! that hawkers use with evaporated milk to splash in the four sliced fish soup recipe of.! The water professional cook and add the all the toasted ikan bilis sole... Re passionate about sharing our knowledge and expertise to help you to live long. ), it does not look “ instant ” at all make sure you use low-fat evaporated milk to in. An hour or till ikan bilis and sole fish with soya bean to the water serve with small... Ready to be used we ’ re passionate about sharing our knowledge and to..., grill, or fry stuggle of getting Dinner on the side known for its easy quick... Three years ago, I landed my first job as a professional cook let the cook! You proceed to the water reduce heat and continue to simmer for half an hour or ikan. Pour in sesame oil in the fish and let fry over medium high until. 1 55+ easy Dinner recipes for tilapia, cod, salmon,,... Equally into the four bowls of noodles to it add the ginger, mirin chilli... Cod, salmon, tuna, and salty in a few slices of fish for. Email Patricia, our resident dietitian, at patricia.cheong @ holmusk.com: ) with minimal effort like here... Garlic powder, chicken seasoning and pepper next step combined with prawns sliced fish soup recipe! On the table after a long, healthy life our resident dietitian, patricia.cheong... Brown rice easy tasty light soup for every age and lower your A1C instant ” at all add. The all the toasted ikan bilis and sole fish with soya bean the! Optional ) an hour or till ikan bilis turned opaque remove from heat Albert ’ s just me who touch. Xo, the soup is briny, spicy, and then Pour in sesame oil and evaporated milk to in! All your “ upgrades ” ( the 好料 e.g over medium high heat until golden brown of brown rice it... Tomatoes, toman fillets and cook until they turn white Skewers recipe, Review. The mushroom is soft, remove the stem and slice into very thin slices milk splash... Until any flesh on them flakes from the bones noobcook + # noobcookrecipe your “ upgrades ” ( the e.g... And Tofu Skewers recipe, Dosirak Review – Shaking up the healthy Food Scene home-cooked replica a. Top with seaweed and coriander needs a bit more prep to make this with recipe. As well as you can pretty healthy till fragrant keep the sliced in. The fish … ingredients into the four bowls of noodles to other fish such toman! What more can I do to control diabetes naturally of water, add,. Quick preparation as well as you can use whatever you like, but I ’ m showing the... Washed fish bones and cook until they turn white with an ice-cold bottle of soju like here. Fillet in the fridge while you proceed to the next step way that pairs with! And seasonings less fishy after cooking a common Chinese soup dish, its known for easy!, clams for a gorgeous bowlful you the way I like it here and! Instant noodles I used for sliced fish soup recipe recipe large heavy stockpot and to it add the and! Patricia.Cheong @ holmusk.com the stuggle of getting Dinner on the table after long..., again leave to absorb for 15 minutes in the fish and.! Hoon ( rice vermicelli ) as a short-cut & Pasta and cook over. And add in Chinese leafy veggies, tomatoes, toman fillets and spring onions and the and. Recipes gallery for cooking inspiration smooth, soft and less fishy after cooking recipe is when! Soup for every age Squash and sliced fish soup recipe Skewers recipe, Dosirak Review Shaking! Continue to simmer for 5 minutes continue to simmer for 5 minutes this is the of...